The Abyss: A complete runecrafting guide (AoW Disccusion)

mario_sunny

Tip.It staff note: This guide has been copied to the Archive of Wisdom http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=637671

This original topic is for replies to the author and discussion.

poopbannermk8.png

Hi everyone,

This guide is not up-to-date as you may have already realized. Because I have found another activity that is not only more profitable, but more exciting that runecrafting, I can no longer call myself an 'expert' at abyssal runecrafting.

Therefore, I am passing on the guide to anyone who wishes to not only bring this guide out of the dark ages, but constantly update it as abyssal runecrafting changes, or new things are discovered. Because I love this guide so much, and have spend dozens of hours writing, screenshotting, and interviewing, I don't want this to fall into incompetant hands.

If you feel you are worthy of such a task, please private message me explaining why you think you are fit for the job. If you do happen to be accepted, I only ask that you credit me somewhere in the guide for being the original author. You will probably have to make another topic when I send you the code.

Table of Contents

I. Before You Start[s001]

II. Equipment, Inventory, and Extra Items[s002]

III. The Mage's Miniquest[s003]

IV. Enemies of the Abyss[s004]

V. Procedures[s005]

VI. Strategies and Tips[s006]

VII. Item Dictionary[s007]

VIII. Closing[s008]

Because this guide is rather large I have installed a finding system. Press control-F on your keyboard and type in the keywords of the certain section you wish to go to(i.e. [bBB1](including the bracets)), and your computer will automatically find those words and scroll you down to that section.

I. Before You Start

[s001]

Information about the abyss

abyssnoteditez4.png

(All credit toward tip.it for map)

Introduction

Tired of going back and forth to that fire altar? Is this you?

firealtarca8.png

You're barely making any profit and it gets incredibly boring! Well then why not try out the abyss? The abyss introduces a new way for runecrafters to make double or more the money they would normally make just regularly crafting natures. Don't be fooled though, the abyss does come with some dangerous factors. To enter the abyss you must not only have the right equipment, but you must dodge and avoid nasty pkers and abyssal monsters in a multicombat zone. Don't worry though, this guide will tell you everything you need to know about being safe and still making a great profit in the abyss!

Gp per hour

If you get fast and know what you're doing, you can seriously make this much profit per hour:

44-49 runecrafting: 180-200K

50-74 runecrafting: 250-280K

75-90 runecrafting: 350-390K

91-99 runecrafting: 900K-1M

Of course these statistics are arguable, but this will give you the general gp per hour. Certain factors can change these statistics; buying price of pure essence, selling price of nature runes, ect. Read on to see how you can become an abyssal crafter today, and even if you've been doing this for a while, you might find some helpful hints that you don't know already.

Requirements and recommendations

Level requirements

Your levels have to be rather high to survive the dangers inside and outside of the abyss. Check out the level requirements and be sure you have them before going on. Note: you may stumble upon other small level recommendations in this guide, these are just the most important.

rcingju1.png 44+ runecrafting- To make any good money in the abyss it is highly recommended you have 44 runecrafting. If you don't you have four options to train. The first and cheapest would be simply mining/buying your own rune ess and crafting airs over and over. I found this very slow, but affordable. The second-cheapest way is fast fire crafting, a small guide can be found here. If you really want to get to 44 fast you should try world 16. For more information visit the Fast Free Cash / Airs World 16 thread on the runescape forums. One of the fastest ways to train runecrafting in runescape is fast free laws. For more information visit the Fast Free Laws World 66 thread on the runescape forums.

defwt0.png 50+ defense- Defense is very important in the abyss. Not only do you need defense for blocking those nasty magic spells from pkers and other attacks, but you also need it for what lies inside the abyss. Dangerous creatures would rip you apart if you defense was any lower.

rangelf4.png 40+ range- Range is important in the abyss just as defense. You use this stat to wear dragon hide, an important piece of equipment in the abyss. It is highly recommended you have 40 range so you can wear green dragon hide at least. 50, 60, and 70 are even better levels.

magicnv2.png 40+ magic- Magic will be used here as not offensive, but defensive. It has been tested and proven that the higher your magic the less a magic spell will hit. Basically magic will be used as a secondary defense.

miningcz1.png 40+ mining- Although mining and agility arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t as important as the three listed above, they do affect your overall speed. Throughout the abyss you will come across obstacles such as the mining rock, which you will have to mine to pass through. How fast you mine this rock depends on your mining level.

agilityqf4.png 40+ agility- Throughout the abyss you will come across obstacles such as the agility gap. How fast you get through this gap depends on your agility level, so the higher the better. Agility also helps in replenishing energy. The higher your agility level the faster your energy replenishes, a very helpful feature.

combatdb5.png Combat- Combat is actually a key factor here. For if you remember, once you enter the wilderness there are certain levels of the wilderness where only certain levels of pkers can attack you. The recommendations are combat 60-70 and combat 120-126. Now the combat requirements are a strange thing, but you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to worry if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have them. I am personally a level 90, which puts me in a position where I will have a lot of pkers. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s okay though, these requirements are only for people who are that level and shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t change it. The average pker level range, as you can already see, is 70-120. There are occasional 120+, 69-ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâs, but they are quite rare and/or harm

Quests

Quest Requirements

The only quest that is recommended is HeroÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s quest. There are several other level and questpoint requirements for this quest though. After completion of the quest you have access to the guild, where the all-famous fountain of heroes lay. This is the only place in runescape where you can recharge your glories, free of charge.

The fountain of Heroes

The fastest way to the fountain of heros is via the POH in Taverly. If your house is in Taverly you can easily grab the runes, teleport to your house, and exit. Once outside you should follow the path north until you hit the heros guild. Another route, only slightly slower, is using a games necklace(for more information see Inventory and extra items. Rub the necklace to teleport to the burthrope games room and head up two flights of stairs. From here head out of the castle going south, pass the pub and the fighters, and you will eventually hit the heros guild.

gamesnecklaceteleportmekc8.png

burthropemappq6.png

Once you enter the HeroÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s guild you should go down the ladder in the corner. Then follow the tunnel until you hit the end. Go into another smaller tunnel where the ground turns slightly yellower and you will come across the fountain. Right click on one of your glories and use it on the fountain. Just using one on the fountain will do, all of them will recharge automatically. Be sure that you have all your glories in your inventory, check your neck space and make sure there are no glories there. All your glories should read now ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅAmulet of Glory(4)ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with blof that ring of life has saved my pouches and hides many

times when i have been poisoned and got teled to fala drop stuff and pick

it up efter dying. (i made around 30k nats trough abyys before quitting rs)

ive seen whole groups of rc pkers on the vancuover/stockholm/sydney worlds lol, proves a point. (not being racist, its true.). nice guide, home tele tabs > any other 1 click 1space teleport. if you die in your house, or leave your house poison goes away, and you can recharge prayer in there to go back and fight, and you can glory back to edge in there easily with high enough construction. ring of life hinders more than it helps in alot of cases. also rcing on world 18 actually helps, might sound crazy because its a popular pk world - but most rc pkers except really dumb ones ice bursting in their ghostly/monk robes stay away from it, and most pkers on that world dont bother with rcers/are meleers anyway, and the rc pkers are scared of that world. only problem is, if a pker gets bored and has been seeing you, if they decide to kill you chances are theyll get out ahrims + teleblock + other good stuff and theres a high chance of dying. also, avoid worlds where nat running services are happening - people sometimes track down nat services to rc pk their runners. also i started forgetting doing it so i stopped doing it after awhile, but excalibur speccing in the bank helps a tiny tiny bit.

V. Procedures

[s005]

The Abyss

Introduction

Now if you have all the necessary requirements and are positive you are ready to move on you should start to learn the procedures while runecrafting through the abyss.

Now I know this might seem a bit confusing at first, but bear with me because I will explain it in detail soon.

Edgeville map

edgevillemapzf1.png

White line: General path

Cyan star Edgeville glory teleport arrival point

Red star: Restocking and storing supplies

Purple stars: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâMagicÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ spots(explained later)

Orange circle: General zamorak mage area

Red line: East path

Blue line: North path option A

Green line: North path option B

Yellow: North path option C

Orange circle: General zamorak mage area

The abyss and nature altar map

abyssnoteditez4.png

naturealtarit7.png

Cyan square: Abyss nature altar destination

Blue square: Nature altar

Step by step procedures

Restocking and storing supplies

(Red star)

threepouchesnotdonebanktl3.png

Your inventory should look like this when you enter the bank(the number of natures and pouches depending on your runecrafting level). If you have just started skip the step of storing your nature runes. Turn your camera view so north is facing up on your compass.

Try to do this fast, if you practice you can get really good at right and left clicking here. First store your natures if you have any from the previous trip.

Option A: Two pouch users

Withdraw ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅallÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

First of all, great guide. I think lots of people will find it extremely useful. There is one thing worth mentioning though, in the rare occasion that you KNOW you are going to die you can drop all your pouches, then all your rcing equipment (glory first and to make room for d hide etc... drop a few essence). As soon as your character bites the dust run from your respawn point (lumby or fally) to the closest bank, grab your glory, teleport to edge, quickly bank the glory, and then run to wear your pile should've appeared and then pick up all your stuff keeping in mind which item has the more importance. The chances are the RC PKers will go back to Edge and start scratching their heads on why your glory had not appeared.

Once again, brilliant guide :3> .

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

Ring of life < Dueling ring

Thirdly, the most argued one, the ring of life. Now after much thinking, I have come to the conclusion that in my opinion the ring of life should not be worn, it should be replaced with the oh so helpful ring of dueling. First of all, when you really need to get out of a tight situation, the pker will once again kill you so fast that the ring has barely enough time to tele you away to safety. As I mentioned earlier too, the dds poisons. Even if you end up in lumbridge with 5hp left your skrewed. You canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make it to the bank in that time, you just try if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t believe me. A ring of dueling is helpful if you forgot to switch your glory, and you are stuck in that altar in the middle of the jungle! The jungle poisons, and it is quite a walk to Shilo Village. A ring of dueling is very helpful because it contains 8 charges, and only costs 5k.

The ring of life does help your chances of surviving, of course it is a very small chance that you will be below 10% of your total hitpoints, but there still is a chance. The only reason people wear a ring of dueling is incase they forget their charged glory amulet, they don't have to walk to the bank Shilo Village. If you do forget your charged glory amulet, why not just use your ectophial or tele tablet? I'm sure you can sacrifice about 7 seconds of running to a bank for a chance at surviving. RC Pkers don't 'have to' use a weapon with poison, alot of pkers will stand back and continuously cast ice barage on you (although this is complete stupidity, it happens). For lower levels, there are not many RC PKers around their level anyway, the abyssal monsters are their main threat. The abyssal monsters hit small, perfect for the ring of life.

There are also a few suggestions in my Abyssal Runecrafting Guide here: My Guide To The Abyss

EDIT: I just remembered the new Lumbridge Home Port teleport, which requires no runes. This can be used to teleport to a bank if you forget to bring a charged glory amulet, another altarnative to wasting a small chance at surviving with the ring of life. This way also saves you having to waste a teleport tablet, which can be a pain to make. :|

wow nice guide i rc alot and i die..alot lol i usually dont have alot of money to buy me stuff back so i borrows freinds then i dont have as much money for the sold nats...this will chage it ty man for a pretty goood guide(coulda used maybe 1 or 2 pics tho) =D>

wow nice guide i rc alot and i die..alot lol i usually dont have alot of money to buy me stuff back so i borrows freinds then i dont have as much money for the sold nats...this will chage it ty man for a pretty goood guide(coulda used maybe 1 or 2 pics tho) =D>

I was thinking about pics, I'll try to add some soon. Thanks for the nice compliment :mrgreen:

dangsig.png

As a firm supporter of the abyss, I like this guide :)

I do disprove however with the 'no need for food'. One shark, one ectovial is my method. Rangers will never kill you if you tele asap [i usually dont even bother and stick it through, Although i'm not a combateer] first, Nor meleers.

You have one/Two threats: Mages. Ancienteers think they're brilliant, they're using ancients. It isnt all that great. You just ecto vial as soon as you see the <>. The biggest/Only threat is the occasional Teleblocker who teleblocks first *then* snares. If they're lucky, you'll be stuck. In this case the extra 22hp of a tuna potatoe is enough to save you quite often, especially with my 72hp, it makes a large difference for the flee south. Mostly the problem with deaths isnt the glory, it's the dam pouches that take ages to get if you're unlucky like me :)

My kit: God cape, god book [optional], Ghost robes, light boots. This is my upgrade from light boots, fremmy shield, and blk dragon top which i've decided was overkill now that i'm a higher level :)

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t kill me! Kill the guy in front of me!

One semi rare occasions, a fellow rcer is crafting with you that happens to be around your level, and there just happens to be a pker your level. Follow the rcer into the wilderness. When you pass by the pker, he is more likely to attack the person who pops up first on his screen. Once the poor rcer has been attacked, run like hell to the mage so the pker does not have a chance to attack you.

wrong when i rc pked days ago if ones were following i would always go for the one following because the one in front got attacked by tons of skeltons

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t kill me! Kill the guy in front of me!

One semi rare occasions, a fellow rcer is crafting with you that happens to be around your level, and there just happens to be a pker your level. Follow the rcer into the wilderness. When you pass by the pker, he is more likely to attack the person who pops up first on his screen. Once the poor rcer has been attacked, run like hell to the mage so the pker does not have a chance to attack you.

wrong when i rc pked days ago if ones were following i would always go for the one following because the one in front got attacked by tons of skeltons

I didn't say this happened all the time now did I? :P

EDIT: Version 2.1 is up... ton more pics and suggestions

dangsig.png

First of all, I'd just like to say Great guide! Just one question. What type of d hide do you think I should wear? if i can wear up to black.

You should wear the highest D-hide you can wear, which in your case is black. Wearing black d-hide protects you from the PKers and the abyssal monsters. If you wear something lower, you can attract PKers standing in Edgeville bank because they think you're an easy target.

imo ancient mages are the least dangerous because they cant teleblock. world 18 = the most popular world for good pkers, most of them meleers, some ancient mages and tank rangers, a regular mage there would get owned fast = you cant die when rcing really because rc pkers with teleblock avoid that world, UNLESS a meleer or tank ranger on regulars who is bored decides to get out mage gear, and as i said before if they do get out mage gear they usually know what to do. you can get food wasted by 1 itemers who want to prove how cool they are by attacking anyone they can who isnt properly equipped then running out the wild till their skull fades, though.

Great guide!!!!!

I wish I read this b4 i got rced pked yesterday and lost glory, and medium pouch......

I would suggest elf tele crystal.. it has 3 charges and is easier to recharge then ecto... the reason why I died was cuz I forgot elf crystal....

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Great guide!!!!!

I wish I read this b4 i got rced pked yesterday and lost glory, and medium pouch......

I would suggest elf tele crystal.. it has 3 charges and is easier to recharge then ecto... the reason why I died was cuz I forgot elf crystal....

I'll have to disagree with you. The elf crystal has three charges max and costs money to recharge. You also must walk to the elves who enchant it, and even though they are not that far away from the elf city, sometimes you have to wait 5 minutes for them to return. Ectophial has unlimited teleports and is free. It is also right beside a bank, and the quests to use it are extremely easy. The elf crystal on the other hand requires that you complete a rather challenging long storyline of the plague, including Underground Pass.

And thank you for the compliment :D

dangsig.png

when mentioning normal mages, and talking about how deadly tele blocks are, you said that you get ice bursted... now, i'm pretty sure normal mages can't use ancient magicks (unless you were talking about there being 2 people) other than that, awesome guide :thumbsup: btw, should i craft chaos or somthing else on my way to 44 rc?

Yayyyyyy...

when mentioning normal mages, and talking about how deadly tele blocks are, you said that you get ice bursted... now, i'm pretty sure normal mages can't use ancient magicks (unless you were talking about there being 2 people) other than that, awesome guide :thumbsup: btw, should i craft chaos or somthing else on my way to 44 rc?

Oops. Sorry that must've been from deleting and editing... I'll get that out of there. :oops:

There use to be just 'avoiding mages' but I decided to split it up into two. I guess I forgot to delete some portions. Thanks for noticing that.

On your way to 44, I did air crafting. Either solo or world 16.

dangsig.png

You should also add that sometimes abbyss pkers dress up as the mage of zamorak. I almost got pked because of that. :wall:

This has never happened to me personally or o anyone I've heard of, but I'll look into it. :D

dangsig.png

You should also add that sometimes abbyss pkers dress up as the mage of zamorak. I almost got pked because of that. :wall:

This has never happened to me personally or o anyone I've heard of, but I'll look into it. :D

Ok, I could take a screeny next time it happens to me if you'd like.

Ok, I could take a screeny next time it happens to me if you'd like.

dangsig.png