Fishing and Cooking... My Journey! ~99 Cooking & New Goals!~

Ok, so, I decided to start my own little bloggy about my trials to 99 cooking and fishing. It's gonna be a long road, but I know I can do it. It will take a while, because I do work and have a life outside of the compy. So, here starts my story.

jasmine_tobb.png

jasmine_tobb.png

I type this first portion as I fish. I just hit 75 fishing, so I'm a little happy. I have a whole range of plans laid out for getting those skillcapes. I want the pretty purple cooking one with trim, so I need another 99, and what better than fishing?

[hide=My Goals]99 fishing: COMPLETE!

99 cooking: COMPLETE!

Big Shark plans:

760 SC Points: COMPLETE!

76 Construction: COMPLETE!

Big Shark: Gotta keep fishing![/hide]

[hide=Screenshots and videos][yt]xUHH8hq4f1M[/yt]

99fishing20080411.jpg

97fishing.jpg

95fishing.jpg

94fishing.jpg[/hide]

It's an odd way to get 99, but good luck with it all the same. I'm currently 99/99 Fishing and 95/99 Cooking, and I started with your levels ( a little less ) so I know you can make it.

Good luck.

-Stay determined, stay focused.

sunshineef4.jpg

3,331st to 99 Fishing - 9-18-07 | 25,851st to 99 Cooking - 10-6-07

Right now, my cooking is higher than my fishing, which is why I want to stop at 98 cooking, and get fishing to 99 before cooking, that way when I do get my skillcape, it'll be trimmed. Plus my party includes a screenie with me getting that 99 cooking ^_^

I decided to change up my plans for leveling a bit.

Since I do want 99 fishing first, so as to get a trimmed cooking cape, I've decided that raw lobbies are the way to go. They are easy to catch, steady XP, and profitable. And since I need money for both cape and party, as well as other Items, I'll be selling them steadily until I get about 90 fishing. THEN I shall continue with cooking after that point, since lots of things will be easier by then.

I hit 76 fishing today, which means I can fish sharks. First though, I want one of them fancy barbed harpoons from hunting. I'm working on the hunter skill with my fiance whenever we play together, so it's shouldn't be too long.

Also made my Varrock and Cammy portals in my house, so I can get potatoes and pastry dough only using the one set of runes ^_^

Actually, scratch that, I have house teletabs ^_^

Yay for 77 fishing!

I decided to try for sharks today, and got another fishing level. At this rate, I'll have 99 fishing in 3 weeks ^_^

I got 78 fishing last night. I usually post every level but Alas, I was too tired from work to think to type.

I'm slowly getting there. I think i've gotten almost a level a day, so I may get 79 by the end of the night. Who knows? ^_^

Congratz on 78 fishing! Good luck, fishing your own food for 99 cooking is tough work, don't give up :thumbsup:

I find it more rewarding doing it myself, rather than pretty much buying a 99 skill. I keep hearing "OMG 99 cooking is for Losers who buy it!!!11!11@" I refuse to be that person. Plus getting to where my fishing is past my cooking will also help me earn the cash for other things while leveling a skill. It's not easy. But it beats buying skills.

Good Luck!

ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Â¹Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡

I got 80 fishing today.. Going to fish 10k lobs then sell them to get my cash. Once I get those lobs I'm gonna take a small chucnk out of my cooking with the pie stuff I have, then go fish some swordies and tuna for maybe some more potatoes, if I can get the sweetcorn seeds. If not, I can always make more admiral pies.

I found that Pest Control is a good way to let off steam, and take a break from skilling. It's fun to me, and the points go towards my strength, which I feel to be good for pretty much any training purposes. So that's where I've been taking my breaks.

Got another fishing level today, 81. I'll keep going and going and going. It's actually going faster than I thought it would, to be honest.

I've got a friend who's low on cash makin me some pastry doughs for when I want to do pies. It's helpin him keep busy, and will get him some cash for some armor because he got scammed. At least he'll being doing honest work to get stuff back. And this will be the only time I buy something for my skills. Pastry doughs are easy, but tedious, and can be done at any level. I'd probably be called lazy for not doing it myself, but I'm also giving someone else a chance at making money, whereas they can't do much to get it themselves. More honorable IMO.

I'm at 84 fishing right now, and I'v decided to take a short break to level hunter to get a spottier cape thingy... I want one, so I'mma get that ^_^

Also leveling all my skills so they actually show up on the high scores. Kinda wanna be able to be good at SOMETHING.

• 7 months later...

I'm updating, due to the fact that alot of posts were removed during the whole incident thingy that happened on these here forums..

I've gotten 94 fishing, and am about to get 95. I changed the way i'm doing things alot. I'm just gonna fish when I can, and if I get bored with it, I'll do something else. I know I want my first 99 to be fishing, but it's gonna be a long way off, considering I've been getting bored with it lately. Plus I've been questing more. So I don't know how long this will take, but I'll get it eventually. I hope. ^_^

Thanks for the support! and good luck on 99 yourself ^_^

I hit 95 fishing today! YAY!

95fishing.jpg

I'm really happy about it, as it's another level closer to my goal.

Congrats on the 95, keep working away at it. What are you fishing now for levels?

Once I'm done my exams and renew my membership, I might do a bit of fishing/cooking, since my cooking level is only 60 and just fell out of the highscores :(

Combat FTL

Combat_FTL.png

I've been doing Barbarian Pole fishing, since it's really fast and easy. No need to bank or anything unless I get a random worth banking. It also lvl's str and agi, which also needs to get lvls.

You rule BHB o.O

get 99 soon plawks? <3:

I'm workin on it :P

I swear, this is the hardest part. It's over 900k xp to get from 95 to 96. Then it's even more between levels after that. It's just soooo haaaaard to level. I remember waaaay back when getting like 10 levels in one day. Now I can just about get 1 level in a week. -sigh- I will press on though. I will make it. Just hope I don't get bored with not leveling. That's my major issue, is not leveling anything. That's why I have to go do other things, because I need to feel like I actually accomplished something. I wish the numbers would move faster. I think I'll do Swan Song, see if monks are actually better for fishing. But maybe not today, since I don't remember the requirements for the quest, and I have to go look them up.

• 5 weeks later...

Since my last post, I have been distracted by pretty updates and other skills... But I think I'll finally get another fishing level. Hopefully by the end of today, I'll have 96 fishing, and be just that little bit closer to 99.

Well, I got 96 fishing. After a few distractions (i.e. getting 74 crafting), I am back to fishing. These next levels are gonna take so long!