Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

Important Rule Change: If you haven't read the entire thread, do NOT post! Find out WHERE WE ARE in terms of theories and new information BEFORE YOU HUMILIATE YOURSELF!

This is the current theory we are working on:

The Great Big God Conspiracy Idea

WOM is gathering knowledge and supplies to trigger a second God War, create a huge army, win the war, and become a God himself.

What we know that supports this:

WOM can wield more magical power than any other human can.

WOM belongs to a Council of Saradominists, details about it unknown.

WOM apparently has a small band of loyal devotees, almost like a cult.

WOM appears to be making a power-grab within the Council.

A second god war, which WE KNOW IS COMING, will give WOM an opportunity to prove himself to Saradomin.

By exploiting the powers of summoning/necromancy, WOM and those who side with him will be unbeatable in the God War.

By winning the war for Saradomin, WOM may be "appointed" to godhood in the same manner that Zamorak was.

Info on God War II

Mahjarrat are still trying to return Zamorak from exile (Mourners from West Ardougne are attempting to summon him, and various mahjarrat are on the move to an unspecified locale to break Zamorak's exile [locale is most likely somewhere in the wilderness]). Zaros may be beginning to manifest himself. Armadyl and Zaros may be one in the same, just two parts of a bipolar god.

The WOM Chart!

Check out the WOM Chart! It's triangular! We need information from the people in this chart!

womchart.jpg

If you can get information regarding WOM from these people, and it isn't an inconvenience or anything, then please DO SO! These people are WANTED! Dead or alive! Preferrably ALIVE!

Our meetings site is the Water Rune Altar in the Lumbridge swamp.

The world that the meetings should be held in is still to be decided. We tried World 7 for a little while but it was extremely laggy and sometimes full. We tried World 106 once, and it seemed to be fine. 106 it is, I suppose.

Watch the thread for extra info on the meetings (change of world/location/time/date) and lots of other fun nonsense.

What you will need for meetings: Water talisman or water tiara to get into the altar (duh), and open mind, input, and lots of money to give to me. :twisted:

Rules are simple: Be nice, offer lots of good insights about the WOM, and uh...oh yeah, give me lots of money. :P Oh, and be prepared to get random events at very very coincidental times (people who were present at the March 3 meeting should know :lol: )

These are our siggies:

investigatingthewiseoldaq3.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=387758][img=http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7863/investigatingthewiseoldaq3.gif][/url]

investigatingthewiseoldyt5.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=387758][img=http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4234/investigatingthewiseoldyt5.gif][/url]

Womzoomed-1.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=387758][img=http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i140/doghills/Womzoomed-1.gif][/url]

Put 'em in your sig! Join the Investigation, but don't be stupid about it!

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

House : 2 degrees, 50 minutes North 20 degrees, 20 minutes East.

Bank : 2 degrees, 33 minutes North 20 degrees, 22 minutes East.

Tower : 0 degrees, 3 minutes North 20 degrees, 54 minutes East.

What ya mean by damage?

oldmanwall2sq.png

Hope i helped..

Carson

House : 2 degrees, 50 minutes North 20 degrees, 20 minutes East.

Bank : 2 degrees, 33 minutes North 20 degrees, 22 minutes East.

Tower : 0 degrees, 3 minutes North 20 degrees, 54 minutes East.

What ya mean by damage?

oldmanwall2sq.png

Hope i helped..

Carson

Er...By how much dammage he means how much damge did he do...

The damage to the wall just happened, there was no number to go along with it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

-The amount of damage the old man did to the wall of the bank (watch the surveillance film)

there was no number, if you mean damage to bankers, around 24 and with a spell 44..

well, this is getting interesting. i went and found both of the books and from the strange books comment section, we can infer that the M.O.M. raided the wizards tower, stole a bunch of runes, then robbed the bank. we can also assume that the thing on his desk (i couldnt get a good look at it) is either some kind of blimp or some other object (a bomb, maybe??)and that at some point, its going to become an important object.

what intrigues me most is how you believe you can link the coordinates to those places and the damage he dealt to the guards with anything in his books. maybe in the graph examples in the third chapter? im interested in hearing your thought processes in this matter.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

My findings so far:

If you draw a line from the Wizard's Tower to the Draynor Bank, the Wise Old Man's telescope lies directly on the line. The equation of this line is: y=-4.682x+97.896. If you continue the line toward the south east, the line intersects with the dead center of the Bandit Camp in the desert. I can't remember much about the Bandit Camp when I was a member, but aren't they Zaros followers?

Anyway, imagine a line going from the Wizard's Tower, to the Draynor Bank, to the Wise Old Man's house. Now, imagine a line perpendicular to this line, which interects the Tower-Bank line at the Wise Old Man's house. The equation of this line is: y=.2136x-1.51. Continue this line in both directions and it intersect with the north-central portion of the Digsite (the Zaros altar?) and the Wizard's Guild in Yanile. So, the man is probably affiliated with Zaros somehow, and is part of some conspiracy against wizards. I think he'll attack the Wizard Guild after he hits the Tower.

Take the two equations I showed above and rearrange them into standard form and you get this:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

The two bolded numbers are the solutions. Change them into Degree/Minute/Second form and you get this

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Now, this is where I need some additional help. I need another memeber to find these two locations:

1. 20 degrees 54 minutes N and 7 degrees 4 minutes E

2. 7 degrees 4 minutes N and 20 degrees 54 minutes E

I believe one of these two coordinates will somewhat answer the mystery around the Wise Old Man. Thanks for your help again.

Womzoomed-1.gif

hmmm.... its a very intersting idea! but it seems to have hit a dead end with those two points. are we sure the one in the middle of the sea is accurate? what about a line that intersects both of those points? is there anything interesting on, say, the midpoint of this line? id like to see a drawing with said line and the lines youve already drawn to compare them.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

hmmm.... its a very intersting idea! but it seems to have hit a dead end with those two points. are we sure the one in the middle of the sea is accurate? what about a line that intersects both of those points? is there anything interesting on, say, the midpoint of this line? id like to see a drawing with said line and the lines youve already drawn to compare them.

I'm not sure I can do that, I used a graphing calculator. But I can try a line that intersects both points.

Womzoomed-1.gif

why not just get a piece of graphing paper and overlay it onto a printout of the map. mark the points on the paper, then use the scaling of the lines to determine the rest? you can get graphing paper from any business or office store for a pretty cheap price. if not there, then the nearest college bookstore would probably have it.

anyway, what direction are you taking this in next? without any solid leads(as far as i can see) or any places to go from, im basically waiting to see what your next move is.

Well, I grabbed a spade and went to the Draynor Manor spot. I looked around, dug a little, and...nothing. So my guess is that the solutions to the two equations have nothing to do with it. I can do one of two things:

1. Wait for Jagex to update the W.O.M. storyline,

2. Look for more clues.

With so many interesting connection to Zaros, it is most probable that the answer is somewhere in the desert. As for my hypothetical lines, I have much reason to believe that the Digsite, the Bandit Camp, and the Wizard Guild will soon be very key in the story. I mean, if Jagex has enough time to manufacture that surveillance video, then they probably would've at least made an interesting story behind it, right?

I'll hold on to my data for awhile until I get another lead.

Womzoomed-1.gif

my thoughts, he's gonna burn the wizards tower.

proof:

my friend came over one day, and we played for a bit, and the telescope was looking at the tower.

he has trillions of tinderboxes huddles away in his books.

he used a high level mage attack (saradomin strike) to break into the bank.

that's all I got, but I think it's enough to say that...

well, we know that hes going to attempt to raid the wizards tower again for more runes to do something with, as per hicomments in the readers comment section, but he hasnt made a move yet. this is turing out to be quite interesting.

Using logic and reasoning (yay for Philosophy classes):

Zamorakian mages invaded the old Wizard's Tower and tried to steal the secrets of runecrafting in the Third or Fourth age. They couldn't get the secrets, but they burnt the Tower down. If you read the comments in one of the books, the W.O.M. says that he needs more runes, so he'll have to get them from the Wizard's Tower. If he were really that wise, couldn't he just use Runcrafting to get all the runes he wants? He obviously doesn't know much about it, so he wants to invade the Tower again to steal the Runecrafting secrets, and finish the job that the Zamorakian mages failed at so long ago. Plus, he'll probably burn the Tower down when he's through.

Womzoomed-1.gif

They either already know this and enjoy laughing at the antics of feeble-minded players like myself who are trying to figure it out, or they have no idea what they may have gotten themselves into. I may send it and ask some questions.

Womzoomed-1.gif