Hazzzy's Guide for High Level F2P training

hazardmaster

The Stronghold of Security was a great update for F2Pers. Since its release it has become the best training area in F2P, and many players train there now. This is a guide for doing just that, training for higher levels in the Stronghold of Security.

There are two main areas for training in the Stronghold: Flesh crawlers on the second level and giant spiders on the third. Both of these get me around 30k EXP per hour. The first section of this guide will be for the flesh crawlers and zombies.

Flesh Crawlers

fleshcrawlerspm7.png

For anybody about level 75-100, train on the flesh crawlers on the second level of the Stronghold.

Inventory

Varrock teleport (1 fire rune, 1 law rune, 3 air runes)

25 cooked lobsters

Armour

Full rune

Amulet of defence

Green dragonhide vambraces/any gloves

Rune scimitar

runestrongholdtt7.png

I prefer to have a amulet of defence rather than one of strength or power, because I will then last longer training there.

I'm sure you will all know where the Stronghold of Security is. It in the heart of Barbarian Village among all the rocks. It is the one with a hole in it.

strongholdentrancevx4.png

Once inside, go across the room past the skeleton and click on the portal. Then go down the ladder on the other side of the room. Go into the portal again, if you can't the picture below will show you the path to the flesh crawlers, just follow the red line.

level2sosfq9.png

Now I, a level 107 with 88 attack, 89 strength, and 86 defence can last about 5 hours on flesh crawlers without banking with 25 lobsters. That's about 150k EXP for 25 lobsters! I am not sure how other lower levels will do. Anyway, basically they will attack you even if you're past level 90 (even though they shouldn't past double their combat level).

So yeah, once they stop attacking you and you have to manually click on them, follow the blue line on the map above to get to the other room of flesh crawlers. Keep doing this, going back and forth between rooms until you have run out of food and need to bank. So yeah, that's about it.

.:Lowdown:.

Pros: Good EXP per hour, they are weak, all-level aggressive

Cons: Zombies often hinder them from reaching you, resulting in less EXP

Giant Spiders

spiderstrainingpicre7.png

Giant spiders are for people level 100+. The technique is basically the same with the flesh crawlers. Exactly the same inventory and armour.

level3soswm6.png

Train train train....and the spiders have now stopped attacking me! Whatever shall we do?? We follow the wise blue line into the other room of spiders. Then when they stop attacking you, return to the other room and vice versa.

OR, when they stop attacking you the first time, run to the furthest corners of the room: the northern doors (don't actually enter and go through them), the western area (no doros here but go as far west as you can), the southern doors (where you entered) and the eastern doors (which you would go through to get to the other spider spot.

Once this is done, return to the center of the room and the giant spiders are now agressive again. Then when you have run out of food, teleport out of there.

.:Lowdown:.

Pros: Brilliant EXP per hour for higher levels, nothing to block them to getting to you

Cons: More higher levels train here, they are stronger than flesh crawlers, no drops

Yes well that is my guide. Well, I hope you enjoyed it and hope that it will help your training in future :) Check out my other guide for all the ways for money making on F2P ;)

IF YOU FIND ANY ERROR IN THIS GUIDE PLEASE REPORT IT AND IT SHALL BE REPAIRED

.:Credits:.

-RS KnowledgeBase for map images

-People giving feedback

-Doomster for some information

-Dougtnut for image corrections

-Icyhalberd for giant spiders agressitivity tip

© Copyrighted Hazardmaster 2007. No part of this guide may be used without author's permission.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Okay, I like the guide. But can you add in how much xp per hour, and compare it to other forms of training like ice giants?

I might head to F2P for a month to train combat a bit so i'm not distracted with anything else XD

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

You need to fix some of those links. ::' Include what drops they ... drop. :wall: People like to fight things that will give them some cool items. What is there defence? Do you hit them almost constantly or do you it strings of zeros at times? Would bringing a Strength potion help down there or would it be a waste? And lastly, what about Ankous? They give some amazing drops and decent xp on P2P so I am guessing they would be semi ok for F2P.

Edit - Links 1 and 6 apear as a X to me, and the last link doesn't have the appropriate tags.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

there are already 2 guides... 1 for flesh crawlers and 1 for the spiders...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

As far as brining str. pots goes, I do it at my stats (look as siggy) and it works better. I prefer not to take tele runes, and just go to the edgy bank, it takes a little bit more time, but you save 3 inventory spots.

As far as xp per hour goes... I don't know because half of time I am training there I am AFK because they automatically attack you.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

Flesh crawlers are "all level aggressive" - just like everything in the wilderness, attacking irrespective of level.

Not sure I'd agree with the Defence ammy, other than for cheapness if it all goes wrong - isn't it +7 defence for that, and +6 for the power, along with attack and strength bonuses as well for the power?

Crawlers: Most common F2P drop - body runes or nothing but bones.

The Level 30 Zombies in the same level can be generous steel arrow droppers.

Ankous: Not sure if they are as tough as Lessers, but it's close, they can hit 8's, or a string of misses, their significant F2P drops are:

Coins (usually not many), Law runes (in pairs, with good and bad runs of them), Addy arrows (infrequent), Black wizard top (also subject to runs), Noted Mithril ores or rune essence. Also prone to runs of nothing but bones and low coins.

Macki, I am 89 89 86 and get around 30k EXP per hour on both the flesh crawlers and giant spiders. The flesh crawlers give elss I believe cause those dumb zombies block their way.

TY guys I am fixing the pics -.- Dumb kbase!

Doughnut: giants spider drop nothing, and flesh crawlers have nothing pointless but body runes really. This is a guide for training for EXP, not for drops. I personaly don't bring strength potions, but it's probably jsut me using them to PK. I usually hit them all the time but I am a high level... so =\

And ankou give good drops but are too strong for good EXP.

Blue star: I believe these are the best F2p training spots EXPwise for F2P. If you want some drops, go to ice giants (but they may be too strong). There you can get cosmic runes, the giant's drops, and big bones. But the bank is far.

TY for info Doom.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

There's another flesh crawler room in the southeast corner, with nothing but flesh crawlers.

If you're a lightweight going for a sceptre piece rather than for good XP, then the two in the corridors down the east side work well, as you can focus on one at a time, and get a break to eat.

Finally, Lobster at the stronghold? I always train on trout/salmon there, with feathers and a rod to resupply at the river, and I usually carry axe and tinderbox, to save walking to Peksa's fire and back, though that could now be an option when burning is rare. I guess lobster works if you are going for a long stay. Mind you, all may characters, main, pure, low level sceptre chasers are all based on being self-sufficient for food, others may choose a different path.

There's another flesh crawler room in the southeast corner, with nothing but flesh crawlers.

If you're a lightweight going for a sceptre piece rather than for good XP, then the two in the corridors down the east side work well, as you can focus on one at a time, and get a break to eat.

Finally, Lobster at the stronghold? I always train on trout/salmon there, with feathers and a rod to resupply at the river, and I usually carry axe and tinderbox, to save walking to Peksa's fire and back, though that could now be an option when burning is rare. I guess lobster works if you are going for a long stay. Mind you, all may characters, main, pure, low level sceptre chasers are all based on being self-sufficient for food, others may choose a different path.

I know about that room, but once they stop being agressive you then have nowhere to run.

Well, personally I use lobster. Maybe it's because I want to save time fishing and cooking at Barbarian Village, or I can last longer there (having 133% more HP than salmon and trout). Bringing a hatchet and tinderbox is pointless and wastes inventory space: it is therefore better to just cook on Peska's fire.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Not bad.

You might want to mention that you can take the portal when you first enter a level to get to the final room in that level (if you've already gone through the level once). This really cuts down on travel time.

yan+the+wise.png

There is a slightly better way to do the spiders than you said, but i'm not sure that this works for the crawlers. When they stop being aggressive, all you have to do is run (you should have lots of energy built up by the time they stop attacking) to the corners of the room that you are in, and they start to become aggressive right away. I'm not sure why they do this, and again, i don't really know if it applies to the crawlers. This means that you don't have to run from room to room when they stop being aggressive.

Also, as for me, its fishing salmon and trout that are better not only because of the speed, but once you get to around 65+ defence, it is adequate for restoring health. Furthermore, becuase of my fishing and cooking (69 /71), it's not that hard just to fish up a bag in like a minute or so, then cook them all on peska's fire, no burns.

Hope I helped :D ,

-icyhalberd

Yan I did:

Once inside, go across the room past the skeleton and click on the portal. Then go down the ladder on the other side of the room. Go into the portal again, if you can't the picture below will show you the path to the flesh crawlers, just follow the red line.

Icyhalberd, I knew hat, but I have no idea why I didn't put it in! Lol. It does NOT apply to flesh crawlers because there is not a far enoguh area to run in the room to achive the Loading - please wait thing.

And about the fishing, I'll try get some free time and add it up. Didn't know it was so fast for being self-sufficient, but I just personally don't train for loads on end because I am constantly called to clan wars etc.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Yan I did:

Whoops, must have missed that, sorry. Now it's an even better guide in my opinion, even though it hasn't changed :D

yan+the+wise.png

Yan I did:

Whoops, must have missed that, sorry. Now it's an even better guide in my opinion, even though it hasn't changed :D

Lol :P Well I added the four corner room tip to make them agressive again...

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png