Tutorial - Colourising and adding renders to an abstract sig

magictv

Photoshop 7 and above

Hi, this is my tutorial on how to colourise your sig and blend a render into it.

Here is the final product.

77qj.jpg

Firstly brush yourself a nice background with colourless brushes.

Like this

13bu5.jpg

Secondly paste your render into the document on a new layer without its background.

Then rotate yor render to a crazy angle, duplicate this layer and rotate it again moving it somewhere else on the sig. Continue to do this until you have covered most of your sig then hit ctrl e to merge the layers important only merge the layers with your render on not the background layer.

You should have something like this

20nx1.jpg

Now, go filter>blur>gaussian blur. I use settings like 9.4 normally

then when you have done that set the layer mode to "overlay"

Now past your render in the posistion you would like it to be in the finished sig.

Remember to feather it like this.

First duplicate your render layer, do a small gaussian blur on the lower layer, about 0.5 or 1.

Now, go select>load selection and select the top render layer, then do select>modify>contract something like 4 pixels. Then do select>feather and do about 4 pixels or something similar. Then select inverse and hit delete.

So far it should look something like this except the render in the below image is not feathered because I forgot. #-o

35wz.jpg

Now, do a google search for the brushes "sparkleps7" and brush on two layers. One above your render and one below in white as if your render is in cloud of sparks.

You should have something similar to this.

49cp.jpg

You could end here and add text and a border but I did more.

Next you should add a colour balance layer, if you feel the colours are not right somewhere, fiddle with the settings and the layer mask to get the colours right.

Also I added a brightness/contrast layer so feel free to do this

66un.jpg

Next add a simple border

77qj.jpg

Finish it off with some nice text and you are done. Of course you could add more stuff such as scan lines and other things but I left it at that.

Any mistakes or questions you have just ask.

Also please could you post your final results, if you do I will love you forever. XD enjoy.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Every single search I do on google brings back invision pages that have long gone, and other pages that have sold themselves to those bloody search things...

I can't find the brushes anywhere (sparkleps7)... Can someone add me on msn, or host them somewhere?

(I did find one link, but it was broken - some tomoga or something... Went ot a search engine. >_> )

• 1 month later...

Seems like a cool thing to do, I'll try that out!

Thanks for doing that, it's helped me and I'm sure lots more people.