Untitled-1.png

I originally wrote this blog to document my progress on my goal of maxing combat (level 138.35) and slayer. After that I went on a quest to make as many stats as possible divisible by 10, although since then I've gotten a few X1's and X2's lol. Right now I'm not playing too much but I'm farming/doing chores, flipping some items, and hunting down shattered hearts rocks. I also monster-hunt occasionally.

Das_Capital.png

Pyramid Plunder/blackjacking

Das_Capital.png

because I can

These are my current stats.

Das_Capital.png

[hide=About Aneron]I'm 17 years old and live in the USA. I'm the first to acknowledge it's a country with many faults but don't judge us based on stereotypes. :P My name's Carl.

I made my account in fall of 2004 but didn't actively play on it for a good while due to not having a home computer lol. I was a member sporadically until last winter when I got it permanently. I finally upgraded from dialup to high-speed internet in spring 2008 I think and it makes me very happy.

My first two 99s (firemaking and then cooking) were primarily achieved in free-to-play, and the rest are documented in this blog.

Because real life pictures are oh so interesting here's one from feb '10.

18580_302530839999_680559999_3560643_8080778_n.jpg

I am of course the one in the back who is extremely ballin.

My favorite band is Dream Theater and my favorite song by them is A Change of Seasons, which I highly recommend. :)[/hide]

This post kept pictureless because editing in pictures sucks.

Posts are what makes blogs awesome.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the 'lucks, ilu peter. :P

Didn't burst any lobs today lols. Instead I went on a saradomin trip... I got 40 kc first and so I logged out to grab a bite to eat... then the login server crashed lol. A few hours later I logged in, still with kc, and PMed the other 2 members of the team, who no longer had it haha. They came back and I used ls to speed their kc up. The trip was going pretty well (I was the only one without unicorn lol), then one of them died. :o Was blessed, and since we had gotten 40 zily kills by then we used the altar teleport, helped her get kc, and then went right back in duo. Finished the trip dry.

After that I didn't have time or motivation to do a rock lobs trip so I did a little slaying.

ScreenShot002-19.png

ScreenShot006-11.png

Gonna be doing slayer tomorrow too because I'm really close to 91 attack/defense, and I'm going to Etpelletier's 99 cooking party at 1:00, which would cut a rock lob trip in half. Maybe another sara trip too.

Thankies all, and rofl heph. I considered editing that when I changed my mind, decided it wasn't worth the trouble. :P

If you want 99 magic, go for it Silo. :) You don't have to spend as much muny as me lol.

Didn't get my planned slayer in today, as after finishing dust devils I got hellhounds, which are currently ridiculously crowded. Still a good task though so I didn't want to cancel. Instead I did the new quest (which has a cool cutscene btw) and went to Etpelletier's 99 cooking party. Then I went to rock lobsters.

ScreenShot009-4.png

ScreenShot010-1.png

Edit: Lol seems I jumped from 90-92 magic... forgot I got 91 magic this trip too. Won't bother uploading that pic, just look at the 92 one and pretend theres a 1 where the 2 is.

<3: Peter and Colo, I no-life as well as I can. :P

Thanks Ross, it was ummm... entirely unintentional :anxious:

and thanks Cruz :)

Finished up that 9 hour rock lob trip today, attempted and failed to set up a sara trip, and went off to brave my hellhound task... there were like 5 people in my world, but they kindly left me half the spawns. O:) Got 91 defense and 123 combat on that task (missed pic), and then moved on to iron drags, which proved out to be decent for once.

ScreenShot014-2.png

ScreenShot015-8.png

I may not block them after all.

Then I chinned a nech task, and had an alarming brush with death... firefox crashed on me. :| Luckily I had gotten a teleporting random seconds before so I was saved rofl. Got a clue which yielded trash.

And now I'm going on vacation to Maine until Friday the 27th. I expect the blog to be at least 3 pages on my return. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone except Slyfox fails. :P

Maine was really fun, I'll write a bit about the trip and post some pics later.

Did a rock lobster trip today, which yielded this.

ScreenShot003-18.png

94 Magic will probably be tomorrow, don't think I'll have a party since 99 will probably be soon though.

And that's all I did today.

I try wizard, and thanks. :)

@Peter, 99 cons irl > 99 cons irs, have fun building a house \'

@Kota - should have made the tail longer :( and thankies

Today I started an epic rock lobster trip... epic because I forgot to bring placeholder charms, so I had to drop all 3 of my emergency sharks. :P Used up all 4.5k casts I brought.

Achieved a major milestone:

ScreenShot004-11.png

And a minor one:

ScreenShot003-19.png

Finished the trip after midnight cos of its epicness, then went to play fist of guthix to try out ice barrage. :twisted: I'm ranked in it now lol. Shame there aren't any rewards I would use...

Now that I have ice barrage, I have to decide whether to switch to using that to kill rock lobs. In the past I think I worked out that with a sara godwars income, it is faster, but I want to redo it to make sure and it's 1:34 am so I don't wanna do that lol. I know that I would rather spend time at godwars than rock lobs though. If it works out about the same though I'll probably stick with burst as it's more consistent than relying on hilts. I'll be thinking about it.

Tomorrow I may try to do some GWDs.

Nerd, my Ice Blitz > your Ice Barrage :x

Pheh, i'm ranked higher than you anyway 8-)

NEEBNEEBNEEB ILU <3:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Not for long xano >:)

Wasted most of the earlier part of today... played some FOG, then some BA, and then decided to go tribriding for the first time. Despite a not quite professional team we managed some good drops. :)

ScreenShot011-7.png

ScreenShot012-6.png

ScreenShot013-2.png

ScreenShot014-3.png

ScreenShot015-9.png

Second axe and archer were back to back from rex and prime. :P

I've done my math, and barrage is more efficient than burst... so I went for it! It's pretty amazing lol, although I'll have like 12m left after 99 magic... not enough to use my charms. I'll need to do more gwd.

Currently I'm on a trip to rock lobs, and have a rather unpleasant story to relate... I was in a non lootshare world when 2 people arrive at rock lobs... I assumed they were a duo dag king team, but they just had fun attacking the lobsters and ruining them for purposes of luring all the while playing dumb about what they were doing, despite my diplomatic attempts to get them to leave. They were both 120+... I've never really witnessed firsthand how the game is slipping. Oh well. :|