99 fletch>99 str (str is really overrated)

shooterbob7

have you noticed that ppl with fletching and cooking capes are flamed because there too common? this happened to me, with my fm cape, and some guy tells me i should have got 99 str. wow this guy is dumb. i just checked the hiscores, and guess what? about 58,000 ppl have 99 str . now i hate it when ppl call you noobs because of what cape you have and if its common or not. but 99 str is the most common? :wall: about 55,000 ppl have 99 fletch and cook and everyone makes fun of them for having that skill.but why does everyone like str? everytime i train they always ask for str lvl? str isnt really everything lol. ive been called a loser for getting 99 fm, but only 15,000 ppl have 99. i dont get why str is overated...

shooterbob7.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of pures. What people don't seem to understand is that outside of PvP, the combat level difference between you and your opponent doesn't matter.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

because strength can not be power trained to the extent of cooking fletching or firemaking. It takes quite a while to get the cape in comparison to the other 3 mentioned. So yea it is more common but that is because people want to be able to hit higher, not just have a cape.

fencejummper.png

fencejummper.png

Attack Cape

Quest Cape

The difference is that many of the people with 99 str also have 99 attack, defence, hp. Fletch is an easy 99 to get, and provides no extra boost after 85. Strength is used for training all melee combat though and you naturally get it up while training. Also the higher your strength, the higher you hit, so it has advantages to getting it high.

Fix your spelling and grammar, and use paragraphs.

It's not how common an achievement is, it's how difficult it is to attain it. Fletching and Cooking are easily 99'd compared to Strength and all the rest of the melee combat skills.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I love you dude, finaly someone that understand me. Why is str always asked before attack or def? tbh str fail imo. Everyone wants to hit higher to ko monsters or other players, but what happen if you miss your shot because your attack is too low? What if you get killed because your defence is too low? When I ask people if they would want to hit one 40 or two 20s, everyone says 40. Why? Because they think they are better and cooler. But when you think of it, you will get the same exp then two 20s, you will kill the monster and you will get the drop. And all because of pures :roll:

ib7rVm.png

I love you dude, finaly someone that understand me. Why is str always asked before attack or def? tbh str fail imo. Everyone wants to hit higher to ko monsters or other players, but what happen if you miss your shot because your attack is too low? What if you get killed because your defence is too low? When I ask people if they would want to hit one 40 or two 20s, everyone says 40. Why? Because they think they are better and cooler. But when you think of it, you will get the same exp then two 20s, you will kill the monster and you will get the drop. And all because of pures :roll:
The one forty has shock value. When a player sees that, he goes "Yikes! I could very well lose!" shaking him up a little and maybe causing him to make a mistake. That's the same reason I include an Ultralisk in my horde of Zerglings. It's big, it's tough, and it's a little scary. So even though I would be equally or even better served by more Zerglings for the same price in terms of numbers, I use them to freak out other players.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Because once you have a decent attack you want to start hitting higher too...

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

I don't understand some of you. You get a 99 because you love/like the skill, not because it's less common or more respectable.

Anyone who gets a skill that's mostly affected by other players view should quit the game.

Haha you're not the brightest one are you? :lol: Cooking and Fletching are complete jokes. :lol:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Because str is like half the speed of fletching and cooking? Plus my str cape sure intimidates people in f2p FOG and the like.

What can 99 fletch/cook do for you that 85 can't? 99 strength allows you to dish out a whole lot more damage than 85, which is why so many people work hard for it.

It takes a lot longer to get 99 str than cook/fletch, it can't be bought, and it cant be done afk. Thats why its more respected.

What can 99 fletch/cook do for you that 85 can't? 99 strength allows you to dish out a whole lot more damage than 85, which is why so many people work hard for it.

It takes a lot longer to get 99 str than cook/fletch, it can't be bought, and it cant be done afk. Thats why its more respected.

Fletching: Nothing after 85 if what is said is true.

Cooking: Summer pies, lower burn rates...i think thats it?

Strength: No new weapons, but higher hits...possibly.

ny_lucario.png

combat skills are the most afk-able skills around.

I think FM is better than a Str cape, because fm costs money (Str makes money), requires many clicks, (Str is one every 15 minutes if you're in certain places), and if these claims about zombies are true it's about half as fast.

I don't really have much of an opinion about cook or fletch. They're both pretty cool but not really rare enough to wow me.

combat skills are the most afk-able skills around.

Let's say you kill a monster with 100 Hp. That's 400 Str Xp per AFK session. Now compare that to how much Xp you get from one Fletching, Cooking, Woodcutting, Crafting, Herblore, Fishing, or Smithing AFK session.

Does it really matter? -.- A skill cape is a skill cape. Why disrespect any 99 skill. It takes time to get a 99 skill. I dont see why people look down on one or the other. I view all 99 skills as amazing. Either way, you still have to put time and money to the game in order to get a skill to level 99. Respect the devotion...

1icyna.png