Mining Sucks

Stewie_Griffen

Imagine getting 99 Woodcutting with willows, except that the willows only give you one log each. And that you don't have a Dragon Woodcutting axe, or a bird nest to get the chance of a Magic/Spirit Seed, or even some new log to look for.

That's pretty much what mining is like. It has almost never been updated except for the occasional quest-related ore or item, it's slow, it's tedious, and it's not very profitable until 85. It needs new ores, new equipment, and some way that you don't have to click each and every ore.

Discuss.

Oddment1.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think mining is tedious, but the reward at the end of it is so great. Mining is one of the skills left that people work damn hard at. It can't be bought, it isn't easy as click, wait, click. You want mining to become easy so you can get the reward at the end easily. I suggest you move onto other skills. Mining may be hard, but it is a good skill and I think it should be kept the way it is.

I do think mining is tedious, but the reward at the end of it is so great. Mining is one of the skills left that people work damn hard at. It can't be bought, it isn't easy as click, wait, click. You want mining to become easy so you can get the reward at the end easily. I suggest you move onto other skills. Mining may be hard, but it is a good skill and I think it should be kept the way it is.

I'm afraid I have to agree. Mining, when it was invented, was designed to simulate the tedium and effort needed, but with potentially big rewards.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

well its really almost worth it since ore prices just went up recently

GOLD ORE IS 609 GP EACH NOW!!!! WOOHOO

coal is like 200 i think and iron is 105

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

I simply don't understand why people would like mining, or fishing and woodcutting for that matter. It's basically the same thing, equip object, click thingy, wait, drop/bank. I could understand if you're 85+ and in for money, but apart from money, I just don't see. It's oversimplistic, boring, pointless, and so on. What could you possibly like in it? I don't get it.

2480+ total

lol if you thinking mining is hard you should try cooking or firemaking in rs classic...to get 99 you probably would have to get a new mouse too =P

well if you want to keep mining at a rock continuously to get ores why not why rune ess? =) although exp is slower that i know...you can use abyssal titan to bank your pure ess for u too

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

It's actually quite understandable why you feel so upset over Mining. You never played Classic. If you did, you'd know that Mining resembles the archaic (and somewhat enjoyable) method of gathering resources. In Classic, one could only gather resources one at a time, and if you were a lower level, it was often a hit-or-miss deal. I can recall many failed attempts at fishing for Swordfish...

Anyway, there isn't a gun held up to your head to do this skill. If you don't like it, don't do it, end of story.

[Although, I'll sympathize that there needs to be something more done with the skill to make the one-ore-per-rock thing bearable...]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Is one of those old school skills where you literally have to click your way to everything.

Right now, mining is perfect. It is not ridiculous with you having to mine every time you fail yet you have to do something. This is the perfect blend.

These days, everything that doesn't involved automatically filling up your inventory is bad. Personally, I would much rather have fishing and woodcutting changed to the mining system, once you get a fish/log, you need to re-click. Harder yes, but come on, it is in the same line of skill as mining in that it is resource gathering and you aren't really "fishing" much if you just click and then standstill. Now add in the fact you get more xp anyway.

Call me backward thinking and living in the past all you like, I believe if you are to gain resource directly from the RS environment, it should more than just click and wait. I don't care about smithing, crafting, herblore or farming as much, as items there is already in the player medium, and you are going to succeed in the next mixing of a potion regardless, unlike resource gathering where you could "miss".

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Right now, mining is perfect. It is not ridiculous with you having to mine every time you fail yet you have to do something. This is the perfect blend.

I definitely agree. I don't have a problem with rocks only having one ore. There are a ton of rocks, and I think they all do fine in supporting the amount of miners. I really don't like how everyone complains about how the skills are too hard, but quests are too easy, and when a hard quest comes along, it's too hard, and the requirements are too high, and NO ONE is ever happy. I love this game how it is right now. If it was never updated again, I might be slightly disappointed, but I would still have a lot of fun with it. Seriously people... stop complaining!! NO ONE is forcing you to play this game. If you do not like, go find something better to do with your time.

... [/rant]

Blakdragon39.png

and some way that you don't have to click each and every ore.

Lazy, eh?

it should stay as it is.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

As there are currently: 16029 people with 99 Woodcutting and 1162 people with 99 Mining I would say that either people enjoy TKing/Have lumberjack related problems or that Mining is a hard skill.

But who needs to see more skill capes anyway?

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

there are only two things I hate about mining, that if someone else mines it before you, no ore and that if you're the lucky person that mined it, you are abused to the moon and back :wall:

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

all i did as a n00b was mine, coal used to sell really well :)

those days are over...i discovered woodcutting and fishing :D

Selly_jr.png

curently saving for sara sword and trying for 70 slayer >:)

Isint mining and banking the 500g (i think) granite pretty profitable?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!