Guide to Agility from Lvl 1 to 70 and Beyond!

Zandalf

Intro

This guide assumes youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve read the various guides out there and know the basics. The point of this guide is to give you an efficient path to high agility. Many guides (including the one on tip.it) give you tons of information, but little guidance. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s where I come in.

My guide is primarily focused on getting you to level 70 because that, in my opinion, is the most useful Agility level to get if you're not a total Agility junkie. But of course, there is plenty of advice for getting from 70-99 as well.

General tips

•  

[*:2kvoee71]Wear boots of lightness. And your hunter cape if you can (cape - thanks zsandmann).

[*:2kvoee71]If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re doing a course, do the course. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t try doing a single obstacle over and over. It ainÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t doing you much good.

[*:2kvoee71]Use regular cakes as food. For several reasons explained later.

Level 1 to Level 32

This, unfortunately, is the boring part (or at least the first of several boring parts). The only place to train Agility at this level is at the Gnome course. The good news is that you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t fail any obstacles. The bad news is that youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have to go around a total of 192 times. Oy! DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t waste any genie lamps on the skill yet (or ever really), because at your level, a lamp is the equivalent of only one or two laps. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll find a fun way to alleviate the boredom is to race people, and this theme will come up again a bit later.

At level 20 youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll get a somewhat confusing message saying you can now do ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Ålow level obstaclesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intro

This guide assumes youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve read the various guides out there and know the basics. The point of this guide is to give you an efficient path to high agility. Many guides (including the one on tip.it) give you tons of information, but little guidance. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s where I come in.

My guide is primarily focused on getting you to level 70 because that, in my opinion, is the most useful Agility level to get if you're not a total Agility junkie. But of course, there is plenty of advice for getting from 70-99 as well.

General tips

•  

[*:2b1oi77a]Wear boots of lightness. And your hunter cape if you can (cape - thanks zsandmann).

[*:2b1oi77a]If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re doing a course, do the course. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t try doing a single obstacle over and over. It ainÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t doing you much good.

[*:2b1oi77a]Use regular cakes as food. For several reasons explained later.

Level 1 to Level 32

This, unfortunately, is the boring part (or at least the first of several boring parts). The only place to train Agility at this level is at the Gnome course. The good news is that you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t fail any obstacles. The bad news is that youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have to go around a total of 192 times. Oy! DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t waste any genie lamps on the skill yet (or ever really), because at your level, a lamp is the equivalent of only one or two laps. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll find a fun way to alleviate the boredom is to race people, and this theme will come up again a bit later.

At level 20 youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll get a somewhat confusing message saying you can now do ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Ålow level obstaclesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

this will be very helpful if i was still a member and im 31 agility doing the gome couse and some qwest talking about somthing boring :wall::wall: but u dont take damge thats somthing good :thumbsup: \'

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

Very nice guide, makes me want to stop smithing and go train agility.

Again, wunnerful guide. =D>

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

brilliant! very well written, i read every word of that guide, a first for one that long, it's a pity i havnt got back to agility yet so i can test this, agility sounds like it jus gets more and more boring, maybe talking on msn will help?......

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

Thanks for the great guide

I replaced the cakes with some (2k) excess trout I found in my bank and trained on the agility course. I had the same idea about bringing food, pulling lever at ardo, training at wildy, dying then heading back there. Works really well

10/10

Definitely an AOW guide :D

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

I've removed the words "(aowsubmission)" from your title. All topics on this board are assumed to be submitted for AOW consideration - the ones with "AOW discussion" in the titles are already on the AOW and the topics here are to discuss those guides.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Pokemama-

Thanks! Now I can fit my exclamation point back in there ::' .

Also - should I take the "code" section out? Is the "quote" section good enough?

* Those who don't

- - -

Here's a suggestion for players who have finished RFD.

Use the monkey course.

Take ONLY monkey talisman, ape atoll tele runes (and banana), and food.

After teleporting, grab a banana from the tree, and use the course til you're out of food. Make sure the only items you have left are the talisman and banana, and use the course until you die. You respawn in falador/lumbridge, grab new runes and food and teleport back with the banana you picked up.

:)

I know it would be pretty easy to throw in an agility arena map, but I don't really want to do that. There are comprehensive guides to the arena out there --devoted entirely to that mini game -- and I don't want that to be a major focus of my guide.

But thanks for the suggestion and the support. :)

* Those who don't

- - -

I just want to say, great guide.

I used your exact guide to get from 21 agility to 42.

I just got 42, then came over to do this post.

The word "guide" really applies to this piece of writing, as it has already helped me alot.

Thanks again,

-Matt91493

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009