Styles: FI One Four + ACDesert

Greetings,

The two styles i'd like to see added, are two former styles of tip it. FI OneFour and ACDesert.

FI One Four:

fionefour1kq4.png

fionefour2eo6.png

Fi OneFour is a port of the default PHPBBv1 forum style, to work with PHPBB2. Tip.it used to use this style when they were first hosted by DK3, since it was originally a PHPBBv1 board. They later upgraded to the scapeboard domain and PHPBBv2, where they stuck with the default subSilver style.

You can see it in action by clicking here and selecting "FI OneFour Template" from the dropdown menu in the overhead frame.

You may also click here to see the actual use on tip.it in the past.

AC Desert:

acdesert1zf6.png

acdesert2is7.png

The second skin, ACDesert, is the original yellowish/brownish and green mix that the boards used in 2001, when tip it hosted its own boards before the change to DK3. It should be fairly easy to recreate by using the FI One Four theme and changing the color scheme.

It started as a PHPBBv1 style, but for a very short period of time, tip.it had upgraded to PHPBBv2 on their own host and had ported the style to it.

You may click here to see its actual use as well on tip.it in the past.

As I said before, being past styles of tip.it, I do feel they deserve a spot in the styles list of today.

You could help just a bit by posting a URL for that style

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

• 3 weeks later...

The downfall I see with that is they were being used on phpbb 1.4 which was a completely different system , 2.x supports a fully seperate template system for displaying pages

they could be sort of "copied" using the color scheme , but they would be based on subSilver most likely

:)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

The downfall I see with that is they were being used on phpbb 1.4 which was a completely different system , 2.x supports a fully seperate template system for displaying pages

they could be sort of "copied" using the color scheme , but they would be based on subSilver most likely

the FIonefour theme is a phpbb2.x compatable theme just designed to look like the 1.4.x themes ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

As I previously mentioned, FI One Four is an PHPBB2 style, that is a port of the PHPBB1 style.

Plus, as you mentioned, PHPBB1 only supported changing colors rather than separate styles, so I imagine all that'd be needed to reconstruct the second style would be to clone the first one, changing the colors as necessary?

I would expect it would be simple CSS changes as I dont think there are many images at all in the OneFour theme

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I got one big honking question for you:

How the heck would it be done on IPB, seeing as Tip.It Forums have been moved onto that?!?!? :blink:

~D. V. "You know that I had to ask!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

This topic is from 2006, please don't bump old topics for no reason.

Locking this one.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Administrator.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?