Guide to Power Glassmaking

Lemurian

Ah, so you have chosen to take the path of Glassmaking to that Crafting-level you seek? Have you used a calculator and found out that you need over 500 Lantern Lens for that level? Are you wondering how to make that quick?

Look no further!

Ye newe guide to Glassemakinge

Needed Items:

Money (10 times the number of glass-objects you need to make)

Glassblowing pipe

Suggested, but not needed items:

Buckets (the same number as the number of glass objects needed)

Ghosts Ahoy Quest

Ectophial

Amulet of Ghostspeak

The Main Idea:

This guide takes benefit of the Charter Traders around the world, especially the one at Catherby. They are the lucky sellers of Buckets of Sand, Soda Ash and Seaweed. It also contains some World Hopping, so you are warned there.

Beginning-method

Step 1 (The Beginninge): Go to Catherby, either via Gnome Flight to Ice Mountain or Camelot Teleport. Go to the bank and withdraw the money you need (see Needed Items). Then go out on the dock and over to the Trader Crewmember.

Step 2 (The buyinge): Buy 10 Soda Ash and 10 Buckets of Sand. Run to the bank and deposit it. Now go back and buy 20 Seaweed and 1 Bucket of Sand and 1 Soda Ash (it should have respawned). Bank again.

Step 3 (The hoppinge): Now, log off and change world. Now do Step 2 on that world (unless there are others there who are using this method, then you just change world again).

Step 4 (The repeatinge): Now you do Step 2 and Step 3 until you have used all the beginning-money.

Step 5 (The Cookinge): Now, while your in Catherby, cook all your seaweed on the Range in that house next door. Now bank. And repeat until all your Seaweed is Soda Ash. Now you should have (number of glass-items wanted) Soda Ash and Buckets of Sand.

Step 6 (The Smeltinge): It's time for smelting glass! It's best if you have done Ghosts Ahoy so that you can just Ectophial and go to the Furnace in Port Phasmythys. If you haven't go to Al Kharid and use the Furnace there. Now, no matter which you used, go to the bank and withdraw 14 Buckets of Sand and 14 Soda Ash. Go to Furnace and smelt it all so that you get 14 Empty Buckets and 14 Molten Glass. Now go to the bank and deposit all your empty buckets. Then withdraw All Soda Ash (you'll get 14 out). Deposit Molten Glass and withdraw All Buckets of Sand (you'll get 14 there too). Repeat until all of your Soda Ash have become Molten Glass and all the Buckets of Sand are Empty Buckets.

Step 7 (The Blowinge): Now, empty your inventory. Then withdraw your Glassblowing Pipe. Now withdraw All Molten Glass (you'll get 27). Now you just use the Pipe on the Molten Glass, rightclick the thing you want made and chose "Make X Items" and type in 100 or 27. Now just wait until your guy is done with them. Now bank those things and withdraw another full dose of Molten Glass. Repeat until you've blown it all.

Step 8 (The Moneye): Back to Catherby! Why? Because you have an enormous amount of glass items that you maybe don't need. Now, go to the bank and note all of the items you want to sell. Go out on the dock and sell some to Arhein. Now go to the Trader Crewmembers and sell again. But be very careful on the prize. DO NOT SELL FOR UNDER 10 COINS! Why? Because it costs you 10 coins for each piece of glass this way. If you sell for under 10, you go into a loss. The Traders have a set prize no matter the quantity, but it is rather low. It is better to place yourself near Arhein and change worlds. Got that? Great. Now change worlds and repeat until you're empty.

Round 2 Methode

This time, you use the above method, but you don't buy Buckets of Sand. Why? Because you already have a huge amount of Buckets after last turn! This time, you buy the Soda Ash and Seaweed like last time, but when you have your amount there, you go to Yanille, either by Watchtower Teleport, Fairy Ring Code CIQ or Home Teleport if you have your House in Yanille.

In Yanille, you have a Sandbox in the north-western corner. Go to the bank and empty your inventory. Now withdraw 28 Empty Buckets and run over to the Sandbox. Here I still advice you just to do 100 at a time, 'cause you need to use the Bucket on the Box each time you want it filled. When you have the same amount of Sand as Soda Ash, just follow step 6 and onwards.

Tips from readers

As I have been reminded (thank you), players who have finished The Hand In The Sand-quest can get 84 Buckets of Sand sent directly to their bankaccount by talking to Bert in Yanille, just east of the sandbox. He can also be contacted with the Lunar spell "Contact NPC" (requires Lunar Diplomacy finished) that you learn at level 67. It requires 1 astral, 1 cosmic and 1 air rune. (Thanks to starev91, coonas, Jock66600, Swordude198 and Tip.it)

At level 77 you can use the Lunar Spell "Superglass make" (also requires Lunar Diplomacy finished) which instantly turns every pair of Buckets of Sand and Soda Ash in your inventory into about 1.5 as many Molten Glass, without needing a furnace, but destroying the buckets. It requires 2 Astral Runes, 6 fire runes and 10 air, but it will affect the whole inventory. It gives 10 Crafting exp. per glass. (Thanks to Lighs and Tip.it)

That wraps it up. Now go out there and make glass!

Notes: This is my first guide, so reviews and advices are welcome. I will try to get some pictures later on.

EDIT: Guide has been changed as we now have Smelt X on glass.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

All contributions are most welcome. I was just concentrating on the way of getting materials, not the small details, so if anyone have any more tips for this guide that I might have forgotten, just post it here.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

• 5 months later...

Lemurian said

At level 77 you can use the Lunar Spell "Superglass make" (also requires Lunar Diplomacy finished) which instantly turns every pair of Buckets of Sand and Soda Ash in your inventory into about 1.5 as many Molten Glass, without needing a furnace. It requires 2 Astral Runes, 6 fire runes and 10 air, but it will affect the whole inventory. It gives 10 Crafting exp. per glass. (Thanks to Lighs and Tip.it)

For this spell - Seaweed will work just as well as Soda Ash which saves a lot of cooking time.

Helios_Gamos.png

Quod liet ingratum est; Quod non licet acrius urit.

For high level crafters, I would like to know if someone has tried power glassmaking in the city Dorgesh-Kaan under Lumby?

Those lamps give a huge amount of xp and i wonder if there's a fast way to make them too ...

I reckon it will be awesome to find a way to powerblowglass here as besides 70 crafting exp per Empty Light Orb, the Crafting guide says: " You can gain an additional 104 crafting experience by adding a Cave goblin wire to the Empty light orb. The Cave goblin wire can be pickpocketed from a Cave goblin or picked up from the wiremaking machine, which is located in the south-west side of Dorgesh-Kaan, next to the furnace/anvil.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=crafting_guide.htm"

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

As mentioned earlier,this guide cant be completed without at least mentioning the alternative ways to do it.

Which means:

1. Bert - though collecting 84 buckets a day isnt actually "power glass making".

2. Collecting sea weed in Piscatoris

3. most important - Lunar glass-making spell which definitely can save a lot of time ,quicker then smelting in furnace,both seaweed and soda ash can be used, and make 1.5 times more molten glass.

Other then that,nice job =D>

Good job

However, 1 quick suggestion.

If you want to buy buckets 2gp ea but without world hoppin so much (to use to collect sand), get out your ghostspeak amulet and go to port phaysmatis.

A shop there has 100 buckets stocked and nobody uses it except occasionally at peak times. 10 world hops and you hav 1k buckets ready!!!

My shops to help Tip.It readers exclusively!!!!!!!!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=662693

First of all, nice guide.

You might want to mention that the SuperGlass Make Spell doesn't leave you with empty buckets like normal, they're destroyed in the process.

P.S-Nice Saturos Avvie, Golden Sun ftw =)

arcanasigx2xg8.gif

One%20must%20be%20a%20wise%20reader%20to%20quote%20wisely%20and%20well..png

Dont%20cry%20because%20its%20over,%20Smile%20because%20it%20happened.png

• 2 years later...

It's not that the guide is not good but I just couldn't read it all ...

You have no pictures to show me what you're doing or anything so I got bored reading.

You should add some pictures to your guide so it becomes more clear...

Thank you, Thepr1de 44.

2rwsvao.png2nlzui0.png5ewcaq.png

Every day you can get 84 buckets of sand from Bert ofcourse, but from Ahreim on Catherby dock, you can buy 80 seaweed for a mere 2gp each, every 24 hours. Might be possible that you can't buy it the next day, just try it a bit later.

Also he sells 40 pineapples each day for 2gp ea, easy use for supercompost or pineapple pizza's.

What you could also add, is what to do with this glass. Making glass isn't great experience, nor great money to be honoust. Making orbs and charging them however is. A great way to train magic with very high profits combined.

Good luck on the guide.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg