J35u5_M4

1.- The Combat Triangle

First you need to know the "Combat Triangle":

combattrianglewi3.gif

The Warrior beats the Archer

The Archer beats the Mage

The Mage beats the Warrior

2.- The F2P PKing - The Basics

Now we know what is the Combat Triangle, we can start PKing in the F2P worlds, so lets start

2-1.- The Combat Styles

Melee:

Melee is the Combat Style of Warriors, You need a lvl 50 Attack, lvl 50 Strenght and lvl 50 Defence yo pk with this skill, to pk in wild you should have this equipment if you are going to kill by the Melee Way:

Head (Helmet): Rune Full Helm

Neck (Necklace): Amulet Of Power

Chest (Platemail): Rune Platebody

Legs (Platelegs): Rune Platelegs

Hands (Gloves): Gloves (The gloves who got color)

Feet (Boots): Fighting Boots/Colorfull Boots

Right Hand (Weapon): Rune Scimitar, because is the faster weapon in F2P that have a nice Attack, Use Rune Scimitar is just a suggestion

Left Hand (Shield): Rune Kiteshield

Neck (Cape): Every cape is usefull, because they give the same bonus

Left Hand's Finger (Ring): You dont need a ring, because the rings in F2P worlds dont give Bonus

Back (Arrows): If you are going to kill just by the melee way, you dont need Arrows

Inventory: Full of cooked Losbters

Ranged:

Ranged is the style of combat that will make a little hole in your pocket, because in wilderness you will not have time to pick up your arrows back,You need a lvl 50 Ranged or more to PK with this Skill, if you are going to kill by the Ranged Way, use this equipment:

Head (Cloth): Coif

Neck (Necklace): Amulet Of Power or Amulet Of Accuracy

Chest (Cloth): Green Dragon Hide Body

Legs (Chaps): Green Dragon Hide Chaps

Hands (Vambraces): Green Dragon Hide Vambraces

Feet (Boots): Leather Boots (NOT THE STRONGHOLD OF SECURITY'S BOOTS, BECAUSE THE BONUS LOW YOUR TANGED AND MAGIC)

Right Hand (Weapon): Maple Shortbow, because is like a scimmy, the faster weapon in F2P with a good attack

Left Hand (Shield): Nothing, because you cant use a shield with a bow

Left Hand's Finger (Ring): You dont need a ring, because the rings in F2P worlds dont give Bonus

Back (Arrows): Use Adamant Arrows (200) if you got money, if you dont got much money buy Steel or Mithril Arrows (400 Steel or 300 Mithril)

Inventory: Full of cooked Lobsters

Magic:

The magic is the skill that will burn your pocket, because the runes are spensive, but the reward is nice if you dont get killed, is you are going to PK with Magic skill you need lvl 59 Magic or more and I suggest this equipment:

Head (Hat): Wizard's Hat

Neck (Necklace): Amulet Of Magic

Chest (Robes): Wizard Robes

Legs (Robes): Monk's Robe, if you dont have these use a Priest Grown

Hands (Gloves): Use clor gloves

Feet (Boots): Leather Boots

Right Hand (Weapon): Fire Staff, Air Staff, Water Staff or Earth Staff

Left Hand (Shield): You can use Nothing or a Rune Kiteshield

Back (Arrows): Dont use arrows if you are goin to kill by Magic Way

Inventory: The needed runes and cooked Lobsters

Three Combat Styles:

This is the best (I think) style of PK, The Triple-Style, because you can fight everything and have a little defence of everything, if you are going to kill by this way use this equipment:

Head (---): Wizard's Hat

Neck (---): Amulet Of Power

Chest (---): Rune Platemail

Legs (---): Green Dragon Hide Chaps

Hands (---) Every type of gloves except leather gloves

Feet (---): Leather Boots and Fighting Boots/Colorful Boots

Right Hand (---): Start by your favority way to kill (Melee, Ranged or Magic) with the respective weapon

Left Hand (---): Rune Kiteshield in Melee & Magic, in ranged nothing

Neck (---): Every cape is usefull, because they give the same bonus

Left Hand's Finger (---): You dont need a ring, because the rings in F2P worlds dont give Bonus

Back (Arrows): Use Adamant Arrows (200) if you got money, if you dont got much money buy Steel or Mithril Arrows (400 Steel or 300 Mithril)

Inventory: All the staffs, maple shortbow, the runes you need to magic, runes to make 1 teleport spell if you are getting owned, rune scimitar, and the rest of the inventory cooked lobster

2-2 Tactics

You can use a lot of tactics, but the three you will really need to use will be these:

"The Protect" tactic: When you are against a Mage, Warrior or Archer you will need to protect from him/her, then you use the respective Portect Prayer

"The Coward" tactic: This tactic can save you from get owned, to use it just use a teleport spell when you are nearby to death and you have run-out of lobster

"The Smart" tactic: If you got a nice brain use the prayers: Steel Skin all the time, Ultimate Strenght and Incredible Reflexes when you are killing by Melee, Eagle Eye when you are killing by range and Mystic Might when you are killing by Magic, if you run out of prayer points, get back to Varrock and recharge them (Use teleport to varrock to dont have battles)

3.- Credits

Runescape Website (I get the Combat Triangle Image there)

And to you people for reading this :D

Happy PKing :D

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

im not f2p but it looks useful even for p2p

one thing though im not sure if u wanted to be a really good f2p pure u'd have the 50 attack and def but. Maybe 40 def and 40 attack aswell as 60 stregnth. Or ur ratio of strength to attack and def would be higher

nice guide =P~

ive quit because of the dumb side of the RS community, not because i play too much (like 1 hour a day)

rareszg0.png

dont get lured!

No!! i forget posting that the Melee way need to use Strenght Potions, well ya know now, and i think 50 in all is good, because i'm saying in what lvl u can statr pking, if u want make ur way the important thing is u fell confort with what r u doing, thats ony a suggestion

I don't like the guide, sorry. I have my reasons:

...You could pk at any level, as long as you pk people around your level :roll:

Protection prayers are useless, it only slows down the fight

Those tactics... They really aren't so useful.

Steel or mith arrows are fairly useless anyhow, not even addy is especially good.

There are LOTS of typos

You aren't allowed to use images from http://www.runescape.com (Don't know if it applies only for fansites... But anyway)

You haven't said a word about WHO, WHERE, and HOW you should pk.

There's nothing about solo pking / team pking

All it says are outfits really.

Those are my thoughts so far... I'm sure I could find more

Uular

Uula.png

2-2 Tactics

You can use a lot of tactics, but the three you will really need to use will be these:

"The Protect" tactic: When you are against a Mage, Warrior or Archer you will need to protect from him/her, then you use the respective Portect Prayer

"The Coward" tactic: This tactic can save you from get owned, to use it just use a teleport spell when you are nearby to death and you have run-out of lobster

get rid of that noob [cabbage]

soulthresher.png

Steel or mith arrows are fairly useless anyhow, not even addy is especially good.

There are LOTS of typos

You aren't allowed to use images from http://www.runescape.com (Don't know if it applies only for fansites... But anyway)

Uular

Take it easy is my first guide

If you are so angry for my guide help me to finish it and, I wrote that the image I get it from the runescape site

1/10, sorry, very poor guide.

-Most of the information you put on there is known by everyone, not just pkers.

-It's more of a combat guide than a pking guide since you neglect to put a lot of vital points such as training locations, pking locations, strategy etc.

-Some of the info is just plain wrong. If someone followed your advice and made a melee pker with 50-50-50 they would get owned, and lose full rune in the process.

-50 range is terrible, unless you plan to pk full iron. Also you didn't even note that with 51 range you can hit an extra damage point. It almost seems like you just picked convenient numbers for all of this and didn't plan it out at all.

-59 magic is a bare bare minimum. Except for very low level pkers I can't imagine who would go and pk with just 59 magic since half of their fire blasts will simply fail, and the rest will hit low.

-You didn't mention prayer at all then all of a sudden at the bottom you try to persuade everyone to use all of the protect and enhancer abilities when pking. Nevermind the fact that you won't even last through a fight with this method and it'll totally screw your combat level :roll:

-Your equipment recommendations are bad. They're very expensive and some are even hard to obtain, and in the end their bonuses and penalties will actually cancel each other out. Pick either armor, range gear, or wizard outfits otherwise go "naked".

Doesn't even matter that this is your first guide, if it's going to be like this why did you even bother to post it before making sure it was more complete? And yeah if all of us did pitch in a lot of time and effort to improve it, we'll just end up with an alternate copy of Xpensiv's guide to pking in Graveyard Discussion which is very good. Please delete your post.

Wow you guys are being a bit harsh. For this being his first guide I'd say it was quite good and very informative. Pics would be nice, Just slowly work and update the guide and it will be very good. Well done =D>

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png

I don't see the point of using coloured gloves as leather gloves gives the same stat bonuses and coloured gloves are more expensive to replace if lost

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I don't see the point of using coloured gloves as leather gloves gives the same stat bonuses and coloured gloves are more expensive to replace if lost

Indeed. And for the multi-pker he says use any glove but leather gloves. The only others ones are vambraces seing colored gloves have same stats as leather ones.

can anybody say something good?????

This is my first guide and I didnt know that the coloured gloves give the same bonus of the leather

Before you write a guide, make sure that the information is correct. We are here to tell you what's wrong, not to write the guide for you. We give you advice, and you follow that advice if you agree. You've gotten lots of ideas from some people, now it's just up to you if you want to improve your guide or just throw it away.

Uula.png

K honestly no one cares if this is your first guide, it doesn't even reach the bare minimum for a guide, not only lacking tons of information, but also just providing WRONG information.

Imagine if you read a someone's first mining guide and it just said:

"You need a pickaxe to mine. There are different ores. Some are harder to mine. To get to lvl 99 you should mine clay with bronze pick it's the best."

This is the equivalent pking guide, it's absolutely, hands-down terrible in every way. I'm sorry, we can't forgive you for that, scrap it and maybe try it again after doing your research.

well all i can say is it is good if its what your looking for, a rune pure in f2p should have 40def since there are no helms, if they're not a ruen pure then 50-50-50stats would not work for they would get owned by rnagers/magers and alot of meleers.this guide shows older pking(some of you know what i am talking about). maybe if this guide were to be changed and morphed into something like slayer, or combat training it would be good, also even for a first guide it is less then average and needs alot of work, reasons have been posted above me.

if you make another guide amke sure it takes someone 50minutes to read it and proof read it to and have 10+pics. ::'

mages use ant dragon shield - no magic attack change

rangers ususlly use rune full helms - who cares about -2 range bonus?

leather gloves and coloured gloves give same bonuses

Antifire shields weigh 6+ kg, so it's not so good

Why use rune full helm, if it lowers range attack and magic defense, sisnce you shouldn't attack melees anyhow (in f2p)

Coif increases range attack AND magic defense, so it's better

Bu t you're correct about the gloves ::'

Uula.png

There are LOTS of typos

Uular

ditto
deathnotesignature.png