The Berserker Necklace : A Forgotten Artifact

Benjamin6264

benjaminsobsidianguidexz0.jpg

Hello, and welcome to my second guide on the TIF : The Berserker Necklace / Obsidian Weapons Guide ::'.

Obsidian Weapons/Berserker Necklaces are the most under-estimated items ever.

The Berserker Necklace has the special ability to raise the damage you deal by 20% when wielding a melee Obsidian weapon (Sword, Dagger, Maul and Mace), which can make them extremely great weapons.

Requirements

-60 Attack for Split Sword, Knife and Mace

-60 Strength for Maul

You can use the Obsidian Weapons if...

-You want to do Pvp (Obsidian Split-Sword, Maul and Mace);

-You want to do Slayer (Obsidian Split Sword);

-You go killing the Corporeal Beast (Obsidian Split Sword in Stab);

-You go killing Waterfiends (Obsidian Maul and Mace Crush);

-You are a Strength pure with 1 Attack (Obsidian Maul);

-You cannot do the required quests for other weapons;

-You don't have the money for the other weapons, or just dont want to use it for that;

-You want to train Strength (Obsidian Split Sword in Agressive).

-You need/prefer a 1-handed weapon (Obsidian Split Sword and Mace)

[hide=Screenshots]45damagehg0.gif

Me doing Slayer at Black Dragons with Obsidian Split-Sword

50damagegreatersfv5.png

Me doing Slayer at Greater Demons with Obsidian Split-Sword

50damagenechs2gv4.gif

Slaying Nechryaels with Obsidian-Split-Sword

59874954qx7.png

Slaying Gargoyles using Obsidian Split-Sword

screenshotip4.gif

The_Dmt1234 (99 combat with Obby Sword + Berserker Necklace) killing another dude (111 combat with Abyssal Whip) in Bounty hunter. The comment in the chat box is about him.

For 17 other screenshots of Pvp kills by The_Dmt1234, click here.[/hide]

The Different Weapon Alternatives

[hide=Godsword + Fury Amulet]gsfuryzh3.gif

-Speed Level : 4

-Attack Modes : Accurate, Agressive, Defensive

-Damage Type : Slash/Crush (Crush less effective)

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 59

-Total Price : From 20m (Bgs) to 63m (Ags)

My Rating :

Strength : *****

Speed : **

Accuracy : ****

Cost : *[/hide]

[hide=Abyssal Whip + Rune Defender + Fury Amulet]whipdeffuryfl1.gif

-Speed Level : 6

-Attack Modes : Accurate, Controlled, Defensive

-Damage Type : Slash Only

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 48

-Total Price : 4.2m

My Rating :

-Strength : ****

-Speed : ****

-Accuracy : ****

-Price : ***[/hide]

[hide=Dragon Scimitar + Rune Defender + Fury Amulet]scimdeffuryzq7.gif

-Attack Modes : Accurate, Agressive, Controlled, Defensive

-Damage Type : Slash/Stab (Stab less effective)

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 45

-Total Price : 2.8m

My Rating :

Strength : ****

Speed : ****

Accuracy : ***

Price : ***[/hide]

[hide=Saradomin Sword + Fury Amulet]-No picture at the moment - Please send one if you have it-

-Damage Type : Slash/Crush (Crush less effective)

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 47

-Total Price : 10m

My Rating :

Accuracy : ****

Price : *[/hide]

[hide=Obsidian Split Sword + Rune Defender + Berserker Necklace]sworddefberserkgf4.gif

-Damage Type : Stab/Slash (Slash Less Effective)

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 48

-Total Price : 370k

My Rating :

Cost : *****[/hide]

[hide=Obsidian Knife + Rune Defender + Berserker Necklace]daggerberserkdefenderun0.gif

-Attack Modes : Accurate, Agressive, Controlled, Defensive

-Damage Type : Slash/Stab (Stab Less Effective)

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 45

-Total Price : 310k

My Rating :

Cost : *****[/hide]

[hide=Obsidian Maul + Berserker Necklace]maulberserkri6.gif

-Speed Level : 3

-Damage Type : Crush Only

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 57

-Total Price : 400k

My Rating :

-Strength : *****

-Speed : **

-Accuracy : ***

-Price : *****[/hide]

[hide=Obsidian Mace + Rune Defender + Berserker Necklace]maceberserkdefenderkl2.gif

-Speed Level : 5

-Damage Type : Crush Only

-Max Damage (At 99 Strength in Controlled Mode, with Maxed Armour, Pray and Pot) : 50

-Total Price : 310k

My Rating :

Strength : *****

Speed : ***

Price : *****[/hide]

[hide=Xp rates by The_Dmt1234]Here is an experience rate test done by The_Dmt1234 (I corrected some capital letters and stuff :lol:) I will try to add mine soon, showing the xp rates for people with 99 attack.

Wielding this:

Helmet: Berserker 75k

Plate: Bandos 12m

Legs: Bandos 10m

Shield: Obsidian 350k

Boots: Dragon 300k

Cape: Legends 750gp

Amulet: fury 2.8m/ berserk 200k

Goves: Barrows 100k

Ring: Berserker 2m

Weapon:

Scimitar - 100k;

Ss without shield - 7m;

Obsidian Sword - 130k.

Total for armour :

-with scimitar 27.725;

-with ss 34.325m ;

-with obby sword 25.195m.

I was training at Dagannoths under the lighthouse

My inventory was

-1 super set (4);

-1 prayer pot (4);

-1 dds.

The rest was tuna potatoes and I didn't pick up anything

-With the ss i hit constant low 40s high 30s;

-with scimitar i hit constant mid 30s high 20s;

-with obby sword i hit constant high 30s, but less 40s than the ss.

-With the sardomin sword i managed 71k exp;

-with the scimitar i managed 64k exp;

-with the obsidian sword i managed 68k exp.

For ~2.6m less i can obtain more exp than scimitar;

with the ss i need ~9.2m more for 3k exp more an hour.

[/hide]

Advantages/Disadvantages

obsidiansplitswordqp8.png

Advantages:

-Same speed as Whip, Ss or D Scimitar

-Faster than Godsword

-Hits more than Dragon Scimitar or Saradomin Sword, and as much as Abyssal Whip

-Lets you train Strength, while Abyssal Whip cannot efficiently.

-MUCH cheaper than any weapon + Fury Amulet

-Lets you attack with Stab, so useful against a lot of monsters weak against Stab.

-Is 1-handed, so you can put on a shield for extra bonuses and/or dragonfire protection

-Doesn't require any quests, and only 60 Attack.

-A better weapon for Strength training than Dragon Scimitar

Disadvantages:

-Berserker Necklace makes you lose a bit of your bonuses (-10 in all melee attacks, -20 in all defenses)

-Berserker Necklace gives +3 Prayer Bonus, while Fury Amulet gives +5

-Doesn't have a Special Attack

-Less accurate than Abyssal Whip, so disadvantageous on High-Defence monsters.

-Doesn't give a prayer bonus like the Godsword (+8) and Saradomin Sword (+2) do.

obsidianknifepu0.png

Advantages:

-Same speed as Abyssal Whip, Saradomin Sword or Dragon Scimitar

-Faster than Godsword

-Hits as much as Dragon Scimitar

-MUCH cheaper than any weapon + Fury Amulet

-Lets you train Strength, while Abyssal Whip cannot efficiently

-Can attack with Stab, so useful against a lot of monsters weak against Stab.

-Is 1-handed, so you can put on a shield for extra bonuses and/or dragonfire protection

-Doesn't require any quests finished, and only 60 Attack.

Disadvantages:

-Berserker Necklace makes you lose a bit of your bonuses (-10 in all melee attacks, -20 in all defenses)

-Berserker Necklace gives +3 Prayer Bonus, while Fury Amulet gives +5

-Slightly weaker than Saradomin Sword or Abyssal Whip

-Less accurate than Abyssal Whip or Saradomin Sword, so disadvantageous on High-Defence monsters

-Is roughly a weaker verion of Obsidian Split Sword, in slash. It's just better to use Obsidian Split Sword

-Doesn't give a prayer bonus like the Godsword (+8) and Saradomin Sword (+2) do.

obsidianmaulbs1.png

Advantages :

-Hits a whopping 57 damage per hit when maxed, making it a great finisher weapon for PvP

-Much cheaper than any weapon + Fury Amulet

-Requires no quests and only 60 Strength, so it is VERY useful for 1 Defence and 1 Attack pures

-Lets you attack with Crush, so useful against a lot of monsters weak against Crush.

Disadvantages :

-Berserker Necklace gives +3 Prayer, while Fury Amulet gives +5 Prayer

-Very slow, even more than Godsword

-2-Handed, so doesn't let you use any kind of shield (Hard to use to kill dragons)

obsidianmacerh3.png

Advantages :

-Hits a whopping 50 damage per hit when maxed, making it a great finisher weapon for PvP

-Faster Than Godsword

-1-handed, so you can use a shield for extra bonuses and/or dragonfire protection.

-Lets you attack with Crush, so useful against a lot of monsters weak against Crush.

-No quests requirements, and only 60 Attack needed.

Disadvantages :

-Berserker Necklace gives +3 Prayer, while Fury Amulet gives +5 Prayer

-Slower than D scimitar, Whip or Saradomin Sword

Tips on using Obsidian Weapons

-It is a very good thing to have a high Attack level when using these weapons, since their main disadvantage (yet not big) is accuracy. Super Attack potions are also extremely useful. I suggest you don't use these weapons on monsters with high defence.

-The Berserker's Necklace special effect stacks with the Black Mask/Slayer Helm effect, so it is a good idea for Slayer tasks. Obsidian's Split Sword maxed damage goes from 48 to 52, Obsidian Maul from 57 to 61, Obsidian Knife from 45 to 48, and Obsidian Mace from 50 to 54.

-Try bringing a Dragon weapon like a Dragon Dagger with you when using Obsidian Weapons, so you can use your Special Attack Bar for something ;).

-Some armours, like Fighter Torso and all Chainbodies, have less defense against stab than other defenses, so Obsidian Split Sword is an excellent choice against them. Also, some monsters like the Corporeal Beast are weak to Stab attacks. Waterfiends can be fought with Obsidian Maul or Mace too since they are weak to Crush.

-For all the exact information and stats on Obsidian Weapons, click here.

Closing Words

In conclusion, the Obsidian Weapons along with the Berserker Necklace are, in some situations, the best alternatives you can have. They are cheap, efficient, and have very few requirements (Stat-like and Quest-like) to be used. I strongly recommend you to compare your Max Hit with Obsidian Weapons and your usual weapons on the Tip.it Max Hit Calculator.

Well, that's it for my Berserker Necklace guide ::'. If you have any comment, suggestions or anything to tell me, please post here. I'll be happy to answer you. Also, I would like to ask you that if you have ANY screenshot/vids that might be useful for this guide (Max hits, KOs, etc.), please post them here.

Credits :

-The_dmt1234 for loooots of help on this guide

-Vistigal for letting me do some experiments on him :roll:

-Tip.it for helping me a lot with Runescape ;)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no guide, you are not explaining any tactics or any details about the berseker necklace. You just display some stats. You say that all obsidian weapons require 60 attack, but the obsidian maul requires 60 strength and no attack. I am sorry to say it, but this is quite useless.

Leonxb.png

W0o0o0p: That's wrong. Obisidian split sword is as fast as whip, sara sword or d scimitar ;), and Berserker necklace only boosts the melee weapons.

Leon : If you read my guide as you should've before flaming it, you would've seen I wrote that the split sword was an excellent weapon for training and killing low-defence monsters more easily than with any other weapon, and that the obsidian maul is a perfect finisher weapon for pvp.

First, i'm not flaming you, i am saying that i don't like your guide.

You only gave twice your opinion, and that's far too few for a guide. Add tips, tricks, personal experiences etc. You aren't even giving a final judgement about the berserker necklace. So that's why i don't like your guide, but this is just my opinion.

Leonxb.png

Informative actually, thank you.

For the most part, I can see this being a fairly nice, cheap alternative to the whip/dscim + defender combo..

Thanks for listing the side by side stats of each of the combinations..

Maybe add a few places that YOU think each obby weapon out performs whips, such as experiments, rock crabs etc.. maybe some rates of exp too

8/10

ix_lexi_ix.png

This guide is not about a big subject like gwd or whatever. It doesnt need to be extremely long to understand everything. Therefor there is nothing to add to this guide in my opinion. It would just make it heavier, which is not a good thing.

Aceripper : Thanks a lot for your post ::'. I will add this when I manage to get it ;)

excellent guide 9/10.

i was always mocked for using my tuning fork (split sword) at castle wars,pc, duels

you're probably the first person to agree that serk necklace + obby weapon is as good, if not better. when fighting people who are using torso the sword is very good since the torso only has about 60+ def against stab compared to 80 in slash, and the obby mace altho relataviely slow has good +crush which plates are weak too. i am 99 strength and i porbaly gained about 1m exp from training with the obby weapons.

the necklace is also good when you want to test your max hit, fighting a maxed pure with 1 defence wearing necklace has -20 defence stats and 1 defence- not hard to hit a 0

if you'd like i can upload some pictures of high hits, i have near maxed strength bonus, no fire cape or dfs-only 70 defence and i cannot use piety

chivalry only 55 pray

and i think i still have an extra picture of me level 100 in old mid bh killing a level 111, him using whip me using obby sword

also i'd just like to add that the saradomin sword maybe be a better choice but what's the price difference? 6m?

]ac_s_dc.png

Thanks for your post. I'll add your tip about torso to my guide if you don't mind ;) I'll try getting maxed pictures, although I don't have 99 strength atm (planning to get it eventually).

wachtwoord : I will be getting these very soon. Berserker's special effect does stack with the black mask, but it cannot be used with salve amulet since they both take the amulet space.

He's a strength-based fighter like you, so you probably had about same stats. Also, do you remember what combat level you were approximately when killing this guy? It could be useful for my guide.

Nice guide.... I might buy Obsidian split sword instead of whip, (im saving for bgs, it should save a lot of cash.... :thumbsup: :D )

7.5/10 for a guide, add in a few training spots etc for it....

Meamzed

meamzed.png

yes i was 99 or 100, i'm still 100 but i had about 97 stength and maybe 86 hp

oh and in the picture,not to be up my self but mr huggles or whatever his name is, he was talking about me before he got attacked by a ranger

]ac_s_dc.png

A good guide, obsidian weapons are severly under-used and under-estimated. I've tried all setups that you've listed (with exception to the obby knife and mace) and I agree with pretty much everything except that obby sword has a higher xp rate than SS.

You may not think it, but accuracy *does* make a difference over time even on lower level NPC's, so even though obby sword might have +1 or so max hit over SS (During my experience obby sword had -1 max hit of a whip, I never got around to comparing max hits with SS but since rune defender gives +1-2 to your max, it's either the same or one max hit better) the accuracy of SS does inch it over the xp rate of an obby sword. Regardless, for the price of an obby sword and beserker necklace, your getting quite the deal.

Also, you might want to add to your pro/con list that a huge advantage of an obby maul is it's 1 att requirement, which is what obby pures are based around.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

imo it was an ok guide i guess people should post construtive critism if any but you guys shouldnt be yelling at him. i say it just because he took the time to make the guide if you dont like it simply give it some rating #/# or somthing but not flame em about it. but w/e lol thats just my opinion

OTMSigXD.png

Philip_kolar : Thanks for your post, but that comment about being 1 attack is already written.

Advantages :

-Hits a whopping 57 damage per hit when maxed, making it a great finisher weapon for PvP

Disadvantages :

-Makes you lose a bit of your bonuses (-10 in all melee attacks, -20 in all defenses)

-Gives +3 Prayer, while Fury Amulet gives +5 Prayer

-Very slow, even more than Godsword

-2-Handed, so doesn't let you use any kind of shield (Impossible to use to kill dragons)

^ I was talking about that section, but if it's somewhere else in there then that's just as good.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Tzhaar split-sword is as fast as dragon long not dragon scimitar. :?

edit: what about obby rings? doesnt berserker necklace increase their hits?

other than that good guide :)

Doesn't affect rings. And the splitsword is the same speed as the scimitar. Know before posting.

Great guide. I recommend the mace.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!