Ah! The maps are alive! (Live Maps) ~ 182+ Supporters!

None2None

Argh, Spring break took it off the RSOF

...I'll put it back up later...

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

This IS NOT just one suggestion, in fact, it is quite a few, some you may agree with, some disagree with, but I decided to compile all of them into one...uhh...mega...thread?...anyway "Live Maps" is just my general term :P ...If a mod thinks it would be better if I had multiple threads for each suggestion, either tell me or just take action :) ...If any of these ideas have been suggested, tell me and I can alter them so that they havent been :wink: ...NOW READ! :lol:

Basically, this suggestion is stating that things should change once in a while in the land of Runescape. Changing maps or ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Ålive mapsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingdoms and Knighthood's at War: I like the idea of making RuneScape a bit more aligned with the middle ages. Maybe we can put a little history information into people's heads. I realize that RuneScape was most likely not intended to be historically accurate at all, but I actually have benefitted from the game. (In science last year, we were asked what two metals made bronze. I thought to myself, 'I know this: tin and copper!' I never knew that RuneScape could help me at all in school.)

Fluxuating Prices: I like this idea, too. It could make the game a bit more challenging. Players would need to wait to sell items at a good price in the stores. It could also get them into trading with other players. I like the idea of having a more realistic RuneScape in some aspects. (I wouldn't want to have guards throw me in jail for killing a man though!)

Roaming Animals/Monsters: Hmm... It could also be like a you-come-to-me type of thing. Lol. Forget that. I like it. That's all I need to say.

Moving Mining Rocks and Trees: I'm not sure about this one. Maybe every time an ore is mined from the rock, the rock gets a little smaller. After a while, it will be completely gone or diminished. All the while, another rock is building up in a different location. You can mine the rock as it's building up, but it'll just diminish faster. (I don't know. I'm just throwing some things out there for ya.)

Rockslides: I love the rockslides idea. Enough said.

banksig2qn4.gif

"mmm... i like waffles"... i get that alot. so i say..."I do, too!!!"

I absolutely love the idea of a war being waged between cities. You could pick a group to join with, and maybe you could submit a number of another groups people you killed, thus effecting how next "update" would be. It could be almost a minigame, but one you could play without having to go to a designated island or gamespot, with a chance of dying and such.

They could put all the groups soldiers in like level 1-5 wilderness and that's where you had to fight them. If a person of another group saw you, and were in the wilderness level restrictions, they could attack you and try to get you to not kill their mates.

Also the smaller towns, like Port Sarim (sp) and Draynor could be neutral, but if you were aligned to a group, they would talk differently to you, based on their "hidden" alliance.

Quality posting at its finest.

Kingdoms and Knighthood's at War: Good idea, but no god wars. They will come in time. Oh noes ive said too much! :ohnoes:

Fluxuating Prices: Yes, yes, yes! We need this!

Roaming Animals/Monsters: Are you simply suggesting wider roaming areas? They roam anyway, but to a confined area. Great job!

Moving Mining Rocks and Trees: Hmm, would be good with autoers, but as another guy said, it should just slowly get smaller, and other rocks would slowly get bigger. That would work. When I first saw this i thought that rocks would pick themselves up on two uh...rocky legs and walk off somewhere else.

Rockslides: It is not the first multiplayer random event, that was the tangle vine. It never caught on, but this one might.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

All good ideas.

K&K Very cool, my idea for this:

Slowly and randomly varrock knights and falador knights would spawn in respectively the palace and the white knight castle, once a group of 4-6 knights is formed, all the knights are beginning their march towards the enemy castle on the same road, if one team gets to kill the opponent team of knights, it cpntinues to march in the enemy camp.

City guards attack the enemy knights, maybe there should be formed a palace/castle guard as well.

When a knight reaches the heart of the enemy camp, it should vanish and give his city a point, these points could be saved and made to influence the city in long term.

Please thaughts about this, I think this idea can become pretty cool.

Fluxuating prices:

Great idea, and very simple, but keep alchemy prices solid.

Roaming Animals:

Yes, but no roaming animal should be able to attack players half their level or below 66%... Else new players would be hurt to much, however very cool idea, city guards attack monsters entering cities.

Moving rocks and trees:

Cool idea, I think a tree should have multiple spawn points, when the tree is hacked down, the place where it spawns should be randomly generated.

The same thing for rocks, when you get the ore out of a rock, there should be a small chance that it removes the rock, just as chopping a tree.

Then the rock also respawns at a random location, just like the trees.

Good idea!

Rockslide:

I dont think we need another random event, and this event should only be able in places with other rockslides like al kharid, I think it would be hard to implement too.

Overall great idea, I hope to see them all soon!

conplaatje3vl9.png

Rockslides: It is not the first multiplayer random event, that was the tangle vine. It never caught on, but this one might.

Ah, very good point, I totally forgot about that #-o , lol, Idk if I made this before or after that was made and removed, but eh, I'll change that :P

K&K Very cool, my idea for this:

Slowly and randomly varrock knights and falador knights would spawn in respectively the palace and the white knight castle, once a group of 4-6 knights is formed, all the knights are beginning their march towards the enemy castle on the same road, if one team gets to kill the opponent team of knights, it cpntinues to march in the enemy camp.

City guards attack the enemy knights, maybe there should be formed a palace/castle guard as well.

When a knight reaches the heart of the enemy camp, it should vanish and give his city a point, these points could be saved and made to influence the city in long term.

Please thaughts about this, I think this idea can become pretty cool.

Yea, idk how it would be made in full, I've had everything from 'propaganda newspapers' telling progress of the war mattering which side you got the paper from to making it another small mini-game, all that I care about is that it's actually on Runescape's map, another mini-game would be O.K, but a bit to in the norm for me, idk if you were siggesting a mini-game or not, but eh ;)

Fluxuating prices:

Great idea, and very simple, but keep alchemy prices solid.

course not :) alchemy should stay the same for the sake that alchemy is the science of changing one thing to another, the laws of nature wouldn't change :)

Roaming Animals:

Yes, but no roaming animal should be able to attack players half their level or below 66%... Else new players would be hurt to much, however very cool idea, city guards attack monsters entering cities.

Well yea, agressive monsters would probably only stay agressive to players that they are now, but at the same time, monsters that arn't agressive to players might become agressive to other monsters or guards ;)

Moving rocks and trees:

Cool idea, I think a tree should have multiple spawn points, when the tree is hacked down, the place where it spawns should be randomly generated.

The same thing for rocks, when you get the ore out of a rock, there should be a small chance that it removes the rock, just as chopping a tree.

Then the rock also respawns at a random location, just like the trees.

Good idea!

Yea, that's exactly what I had in mind :)

And as for adding an extra random, seeing the macroers that we have now (and had when I origionally made the suggestion) I thought another, different one, may be in order. I dont think it would be too hard to impliment, all a player would have to do is keep an eye on what other players are doing, if everyone suddenly runs away, it would be a good hint :)

the idea is good overall.it brings more realisticity (new word WOOT :mrgreen: :thumbsup: ) to the game.would be kind of hard to do however (its got limited memory space after all).

the internal city/group wars idea is good overall.they should maybe start with a squad of 10-15 npcs of one kind in their city marchin to the opposin city/group's fort (fighting in the actual city would be a little more "interesting") and only people aligned with a city/group would be able to see it.these forts are small, about the size of barb village (new additions to old areas is good imo) and regularly have about 20-25 npcs of varying strength & rank.if a scouting party finds the opponent marchin towards a fort & gets away with at least 1 alive, then they can warn the fort.if not, suprise!

depending on the situation, either side may call for reinforcements.aside from the people that are already there, the only way for other people to know if theres a fight going on is if they hear the call for aid.this can be signalled by various means depending on the terrain.if youre in range of the signal, you'll get a message saying who called it & where.a little compass will show up on the lower left corner of the game screen (or the minimap) directing you to the fight.you can lose your items in these fights as normally.however, you dont get skulled for attacking another player.

people not aligned to any of the acting forces in the fight (may be more than 2 groups involved, alliances are likely) will get a message warning them of a fight at the fort nearby.they can therefore avoid the fight altogether, or join the fray.if they choose to join the fight, they risk getting attacked by both sides, seeing as to how they dont know what side the player is on.

depending on how the fight goes, things may happen, such as morale increasing/decreasing, recruits signing or resigning (the squads gotta come from somewhere), people gaining or loosing ranks, forts being captured/retained, etc.you also earn marks for how many of the opposing force(s) you fell, your involvement in the capture/defense of the fort, how many people you saved (you can give food/pots directly to others on your team including npcs), and how many of the forces died.you can redeem these marks for group/city specific armor that identifies you as belonging to that group to npcs & other players, regular armor, ammo, materials, etc.

also, based on the morale of the city, the number of forces, and the number of forts retained, you can get special marks put on you for set ammounts of time by npcs if you're aligned with that city.these can range from boosting the frequency of drops, your stats, how much materials you get, etc.this is only active in areas held by that city.you may also get these bonuses automatically when you first join in a fight.when you get your city's morale, forces, and forts owned past a certain point, you can even get a mark that lets you retain all your items if you die in that territory (the npcs automatically collect your stuff & hold onto it for you)!

the roaming monsters idea could tie into this, allowing on occasion for monsters to, for lack of a better term, "crash the party".the ones that do this can be something ranging from lowly spiders to steel dragons or worse.also, if you hold a specific mark, you can catch some kinds of monsters, giving your city some mounts.you can use these mounts in fights, as well as in areas that the monster is comfortable in held by your city.this is the only way to be able to use mounts for a while, until your mount is strong enough for you to care for yourself.

environmental events can also affect a fight.things such as rains, sandstorms, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, and the like could affect the terrain for a time and the fight with it, damaging npcs & players alike who are not properly protected against that type of event.those who arent also on occasion can have stats lowered, as well as continuous damage in some cases.those who are, however, may receive boosts and an increased regeneration rate.if an event occurs somewhere it shouldnt, then it can sometimes disrupt the fighting.this can signal the coming of an especially nasty monster, usually of the same type as the event that happened.in this case, it is highly advised to follow the example of the npcs & attack the monster, not each other if you plan on surviving the next 3 seconds.

once the monster is removed by one mean or another, the fighting resumes, if the monster didnt kill everyone.in this event, the fort becomes neutral, which acts like a magnet for forces to take it.these are usually the biggest of the fights, resulting in the best chance for attaining marks and items.the npcs drop their armor and equipment, which you can keep and use (not if yer aligned with a group already) or sell (they're tradable & can be melted down by npcs of your city resulting in bars of the kind of metal that armor is made of and some metal ingots (5 ingots=1 bar, stackable in bundles of 10)).

those with a high enough rank in a city or group and the proper levels can make some city specific items of their own for personal use.these can range from special powder that ignites when the ammo its atached to hits, dealing continuous damage until the resulting flames are removed, to enchanted weaponry which can bind the opponent, to crystals which contain charges for a specific spell and increase the strength of that spell when charges arent used but runes are(this would double the ammount of runes needed or more).

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I love all your ideas but I have a couple of ideas

say your mining in alkhrind. there could be grey rocks every where (practically on literally) and about 55-65 percent should be colourd like mith etc. they each take 40 ores before they move so that it doesn't slow your mining down too much

and a question

when you say roaming monsters do you mean like in crandor isle (where you go for dragon slayer) there should be mossys roaming around like you know the lessers just out side the cave? could they be as far as the beach and where the mossies are like that?

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

ember3579 thoes are some pretty cool suggestions :)

I love all your ideas but I have a couple of ideas

say your mining in alkhrind. there could be grey rocks every where (practically on literally) and about 55-65 percent should be colourd like mith etc. they each take 40 ores before they move so that it doesn't slow your mining down too much

and a question

when you say roaming monsters do you mean like in crandor isle (where you go for dragon slayer) there should be mossys roaming around like you know the lessers just out side the cave? could they be as far as the beach and where the mossies are like that?

Uhh...are the moss giants normally around that area? I dont totally get the question...but monsters have a general 'area' where they are found, and I'm suggesting that that space moves 50-100 spaces all around and little fights could happen if their space overlaps another monster's space.

And sure, you could have rocks have more than ore ore before disappearing, but I dont recommend having a bunch of gray ones to take their place, it would be too much of a waste of space to do that, why not have them appear?

I like these Ideas, especially the wars and the roaming monsters, that would make it slightly more exciting 8-)

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I like the war idea, would you lose your items like you do when pking while "participating" in this fight?

The fluxuating prices is a really good idea, we need that kind of stuff.

statement on the romaing monsters, as long as we dont end up with lesser demons in lumbridge its all good :mrgreen:

I support (is there a support list?)

Poochu.png

I like the war idea, would you lose your items like you do when pking while "participating" in this fight?

The fluxuating prices is a really good idea, we need that kind of stuff.

statement on the romaing monsters, as long as we dont end up with lesser demons in lumbridge its all good :mrgreen:

I support (is there a support list?)

Lol, no, no lessers in lumby :lol:

And I might make a support list, I just need some more time... :)

Awesome ideas, I have some add ons to them though. ::'

First say falador goes to attack Varrock, when that happens you enter a cutscene and see white knights marching out of the castle and the towns people all coungure(spelling? :-k ) in the middle of the town cheering them on. They would follow the Northern path through Barbarian Village to Varrock. On there way there you can choose to attack them to defend Varrock. Once they arrive at varrock the gaurds attack them and all doors are closed and will not open.(if you need to get out the owner of that building will say to use the backdoor and you will appear outside at the back of the building) Depending on who is winning there will be more or less guards. Players can help defeat the opposing side but beware as they will be powerful and attack as a team. Once they get to the town square the elite gaurd come down from the castle and attack them, once again you the player can either choose to help them or help the attacked city. If they defeat the elite guard they will enter the castle and a cutscene will show them leaving the attacked city with a cart full of gold.

If you are in a city as it is about to be attacked you will see the gaurds all leave there posts and run to where they are being attacked. As mentioned above the doors to all areas will be closed and locked but you can get out through the "back" entrance. If a city loses too many times its buildings will start to wear down cobwebs will appear and there will not be as many guards, which would eventually lead to monsters being able to enter the city and attack people. The gaurds that remain will have less hp and there armor will look bloody. The towns prices will increase by alot and quests will not be allowed to have access to if it gets that far. Once it gets this far it would be up to the player to talk to the king and go to the oposing side and attack them weakining them. But the winning side will have there hp increased for each win and they will help each other.

Another form of attack would be the "shadow-ops" attack, there would be no cut-scene of fan-fair. The shadow-ops would wearing near invisible armor, they would be able to get to the middle of town before being detected.

There will also be mercenary attacks from Barbarians and Black knights. I'm not sure what could happen because of this... ideas?

I think I kind of covered most ideas here. :XD:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

another of the battles could be soldiers of burthope vs the trolls? i mean those soldiers train forever and never do anything. That must be soo boring =p

kittenen4.png

Drag drops: D legs, D spear, shield half, d med

Obby Drops: Shield x 2, knife x 2, maul

Barrows drops : none yet :(

Treasure Trails: Guthix Robe legs, Zammy pl8body, pirate hat, Robin hood hat!!

KINGDOMS AND KNIGHTHOODS AT WAR: good idea but it should be a mini game because i dont want to walk to fally and see a army going to war

FLUXUATING PRICES : :thumbsup:

ROAMING ANIMALS/MONSTERS: :thumbsup: good but dont let them wander to far

MOVING MINING ROCKS AND TREES : if you have it like limestone(u can mine like 4 ore in 1 rock till it comes back) then just make em move and your good

ROCKSLIDES: :thumbsup: then like in the oldern western tmes when thay cut trees the "widow maker" when the big trees fall on some one gets under it when it fall :ohnoes: but when your wcing trees and thay start to fall have like lets say the freaky forester some and say TIMBER and u got lets say 5 sec to move like 3 sqs. away

over all i give it 9.5/10 because the army one

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

Everyone loves this ideas, they should be submit to jagex.
If you talking about posting them on the RS forums, I would, but can't.

Anyone who would like to copy-paste or whatever is more than welcome, just make sure it hasn't already been posted :)

If tip.it has another way of submitting suggestions...lol sure, that'd be awesome :)

Of course it's only 2 pages long, but still nobody has thought any of the ideas are terrible :wink:

Warring stuff: eh, too much stuff like it...sounds a lot like cw except with npcs

Fluxuating Prices: Sure, more realistic, but of course...it'd do nothing, so whats the point? lol

Roaming Monsters: sure, why not

Moving Mining Rocks: This wouldn't deter autoers in the slightest, because they move by color, not by places usually.

Rockslides: Great idea, i think its a good one!