Guide to soloing the dagganoth kings

AirlessWig

On request, a small guide on how to solo the D Kings.

Please note that this guide is ment for people who are allready experienced at the dagganoth kings but don't know how to solo them yet.

It's best that you try this out with a friend first, or with a friend as back up, waiting outside the lair in case you mess up.

Recommended stats

As you are on your own against 3 kings and a whole army of spinolyps i recommend the following stats.

80 defence

80 attack

80 strength

80 hp

70 range (crystal bow is recommended - long range, good attack)

70 mage

55 slayer (for the slayer darts, this is really a must)

60 prayer

Armour and inventory

The Inventory:

inventdkpr5.png

The superanties are a necessity, normal anties will run out way to fast.

I like to keep a balance between sarabrews and superrestores, I advise to take 4 sharks in the beginning and leave out 2 superrestores and 2 sarabrews.

The laws and airs are for teleportation and for telekinetic grab. This will be explained later on this guide.

On a busy server you can shoot up 800-900 darts before leaving the lair, on a quiet server only 400-600. So i usually take 1k of them.

I use a crystal bow, good for it's long range and high hits, as well as it's high rangebonus at full strength.

I'm wielding my whip and obby shield to save a space in my inventory, that's why i have the guthan spear there. I also need em first.

The Armour:

armourdkkh6.png

I wear full guthans with whip and obby shield spear in my inventory, Stole, god cape, infinity boots, wealth ring, or a seers ring.

Guthan > Verac > Torag with whip

Seers ring > Archers ring > Wealth

Crystal bow > Karills bow > Mage short + 200 rune arrows

Fury > Stole > Glory > (Un)holy Symbol

God cape > Fire Cape > Trimmed skillcape > Obby cape/Skillcape > Legends Cape

Crystal shield > Dragon square > Obby shield > Granite Shield > Rune kite

Barrow gloves > Rune gloves > Cooking gloves

Infinity boots > Wizard boots > mystic boots > rune boots > range boots

Getting past the doors

Even though this guide is about soloing the Kings, you still need a friend to get past the first doors, give him a few rune throwing axes. I recommend the middle door, run past the wallasalki and let your friend use the rune throwing axe specs to open the doors. After that you're on your own.

Entering the lair

Before entering the lair, make sure that you have full health, remember that sarabrews can boost you up to 10 percent of your health. Always drink a super restoredose after a few sarabrewdoses.

The sarabrew will also boost your defence. Just before entering, put on PROTECT FROM MAGIC and the +15% DEFENCEPRAYER. Drink an antipoisondose as soon as you enter.

Tackling Supreme

07mrt22082414od5.png

There is a small chance that supreme is in the middle of the room when you enter. In that case he will not attack you. I suggest you just run through to prime.

If supreme does attack you, fight him with your whip and obby shield. Keep the PROTECT FROM MAGIC prayer on at all times. Keep an eye on your health and your prayer. Don't let your prayer go below 20, your health should always be above 50.

Supreme wil hit up to 30, but with the high defence from the brews and the prayer he will not hit often.

You will most likely have prime on you as well. This is normal.

Keep an eye out for rex. You can fight 2 kings at a time, but 3 is too much. If rex comes to close, or even attacks you, climb back up the ladder and reenter a few moments later. After Supreme is down, I suggest you leave him alone for the rest of the trip, as he is very resourceconsuming. Stay close to the borders, put your + 15 defenceprayer off and move on to prime.

Tackling Prime

07mrt22082818xx5.png

Pull out your crystal bow and start ranging prime. Stick to the borders and stand away as far as possible from the ladder. Keep an eye on your prayer, but in general this king is not a hard one.

When he goes down, do not run and grab the things from the pile. Use your telegrabs, else supreme will be on you again. When prime is down, you can switch to rex and come kill him again after rex is down. When you stick to the borders and stand away as far as possible from the ladder. No other kings will attack you.

Tackling Rex

07mrt22083139iz4.png

Move on to the safespots(a few are in the screenshot) and mage rex with the slayer darts. I suggest you put your prayer off, and only use it if you have to many spinolyps on you Spinolyps will drain your prayer slowly, so make sure they don't drain it to 0 without you noticing it. You can easily mage rex from the safespots and camp out there for the rest of the trip. Heal on the spino's around you with your guthans. After you made it this far, it's just waiting for those rings and axes. After you have drunk your last antipoison, i suggest you tele out.

Tackling the spinolyps

Without the spinolyps, you could stay down there forever. They hit a max of 10, and can attack you with 8 to 10 at a time. The good thing is that they don't hit too often. they have a rangedattack and a mageattack. The crystal shield + guthans stop most of the rangedattacks, while the cape and the infinity boots stop the magic attacks. You're more vulnerable to the magic attacks though. That's why I recommend a seers ring as well. Every time a magicattack hit's you, it drains 1 prayer. The rangedattacks don't drain prayer, but poison you instead.

White dots

Always stay focussed at the screen. As soon as you see a white dot, pray magic again and put the +15def prayer on. Heal up as fast as you can. It can be another team, but there is a chance that it's a lurer. If it is a lurer, run back up the ladder when you still have enough resources. If not, i suggest that you teleport out immediately. Better safe then sorry.

Final word

This is it, please post any more questions, or suggestions here, after all this is my first guide ever.

Good luck, and let me know your experience.

All constructive criticism is welcome.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé Airlesswig

not too bad...might do it with a team one day

why the homemade 3 on rune axes?

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

Sweet guide. <3:

Only on a few points i disagree with you..

1. I would take a god cape when maging the +10 Mage attack helps a fair bit.

2. I'd take a couple more brews (Hey but thats just me :P)

I got another handy tric to enter the room for a solo mage trip.

Wheres what you do:

Go to a crowded world (like 1200-1700 ppl) and go down the ladder into the dk room there, if you're lucky there will be an other team there (if not go back op the ladder and switch world again). Just run to the mage safe spot (with mage pray and +15% def on) the other team will kill prime and supreme pretty fast. when they die log out at the mage safe spot and go to another world. Works great for me! :D

~Metal.

pi.jpg

200512ilovednboe9.jpg

..::Attack, Mage, Ranged & Hitpoints 99 | Total DK Drops: #223++::..

I'd listen to metal

And since when did they drain your pray?I've never noticed that :-k

And only take one axe cause you can leave that on the floor

And you need someone to open the doors at the start

Hope ive helped

Apcrump0.png

Im not a pro mage by any standards (only maged twice) but I do disagree with a couple things. Number one is you potion numbers. You should definitly have more super restores, less sara brews and more shark. The sara brews tend to kill your stats :P Also you dont include Obsidian shield in your shields section. This shield gives a great range defense and should not be overlooked. Prime shouldnt really get on you as long as you stay to the south when you enter. I have heard many mages want to take a cbow but I do not see the point in this. You may aswell bring a MSB and arrows due to the fact that if you are solo and you die you will lose guthans spear and helm. So either a lurer or no one will get your materials.

If anyone wants to DK sometime pm me ingame (My good comp is dead atm so i'll be back up and running in 2 days probs.) I am a hybrid and you can see my stats in my sig.

Ok, added the obby shield. I don't agree on the sarabrews though. When you are on your own you have a double amount of spino's on you and it takes double as long to kill rex and be able to heal properly with guthans. Like i said in the guide, beginners better swap a few brews for sharks but in the end, sarabrews really are the best option down there.

Thanks for the comments.

90% of the trips I do have 1 mage. I have checked their invens many times and they never have more then 4 sara brews. You get tons of food drops down there and if need be you can just heal on the spinos instead of killing rex since you dont have a group relying on you to get rex off them. As you do Dk's more and more your inven is ever changing. As for my hybrid inven it has changed probably 5 times majorly in a month. Most people find their own set up that works for them.

90% of the trips I do have 1 mage. I have checked their invens many times and they never have more then 4 sara brews. You get tons of food drops down there and if need be you can just heal on the spinos instead of killing rex since you dont have a group relying on you to get rex off them. As you do Dk's more and more your inven is ever changing. As for my hybrid inven it has changed probably 5 times majorly in a month. Most people find their own set up that works for them.

What the heck are you talking about? More Sara Brews the better. Mages need not continuously pray like the Range/Melee Hybrids.

I agree with manoman. On solo trips it's best to take around 8+ sara brews. You get owned too quickly by the spinolyps when soloing and just constantly healing with guthans wastes time. But you also need to pray so you don't waste any prayer points when you pot a super restore to get back you your original mage level.

Nice guide, put more pics in it when you get back members. Pics are good :)

And for 1k darts I usually use 2 super antis (4)

Fire Cape > Trimmed skillcape > Obby cape > Godcape > Legends Cape

IMO god cape > fire cape > trimmed skill cape > obby/reg skill cape > legends

Without god cape and all the melee armour and shield you end up with so low magic attack that you fail quite often.

Also if you see a white dot, protect from mage ASAP. Sometimes it's just soloers/team running in and they'll most likely go out and hop. If it's a lurer you can climb back up the ladder, hop and enter again. Teleporting just ruins the trip. I would say only tele when you have a lot of good drops on you or you're almost out of supplies.

And this guide focuses mostly on soloing Rex, and not every king. I would edit the title.

Just a few things I wanted to point out but overall it's a good guide :wink:

And since when did they drain your pray?I've never noticed that :-k

Since they came out as far as I know.

Hard to notice since you pray a lot of the time anyway, but this is an issue. It is slow and infrequent, but they do lower it.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Nice guide, looks a bit risky lol. I went there once with 2 friends, we planned to kill 1 each, i attacked rex so i put on protect melee, but prime attacked me anyway, hit 42 then supreme finished me off lol. lost around 200k :(

How many do u usually kill, and how many do u think i could kill in 1 trip?

My stats:

92 attack

85 strength

90 defense

74 prayer

82 mage

81 range

Ill be wearing:

guthans helm

guthans body

guthans skirt

slayer staff

obby shield

rune boots

glory ammy

rune gloves

god cape

And same invy as ur guide lists. i would use all the suggested equipment but i dont wanna risk loosing guthans pieces lol.

One more thing, how often are the good drops like rings, d axe, mud staff and seercull?

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

I take out +- 30 on a trip.

Rings, mud, axes are all 1 on 70 chance.

Seeing every king drops 3 'super'items, you should get 1 superdrop on every 25 kills(so that's a super every trip). Apart from that they drop clues, rockshell, spined, skeletal, Etcetera.

Good luck

And just so you know:

My stats

87 att

84 str

88 def

94 range

93 hp

91 magic

71 prayer

Hope this answers your questions. Good luck and let me know what you got

personally, ive always found it best for two to go in both kitted out in full hybrid gear, this way taking supreme and prime is much less resource consuming (stuff has a tendancy to go for lower levels) and with guthan, you can both stay almost indefinitly.

I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare call me drunk if i was sober!

when they die log out at the mage safe spot and go to another world. Works great for me! :D

~Metal.

No offence, But are you wanting to die? Or just not the brightest bulb...?

THE LAST PLACE you want to log is in the safespots. What happens when you login and somone is solo'ing \ duo'ing and they have prime on them. You say goodbye to a spear.

Log On the southside of the Lair, Right next to the skeleton, in High Detail, At least, IDK about Low.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

in this guide do you only kill the rex the whole time? :-s

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

when they die log out at the mage safe spot and go to another world. Works great for me! :D

~Metal.

THE LAST PLACE you want to log is in the safespots. What happens when you login and somone is solo'ing \ duo'ing and they have prime on them. You say goodbye to a spear.

Log On the southside of the Lair, Right next to the skeleton, in High Detail, At least, IDK about Low.

I guess you got one big point there, lol. :oops:

I don't really solo mage all that much only done it a couple of times. I guess I got lucky no1 ever was there when i logged on. :pray:

pi.jpg

200512ilovednboe9.jpg

..::Attack, Mage, Ranged & Hitpoints 99 | Total DK Drops: #223++::..

~Metal.

I guess you got one big point there, lol. :oops:

I don't really solo mage all that much only done it a couple of times. I guess I got lucky no1 ever was there when i logged on. :pray:

:)

Might wanna add that too the guide.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

• 1 month later...

Good guide. But do you switch off in killing Prime and Rex? Or do you just stay on Rex the whole trip?

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

Whats with so many sara brews if you are using guthans?

To me the trimmed skill cape 4+ pray and keep on mage praying and take about 3 brews and rest super restores works a lot better.

91 mage 95 def and still those mager thingies just plain kill me if i don't mage pray.

and about the shield,what kind of range defence does obsidian shield have compared to granite one?

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)