Do you ever use the"Self Sufficient" methods??

roanlo

I live by a semi self sufficient lifestyle on RuneScape.

I will cut my own trees to fletch and when I go to alch I will use nature runes I have ran so I did earn them, but there was no money exchange.

~Knotch Blade

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In smithing, rcing, firemaking, cooking and farming I have always been self-sufficient. I never seem to have enough time or money to stand around advertising for a worker or to buy 1k coal. I quite enjoy being self-sufficient anyway, as it's something I can be proud of(It'll be in my sig in a minute)and since I have this MASSIVE compilation of songs on my computer, I never get bored whilst mining or rcing.

SELF-SUFFICIENT AND PROUD OF IT:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5392583#5392583

There are a few closed loop tasks that I do for myself... they include;

Woodcutting yews -> burning them (to raise both woodcutting and firemaking)

Slaying -> herb seeds -> grow seeds -> use in herblore -> use supersets -> advance slaying

Hunting Chinchompas -> use for ranging

Harrington.gif

I'm self-sufficient as far as buying stuff off other players is concerned.

It may take absolutely ages to mine XXXX pure essence, craft it all to nats without runners, chop XXXX yew logs, pick XXXX flax and fletch XXXX yew longbows, and finally alch the lot with the nats... but you get a good pile of XP in all those skills and a huge pile of cash at the end.

I find it a bit more interesting than working just towards a level in one skill.

Efficiency does not mean that you must work on one skill. If you could tell me how much money per hours that is, I could demonstrate how you're actually better off (in terms of experience and in time) buying the pure ess and mining granite

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I cut willows then burn them. And cook the fish i catch. But for skills like smithing i usually mine coal then buy the type of ore i need.

I guess it depends on what mood im in

PS This belongs in questionaires?

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

I usually am self-sufficient, except when I need to get huge amounts of commodities and cannot spare the time to get them myself (like the 20000 essence I bought for runecrafting).

Self-sufficiency is much cheaper than buying the resources. DUH.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

Efficiency does not mean that you must work on one skill. If you could tell me how much money per hours that is, I could demonstrate how you're actually better off (in terms of experience and in time) buying the pure ess and mining granite

I don't believe for a minute that what I do is efficient, I just like doing it!

I have always tried to use cheapest and hopefully easiest methods available to level up with. So, for some areas I am kind of self sufficient, like for example food. I've accumulated over 3K salmon and trout whilst playing, most of which I use for combat training. Yes, it doesn't heal as much but it doesn't bother me. However, since I got p2p I do buy more things, but I also make a lot more money :P

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I try to be as self-sufficient as possible. For example I making cash by fletch/alch yew longs and getting all the matierials myself.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

It depends on what I'm training really. If it's something which I can earn back afterwards, I'd buy the items to train a skill.

One example being:

I was originally chopping and burning yews behind Varrock Castle; going for level 99 Woodcutting and Firemaking. But I then decided that it was time for another Cape of Achievement that would be easy to get. Therefore, few weeks ago, I bought 20,000 yew logs in order to get level 99 Firemaking. I've burnt them, and I now have the Firemaking cape.

I am now earning back the money, by chopping yews to level 99 Woodcutting. This way, I haven't really lost any money at all, and I'm hoping to sell these yews for more than I bought them for. :P

I'm one of those people who avoids spending money whenever I get the chance to. I'd obtain my own seeds, pure essence, and more... The list is endless. XD

I suppose my personal short answer to your question, would be most of the time; yes. However, if there are some linked skills, which I could use to earn the money back, I'd buy the raw materials instead.

I did not buy my fletching, prayer, and cooking lvls.

85 lvls of my 99 firemaking was logs that i cut, maples and yews.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]