~ Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~

Hi all,

My RSN is Celestrana and welcome to my blog. Here you'll can read about my skill training progress and the various goals that I'm working towards. But first, a little about myself and my time on RuneScape.

I am an Electrical Engineer graduated from Ryerson University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm in my early 20s and born under the sign of Sagitarrius.

I started playing RuneScape around August 2006 on the F2P worlds and like many new players, found the nearest tree or rock and started clicking away! About a month or so later, I found Tip.it. I trained my skills, I completed quests, I met new people, made new friends and by the time November 2006 came around, I've defeated Elvarg.

Then I found myself at an impasse. I've finished all the quests, but now what? So I continued to train my various F2P skills, unlocking further abilities and by the time the end of December 2006 came around, I found myself bored of F2P. Then, I decided to make the move into P2P. I signed up and then went all out quest and skill crazy. To make a long story short -- it's not like you guys are really interested at a play-by-play recap of what I did -- I've successfully completed all the quests as of mid-June 2007 and have been happily skilling away, waiting for the next quest to come out.

[hide=Skill Summary]

celestrana.png

[/hide]

[hide=Overall Progress]

celestrana.png

[/hide]

[hide=Five Most-Trained Skills]

1. celestrana.png

2. celestrana.png

3. celestrana.png

4. celestrana.png

5. celestrana.png

[/hide]

[hide=Long Term Goals]

1. My long term goals is to get to level 99 in Slayer and Runecrafting, so I'll be training both more often than my other skills. Since Slayer uses my melee and range combat skills, I'll most likely reach level 99 for those skills as well.

2. Currently I'm runecrafting Laws, Natures and Cosmics so that I can use them at the Mage Training Arena. This will provide a fast and relatively stress free method of training my Magic albiet in a very non-profit way. I intend to get a Full Infinity Set, which includes the Mage Book.

[/hide]

[hide=Short Term Goals]

1. Getting Full Infinity from the Mage Training Arena.

Preparation Check List: [-] = In Progress, [x] = Completed/Reached

[x] Runecraft 4.5K Laws

[-] Runecraft 7K Natures

[x] Runecraft 11K Cosmics (5.5K Cosmics since I double craft them..)

Full Infinity Check List:

[-] Infinity Boots

[-] Infinity Gloves

[-] Infinity Hat

[-] Infinity Robe Top

[-] Infinity Robe Bottom

[/hide]

Since I'm dedicating myself to Runecrafting, here's what you can do to help me. If you have 1K Pure Essence to sell, send me a private message on the forums or make a post on my blog. I have my blog on watch so I'll know when somebody posts something on it.

To reflect current market trends, I'm adjusting my price of Pure Essence from 100gp to 90gp. So that means I'll buy Pure Essence for the price of 90gp per Pure Essence. I prefer to buy essence at multiples of 1K units so that's 90K gp for 1K Pure Essence. I'm also willing to directly trade Runes for Pure Essence.

- Nature runes typically sell for 300gp each, I'll trade 1K Nature runes for 3K Pure Essence.

- Law runes typically sell for 300gp each, so 1K Law runes for 3K Pure Essence.

- Cosmic runes aren't popular runes to sell since many people can double-craft them. I'll sell Cosmics for 100gp each, so 1K Cosmic runes for 1K Pure Essence.

I've decided to add a Notable Contributors section to my blog. Here's the idea behind it. Since I'm buying pure essence from players, and looking for permanent or semi-permanent pure essence suppliers, they'll collect points that will go towards an Infinity Item. First, I'll start small and award Infinity Boots or Infinity Gloves and eventually get to the larger rewards like Infinity Robes or even a Master Wand. For now though, the first Full Infinity Set goes towards operating funds.

Edit: (11/09/2007) Since the Grand Exchange is coming out soon, I've decided to remove the "Notable Contributors" section since I'll be able to buy Pure Essence from players quickly and painlessly. Ok, maybe not quickly and painlessly but at least quicker and hopefully decently priced.

Favorite and Highly Recommended Guides

- Master Slayer Guide by Axe Man Jack (AOW)

- The *Complete* MTA Handbook by manoman (AOW)

Celestrana's Mini-Guides to Frequently Asked Quest Boss Battles

Dream Mentor -- Beating it at combat lvl-85

Grim Tales -- Taking on the Cloud Giant

Desert Treasure -- Beating the Ferocious Four

Contact! -- Enter the Exterminator

Gallery

[hide=Me wearing my newly acquired Infinity set]

infequip2xq4.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=Me wearing Infinity set while standing in front of MTA Shop Guardian]

infinmta2uy2.jpg

[/hide]

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another few hours spent traveling from Castle Wars to Entrana via the Hot Air Balloons and many Rings of Dueling and churned out another 2K Law runes.

5K Law runes made, 1K Law runes to go. Once I reach my goal of 6K Law runes, I'm going to take a break and train slayer for a little while. Or visit Varrock and restock on my depleting supply of pure essence.

I'll be starting on the Cosmics next. I hope I don't go stir crazy from too much runecrafting. :-X

EDIT: I've updated my first post with Draynor.net goal signature bars because they update more often the Bits and Bytes. I'd like the progress bars to show my progress as current as possible.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Well looks like I spent another weekend making runes, this time runecrafting Cosmics.

I reassessed the amount of runes I needed to make, after finding out that Full Infinity excluded the Mage Book! Thank Guthix for that! So, instead of making 6K Laws, 9.3K Natures and 15.5K Cosmics, the reassessed quantity comes up to 4.5K Laws, 7K Natures and 11K Cosmics.

That's still a really significant quantity of runes but drastically reduced the amount of pure essence from 23K to 17K.

So, I've made more than enough Law runes, which I currently total at 6K and I've managed to make 8K Cosmics but I haven't started on the Natures.

About the "Gallery":

Since I'm only runecrafting at the moment, I don't really see the point of me posting pictures of me running to and from the Castle Wars bank to make Laws and the Zanaris bank to make Natures and Cosmics. When I train slayer and I happen across a rare piece of loot, I might take a snapshot and upload it.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

As some of you can see, my combat stats have gone up a few levels since I've been recently training slayer. I'm hoping I'll get my slayer level to lvl-62 by the end of the week and maybe get a good slayer monster to kill instead of the "other guys". I'm sort of disappointed at Chaeldar's assignments. Give me more slayer monsters! Plus, I have terrible luck with item drops and when I do have a half-decent item drop, it's rarely a slayer item.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

I guess auto'ers found Pure Ess mining, because I see loads of sellers in W2 for 80 ea. And that are good quantities.

Goodluck with your goals :D!

That's one thing I try to avoid; buying pure ess from autoers since that means I'll be supporting the black market, which is bad! (so exhausted.. can't write proper sentences anymore..)

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Well, another day, another 2K Cosmics made. So, looks like I'm up to 10K Cosmics but I'll need a total of 11K Cosmics before I can head to the Mage Training Arena, so it looks like I'll need another Cosmic run. Since I use my pure essence, 1K at a time, I'll be making another 2K worth of Cosmics.

Hopefully, I'll have enough pure essence to make 7K Natures! :XD:

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

I've decided to add a Notable Contributors section to my runecrafting portion of my blog. Here's the idea behind it. Since I'm buying pure essence from players, and looking for permanent or semi-permanent pure essence suppliers, I'll encourage them by keeping track of the amount of pure essence they mine for me and award them with an Infinity Item when they've collected enough points.

If you look at the main part of the blog, you'll see each Infinity Item with a point rating. When the Contributor has saved up enough points, I'll message them in-game and ask them which Infinity Item they want or if they want to continue to collect and get something better. Eventually, when I have this system running well enough and that I have many contributors, I'll even start awarding Mage Books and Master Wands.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Great work on the runecrafting! Your working at a incredible speed! Ill be sure to contribute when i have p ess! = )

Hey zeddude, so it looks like you've signed yourself up as a Notable Contributor eh? I'll add your name to the "Hall of Awesomeness"! :thumbsup:

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Great work on the runecrafting! Your working at a incredible speed! Ill be sure to contribute when i have p ess! = )

Hey zeddude, so it looks like you've signed yourself up as a Notable Contributor eh? I'll add your name to the "Hall of Awesomeness"! :thumbsup:

Yay awesomeness and call me Zaid :wink:

shadowsigzeddude-1.jpg

Looks like I've reached another short term goal of runecrafting Cosmic runes and I've started making Nature runes. So far I've made 3K Nature runes so that a little less than half way there. Anyways, I think that's enough for now. Going to go do something else now and take a break from the game.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Data is saved but my laptop is *still* dying! Gotta hop onto the desktop to download a disassembly manual so I can clear out dust or something. Maybe my RAM has fried from overheating. :cry: If that's the case, looks like I'll have to buy some new chips or switch to training slayer for a while.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png