Shilo Fly Fishing Guide.

BluBoy

Shilo Village Fly Fishing is one of the best spots for fast experience, and with this guide you can get 50k+ experience an hour!

First off, you have to complete the Shilo Village quest. If you go to Tip.It I'm sure you can find a separate guide to that. Once you have, you should buy a good amount of feathers. They are very cheap, at 7gp per feather. Get around 20k, or go to Tip.It to use a calculator to see how many feathers you will need. Once you have bought your feathers, go to Shilo Village.

shilomap.PNG

Key:

Red = Fishable Spots.

Orange = Spots that cannot be fished from.

Now you start the real fishing! If you have a Bank PIN, make sure your bank is opened while fishing, to maximize speed. Make sure run is on. Now go out there, I normally start by checking near the furnace then going upriver towards the bridge. When fishing, it's good to have some homework, some work to catch up on, some html scripting or something to do nearby, that you can still see the RuneScape screen while doing. If you stop fishing, reclick the spot or move to another spot. Random Events only happen when you click the spot, so always stay the second longer to make sure the Drunken Dwarf doesn't get you.

Fishing is a prime example of AFK training, like JaGeX's version of autoing. You click and go. Remember to always check your experience every few minutes, to see you getting closer motivates you to go faster. Bring a buddy along with you, talking to them makes the time go faster. If nothing is available, hook up a gaming console to a small television and play till your hearts content.

Every second wasted when getting experience is 1xp down the drain your not getting back. It's important to take breaks periodically, stretch, shower, eat, watch a dvd, go outside, otherwise you get bored very quickly and don't feel like fishing. I normally do this every 2 hours (100k experience) A good idea is to hire a series dvd (Friends, Lost, Greys Anatomy, Simpsons) and after every episode take a break from fishing.

Unless you plan on cooking all of your fish, you can actually make profit from this! Salmon sell for 80gp each, and trout 50gp (If these aren't current prices, forgive me.) Thats a good profit for an easy task! It's actually more profit then fishing and selling raw lobsters, just between you and me.

After a small working out, I realize 3/8 fish you catch will normally be Salmon, the rest trout. It's not a strictly followed by rule, but it will normally do the trick when calculating things.

greenandpurplefinishsf3.gif

Hey.

No offense but u wont get 50k exp a hour.

Its true what u say about the brakes thats a nice tip to tell ppl :D

Ofcourse it can happen thant u make 50k exp a hour then cool but normally u will make 30k-40k exp a hour.

Hope it helped Your guys/girls.

=D

1111.jpg

Click The Picture To Go To My Blog.

been doing this for the last week or so myself and you've got everything spot on.

50k exp per hour. sell my salmon 80gp ea but few ppl buy trout.

Hehe , Friends ftw :)

Great guide, but picture isn't working on my computer

9 / 10 anyways

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

Hmm interesting. I heard about this kinda fishing, but I never really "got the hang of it" This is a stupid question, but where do u get feathers lol? I really hope its not buy....

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Hmm interesting. I heard about this kinda fishing, but I never really "got the hang of it" This is a stupid question, but where do u get feathers lol? I really hope its not buy....

Yup, buy. It's not that bad; they cost around 5-8 gp from other players, if you buy them from the fishing store in port sarim they're 2gp to start. It takes an average of 5 or 6 gp per feather if you buy until they get to costing 8gp each, then hop. That's what I do, it works like a charm. You can get 3-4k feathers in 1/2 an hour if your computer is fast.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

Decent guide, could use a little more general information such as the avarage exp per hour and that you can buy feathers from several shops(i think the one in shilo village sells them) and maybe how much exp each fish gives for cooking and fishing, or how mcuh each feather will give experience wise.

overall 8/10. 9/10 if you add more pictures :thumbsup:

newsignature1fs8.png

Very simple guide, fishing at shilo is a pretty general topic that doesn't really *need* a guide to tell you how to do it. You just kinda do it... but its not bad. 7/10 perhaps, the picture showing where the fishing spots move is a nice touch and you can definetely go afk while doing this for a bit. Another annoying random is the whirlpool, I find that it just randomly happens and there's no sound effect signifying one of these has just appeared, but thankfully theres a fishing shop near where you can buy another rod for 5 gp.

Also, I have been fishing here for probably over a month, and I find that I usually get 30-40k xp per hour instead of 50k. It's probably possible to get 50k, but you may need to pay more attention to the screen and be alert of fishing spot movements.

sig3bh7.png

• 3 months later...

A good way to get feathers is to go to the lumbridge chicken farm and say "buying all feathers 3gp each" all of the low level players will then trade with you and you will get 1k feathers in 10 mins :-)

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

I dont need to hire a DVD as my runescape name probably tells you im a lover of DVDs. The Simpsons season 9 right now and ive just finished watching all episodes of friends, wow that was a long time.

Thanks very much for the gide ill try it out ive always seen 1 or 2 fly fishers while gem mining so ill give it a go, maybe faster than lobsters well as you say it is.

dvd_o_ye.png

Hey.

No offense but u wont get 50k exp a hour.

Its true what u say about the brakes thats a nice tip to tell ppl :D

Ofcourse it can happen thant u make 50k exp a hour then cool but normally u will make 30k-40k exp a hour.

Hope it helped Your guys/girls.

=D

Agreed i can usually only manage 40k xp an hour maybe 45k if i am lucky. But to be honest Leedragon8 my mate, and i tested "barbarian" fishing and it was around 55k xp per hour. But overall it was a pretty decent guide, i cant say it was superb because shilo fishing theres not much you can talk about :-k but great job.

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

what i ended up doing was instead of banking them, i ended up selling my full load of trout and salmon and then buying feathers from the money i had left over, i normally got 2-3 times as many feathers as i did fish per load so i never ran out and kept getting more feathers :D

gonearctic1.png

• 1 year later...

Cheers, nice guide :D I usually get bored of fishing at Shilo but I'll try and find something to do in the meantime.

Also, very good tip about the getting up and having a stretch. If you sit in the same position for a long time you'll get sore shoulders #-o

In Runescape, you don't die from being stabbed with a large sword, however you are knocked unconscious with a blow from a baguette even when wearing a helmet.

Nathan_W16.png

Yup, buy. It's not that bad; they cost around 5-8 gp from other players, if you buy them from the fishing store in port sarim they're 2gp to start. It takes an average of 5 or 6 gp per feather if you buy until they get to costing 8gp each, then hop. That's what I do, it works like a charm. You can get 3-4k feathers in 1/2 an hour if your computer is fast.

Problem is that most people make more than 40k an hour...

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: