Sparty's Guide on AVOIDING F2P Rune Pkers! Pictures Galore!

sparticus348

Sparty's Guide to Avoiding Rune Pkers...F2P

Please, if you read, post!

Hi, I'm Sparticus348, a proud Rune Miner. I'm also F2P

runiteie7.png

Because I am f2p, it is very hard to mine rune. Hundreds of people wait for you to log on, and they kill you, taking all the ores you worked hard for. This guide will help you get away from the pkers, before they kill you.

Table of Contents

1. What You Need

2. Before Pkers see you...

3. Melee Pkers

4. Ranged and Mage Pkers

5. Summary of Safespots

6. Scouts

7. Final Thoughts

1.0.Things You Absolutely Need.

1. 85 Mining

2. Rune Pick

3. Armor (see 1.3)

4. Food (see 1.2)

5. Tele (Recommend Fally (Thanks Sorry)

6. 43 Prayer (optional - I highly recommend it, its extremely helpful)

1.2. Your Inventory

Pretty much this is what I recommend:

invsm5.png

You can of course interchange the type of food...

1.3. Armor

This is what I recommend:

armorgq8.png

Full Rune - Green Dhind (Interchangeable)

Here my output on this. I personally favor Green Dhind, mainly because of the cost. Though full rune may help you more, if you die, you lose 200k more than you came in with. Full Dhind is only about 10k. In addition, Magers can very easily bind you if you are wearing full rune (which of course can be blocked by mage protect). In addition, with a half full or totally full inventory of rune, it is very hard to run far. Full rune adds a good amount of weight, which makes it even harder. Again, it is total your choice. (~Thanks Sorry for bringing this up)

I can also recommend a def ammy, but I don't think it really matters.

2.0. Before Pkers see you...

Even before pkers see you, you want to be gone. This depends on where you log on, and how fast you can react to what you see.

I usually log on east of the rune rocks. This is a spot that pkers don't expect you to log on, and you can catch them by surprise. Remember to keep your mouse on the log out button. But again, its all how fast you can log off. Remember that. You can even log on next to the rocks, as long as you can log off and react quickly, you are fine. Remember, don't hesitate to log off if you see some ores. Ask your self - Is it worth losing 2-20 ores just for another 2?

warning1lh8.png

Even when you mining, watch out for people coming in to attack you. Again, always keep your mouse on the log out button...it can save you tons of ores.

warning2fx9.png

In addition, remember to keep your chat on friends, or off. This prevents any pkers from tracking you down. ~Thanks Timo

Also, don't forget to turn you auto-retaliate off. Thanks norisknofun1

3.0.Melee Pkers

Of all the pkers I see Rune Mining, 75% of them are melee based. The good thing is - they are the easiest to get rid of. Always use Protect from Melee. Don't be afraid to use it! It saves you valuable food.

3.1.SafeSpot 1 - Spiders

The first safespot you want to run to is the Deadly Red Spiders. Because they are located in a non-multi cb zone, when they attack you, the pkers can't. There are two locations of spiders you can go to. I believe both are non-combat, so you can even run back and forth. The best way to get rid of the pker is to make it so that the spider attacks the pker, but not you. You can just stand there, and sometimes the spider goes to you, sometimes not. Kill the spiders! You see - the pkers will be staring at you, thus not killing the spiders. Once your spider is dead, bam - you can log, and they can't touch your ores :D .

spiders1hk9.png

spiders2qv8.png

Here is a map of the 2 locations. Remember to stay away from the Multi Cb Zones.

mapwithspidersno8.png

Once you get here, you have two options. If you lucky, and the only the pker is attacked, then you can log. If not, just run like crazy (see 3.2)

3.2.SafeSpot 2 - Running

Good old Running. With melee, it works like a charm. Try to run west, because incase you can't out run the pker, you can go to SafeSpot 3 - Ice Giants. This is very useful mainly because of the long distance between anything. Its really an empty space where you can freely run. Remember to put on your protect from mage, incase the pker has binds.

runningmeleegu8.png

3.3.SafeSpot 3 - Ice Giants

This is you last chance to get away. And for me, it works 90% of the time. This is just like the spiders, run in, get attacked, run around, and finally...log. Always be patient. If you can't get it the first time, try, try again. Keep trying. Don't give up!!! It will work (or the pker will just give up).

icegiantsmeleeci9.png

3.4.SafeSpot 4 - The Altar

This is the last safespot you want to go to. If you just can't get away from them...Keep opening and closing the door.

alterdk6.png

4.0.Range and Mage Pkers

These guys are a little harder to get away from. Always use prayer! The first two safespots...well they can work...if your lucky:

cornershotmagems9.png

runningrangeqy4.png

So your best bet? Ice Giants.

4.1.SafeSpot 1- Ice Giants

These guys are you best friends :-w . Run around, run in circles - use the rocks. Chances are, you'll get away.

icegiantsrangenf1.png

4.2.SafeSpot 2- Altar

If you just can't get away, use the Altar Method...(see 3.4)

Otherwise, your best bet is to run like crazy to lvl 20 and tele. This is probably your first choice when you see a team of rangers/mage. These teams can be very hard to get away from!

5.0.Summary of SafeSpots

Your 4 Main SafeSpots are - Spiders, Running, Ice Giants, and Altar.

I just gave a reasonable order in which they should be followed. Personally, the one that works the best with one person is the Altar. It all depends on you preference. But, choose wisely.

If you see a team, run like crazy because they will kill you pretty fast if you don't. Remember to use prayer! Also, keep in non-multi zones.

6.0.Scouts

In addition to this, you may also want to make a lvl 3 scout. This allows you to see if there are any pkers there in the first place. Here is a good location to keep your scout:

mapforscoutszk2.png

Not only does this help you see if there are any pkers, this also allows you see if there are rocks there in the first place. It also speeds up the time it takes you to log on to almost none. Nevertheless, you can still be attacked by pkers. ~ Thanks Omari

For Level 3 miners, this really your only defense. Since there are so many lvl 30/40 pkers, you will get killed quite easily. So, unless you have amazing friends that guard you, then watch out, and always log if you see anything.

7.0.Final Thoughts...

I hope you guys like all the pictures :anxious: . And many thanks to the following people:

Nje03 - for helping me with all the pictures

KngDragon57 - also helping with pictures

Scruffyo99 - for motivating me to get 85 mining

and tons of other people...(tell me if I didn't name you)

Cheers!

Current Rune Count : 450

Constructive Criticism welcome...also, please tell me about any stupid mistakes.

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guide man. :)

Should come in handy evadeing those pesky pk'ers.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

good guide, when i can mine runite this will help loads, as i dont pk Razz even at my level.

Thanks, good luck on 85. :P

One of the best guides I've seen. Deserves AOW. 9\10.

Amazing guide! 10/10. Applause Dancing

Thanks, glad i could help.

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

Great guide!!! 9.5/10

Some questions. I haven't gotten 85 mining yet so....how often do you see pkers?

Great guide!!! 9.5/10

Some questions. I haven't gotten 85 mining yet so....how often do you see pkers?

Atleast every other world.

Ouch, guess it's not that safe huh? O, well, it's good money :thumbsup: .

Also, you should add to your guide that if you wish to avoid pkers, going and coming from the mining site, you should take the western-most wilderness road that is hardly traveled upon. (South of Ice Peninsula).

You dodge many that way, and home tele once at 20.

Good guide man. :)

Should come in handy evadeing those pesky pk'ers.

Thanks, hope you come back to rune mining <3:

lol, I don't think he will need to go back to rune mining, he keeps getting free stuff from his friends that go to WoW.

On topic: Firstly, I feel famous because my name is mentioned at the end. You have a pretty good guide, sadly I won't need to use it for a long long time because it'll be eons before I reach 85 mining.

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

nice guide... but youll be able to mine more rune with zwordys... :D :D

and if there are 2 many pkers just run past the multi and try to survive :twisted: then save 10 - 50% run and get them in the trees far south :lol:

but that will only work if the pkers are only 5 cb higher then you and are hitting alot 0s... :wink:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Great guide!!! 9.5/10

Atleast every other world.

Ouch, guess it's not that safe huh? O, well, it's good money :thumbsup: .

Also, you should add to your guide that if you wish to avoid pkers, going and coming from the mining site, you should take the western-most wilderness road that is hardly traveled upon. (South of Ice Peninsula).

You dodge many that way, and home tele once at 20.

But if your running away from a team, with a full inv of rune, your only chance of survival is to use tele. It's not worth losing all your ores just to say 3 spots.

Thanks all for positive feedback!

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

Very good guide for f2p rune miners. I nominate for AoW. 9/10 - try to make headers a little more noticeable (I use size 16 font).

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

ive killed heaps of rune miners....now it will b harder :wall:

lol, now we can't go rune miner pking :(

also, what happens if the mage binds you? then you can't run... :ohnoes: :uhh:

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

ive killed heaps of rune miners....now it will b harder :wall:

lol, now we can't go rune miner pking :(

also, what happens if the mage binds you? then you can't run... :ohnoes: :uhh:

Hopefully prayer allow you to avoid that problem. :wink:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I have a reason for myself giving this guide 10/10.

I was runite rock pking (F2p Of course), and thought I had a few kills, until, they ran right to the spiders, and I couldn't attack. But, these guys were brave and smart, they went back and mined the runite, they avoided me, and got what they deserved. Your guide was proven when I went pking.

98% of teenagers are drinking or are exposed to alchohol. Put this in your signature if you like biscuits.