Archaeology Skill?

I couldn't help but notice the recent emphasis on archaeology recently. First the goblin quest, but now we have the update of varrock, which seems dominated by the museum update, as seen in the may BTS, in which said...

In our last update of the month, we will be introducing the new look Varrock, complete with a totally new and redesigned Varrock Museum. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be able to experiment with rock samples carted over from the Dig Site, help out in the natural history section and even complete new exhibits by telling the curators about the adventures you've had during your quests and travels. Naturally, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be rewarded for assisting with these things, mainly with good old fashioned chunks of experience. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t forget, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll also have the new look city to explore, so we're hoping youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll find something to amuse you

There is just two sentences dedicated to the graphic update of varrock, a enormous update, with the rest of the paragraph dedicated to the museum update, which would seem like a much more minor update on its own, unless there is something more to it. It also says we get "chunks of experience." What skill would this go to? It doesn't fit any current ones.

Then we have the ruby necklace, in which the "64 carat update" failed to include. When you do attempt to enchant it, you get a curious message that tells you its going to have a use in the museum update. What would it do?

Also, the varrock/museum update us coming out exactly a year, give or take a few days, after contruction. It also is coming out six months after hunter did, the same amount of time that passed between contruction and hunter. Jagex said they won't be telling us when a skill will come out, because when they did that with hunter people complained and whined every week it wasn't releases, so when the next skill come out we wont have any warning.

New Evidence(May 25)!

Now we have seen a week with no update. This seems odd, as there was still enough updates to cover the month without missing a week, seeing as there was the reldo update that was still left behind. After hunter, i wouldn't be suprised if they took extra time to make it and made sure every bug was worked out, as we all know how unfinished hunter was.

All this evidence has be convinced we will be digging in the dirt starting next week, more and likely tuesday.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have enough skills for now, and I cannot imagine a fun/good use for the archaelogy skill (except for digging up old weapons, which would only be mildy more fun than watching barney)

lalalasig2.png

I think you're grasping at straws... I can't think of much they could do with that skill... And hunter skill seems like a fairly new skill.. TBH i don't want a new one.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

i just forsee a massive sequel to digsite in this.

EDIT:

Since we have 2 quests per month, lets id them.

Ever wondered what to do next? With the growing number of things to do in RuneScape, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s no wonder that most of us spend a fair amount of time just imagining all the things we want to achieve. We've been thinking that it would be great to have a list of all the things you could do, and give some reward for doing them all. Naturally, this would be a huge project to release in one go, so starting the proceedings this month we will be bringing youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ the Achievement Diary ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Karamja Jungle Tasks.

Found in the quest interface, the diary button will display a list (similar to the music and quest list) of all the various tasks you can do in and around Brimhaven and the Karamja jungle. These tasks will be categorised as easy, medium or hard tasks, and completing each set will give you access to new rewards such as teleports, better shop prices and increased Agility rewards in the Brimhaven Agility Arena. Easy tasks could be as simple as using the rope swing to get to the moss giant island, a medium task involves more skill (like trapping a horned graahk) while hard tasks include becoming the champion of the TzHaar Fight Pits!

Look out for more parts of the achievement diary to be released in the future!

Our quest in May will bring us back to Lunar Isle, and will offer new spells to add to your lunar spell book. A young adventurer called Cyrisus will find himself trapped and frozen by fear and depression, and it will be up to you to bring him out of his misery. Someone who canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even make it to the Moon Clan town is unlikely to be able to survive long in the dream world, so youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll also be asked to guide him and become his Dream Mentor. What horrors await you inside his addled mind?

Our next batch of NPC improvements is also due for launch this month, and is going to be fantastic. The graphics team have been working extra hard to produce what will be arguably the best looking graphics in the game, and boy is the Kalphite Queen pleased they chose her to put all these efforts into. In fact, all of her brood will be given the makeover treatment, as well as the scorpions and tiny spiders in the game. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m sure that the bravest among you will want to risk the journey across the Kharidian Desert and take a look for yourselves - but beware! She is still one of the nastiest beasts to inhabit RuneScape... she'll just look great doing it.

Not wanting to be outdone, the King of Varrock heard about this proposed makeover and, well, he got a bit upset by it all. How could a funny little insect get all this attention when his own kingdom was feeling a little neglected? Queen Ellamaria wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t stand for this much longer; left with little choice, he decided to get the builders in. In our last update of the month, we will be introducing the new look Varrock, complete with a totally new and redesigned Varrock Museum. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be able to experiment with rock samples carted over from the Dig Site, help out in the natural history section and even complete new exhibits by telling the curators about the adventures you've had during your quests and travels. Naturally, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be rewarded for assisting with these things, mainly with good old fashioned chunks of experience. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t forget, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll also have the new look city to explore, so we're hoping youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll find something to amuse you!

Reldo had a slight mishap with the Library last month and a few of his prized tomes went missing briefly (apparently one of the restoration spells used to tidy up old books put the wrong covers on them). As a result, last month's Lores and Histories update didn't happen. Rest assured, though, it'll take a natural disaster of epic proportions to deter Reldo from bringing them to you this month (although rats chewing through the binding will probably upset him enough).

Also look out for some great new player art and letters, as well as some rather handy Knowledge Base additions.

Have fun!

There we go.

I don't know, i just suspected a new skill would come out in may and this seemed to make sense. It wouldn't be my first choice for a new skill either.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

This may be me, but actually rereading the BtS, I noticed something in the Paragraph for the Lunar Isle Quest.

Our quest in May

Does that mean that there will only be one quest this month?

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

This may be me, but actually rereading the BtS, I noticed something in the Paragraph for the Lunar Isle Quest.

Our quest in May

Wow! Nice find there, didn't even notice that.

vilnn2.png

That is interedting, especially the whole "Our Quest in May" thing.

Also, it never specifically says the museum update will be a quest.... I guess we'll just have to wait to find out!

On a completely unrelated topic: Wasn't construction slyly hinted at in the behind the scenes last May? :wink:

blackmageid8.png

It was, in these exact words...

"We are also adding some other smaller features to the game later this month, such as clockwork toys for your cats, teleportation tablets, making your own cups of tea and even chairs you can sit down in."

vilnn2.png

Uggh do we really need a new skill? Truely all it does is disract us from

other goals we have. Its not really needed at all.

Although i would like a continuation of the dig site quest.

New Zaros info anyone? :wink:

prospektssigza4.jpg

Our quest in May

Wow! Nice find there, didn't even notice that.

That doesn't mean a thing. I can remember a few months ago with the tower of life, they messed up because they said 2 quests, and there were 3.

Thar be words here

That doesn't mean a thing. I can remember a few months ago with the tower of life, they messed up because they said 2 quests, and there were 3.

Umm...in February (the month with the Tower of Life quest), there was only 2 quests...

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

Sounds more like a new minigame

Wish it could be a mining minigame :pray:

Mining NEEDS it lol

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

NICE FIND!

However I doubt it will be a new skill as most likely they would have told us. What could the use for the str necklace be? Could be anything.

You say nice find, but then go on to say how he is wrong? :?