Slaytanicc's Green Dragon Slaying Guide!

gorgoroth

Welcome to my Green Dragon Slaying Guide!

Throughout this guide i will teach you everything there is to know about Slaying Green Dragons effectively. I will be discussing all three Combat Styles (Melee, Ranged and Magic) and discuss each ones Pro's and Con's. Lets get started.

What are Green Dragons?

Level: 79. Hitpoints: 75. Exp per Dragon: 300.

7.jpg

Green Dragons are mythological monsters found in some parts of the Wilderness in RuneScape. This guide will be dealing with the Chaos Tunnel Green Dragons. These Dragons are one of the best Combat-related money makers in the game (giving you have the required levels, equipment and skill) because they can be easily killed and you are almost always likely to be the only player there. There are 3 Green Dragons and 8 Baby Black Dragons in this room. The Chaos Tunnels is a Multiway Combat zone so you will be attacked by more than one Dragon at a time. This can however be avoided by moving around the Green Dragon until the Baby Black Dragons cannot reach you. If you are Ranging or Maging, there are several safe spots which can be used.

Slaying Green Dragons using Melee

This is probably the most popular method of Slaying Green Dragons. Its popular because of its speedy kills and its low cost.

What are the suggested levels?

As in any situation, the higher leveled players will always gain more benefit than the lower lever will gain. Luckily, with Green Dragons, even the lower levels can still gain great riches. To make anything upwards of 200k an hour i would suggest you have the following levels:

Strength: 75+

Attack: 70+

Defense: 70+

Any player wishing to make upwards of 300K gp's an hour should have the following levels:

Strength: 90+

Attack: 85+

Defense: 85+

*I usually manage to make about 380k - 410k gp's an hour with my stats. Players with maxed melee stats can easily gain upwards of 500k gp's an hour with the right setup and skill.

What Armour should i use?

As in every case, there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. The right way is not always the best way, as this can cost you quite a lot. I will place the armour from the best to the worst when it comes to Slaying Green Dragons:

Head: Helm Of Neitiznot > Berserker Helm > Warrior Helm > Dragon Med Helm > Rune Full Helm

Neck: Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory > Amulet of Strength > Amulet of Power

Torso: Bandos Chesplate > Fighter Torso > Barrows Platedodies > Dragon Platebody > Dragon Chainbody > Rune Platebody

Legs: Bandos Tassets > Barrows Platelegs > Dragon Platelegs > Rune Platelegs

Feet: Dragon Boots > Rune Boots > Climbing Boots

Ring Spot: Berserker Ring > Warrior Ring > Ring of Wealth

Hands: Best RFD Gloves > Regen Bracelet > Combat Bracelet > Dragon Gauntlets (FoG) > Rune Gauntlets (FoG)

Cape Spot: Fire Cape > Achievement Cape (t) > Achievement Cape

Weapon: Whip* > Dragon Scimitar* > Dragon Longsword > Dragon Dager(DDS)

**Shield: Dragonfire Shield > Anti-Dragon Shield

*When training Defense or Attack its best to use a whip. If training Strength it is best to use a Scimitar. If you are not Slaying Green Dragons for EXP but only for gp's, then it is best to use a whip.

**It is VERY important that you either have a Dragonfire Shield or an Anti-Dragon Shield. Without it you will not survive for long.

Here is an example of a BASIC setup used to Slay Green Dragons:

Training Defense or Attack

1.jpg

Training Strength

2.jpg

The two setups above both focus on an equal balance of a Defensive and Offensive bonus. This will allow you to get fast kills without getting hit too often.

What should my inventory look like?

One of the fun things about Slaying Green Dragons is that they dont require a lot of supplies, therefore the profit can be maximized. This is what should be in your inventory before you start a trip:

Antifire Potion

Games Necklace

Food (2 or 3 pieces of food will be enough)

Here is an example of a BASIC inventory:

3.jpg

*If you are afraid of dying you should take more food with you, you can alwayd drop them when they get in the way.

How do I get there?

Getting there is very simple and banking your items even more so. To enter the Chaos Tunnels you can either go from Varrock Northwards of the Wilderness Ditch or you could go Southwards from Bounty Hunter. It is much easier to use the Bounty Hunter method and therefore i will be discussing only that. The Games Necklace you have in your inventory now comes into play. Select the rub option on your necklace and choose the Bounty Hunter tab. Once you reach Bounty Hunter this is the path that should be taken:

4.jpg

*The Red Path is used to get to Green Dragons. The Black Path is used to bank your items and restock after every trip.

Once you reach the right select the "enter rift" option:

5.jpg

Once you have entered the right you will be inside the Chaos Tunnels. Ignore the Portal behind you. Keep heading North till you see another portal and enter it:

6.jpg

You will now see a big room with three separate sections. Each room has one Green Dragon and a few Baby Black Dragons. Ignore the Baby Black Dragons and focus only on the Green Dragons. Try and avoid the Baby Black Dragons by hiding behind Green Dragons as the Chaos Tunnels is Multi-Combat and it can get brutal if you are piled by two or more Dragons at one time:

8.jpg

Which drops should i pick up?

Green Dragons drop a wide variety of items including Herbs, Runes, Armour, Green Dragonhide, Coins, Dragonbones, Seeds, Charms and Key Halves. The Green Dragon Dragonhides and Dragonbones are the items you will be hunting for as they will bring you the most profit. Always pick them up and only pick up other items if they are valued at more than 2k (for example Nature Runes(15), Rune Dagger, Ranarrs etc.) and always take the Green, Crimson and Blue Charms.

This is what a common drop looks like :

9.jpg

After you have killed 13dragons your inventory will be full. This is what it should look like:

10.jpg

*Sometimes some of the Dragon Bones and Dragonhides will be substituted for other items that you may have picked up, such as Herbs or Charms.

This is how much one inventory is worth:

11.jpg

*For lower levels each trip should take about 10 or 12 minutes. For the higher levels each trip should take about 6 -8 minutes. I manage to get a full inventory after about 6 or 8minutes. Each inventory is worth 48k.

Lower levels should be able to get between 4.5 and 5 inventories per hour(taking the time for banking and restocking into consideration) and higher levels should be able to get between 8 and 9 inventories per hour. This means that lower levels can get between 216k and 240k gp's per hour and higher levels will be able to get between 384k and 432k gp's per hour.

Should i be using Super Sets?

I do not feel it is a "must" to use potions. Green Dragons have low defense as it is, so killing them in 3 or 4 hits will happened quite often. Using Super Sets will speed up the kills, but not enough for you to notice the difference. I have tried using Super Sets a few times myself and it rarely made and impact on the outcome in the end. All in all it would be recommended for lower levels to Pot Up every time they bank. This will very much likely put their profit up by another 15k - 20k an hour, but as for higher levels like myself it is not at all needed.

Should I use a familiar?

Using a fighting or healing familiar is not highly recommended as it might go to a total waste, a BoB (Beast of Burden) however is highly recommended if you wish to speed things up just a little more. Using a Spirit Terrorbird or a War Tortoise can increase the amount of gp's per hour by at least 22.3k - 34k per trip. This however will mean that your trips will last a little longer and you will not get as many trips per hour, but you are still going to get at least 4 - 4.5 trips and hour for a lower level and 7 - 8 trips an hour for higher levels. The profit rate for lower levels will now be between 280k and 316k per hour using a Terrorbird and between 328k and 369k per hour using a War Tortoise. Higher levels can now gain between 492k and 562k gp's and hour using a Terrorbird and between 574k and 656k gp's an hour using a War Tortoise.

*Terrorbird will put the value of each trip to over 70k. War Tortoise will put the value of every trip to over 80k.

Is this good EXP?

Green Dragons are not very well known for their Exp. They are a very bad source of training if you are looking to gain fast levels. With every trip of 13 Dragons i manage to get 3.9k Exp. This means that lower levels will be able to gain between 17.5k and 19.5k exp an hour and higher levels will be able to gain between 31.2k and 35.1k exp per hour.

To sum up what Ive said:

- Green Dragons are great money makers for all levels but very slow Exp.

- Green Dragons are easy to access and easy to kill.

- Anti-Dragon Shield or Dragonfire Shield is a must-have!

- Lower levels can gain up to 240k gp's and 19.5k Exp per hour.

- Higher levels can gain up to 432k gp's and 35.1k Exp per hour.

- Using Super Sets in not a "must", but it may speed things up(especially for lower levels).

- Lower levels will be able to gain up to 316k and 369k when using a Terrorbird or War Tortoise respectively.

- Higher levels will be able to gain up to 562k and 656k when using a Terrorbird or War Tortoise respectively.

Slaying Green Dragons Using Ranged

Coming Soon!

That is all information I have at this time, it will be updated every day until it is complete.

Help me improve this guide. If I have left anything out please let me know.

Ranged section is coming soon.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

you are forgetting that you can increase the gp/hour by using familiars like terrorbirds or turtles

you can also super pot at bank to increase your kills per hour

good guide tho ;) ill give it a 7/10

pd:btw why are you using row on the setup pic when you recomend zerker/war , I mean a warrior could help more than row on green drags and it`s not very expensive like zerker

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

you are forgetting that you can increase the gp/hour by using familiars like terrorbirds or turtles

you can also super pot at bank to increase your kills per hour

good guide tho ;) ill give it a 7/10

pd:btw why are you using row on the setup pic when you recomend zerker/war , I mean a warrior could help more than row on green drags and it`s not very expensive like zerker

Yeah i completely forgot to mention anything about fimilliars, ill get to taht right away. As for the ring sitsuation, i usually use a warrior ring, i just forgot to put it on when i was making the screeny :s

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Pick up the water runes as they often drop more than one stack per trip.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Just about the 8th guide I've seen on this, but its well done so far, looking forward to the range and mage sections. The biggest thing this has over the other guides I've seen is the gp/hr estimations. Every other guide just says "ZOMG 400k/HR not H4x0Rz!1!" and doesn't do a good job with explaining how they get that number at all.

7.5/10 (I'm holding back until I see what you do with the range and mage methods :pray:

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

One of the better Green Dragon guides out there, just a few spelling errors.

7/10 fix the little spelling errors up, and do a good Mage/Ranged bit to get it up. ;)

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Oh , i just remembered a good tip for drags.

If you have done cammy diary and have enchanced excalibur available you can sip a zammy brew dose at bank ,use the excalibur spec and that will do , the zammy brew is going up up but its totally worth it, the spec will make your lowered def and hp go normal and you`ll have maxed attack lvl you can go with pots(2+ lvl than super attack) and str lvls(like a sip of normal str pot)

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

• 4 weeks later...

Videos is finished.

What it shows:

1. Method for high levels

2. Perhaps best location for Green dragons at Chaos tunnels?

3. Location there

4. Killing them

Part 1

[yt]vl6gFb1lpTE[/yt]

Part 2

[yt]z45cW8nE_T4[/yt]

Enjoy :thumbup:

THANX ALOTTT!!! :thumbsup:

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

No Piety, Sirhemen? It'd certainly make a bigger difference then saving a few pieces of food.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 4 weeks later...

If you think about though, not many people kill them in chaos tunnels do they? :roll:

Not as much as wilderness at any rate.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this guide, mainly because I've been looking for a monster to slay for some cash with my stats once I get members back and never realized green drags could be what I was looking for. Looking forward to a range/mage section too.

Oh, and I agree with this -->

The biggest thing this has over the other guides I've seen is the gp/hr estimations.

*Question, I haven't been a member for over a year, so is there a quest or lvl requirement for the Chaos Tunnels?

You forget Familiars! They can greatly increase the profit you get per hour.

You can Godsword them also, and Dharok them. You might want to loot into those. At high levels, there are better options than the old whip.

Also, for training strength, look into Zerker combo with Obby sword.

You can Godsword them also, and Dharok them. You might want to loot into those. At high levels, there are better options than the old whip.

Would using a gs really be more efficient then using a whip?

It was faster when I tried it way back when. It's worth a shot.

It was faster when I tried it way back when. It's worth a shot.

What about money costs and food issues?

• 1 month later...

Thou shalt add the following: ;)

Tank ranging :o

And if you pray melee at CT you wont get hurt at all, it took... 2 doses for me at 75 all melee for a full inventory. May be more expensive but it's easier.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Does the games necklace still teleport you to what used to be outside of BH?

Yes indeed it does. The route remains unchanged :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide