Combination Runecrafting Guide

Lep

A more up-to-date copy of this guide is located in post http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=508212&start=23 in this thread, which was recombined from a separate topic. - staff

delete30vo4.pngCategoriesdelete30vo4.png

~Press Control F to have the search option come up, then type in the box provided, the category you want to view. Make sure you type it exactly as it appears below. (It's quicker than just scrolling down and looking for the category)~

1. Lava Runes

2. Steam Runes

3. Smoke Runes

4. Mud Runes

5. Dust Runes

6. Mist Runes

Quest requirement for all combination runes: Lunar Diplomacy Quest

Magic requirement for all combination runes: 82

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes

~ With the new Lunar Diplomacy quest and Magic Imbue spell, combination Runes are now actually worth it to Runecraft. Not for the experience however, but these Runes are now easy enough to Runecraft for pking or anything of the sort. ::'

~ For Mud Runes, you can sacrifice an essence for a Lumbridge teletablet and a Dueling Ring if you have any.

~ You cannot make doubles of these Runes, it's only 1 Rune per essence.

~ You need Pure essence to make combination Runes.

~ Binding Necklaces are a MUST. Without them, you can still fail at combining your Runes.

~ You can sacrifice some items for others if you can't get them for some reason. Like the Fire Tiara, you can just use an Elemental Talisman, but remember, you lose 1 essence by doing that.

~ You can use Boots of Lightness so you don't run out of Energy too fast. Also, the higher the Agility level the better. And the less weight carried, the better.

~ Energy Potions are not required, but they definately make your Runecrafting much faster.

~ You can also switch around the Runes and Tiaras to use, and use the corresponding Altars, but the ones I decided are the fastest routes.

~ See the Crafting Guide on how to make Tiaras, Dueling Rings, and Binding Neclaces.

~ You have a very short length of time to make combination Runes after you cast the spell, you will have to click mega fast to try getting all of your essence done with 1 cast. Occasionally, it will take 2 casts :?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lava Runes rune_lava.png

Required Runecrafting level: 23

Required Combination Runes: Earths and Fires

Market Value: 600-700

Required Items

-Dueling Ring

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Fire Tiara

-Binding Neclace

-Pouches (If you have any)

Lava Runes are by far the fastest to Runecraft, they have the easiest route because of Dueling Rings. The method to Runecraft these are quite simple, and will get you nearly 100 Lava Runes every 2.5 minutes.

Method

~Starting at Castle Wars bank chest~

1-Withdraw essence, put into Pouches, and fill your inventory with it.

2-Rub your Dueling Ring and choose "Al-Kharid."

3-Run west a few steps, then north and enter the Fire Altar.

4-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Earth Runes on the Fire Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

5-When you've used your essence up that was on you, rub your Dueling Ring again and choose "Castle Wars."

6-Repeat.

rcguide1cn7.th.png

2. Steam Runes rune_steam.png

Required Runecrafting level: 19

Required Combination Runes: Waters and Fires

Required Items

-Dueling Ring

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Fire Tiara

-Binding Neclace

Steam Runes are by far also the fastest to Runecraft, they have the easiest route because of Dueling Rings. The method to Runecraft these are quite simple, and will get you nearly 100 Steam Runes every 2.5 minutes. These are probably the most useful Runes, mostly for Ancient Mages.

Method

4-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Water Runes on the Fire Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

5-When you've used your essence up that was on you, rub your Dueling Ring again and choose "Castle Wars."

6-Repeat.

rcguide5om3.th.png

3. Smoke Runes rune_smoke.png

Required Runecrafting level: 15

Required Combination Runes: Airs and Fires

Market Value: 500-600

Required Items

-Dueling Ring

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Fire Tiara

-Binding Neclace

These Runes are also fast to Runecraft. This combination is also one of the more useful ones.

Method

~Starting at Castle Wars bank Chest~

4-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Air Runes on the Fire Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

6-Repeat.

rcguide2yv4.th.png

4. Mud Runes rune_mud.png

Required Runecrafting level: 13

Required Combination Runes: Waters and Earths

Required Items

-Super Energy

-Astral Runes

-Fire Runes

-Water Staff

-Water Tiara

-Binding Neclace

This Rune is the slowest to Runecraft of them all. It's also not all that worth it because you could just buy a Mud Staff and use it instead, for infinite Waters and Earths. As an alternate route, if you have Lumbridge teletablets, you can carry a Dueling Ring and a teletablet with you. After you make your Runes, you would then teleport back to Castle Wars, withdraw essence, teleport to Lumbridge, and repeat.

Another route is to teleport back to Draynor bank using Glory Amulets, and run back to the Water Altar, which is also fast. However, you'll need many Glorys and access to the Hero's Guild if you're planning on making a lot of Runes.

If Draynor and Lumbridge Swamps just aren't your style, then you could use the Earth Altar near Varrock, although it's pretty much the same speed. You would require Varrock teletablets and a Dueling Ring. (Teleport to Varrock, run to Earth Altar, use essence, teleport to Castle Wars bank Chest, repeat) However, I suggest using the Draynor/Lumbridge method.

Method

~Starting at Draynor bank~

2-Head south east towards the Water Altar in the Lumbridge Swamps. Enter it.

3-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Earth Runes on the Water Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

4-When you've used your essence up that was on you, exit the altar and run back towards Draynor bank.

5-Repeat.

rcguide6iu1.th.png

5. Dust Runes rune_dust.png

Required Runecrafting level: 10

Required Combination Runes: Airs and Earths

Required Items

-Super Energy

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Air Tiara

-Binding Neclace

This Rune is also fairly slow to make, and it's also not so useful unless you're casting Earth spells. Alternatively, instead of Runecrafting these, you can kill level 41 Flesh Crawlers in the Stronghold of Security for them. They are a fairly common drop.

Method

~Starting at Falador East Bank~

2-Run south until you get to the Air Altar. Enter it.

3-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Earth Runes on the Air Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

4-When you've used your essence up that was on you, exit the altar and run North back to Falador East Bank.

5-Repeat.

rcguide3si2.th.png

6. Mist Runes rune_mist.png

Required Runecrafting level: 6

Required Combination Runes: Airs and Waters

Required Items

-Super Energy

-Astral Runes

-Fire Staff

-Air Tiara

-Binding Neclace

This Rune too, is slow to make, but a tiny bit faster than some of the others. Again, not so useful unless you're doing Water spells.

Method

3-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Water Runes on the Air Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

4-When you've used your essence up that was on you, exit the alter and run North back to Falador East Bank.

5-Repeat.

rcguide6sm4.th.png

Yah, very good guide. Also, I think it has to be pure essence.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

answer this. and sorry for the noobish caps spel, but DO YOU NEED THE TALISMAN TO CRAFT?!?!!? or does the spell replace the talisman1?1? omfg if this is true im getting 91 wc from lavas!! better xp .5 more xp the deaths!!! omgomg!!

-end noob-

anyway, nice guide! makes rcing multis MUCH easyer and clear hehe

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Glad you guys like it ::' For some reason I enjoy being a perfectionist about making guides, and enjoy making them. Tell me if I've made any spelling errors or mistakes in my guide if anyone finds any please.

Also, I've just finished it completely, added nifty little cross-staves at the top too lol :P

By the way....1000th post! :D

yea the cross staves look cool. as soon as i clicked i saw them and i thought 'wow he sure does have alot of time to use photoshop"

anyway, with magic imbune (sp?) DO YOU NEED THE OPPOSITE TALISMAN TO CRAFT THE RUNE??! also sorry for capes -.-

Off-Topic:Just one away from being a Skeleton Guard :shock:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=478642

Edit:

To be on topic, No you do NOT need the talismans to make these combo runes while using the spells. THat's why the spell was made. Getting Talismans is boring so they removed that element for the select few.

great. ty. i thought the spell replaced the bingind necklase lol

great guide!

I confirmed myself that yes, you do need Pure essence to make these Runes :? Which really sucks because it will be harder to make money selling them, however...I'm planning to add another Category so you can make more money off of this than you're spending.

Hopefully that will get people in the mood to make these.

Edit: I instead put the market value of these Runes. Remember, it takes 1 Pure essence per Rune, 1 of each Rune itself, the items to travel, Talisman/spell, and these Runes are hard to come across in bulk. They should actually be worth more...but no one would buy any Rune for over 1k each.

Glad you guys like it ::' For some reason I enjoy being a perfectionist about maknig guides, and enjoy making them. Tell me if I've made any spelling errors or mistakes in my guide if anyone finds any please. O:)

Also, I've just finished it completely, added nifty little cross-staves at the top too lol :P

1. [*:1kdpzbyf]definately -> definitely

[*:1kdpzbyf]neclace -> necklace

[*:1kdpzbyf]Al-Karid -> Al Kharid

[*:1kdpzbyf]hte -> the

[*:1kdpzbyf]alter -> altar

Thieving is another skill that simply unlocks things for you

Excellent guide. I tried this out myself before and was quite disappointed by the PURE ess requirement. If there was a steady market for this I might actually consider it. If they only required regular ess then I would do it for my own use.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Nice guide, making combo runes is kinda fun. I can remember that in jagex knowledge base the exp per rune differs. So making lava runes at the fire altar gives more or less exp than making lava runes at the earth altar. You might have to look into that so you could add the amount of exp gained as well.

I was wondering, why cant you make smoke runes at the fire alter?

You make them at the air alter which makes the process a tad slower, wouldnt it work at the fire alter?

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

The Dueling Arena bank is a far walk, while the Castle Wars bank is right there.

Edit: Fixed the spelling in my guide, the picture, and fixed up the Smoke Runes method :wink: Also changed the Mud Rune method, you no longer need to have done Recipe for Disaster.

Thanks.

Glad you guys like it ::' For some reason I enjoy being a perfectionist about maknig guides, and enjoy making them. Tell me if I've made any spelling errors or mistakes in my guide if anyone finds any please. O:)

Woot! Very Nice Guide, And Welcome to the 1000+ Guide, You will notice a special forums for us.../sarcasm

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

put this one in the vault of knowledge :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I just finished adding that alternate route in ::'

I still suggest using Draynor and Glories however for now. Until someone tests out which is faster, Draynor method or Varrock method.

• 2 weeks later...

A separate topic posting of the same guide is a no-no. Recombined threads. - staff.

delete30vo4.pngCategoriesdelete30vo4.png

~Press Control F to have the search option come up, then type in the box provided, the category you want to view. Make sure you type it exactly as it appears below. (It's quicker than just scrolling down and looking for the category)~

1. Lava Runes

2. Steam Runes

3. Smoke Runes

4. Mud Runes

5. Dust Runes

6. Mist Runes

Quest requirement for all combination runes: Lunar Diplomacy

Magic requirement for all combination runes: 82

Notes

~ With the new Lunar Diplomacy quest and Magic Imbue spell, combination Runes are now actually worth it to Runecraft. Not for the experience however, but these Runes are now easy enough to Runecraft for pking or anything of the sort. ::'

~ For Mud Runes, you can sacrifice an essence for a Lumbridge teletablet and a Dueling Ring if you have any.

~ You cannot make doubles of these Runes, it's only 1 Rune per essence.

~ You need Pure essence to make combination Runes.

~ Binding Necklaces are a MUST. Without them, you can still fail at combining your Runes.

~ You can sacrifice some items for others if you can't get them for some reason. Like the Fire Tiara, you can just use an Elemental Talisman, but remember, you lose 1 essence by doing that.

~ You can use Boots of Lightness so you don't run out of Energy too fast. Also, the higher the Agility level the better. And the less weight carried, the better.

~ Energy Potions are not required, but they definately make your Runecrafting much faster.

~ You can also switch around the Runes and Tiaras to use, and use the corresponding Altars, but the ones I decided are the fastest routes.

~ See the Crafting Guide on how to make Tiaras, Dueling Rings, and Binding Neclaces.

~ You have a very short length of time to make combination Runes after you cast the spell, you will have to click mega fast to try getting all of your essence done with 1 cast. Occasionally, it will take 2 casts :?

1. Lava Runes rune_lava.png

Required Runecrafting level: 23

Required Combination Runes: Earths and Fires

Required Items

-Dueling Ring

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Fire Tiara

-Binding Neclace

Lava Runes are by far the fastest to Runecraft, they have the easiest route because of Dueling Rings. The method to Runecraft these are quite simple, and will get you nearly 100 Lava Runes every 2.5 minutes.

Method

4-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Earth Runes on the Fire Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

6-Repeat.

rcguide1cn7.png

2. Steam Runes rune_steam.png

Required Runecrafting level: 19

Required Combination Runes: Waters and Fires

Required Items

-Dueling Ring

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Fire Tiara

-Binding Neclace

Steam Runes are by far also the fastest to Runecraft, they have the easiest route because of Dueling Rings. The method to Runecraft these are quite simple, and will get you nearly 100 Steam Runes every 2.5 minutes. These are probably the most useful Runes, mostly for Ancient Mages.

Method

4-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Water Runes on the Fire Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

6-Repeat.

rcguide5om3.png

3. Smoke Runes rune_smoke.png

Required Runecrafting level: 15

Required Combination Runes: Airs and Fires

Required Items

-Dueling Ring

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Fire Tiara

-Binding Neclace

These Runes are also fast to Runecraft. This combination is also one of the more useful ones.

Method

~Starting at Castle Wars bank Chest~

4-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Air Runes on the Fire Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

6-Repeat.

rcguide2yv4.png

4. Mud Runes rune_mud.png

Required Runecrafting level: 13

Required Combination Runes: Waters and Earths

Required Items

-Super Energy

-Astral Runes

-Fire Runes

-Water Staff

-Water Tiara

-Binding Neclace

This Rune is the slowest to Runecraft of them all. It's also not all that worth it because you could just buy a Mud Staff and use it instead, for infinite Waters and Earths. As an alternate route, if you have Lumbridge teletablets, you can carry a Dueling Ring and a teletablet with you. After you make your Runes, you would then teleport back to Castle Wars, withdraw essence, teleport to Lumbridge, and repeat.

Another route is to teleport back to Draynor bank using Glory Amulets, and run back to the Water Altar, which is also fast. However, you'll need many Glorys and access to the Hero's Guild if you're planning on making a lot of Runes.

If Draynor and Lumbridge Swamps just aren't your style, then you could use the Earth Altar near Varrock, although it's pretty much the same speed. You would require Varrock teletablets and a Dueling Ring. (Teleport to Varrock, run to Earth Altar, use essence, teleport to Castle Wars bank Chest, repeat) However, I suggest using the Draynor/Lumbridge method.

Method

~Starting at Draynor bank~

2-Head south east towards the Water Altar in the Lumbridge Swamps. Enter it.

3-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Earth Runes on the Water Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

4-When you've used your essence up that was on you, exit the altar and run back towards Draynor bank.

5-Repeat.

rcguide6iu1.png

5. Dust Runes rune_dust.png

Required Runecrafting level: 10

Required Combination Runes: Airs and Earths

Required Items

-Super Energy

-Astral Runes

-Water Staff

-Air Tiara

-Binding Neclace

This Rune is also fairly slow to make, and it's also not so useful unless you're casting Earth spells. Alternatively, instead of Runecrafting these, you can kill level 41 Flesh Crawlers in the Stronghold of Security for them. They are a fairly common drop.

Method

3-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Earth Runes on the Air Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

4-When you've used your essence up that was on you, exit the altar and run North back to Falador East Bank.

5-Repeat.

rcguide3si2.png

6. Mist Runes rune_mist.png

Required Runecrafting level: 6

Required Combination Runes: Airs and Waters

Required Items

-Super Energy

-Astral Runes

-Fire Staff

-Air Tiara

-Binding Neclace

This Rune too, is slow to make, but a tiny bit faster than some of the others. Again, not so useful unless you're doing Water spells.

Method

3-When inside, cast the Magic Imbue spell, and use your Water Runes on the Air Altar. Do this with the essence inside the Pouches too.

5-Repeat.

rcguide6sm4.png