Expanding the POH Costume Room ~Updates [1/27]~

Zaaps1

Hi there. You might've read my other three suggestions about the second Grandmaster Quest, the Foraging Skill and the EctoVoid Arena. Perhaps all the detail scared you away. Well I'm happy to say I have a nice, easy, simple-to-understand suggestion this time around.

(Links to those suggestions are in my sig, just in case anyone does want to read them.)

EXPAND THE COSTUME ROOM!!

Right now, it covers many clothing sets, but at the same time it cannot hold perhaps some of the most useful. Others it cannot hold, but it logically should. I mean, come on, it's a PLAYER OWNED HOUSE after all, right? If you come home with a new shirt and walk into your closet you don't go: "Nope! It doesn't let me put Abercrombie T-Shirts in here! Looks like I gotta go to back to Bank of America and drop this off there!". I wish to compile a list of items/sets that should be added to the costume room and a list of supporters. I will then sent it to Jagex. This is step 1.

NOTE: I currently am F2P. If any member would like to do me a favor and post this on RSOF, I will be very grateful. Just post here if you intend to do so and keep it bumped!

[hide=Examples of Expansions]What I can punch out from the top of my head:

1. Stealing Creation sets

2. Barbarian Assault armor

Right, almost every other minigame (CW, PC, Trouble Brewing) has a slot for their respective clothing items, yet these two do not! Logical? No, it's like Jagex doesn't want us to have those rewards. I worked hard for my Penance Gloves and Torso, why should they be a bankspace burden to me in F2P when I can dump by Black Naval into my Armor Case?

3. Conventional Armor sets.

That's Barrows, Black Dragonhide, you know. The stuff you slay with, train with, the armor you love. Now perhaps you are saying "That's not a Costume!". Then I have two responses: 1) There's an Armor Case, and 2) We can store Mystic, Infinity, and Splitbark already!

4. God books

Just get them back from the Lighthouse man? Well we have Holiday Items in the Costume room, can't we just get them back from Diango? What about the Legends Cape? Can't we just get another? It's here for conveince after all, plus it could become a useful storage from Damaged Books.

CALDIUS: Caldius has suggested putting these instead someplace in the Chapel, which I think is reasonable also.

5. Circus Clothing

Again, for convience.

That's it for now! I'll expand to this list from what I think up of and what you suggest! Let's work to expand the Costume Room and retain your beloved clothing!

6. Weapons, Such as the Void Mace (Thank you Triquos), and other Rare Novelties (Thank you, Cadbury99)

We can store Void, why not the Void Mace? Or Void Seal? I actually suggest a Weapon Case, such like the Bow and Sword cases found in Castles throughout RuneScape. (You know what I mean, like the glass cases hung on the wall with a Bow or Sword inside?) This could be used to hold Barrows Weapons, Void Mace, Void Seal, Ancient/Lunar Staff, and the Anchor, among others, such as the MTA wands.

Also, the rarer jewelry (such as Ring of Charos/Visibility) should also get a place in the costume room.

7. Quest Keepables, such as the Jester Costume (Thank you King_Mirthas)

From Fremmy Isles. I also think the Nezzy Helm should have its place in the room. After all, the Void Helm has its own SEPARATE slot on the Armor Case, why not the Neitznot Helm?

This should be for all quests though, not just Fremmy Isles. For example, Daigon-hai and Elite Black armor should also have their own place in the costume room, whether under quests or armor.

8. Chompy Hats (Phycho_Robot)

9. Summoning Headdresses

10. A special place to put pets

Think of it this way, every 10 levels or so in Summoning you get a new pet. In addition, you have the Borav, alternate God birds, alternate puppies, alternate gekos, and alternate cats. There should be some sort of Pet Cage, perhaps not in the Costume Room (maybe Parlour?) to store a few pets.

11. Achievement Diary Items (Thanks snowball)

There's gotta be a place to dump these, and some of them require quite a walk to get back.[/hide]

[hide=List of Other Items]Credits to Gradeskip for this list

•  
    [*:1rioh15d]Wolfbane

[*:1rioh15d]Glarial's amulet

[*:1rioh15d]Gnome amulet

[*:1rioh15d]Crystal pendant

[*:1rioh15d]Commorb v2

[*:1rioh15d]Directions

[*:1rioh15d]Scroll

[*:1rioh15d]Radimus notes

[*:1rioh15d]Level 1, 2 and 3 certificates (The DigSite)

[*:1rioh15d]Clockwork suit (penguin)

[*:1rioh15d]Ice gloves

[*:1rioh15d]Krank's gauntlets

[*:1rioh15d]Snake charm

[*:1rioh15d]Ghostspeak amulet

[*:1rioh15d]Seal of passage

[*:1rioh15d]Catspeak amulet

[*:1rioh15d]Lunar staff (You can currently only store the robes.)

[*:1rioh15d]Silver sickle(B)

[*:1rioh15d]Zanik's crossbow

[*:1rioh15d]M'speak amulet

[*:1rioh15d]Doctors' gown

[*:1rioh15d]Ratpole

[*:1rioh15d]Achievement diaries reward (Seers headband, falador shield, varrock armour, fremmenik sea boots

[/hide]

[hide=Other Suggested Updates to the Costume Room]1. Make it more like a bank (Anonymouse)

being able to withdraw/deposit stuff into/take out of your costume room stored items.

2. Allow Visitors to Try on Clothes (Anonymouse)

For example, a Changing-Room hotspot in the Costume Room where visitors (or yourself) could try on any clothes you have in the Costume Room, but would disappear when leaving the house. This could also be useful for house parties, so everyone can have armor/weapon for the dungeon/combat ring.[/hide]

NOTE: I do not, however, propose increasing the limits on the costume room (ex. Cape Rack only holds X amount of Capes). That should stay the way it is. But I am in favor of perhaps adding more hotspots for more types of clothing.

Supports:

1. Zaaps1

2. Caldius

3. Triquos

4. King_Mirthas

5. Anonymouse

6. Jonavolaii

7. Phycho_Robot

8. Baleout

9. Killerbeer0

10. Seogege

11. Snowball

12. Daynuh

13. Bountyjosh

14. Bunker Boy

15. mrk252

16. Caromon

17. TomcatLX

18. Blackey

19. Gradeskip93

20. Sirlonewolf

21. Cadbury99

Contributors:

1. Zaaps1

2. Caldius

3. Triquos

4. King_Mirthas

5. Phycho_Robot

5. Anonymouse

6. Snowball

7. Gradeskip93

8. Cadbury99

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely support. I was trying to find a spot for my void knight mace and tried everything in my POH and nothing would take it! :cry: there's more that SHOULD be stored in a POH but I can't think of them right now lol #-o

2vuhgcn.png

I definitely support. I was trying to find a spot for my void knight mace and tried everything in my POH and nothing would take it! :cry: there's more that SHOULD be stored in a POH but I can't think of them right now lol #-o

VOID KNIGHT MACE!

There's another one!

EDIT: Is that a support Caldius?

Ah, yes. The Jester costume, probably the Nezzy Helm too.

I don't know how it would be implemented, but being able to withdraw/deposit stuff into/take out of your costume room stored items.

Also, for when people come over to your house they can take out your holiday items and other things and wear them around the house, although they dissappear like everything else as soon as you leave.

1yrb49.jpg

I don't know how it would be implemented, but being able to withdraw/deposit stuff into/take out of your costume room stored items.

Also, for when people come over to your house they can take out your holiday items and other things and wear them around the house, although they dissappear like everything else as soon as you leave.

Hmm, so make it work more like a bank and allow a "Changing Room" type idea? I like it!

I want to store the random bits of quest costumes. Eagle costume, doctor/nurse hat, slave clothes, bear hat, etc.

Hmm, how about an "Adventurer's Locker" where you could dump all your quest items?

I want to store the random bits of quest costumes. Eagle costume, doctor/nurse hat, slave clothes, bear hat, etc.

Hmm, how about an "Adventurer's Locker" where you could dump all your quest items?

Something to consider: if you were to release this quest locker, where would clothing sets such as HAM and Mourner, which already have a slot in the Armor case, go?

Mm, good point. I think it should stay where it is though.

Something to consider: if you were to release this quest locker, where would clothing sets such as HAM and Mourner, which already have a slot in the Armor case, go?

Into the quest locker....

2imak3l.png

cf1d8043e1.png

• 2 weeks later...
I think the new Black Elite and Dagon'hai robes should be added too. Dagon'hai robes can't even be gotten after the quest (except through the ge) as far as i know.

I agree. There should be a place for these too.

• 4 weeks later...
I support this. Very much so...

Perhaps not super-conventional armor like plain metal. And barrows would have to probably be fixed when you store it.

I understand how regular armor may seem a tad too common for the Costume Room, but Jagex is free to cut and paste from this, so it's better to have it in than out.

Don't get what you mean about the Barrows.

• 4 weeks later...

Veddy gud idea. Me wikey! ::'

Despite the costume room's already incredible size (one can fit a few hundred pieces of clothing in there...) the pieces of clothing one normally would want to store can't be. For example the costumes that you suggested in your post along with yak armor and the many many weapons we have. Wonderful idea, I hope JAGeX implements it in Update Year 2009! :D

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

Thanks for the support, oh and nice RSN :lol: