RuneScape Mainpage

Pirate_Felix

The ones the OP posted I can safely say I have never seen before im my life and look nothing like anything that has been on the rs homepage and I have been on rs since its first public release.

Since rs is only really on its third major layout, both the old ones with pics on this thread. You can clearly see the rs site graphics never looked nething like thoose posted.

Oh yeah, i got em from the other RuneScape Site....

What other Runescape Site?

You said the old rs homepage, the home page has NEVER had any graphics like those you posted.

Sarcasm arise!

2j3qh46.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones the OP posted I can safely say I have never seen before im my life and look nothing like anything that has been on the rs homepage and I have been on rs since its first public release.

Since rs is only really on its third major layout, both the old ones with pics on this thread. You can clearly see the rs site graphics never looked nething like thoose posted.

You said the old rs homepage, the home page has NEVER had any graphics like those you posted.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewcate ... cat_id=776

Yep, there they had

I really don't recall the knowledge base having thoose icons. or the manual.

Ever.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewcate ... cat_id=776

Yep, there they had

I really don't recall the knowledge base having thoose icons. or the manual.

Ever.

YEAH SURE I MADE THEM MYSELF

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

how "old" are these?

i remember the really old one, where the login button was red and etc. and when you clicked that you saw a "high detail" skeleton or a "low detail" warrior in noob armor and the world select was black and stuffs....

nostalgia :cry:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

how "old" are these?

i remember the really old one, where the login button was red and etc. and when you clicked that you saw a "high detail" skeleton or a "low detail" warrior in noob armor and the world select was black and stuffs....

just before the graphical update

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

how "old" are these?

No way.

My memory of the older sites may be a bit wobbly in places, despite the fact I have a very good visual memory. But there is noway they were on the rs homepage jsut b4 HD came, I can remember that too clearly.

The icons of that time were about tht size and of a similar ilk, but they matched the in-game skill icons and deffo did not have grey bgs

And by this time any images refering to prayer with anything but the star had long gone.

Dont get me wrong just I roughly remember all the site and those jsut don;t fit right.

They don;t match any of the styles I recall 100%.

They prayer and agility icons remind me of the olllldddd site. But then the fact farming and hunter and slayer are in their makes them too new.

The thieving icon I have 100% never seen look like tht ever.

Looks to me like a mash up on older icons and some made up attempting to be in the style of, but none of them really 100% right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

how "old" are these?

No way.

My memory of the older sites may be a bit wobbly in places, despite the fact I have a very good visual memory. But there is noway they were on the rs homepage jsut b4 HD came, I can remember that too clearly.

The icons of that time were about tht size and of a similar ilk, but they matched the in-game skill icons and deffo did not have grey bgs

And by this time any images refering to prayer with anything but the star had long gone.

Dont get me wrong just I roughly remember all the site and those jsut don;t fit right.

They don;t match any of the styles I recall 100%.

They prayer and agility icons remind me of the olllldddd site. But then the fact farming and hunter and slayer are in their makes them too new.

The thieving icon I have 100% never seen look like tht ever.

Looks to me like a mash up on older icons and some made up attempting to be in the style of, but none of them really 100% right.

Hmm i think you havent seen them all is my fault, there were a few on RS Main page, and i checked the links, they led to something like: www.runescape.com/images/manual/skill_strength

and i tried to alter the link with the other skills and that was how i found them i think

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I'm still 75% sure none of them have been on the rs site.

Some parts of them look like they have, but they've never had icons with square bgs. Least of all grey ones.

And some of them are icons that are definitely 100% made up.

Hell look at the screenies on the first page of the 2 old site styles, u can clearly see they dont fit in right with either

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm still 100% sure none of them have been on the rs site.

Some parts of them look like they have, but they've never had icons with square bgs. Least of all grey ones.

And some of them are icons that are definitely 100% made up

Im 100% sure i found them on the runescape site, im sure i found one of them and then altered the link, look:

http://www.runescape.com/img/main/kbase ... uction.jpg

remove construction and put in: 'strength', youll come by the strength icon. Thats how i did it

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Im 100% sure i found them on the runescape site, im sure i found one of them and then altered the link, look:

remove construction and put in: 'strength', youll come by the strength icon. Thats how i did it

That produces all the new images...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That produces all the new images...

back in the days the links produced different images

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

These icons were not in the manual, they were on the front page when an artical of the week was chosen and it was a skill, then the represintive picture was with it.

It was right before the 2008 GFX update.

That makes more sense.

Though still half of them don't see right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Wow Mike. Thats pretty freaking old, as in more than 5 years...thats classic era that is.

I am fond of the old warrior and skeleton. And I have never liked any login as much as the one with those flames that created the rune symbols. I miss those torch things. From one of the god letters, that particular screen actualy represented a dorway from our world to Gielinor. The gates were only passable by speaking your name and a special phrase unique to each person (ie password). The idea that we pass through the gates (I forget the name) and become our player, and then travel back on log out (which is why we disapear on logout, we have traveled back to reality, so we are our avatar in this world) has always had a speacial meaning to me. This idea is also why I so very rarely play accounts other than my main. To do so feels like creating different incarnations of my own self, which is just odd.

Thanks for bringing back memories :thumbsup:

That makes more sense.

Though still half of them don't see right.

Told you how i got them, i copied the url of the Herblore picture which would give a link with 'herblore' in it and then changed herblore into another skill to get the other skill's picture

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

They should really let us choose between the old website fronts and login screens, I would switch back to the old ones in a heartbeat! They look so much better than these new ones in my opinion, and it brings back great memories.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

I agree with the above post, why havent they made a new skin btw? the chosen commander one is still there -.-

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]