....A Skillers Life.

oceanstides

Fortunately for you, this guide was 'too detailed' for the official forums and I was forced to edit much of it's contents. So here it is, in all it's glory :mrgreen: .

If you want to speak to me in game, your best bet is Oceans Tides, as that's my current member account.

Basically I cover the optimum methods of training and compare the popular methods. Of course, it's on such a large scale not everything is perfect. One thing raised to my attention is that Mahogony trees are great experience. So if you have any information you'd like to contribute either for that, or anything else you'd like to add just shout.

For the curious, here are my skill levels.

[hide=Skill Levels]illuminitai.png[/hide]

I'll stop blabbering now, and get right into it :thumbsup: . You can read through each skill from start to finish, but that's probably too long and boring for most. Click on the skill(s) you want the information about.

If there is a secondary (or many) methods presented, Method A will contain much of the basic calculations and data needed.

[hide=Woodcutting]Often, whilst browsing the skills forum, I see threads such as 'Willows or Yews?' '99 WC? or Woodcutting help!'. In truth, the way you should train woodcutting should take into account several factors. Do you want pure speed? Pure profit? Or a combination of both?

Firstly, when woodcutting for any significant period of time, invest in a dragon woodcutting axe. There are many rumours, claims, and opinions regarding the axe, however as you'll find in the knowledge base, it does affect cutting speed. Even a slightly enhanced cutting rate will save you hours in the long run.

From personal experience, and the advice of many friends, I've determined some data about woodcutting, in relation to experience per hour.

Cutting willows (Barbarian Outpost) ~ 45k experience per hour.

Cutting yews (Catherby Bank) ~ 40k experience per hour.

Cutting mages (Lletya forest) ~ 27k experience per hour.

My calculations are based on these amounts, so please bear with me. So, those for those of you who are going to go for 99 woodcutting, it seems like willows are the way to go! Maybe not; let me explain.

Assuming you are starting from level 75, you'll need approximately twelve million experience, now let's compare each method in terms of total hours needed:

Cutting willows ~ 265 Hours.

Cutting yews ~ 300 Hours.

Cutting mages ~ 445 Hours.

If you cut willows to reach 99 woodcutting, you'll have made, say for arguments sake, five million. Using yews - approximately twenty million. Cutting mages will give you nearly fifty-two million!

The difference (in relation to time), between willows and mages, is 180 hours. The difference (in relation to profit), between willows and mages, is forty-seven million. It follows logically, that if you did cut willows, you'd finish 180 hours before some-one cutting mages. This is where you'll need your average income, to compare methods. From this, it can be said that those extra 180 hours will result in an extra forty-seven million in profit, around 260k per hour.

For an extra 35 hours, 15 million can be made (willows to yews). That's an average income of 430k per hour. That means, if your income is lower than 430k an hour, don't cut willows.

The key to training efficiently, is to determine just what you are looking for. If money is NO issue, the sure, cut willows. However, if your average income is 430k or lower, yews would be a more efficient way of training. For those rune crafters living off 250k an hour, or fishers making 100k an hour, don't cut willows.

Although this example is based on training to level 99, the basic principal can be applied to other levels.

~~~~~

In summary;

~~~~~

If your average source of income produces 430k or lower, cut yews. For those who earn more than 430k per hour, or those who just want pure speed, willows are your ideal option.

There are two popular and optimum places to cut willows and yews - south of Barbarian Outpost for willows, west of Catherby for yews.

woodcuttingtg7.jpg

woodcutting2hi7.jpg

If you can, try and find a *deserted* populated world. That may seem like an oxymoron, but if you are on a world such as two, the trees will re(cen)spawn more rapidly, and other cutters are generally to distracted to train (merchanting for example).[/hide]

[hide=Firemaking]Please note that all calculations in relation to fire making are done on the assumption of burning 800 logs per hour. If you burn at a different rate, this will not be accurate for you, and you must re-calculate.

In the case of fire making, there are four commonly used methods of achieving the maximum level.

• [*:7lzrmsmq]Willows

[*:7lzrmsmq]Maples

[*:7lzrmsmq]Yews

[*:7lzrmsmq]Mages

For simplicity, assume the starting level is seventy five fire making.

The volume of the each log required is listed below:

130k Willows

87k Maples

58k Yews

39k Mages

In terms of cost, each method is approximately:

Four million (willows)

Seven and a half million (maples)

Seventeen and a half million (yews)

Forty three million (mages)

In terms of time, each method will take; 163 hours, 109 hours, 73 hours and 49 hours respectively.

* Willows VS Maples:

To save 54 hours, it will cost 3.5m. Saving 54 hours will cost an extra 65k an hour. Therefore, unless your average income is UNDER 60k an hour, do not burn willows.

*Maples VS Yews:

To save 36 hours, it will cost 10m. Saving 36 hours will cost an extra 280k an hour. Therefore, unless your average income is UNDER 280k an hour, do not burn maples.

*Yews VS Mages:

To save 24 hours, it will cost 25.5m. Saving 24 hours will cost an extra 1050k an hour. Therefore, unless your average income is ABOVE 1050k an hour, don't burn mages.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

In general, most people won't be burning willows. The most efficient method for rune crafters and the like, making 250k an hour would be to burn maples. Unless you make well over a million an hour, don't burn mages. If your income is between 300-1000k an hour, yews are the most efficient.

Long, continuous periods of training may lead to Carpal tunnel or RSI, neither is pleasant. To ease the strain on your wrist, I recommend taking frequent breaks and training sensibly.

A few places to burn are Falador East, Edgeville, Piscatoris colony or even Port Phatmatys. A little tip I exploit is to use multiple tinder-boxes spread throughout my inventory. That minimizes the work exerted by my wrist, and can actually increase my rate of burning.

tkachuck7 writes: "Duel Arena is also a great spot to burn logs".

firemaking1yo2.jpg

firemaking2wv8.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Fletching A]Since the release of capes of accomplishment, the demand for a level 99 skill has risen drastically. As a result, much of the profit in fletching dissipated. I have not altered this guide since the release of string-x.

~~~~~

When aiming for 70 fletching, don't waste your bowstrings. The experience will be faster and cheaper by fletching logs

into unstrung bows and sell to the shop.

General stores pay 16gp each for noted willow longs - but charter trade stores pay 24!

~~~~~

In aiming for 99 fletching, a variety of methods become plausible:

Willows Longs (U)

Yew Longs (U)

Yew Longs (S)

Mage Longs (U)

Mage Longs (S)

In this case, calculations are based on being able to cut 1.5k logs, and string 2.5k bows (u), within one hour.

From level 70, a total of 12,296,804 fletching experience is required.

That's equivalent to:

296,300 Willow longs (U)

164,000 Yew longs (U)

134,400 Mage Longs (U)

82,000 Yew longs (S)

67,200 Mage longs (S)

In relative terms of hours;

200 Hours for Willow longs (U)

110 Hours for Yew longs (U)

90 Hours for Mage longs (U)

110 Hours for Yew longs (S)

90 Hours for Mage longs (S)

Profit:

Willows - 1.8m (loss)

Yew longs (U)- 8.2m (loss)

Mage longs (U) - 6.7m (loss)

Yew longs (S) - 2.5 million (profit)

Mage longs (S) - Break Even

At current price of logs and bowstrings, profits are greatly reduced.

Magic logs are in increasingly high demand, often very hard to buy (even 1.2k+ each). Less players buy mage longs to alch (as they can buy half that many alchs as yew longs). Be aware, stringing requires MUCH more effort, concentration and will power than simply cutting the logs into bows (u).

~~~~~

Care must be taken whilst fletching, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or RSI may be caused by excessive stringing - bear that in mind.

~~~~~

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

As a result of the extra work required, many fletchers consciously choose to only cut logs, not string the bows.

Yew longs (u) - 110 hours, 8.2m loss

Mage longs (u) - 90 hours, 6.7m loss

From these figures, it is clear that mage longs (u) are both faster and cheaper than yew longs (u).

It takes 87.5 hours to cut and string the required 82k yew long bows, at a profit of 2.5m.

Approximately 72 hours is necessary to cut and string the 67.2k mage longs, breaking even.

To save 15.5 hours, costs 2.5m - 161k per hour. Therefore, don't fletch full yew long bows unless your income is less than 161k per hour.

Mage longs (u) VS Mage longs (s)

90 hours, 6.7m loss (u)

72 hours, 0m profit (s).

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

From this data, it is clear that completely fletching mage longs is the most efficient method of training to level 99, as it is both faster, and cheaper.

As a result of viewer feedback, a viable alternative is examined in Summary B.[/hide]

[hide=Fletching B]Many players prefer to buy bows (u), bowstrings and purely string their way . This method generally nets more profit, and produces a higher rate of experience.

Stringing Yew Longs - 164,000 required.

That converts into 65.6 hours and a profit of 16,400k.

Stringing Mage Longs - 134,400 required.

That is the equivalent of 54 hours and a profit of 13,450k.

Therefore, to save 11.5 hours costs 2950k, 256k an hour.

If your average income is under 256k an hour, you should be stringing yew longs. Anything higher, and mage longs become more efficient.

Comparing to method A:

72 hours breaking even, or 54 hours with a profit of 13,450k.

From this data, it is clear that overall, the most cost efficient method of achieving 99 fletching is to string mage longs if your income is over 256k an hour. If it is under, string yew longs. [/hide]

[hide=Runecrafting A]This sections explores an in depth analysis of multiple runecrafting methods. Specifically, this portion of the guide will investigate alternative methods of obtaining 91 runecrafting.

Please note all of these calculations are based on having a runecrafting level of 54 and higher, with all possible pouches.

There are a few methods of training runecrafting:

• Making Natures, Laws or deaths through the abyss.

World 16 Air company.

World 66 Law company.

Hiring runners (personal).

Crafting fires.

Crafting combination runes.

Firstly, I'll explain just how many runes each method would require, from an initial level of 54.

Natures: 639k Pure Essence

Laws: 605.5k Pure Essence

Airs: 1150k Essence

Laws (66): 605.5k Pure Essence

Fires: 822k Essence

Combination Runes: 548k Pure Essence.

From level 54, you need to obtain 5,752k experience for 91.

As a level 62 runecrafter, I know that I am capable of crafting 1.5k (on average) natures or laws per hour through the abyss.

That is roughly 15k runecrafting experience per hour. After taking out costs of pure essence and super energies it is clear that by crafting runes through the abyss, runecrafters can make upwards of 250k an hour.

By crafting airs on world 16 airs, approximately 21k experience an hour can be gained. For world 16 airs, a profit of 35 million can be made.

By crafting laws on world 66 laws, approximately 28k experience an hour can be gained. This will cost you 60 million.

~~~~~

Please note that this is in an average calculation from a variety of sources, during a spread of times. The actual rate of experience will fluctuate.

~~~~~

Crafting fires nets approximately 30k experience an hour, roughly 100 trips per hour. Loss is CAPPED at 8 million using this method, including cost of dueling rings, super energies and essence.

With combination runes you lose about the same amount as crafting laws (world 66) - but for 45k experience an hour!

In terms of hour and cost, from shortest time to longest:

Combo Runes: 130 hours - 60 million.

Fires: 193 hours - 8 million.

Laws (66): 205 hours - 60 million.

Airs (16): 274 hours - 35 million PROFIT.

Natures: 384 hours - 128 million PROFIT.

Without any further calculations - it seems that world 66 laws is 50% SLOWER than making combination runes. This eliminates the world 66 Law company as a viable alternative.

Generally, there is ALWAYS a dominate method in terms of speed training. In the case of runecrafting, it's called combination runes.

However, by putting in the extra 63 hours on fires, you save 52 million. That's over 800k an hour! Do NOT make combination runes IF your average income is lower than 800k an hour.

By using world 16 airs, if you put in an extra 81 hours, you end up 43 million ahead. That's 530k an hour. Don't make fires UNLESS your average income is above 530k an hour.

If you put in the extra 110 hours, you'll end up 93 million ahead. That's approximately 850k an hour. Therefore, don't craft air runes unless your income is above 850k an hour.

This might seem a little confusing, so here's how I see it:

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

For maximum efficiency, the ONLY two ways are:

Income > 850k per hour, Combination Runes.

Income < 850k per hour, crafting NATURES or LAWS.

Fires and airs are also included in these calculations - but are not as efficient. [/hide]

[hide=Runecrafting B]Method B is the player who can handle the ENTIRE cost of training the dearest method.

This is based on the same data:

-----

Combo Runes: 130 hours - 60 million.

Fires: 193 hours - 8 million.

Laws (66): 205 hours - 60 million.

Airs (16): 274 hours - 35 million PROFIT.

Natures: 384 hours - 128 million PROFIT.

-----

Combo runes VS Natures

The maximum time is 384 hours.

Thus, there is a 254 hour difference, or ...free time. In that time, a 254m profit can be made. The net profit is therefore, 194m. This is 50% more efficient than natures.

Therefore, if you can afford to be financially displayed by 60 million combination runes are the best you can get.

~~~~~

To craft combination runes efficiently, you need 82 magic, lunar spells, binding necklaces, dueling rings, pure essence, the same number of elemental runes as pure essence (for example, 1k pure essence and 1k earths to make lava). Pouches and super energies greatly enhance crafting rate.

Cast the level 82 lunar spell magic imbue, while having the pure essence and earth runes in your inventory is a must. That means you don't need an elemental talisman for each load of runes you craft. Use dueling rings as per normal fire crafting, but make lava runes instead.

~~~~~[/hide]

[hide=Mining]Now firstly, you may be wondering 'how CAN you train mining efficiently??'. I agree, there aren't many options and many see it as a waste of time - in members at least.

For this sub-guide, I will only be investigating four commonly used methods to achieve level 85 mining from a starting level of 45.

• Guild Mining

Iron Mining

Power Mining - Iron

Power Mining - Granite

I have tried all methods of mining - and am currently hovering on level 85. For many, it was the first and only thing you did as a 'newb', but since the good ol' days has been a tad neglected.

In the guild, especially on what I call "distraction" member worlds, 2, 6, 9, 12, 18, 22, 66 for example, you will often have the entire guild to yourself. Furthermore, the ores will spawn faster - so bear that in mind.

Guild mining produced around 300 coal an hour - a mere 15k experience an hour, with 60k profit.

Iron mining (banking) I averaged just over 1k ores an hour - 38k experience per hour, 65k an hour profit*

Iron mining (power), resulted in the same rate of experience.

Granite mining (power), when concentrating, produced an average of 50k experience an hour.

The banking iron route was tested in in East Aroundge. Equip a water staff, and carry laws and a pickaxe in inventory. Mine in East Aroundge, bank at castle wars teleport to Aroundge and repeat.

The power mining tests were conducted in places where there are three iron ore in a formation triangle. The granite test included the use of water skins.

~~~~~

Please note, due to a 'hidden' update, you now TAKE DAMAGE if you don't have water whilst mining granite.

~~~~~

It is immediately clear that coal mining is NOT optimal in either experience or cash - at least not on member servers. Power mining iron seems worthless as it' non-profitable and more tedious than banking.

*Whilst banking iron ore, I mentioned the profit is around 65k an hour. Unfortunately, the cost of teleports means each iron ore costs you approximately 35gp each.

I would also like to mention a successful power mining perk. This will help ease the strain on your wrist, reducing the chance of Carpal Tunnel or RSI. When you are actually mining the ores, have your mouse buttons set to two. When it comes time to drop them, swap it to mode one. You can find these options under the game tab.

To reach the granite mine, take a carpet ride from Shantay Pass to the Bebadin Camp. Run south into the Bandit camp (if you are wearing a God item you will be attacked by low level warriors). Go south-east, and go through a valley looking thing on your minimap. Once through there, turn south and you should see a mining and quest symbol on the minimap.

miningzj2.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Smithing]In the case of smithing, a huge number of methods had to be compaired. This section is relatively long.

Smithing is often another neglected skill, especially in members. In general, the most common smithing levels of players lie between 50 and 70.

Atestarossa suggested the furnace in Neitiznot for those of you who have completed the quest.

There are several popular methods of training smithing:

Smelting Iron Ore

Smelting Steel Bars

Smelting Steel Bars -> Cannon balls

Smelting Gold Ore*

Blast furnace**

Smelting Mithril Bars

Smelting and Smithing Iron

Smelting and Smithing Steel (Cannon Balls)

Smithing Adamantite Arrows**

Smithing Iron Bars

Smithing Steel Bars

Smithing FULL sets

A huge variety, some are more popular and interesting than others. In this case, the goal level is 99. The STARTING level is 68 (605,032 experience), requiring a further 12,429,399 experience.

-----

*You should wear goldsmith gauntlets from the Family Crest quest.

** You can't make adamantite arrows until 75 smithing.

Always use a ring of forging while you smelt iron.

Port Phatmatys is an ideal place to smelt, Varrock West for smithing.

The blast furnace is located in Keldagrim, and I believe there is a (rather quiet), unofficial guild on world 61.

You can use dwarven stout (m), or evil stew to complete Devious Minds without 65 smithing.

Many smiths prefer to make adamantite arrows. I don't recommend them, as the prices of the arrows are relatively unstable, and fall frequently. For such an expensive process, the experience isn't worthwhile.

99 Smithing isn't an easy goal, and especially for lower budget players.

Listed below is initial data on the volume of supplies.

994,350 Iron Ore -> Iron Bars

710,250 (Produce that number of steel bars)

497,175 Steel Bars -> Cannon Balls

220,000 Gold Ore (WITH gauntlets) -> Gold bars

414,300 Mithril Ores -> Bars

200,500 Adamantite Bars -> Arrows

331,450 Steel Bars -> Steel Plates

497,175 Iron Bars -> Iron Knives

At Port Phatmatys, 1000 bars can be smelted per hour. This is relatively continuous for all ores smelted.

Smithing FULL sets isn't recommended, due to the extremely LOW demand for sets of armour (especially in bulk), lower than rune.

The blast furnace isn't very popular, and I don't recommend attempting serious training until updates are made.

To smelt cannon balls, do the DWARF CANNON quest. From then on, you can retrieve a cannon ball mold from the Dwarfs north of Falador.

To reach 99 smithing via smelting iron ore, would take approximately 994 hours. 7,100 rings of forging* would be needed. Iron ore can be bought for 100 each, and the bars sold for 220 each (120gp profit per ore). Therefore, a 120 million gross profit should be acquired. That is a net profit of 106m.

Conversely, 497,175 iron bars would need to be smithed into iron knives (at a rate of approximately 1k bars per hour). The knives equal the cost of the bars, therefore you break even over a period of 500 hours.

To save 500 hours approximately, costs 106m - a rate of 212k per hour. Therefore, do not smelt the iron ore if your income is under 212k per hour.

Alternatively, you could smelt AND smith 331,450 iron ores. That would produce a profit of approximately 40 million, and take 663 hours.

For an extra 163 hours, 40 million can be made. Therefore, if your income is over 245k an hour, smelt and smith the iron bars.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

Therefore, if your income is under 245k an hour, smelt iron ore. Anything higher, and you should smelt and smith your ore.

710,250 (Produce that number of steel bars)

497,175 Steel Bars -> Cannon Balls

Smelting iron and coal into bars will take approximately 710 hours, and net a profit of 78 million can be made.

If you craft cannon balls from steel bars, only approximately 500 steel bars can be smithed per hour. That means 994.5 hours scoops a profit of nearly 100m.

To save 284.5 hours costs 22 million - 77k per hour. Do NOT make cannon balls if your income is over 77k an hour.

Smelting and smithing, gives 52.5 experience per bar.

A total of 236,750 steel bars must be smelted and smithed to reach level 99. This method will produce 71 million profit, and take approximately 710 hours.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

It is immediately clear that smelting steel bars is more cost efficient (7 million extra profit in the same time).

Comparison with IRON:

710 hours, 78 million profit (steel)

663 hours, 40 million profit (iron).

An extra 47 hours produces an extra profit of 38 million - 808k an hour! Therefore do NOT train smithing with iron unless your income is over 808k per hour.

-----

Gold:

-----

220,000 Gold ores are required. The current price of gold ore is on average, 480 gp each. The cost of bars are 180gp each (a loss of 300gp per bar).

Total time required: approximately 220 hours.

Cost: 66 million.

-----

Mithril:

------

414,300 mithril ores into bars will take approximately 414 hours. You can break even using this method, as the cost of the ores equals the cost of the bars.

To save 194 hours will cost 66 million - 340k per hour. If your income is under 340k per hour, smelt Mithril bars. If your income is over 340k per hour, smelt gold ores.

~~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~~

220 hours, 66 million in losses (gold).

414 hours, break even (Mithril)

663 hours, 40 million profit (iron).

710 hours, 78 million profit (steel)

In relation to GOLD ORE:

- If your income is below 240k per hour, smelt and smith Iron.

- If your income is below 293k per hour, smelt steel bars.

- If your income is below 340k per hour, smelt Mithril.

Anything higher and gold ore is your most efficient method of training. [/hide]

[hide=Smithing Summary]By purely smithing steel bars into steel plates, approximately 100k experience an hour can be produced. Roughly 2500 steel bars can be smithed an hour, in this fashion.

At that rate, it would take 124 hours to reach 99 smithing. This will cost approximately 124 million.

Training 96 hours faster costs 58 million - 604k per hour.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

- If your income is below 240k per hour, smelt and smith Iron.

- If your income is below 293k per hour, smelt steel bars.

- If your income is below 340k per hour, smelt Mithril.

- If your income is below 604k per hour, smelt gold.

If your income is HIGHER than 604k per hour, steel plates are the most cost efficient method for you .

Please note, due to the sheer volume of data enclosed, there are bound to be errors. The number of comparisons and training methods makes this the most complicated sub-guide currently, so bear that in mind. [/hide]

[hide=Construction]Construction is one of the most expensive skills around. Many people neglect it; making an agreement with themselves that once they make some money they will train it. Often they do make money. It's the parting of it that stumps them, hence yet another semi-neglected skill.

Surprisingly, Jagex has made construction easier, albeit rarely used. This sub-section of the guide will deal with construction with a few conditions. You should have completed Enlightened Journey. Access to boots and cape of lightness is beneficial.

In this case, I am assuming the goal level is 75. The same basic principal applies for those who want 99.

The starting level is 33 - a turnover of 20,000 oak planks more or less.

During trials, and from the opinions of others, the rate of planking averages 1,500 planks per hour.

~~~~~

Please note, this is using the occasional super energy, and ballooning from castle wars.

~~~~~

I don't recommend using your servant to plank; it's tedious and there aren't any clear benefits.

Currently, the fastest way to train construction is via oak larders.

~~~~~

Note: I recommend having a quest hall with glory, and a portal room with at least Falador teleport. This isn't essential or even overly helpful when TRAINING construction, but it is highly useful for general use.

~~~~~

Price of oak logs is taken to be 50 each (easier rounding )

The price of oak planks is calculated at 550 each (500-650 according to time of day, odd I know).

A few tips and tricks: DO NOT use the general store method. It's inconvenient, slow and expensive. Each inventory load in un-noted via the general store cost me 5k. It only costs 2k using a servant, which is also faster and more readily available.

Get your servant to carry 24 planks at a time; it doesn't matter if you can't hold all the planks at once. Make SURE you have the cash and the will to start training construction; if you back out you'll find yourself out of pocket with no real benefits.

Time needed to plank 20k oak planks: 14 hours.

-Gross cost: 6,000k.

-Cost of buying planks: 11,000k.

A difference of 14 hours is equivalent to five million: 360k per hour.

Therefore, don't make oak planks yourself unless your average income is less than 360k per hour. [/hide]

[hide=Fishing]Fishing is perhaps, one of the more relaxing skills examined in the guide. Unfortunately, the only things that are able to make fishing experience come more quickly is firstly what you fish, and secondly your fishing level.

Whilst fishing, keep an eye out for sea trolls, and moving fishing spots. Both of these can slow your fishing experience drastically. Throughout the guide, my calculations are based on fishing sharks in the fishing guild, not in Mort'ton.

There are several 'common' things that fishers may like to catch:

* Fly fishing (trout and salmon)

* Pot fishing (lobsters)

* Harpoon fishing - 1 (tuna and swordfish)

* Harpoon fishing - 2 (sharks)

* Net fishing (monkfish)

* Mini-game (trawler)

In non-members, pot fishing is the most common method of income (for fishers). In members however, sharks provide the best profit.

~~~~~

Please note that from this point on, I will not be including the trawler mini-game in my calculations.

~~~~~

In terms of fishing experience, nothing goes past fly fishing. I'll post the experience rates:

Fly fishing (Shilo village) - 60k experience per hour.

Pot fishing (Fishing guild) - 27k experience per hour.

Harpoon fishing - 1 (Fishing guild) - 27k experience per hour.

Harpoon fishing - 2 (Fishing guild) - 12k experience per hour.

Net fishing (Monkfish) - 34k experience per hour.

Raw trout and salmon can be sold for 50gp each, meaning a profit of around 45k per hour.

Raw lobsters are currently around the 250gp each mark, 75k an hour.

Harpoon fishing - 1 will often result in the same cash per hour as lobsters.

Harpoon fishing - 2, often catching 110 raw sharks per hour - 100k an hour.

Net fishing, selling the raw monkfish at 300 each will make 90k an hour.

~~~~~

Just a few notes, when fly fishing I tend to get two salmon for every three trout. I also generally get one swordfish for every two tuna.

~~~~~

I will assume a starting level of 76 fishing and a goal level of 99. That's 11,697,988 experience.

For 99 fishing a total of:

121,500 trout AND 81k salmon.

130k lobsters

90k tuna AND 45k swordfish.

106.5k sharks

97.5k monkfish

In relation to time (profit):

212 Hours for fly fishing (10 million)

434 Hours for lobster fishing (32.5 million)

434 Hours for harpoon - 1 fishing (32.5 million)

975 Hours for harpoon - 2 fishing (100 million)

344 hours for Monk fishing (30 million)

Without any further calculations, it's clear that lobster and harpoon - 1 fishing are NOT worthwhile.

For an extra 132 hours, you make an extra 20 million (fly to monk). That's 150k an hour. Don't fish monks unless

your general income is less than 150k an hour.

For an extra 763 hours, you can make an extra 90 million (fly to shark). That's 118k an hour. Don't fish sharks unless your general income is less than 120k an hour.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

Fly fishing is the most efficient method of gaining fishing experience, unless your income is under 150k an hour. If your income lies between 120k and 150k then fish monkfish. If your income is under 120k an hour, fish sharks.

Having said that - fly fishing is considerable more effort in relative fishing terms, but it's still easy. [/hide]

[hide=Cooking A]As a by-product of what many label as the 'easiest' 99 skill to get, many players are aiming for this smooth, purple cape.

All calculations in relation to this section of the guide are done with a base assumption that you can cook on the Rouges Den fire, and have completed the Family Crest quest.

Currently, there are three popular methods of reaching 99 cooking.

• Lobsters

Monkfish

Sharks

You need AT LEAST level 80 cooking for sharks, therefore this guide will contrast each method starting from level 80.

In each method, each fish cooked gives a varied amount of experience:

Lobsters * 120 experience

Monkfish * 150 experience

Sharks * 210 experience.

Bear in mind that when you burn food you will *NOT* get experience.

To enter the Rogues Den, teleport to the Burthorpe Games Room via a game necklace. Head outside, it's the first building to the south (go down a trapdoor).

From 80 cooking, to 99, a varying volume of fish must be cooked:

92k Lobsters

73.7k Monkfish

52.6k Sharks

Lobsters are the easiest to come by, as both members and non-members can collect them.

There are PLENTY of shark sellers out there; monkfish are only just getting popular.

The price of raw and cooked fish varies throughout the course of the day, and may change entirely from week to week.

Currently, the prices for RAW fish are approximately;

Lobsters: 240-250 each

Monkfish: 300-350 each

Sharks: 900 each

Cooked fish are approximately:

Lobsters: 200-230 each

Monkfish: 250-300 each

Sharks: 800 each

From level 80 cooking, approximately 11,00k experience is needed.

On average, the cost of getting 99 cooking for each method is:

2,300k - Lobsters

3,800k - Monkfish*

5,250k - Sharks**

* You will lose a few monkfish - 200k worth until some-one can rectify my data.

** Sharks will realistically cost more, due to the loss in burnt sharks from level 80 to 94. Estimated losses stand at 1,500k.

That brings the total cost to:

2.3m - Lobsters

4m - Monkfish

6.75m - Sharks

On average, 1.4k fish can be cooked per hour (using rogues den).

66 Hours using lobsters.

53 Hours using monkfish.

38 Hours using sharks.

For an extra 1.7m you can save 13 hours - 130k an hour. Don't cook lobsters unless your average income is under 130k per hour.

For an extra 2.75m, you can save 15 hours - 185k an hour. Don't cook monkfish unless you average income is under 185k per hour.

Income < 130k an hour, cook lobsters.

130k < Income < 185k, cook monkfish.

Income > 185k an hour, cook sharks.

An alternative method would be roast lobsters until 94 cooking, whereby you don't burn sharks (with gauntlets). This method is explored in Summary B.[/hide]

[hide=Cooking B]From level 80, that is roughly 49.5k lobsters. From level 94, 34k monks or 24k sharks need to be cooked.

(Losses)

Firstly, focusing on lobsters to monkfish:

1,500k from lobsters and 1,750k from monkfish. That's a total of 3,250k from level 80.

Lobsters to sharks:

1,500k from lobsters, and 2,400k from sharks. Total cost of 3,900k from level 80, to 99.

Cooking at a rate of 1.4k fish per hour, in both cases lobsters take thirty five and a half hours.

Monkfish take 24 hours - method #1

Sharks are 17 hours - method #2

That makes the total time (cost):

Method #1: 59.5 hours (3,250k)

Method #2: 52.5 hours (3,900k)

Therefore, to save seven hours, costs 650k. That's 93k an hour. In light of these data, lobsters to sharks are more efficient.

Total time/cost: 38 hours using sharks (from 80), 6,750k cost.

Total time/cost: 52.5 hours using lobsters -> sharks, 3,900k.

14.5 hours of training will save you 2850k - approximately 200k per hour.

If your income is under 200k per hour, cook lobsters until 94, then sharks. If your income is over 200k per hour, cook sharks from 80.[/hide]

[hide=Agility]Agility is arguably the simplest skill in RuneScape currently. Regardless, I find it one of the most useful!

Many players underestimate the potential of agility is, but you are missing out! .

In the case of agility, the goal level will be assumed to be 99. Starting from level 49, as that is the level you can both enter the Ape Atoll course (provided you have completed monkey madness), and the wilderness course (with the aid of an agility potion).

-----

A few things to consider:

-----

- Your weight affects how fast your energy is drained. Try and always wear a spotted cape, boots and gloves of lightness. Remove anything else (unless it weighs 0KG).

- A higher agility level does NOT mean your run rate is drained more slowly, rather, you GAIN energy back at a faster rate.

Often, in quests and the like, you only need a low level agility to complete them. However, this can often lead to tedious and boring quests, as you will often fail in certain sections of the quest (the higher agility the better).

-The cape is AWESOME :D.

Also, for the Agility section (Wilderness course) you might want to add that damage received from failing obstacles is percentage-based. I'm not sure what the % is, but at 85 health I take 17 damage while at 17-21 health I take like 3-5 damage. Therefore, it is wise to eat only 1/3 of a cake everytime your life falls below 15hp. Also, take a couple monkfish/ shark with you in case a pker comes along, because the cakes will not heal you fast enough. An anti-poison pot also helps here. Ultimately, I like to die after 5+ hours (1 trip with method) rather than banking because I find it faster (personal opinion + change in surroudings is very nice).

The wilderness course is relatively easy to reach using teleports. Bring a knife, cakes (bought or stolen in Aroundge), an anti poison, a shark or two and SUPER ENERGY Potions. If your agility level isn't 52, you'll also need to bring along an agility potion.

From Aroundge teleport, head west towards the mourners. Before you reach West Aroundge's gates, there should be a small room with a teleport icon on the minimap. Enter the building, and pull the lever. You should be teleported to level 50 or so wilderness, so try and be on an un-populated world .

From there, run west past the mage arena and wolves until you reach the agility course (if you are lost, look on a world map). You only need 52 agility to enter, so you don't need to keep drinking agility potions.

agilityjp5.jpg

While focused, and quiet, it is easily possible to achieve 42k experience an hour. Provided you don't die, that rate is relatively constant.

However, for the cost of between 10-15k an hour, you can make use of super energy potions. Each dose restores 20% of run energy, might not sound like much, but it helps.

Using super energy potions can get you up to 48k experience an hour, a great boost.

The wilderness course should only be used up to level 75, which is approximately 1,200k experience from starting level.

Without potions: 28.5 hours

With potions: 25 hours

Therefore, it cost roughly 300k to save 3.5 hours (85k an hour). If your income is under 85k an hour, don't use super energy potions .

From level 75, roughly 11.8 million experience is needed.

Without super energy, at Ape Atoll, the experience rate peaks at 45k/hr. With super energy, this is boosted to 51k.

262 hours without potions

231 hours with potions.

The cost of super energy potions is approximately three million. Therefore, if your income is over 96k per hour, you should be using super energy potions.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

The most efficient method of training agility is:

Wilderness course until 75, Ape Atoll until 99; always using super energy potions.

The total time should be 256 hours, with a total cost of a little over three million.

Brimhaven agility arena max's at around 40k experience an hour, and the other courses are only worse. Brimhaven can be a good break though, if you can't find anyone at the main courses.[/hide]

[hide=Prayer]Yes, I know the title is referring to the non-combat side of things, but due to popular demand (lol), here it is.

Since the release of construction, gilded altars (level 75 construction), have come into existence. When implemented correctly, you gain 350% of the normal experience (varies on bone type, for example, dragon bones give 252 experience).

There are, in general, only three methods of training prayer.

• Burying Bones (normal)

Ecto-Functus (400%)

Gilded Alter (350%)

Initially, you may think that ecto-functus is a viable alternative. I'll start off saying no, it isn't. It is an extremely slow method of training prayer, churning through maybe 350 bones an hour.

If the circumstances are great, a focused player can easily get 800-850 bones per hour worshiped via a gilded alter.

Simply burying the bones can get a rate of around 1.2k per hour.

The goal prayer level is 99, and the beginning level is one .

13,040k experience is required.

Purely burying:

2,896,541 Normal or burnt bones

868,963 Big or Jogre Bones

181,000 Dragon Bones

Ecto-Functus:

724,136 Normal or Burnt Bones

217,241 Big or Jogre bones

45,259 Dragon Bones

Gilded Alter (Both Burners):

827,583 Normal or Burnt Bones

248,275 Big or Jogre Bones

51, 724 Dragon Bones

Total time for each method (normal bones):

2,414 hours (bury)

2069 hours (ecto-functus)

973 hours (gilded alter)

Normal bones can be extremely hard to buy, especially in bulk. The price range (when they do get sold, is 90-110 each).

Total cost for each method (normal bones):

290m (bury)

72.5m (ecto-functus)

83m (gilded alter)

It is immediately clear that simply burying bones is expensive and slow.

To save 1,096 hours will cost 10.5m. Therefore, don't use ecto-functus in this case, if your average income 9.5k per hours *lol*.

Total time for each method (big bones):

724 hours (bury)

621 hours (ecto-functus)

256 hours (gilded alter)

Big bones can be bought for 350 each.

Total cost for each method (big bones):

304m (bury)

76m (ecto-functus)

87m (gilded alter)

Therefore, burying is once again not a viable alternative. To save 11m takes an extra 365 hours - 30k an hour. Therefore, use big bones with a gilded alter if your average income is less than 30k an hour.

Comparing with normal bones:

973 hours, 83m VS 256 hours, 87m.

For an extra four million, you save 717 hours just over 5k per hour!

It is clear, that so far, using big bones on a gilded alter is the way to go.

Total time for each method (dragon bones):

151 hours (bury)

129 hours (ecto-functus)

61 hours (gilded alter)

Total cost for each method (dragon bones):

316m (bury)

79.2m (ecto-functus)

90.5m (gilded alter)

I hope you can see the pattern, don't just bury bones.

To save 68 hours costs 11.3m (166k per hour).

Therefore, don't use ecto-functus with dragon bones unless your average income is less than 166k per hour.

Anything higher, and dragon bones used on a gilded alter is the most cost efficient.

Comparison to big bones:

256 hours, 87m VS 61 hours, 90.5m

To save 195 hours costs roughly 18k per hour.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

Therefore, ultimately, if your average income is over 166k per hour, use dragon bones on a two burner gilded alter. If it's under, ecto-functus remains the most cost effective.[/hide]

[hide=Herblore - Basics]Great! You've decided to start Herblore, hmph. That excitement was short lived, you don't know how! Before you begin Herblore, you need to start a relatively small quest:

The Druidic Ritual Quest. To start this quest, speak to Kaqeme** the druid (located in Taverly). This quest will gain you level three Herblore, and the ability to make your first potion, an attack potion! *cough*, okay, so it's not that thrilling. Everything has to start somewhere though, eh?

When it comes down to it, to train Herblore you'll need herbs. Generally speaking, there are four main methods of obtaining herbs (varying quality).

• Farming

Drops

Throne of Miscellania

Purchasing

If you plan on being a 'hard-core' herblorist, I highly recommend combining farming with another method. You'll find the levels pile on periodically, and you'll feel an extra sense of accomplishment (a heavier pocket too ).

Obtaining herbs as a monster drop is perhaps the most primitive method of obtaining herbs. This method will net you the best variety of herbs for your day-to-day herbloring, and slowly increase your performance in combat too.

The most popular NPC's to slay include;

Thugs, Chaos Druids and SLAYER TASKS. I highlighted slayer tasks because that's the largest money maker ; literally tons of medium-high level herbs just asking to be found, and as the nightshade on top, you get combat and slayer experience too! Every wondered what weighs more? A ton of feathers or a ton of herbs?

Be aware, herbs have two forms: unidentified and identified. As an unidentified herb (let's call them unids from now forth), at a glance you won't know what herb is what. At this point, I'd like to direct your attention to a very helpful thread, something EXTREMELY beneficial when dealing extensively in Herblore.

The sticky is found here, in the RSOF: 34-35-498-17959326. From this point forward, I will assume that you have read and understood that piece of writing, it's only a short read but incredibly worth-while. On that note, the same basic principal applies to un-finished potions.

Lastly, the majority of players actually prefer to purchase herbs from other players. This is often a faster method of obtaining herbs (especially in bulk) yet can be rather costly. Make sure you know what you are buying, too.

Creating potions is a three step process. Obtain a vial of water, add a main ingredient and finish with a secondary. Each potion requires a certain Herblore level to make, and will give a varying amount of experience. Please note; you don't get experience for adding your main ingredient to the vial. You DO however, require the Herblore level to add the ingredient.

Vials are arguably the single most crucial piece of equipment in Herblore. Crafted or bought from a general store, they will cost 10-15gp each. Buy from another player and you're looking at upwards of 200 each!

Like herbs, vials come in two forms. Empty; and filled with water.

An optimist says the vial is half full.

A pessimist says the vial is half empty.

The vial maker says the vial is twice as big as it needs to be .

Anyway, that's just nothing useful but true none-the less . Seriously though, vials come in two forms. If you end up with empty vials you can fill them up from a water source such as sink, or tap (not a well). This is a one-click feature *thumbs up Jagex*.

The most popular place to buy vials is Aroundge general store. The store is close to a bank, in a safe position and stocks a decent amount. Unfortunately, because of this generally the shops are bought-out. For this reason, I highly recommend buying your vials from the general store in Shilo Village.

For added convenience, if you get a potion (or a dose of) you don't particularly want; you can select 'empty' to return your vial to an empty state.

From level three, I recommend making simple attack potions until level five. If you have at least started Shades of Mort'ton, I'd recommend staying with attack*s until level 15. At level five, make anti-poison potions (37.5 experience).

At level 15, if you've started the quest you can make Serum 207. This will give you 50 experience, is perhaps one of the cheapest methods of training at this level.

• Attack potion: Guam + Eye of Newt = 25 exp

Anti-poiston: Marrentil + Ground Unicorn Horn = 37.5 exp

Serum 207: Tarromin + Ash = 50 exp

Personally, I don't feel that ANY other potions below level 38 are even worth mentioning. I'd avoid them at all costs. At 38, you reach another plateau - prayer potions. To make a prayer potion, you'll need a Ranaar weed, some snape grass and a vial. Each potion will net you 87.5 experience! I recommend making these until level at least level 55. Between 38 and 55, the potions are expensive, rarely traded or simply inefficient. Level 55 is a great level! You are now more experience in Herblore than most of the Runescape community *go you*.

To make a super strength potion requires a kwuarm, limpwurt root and vial. Although it may cost more per potion than prayers, this nets 125 experience each made. Highly recommended until level 63 (super restores).

Super restores (snapdragon, red spiders eggs) are in high demand. Many often use it because it's more practical than a prayer potion. Each potion made produces 143 experience, as is a relatively cheap method of training. This is another key plateau; super restores are a great method of training.

Herblore is a unique case, in that the most efficient method of training is fairly linear until level 72. From here, you can make super strength potions, super restore and defence, anti-fire potions and ranging potions!

In terms of cash lost for each potion (approximately):

• Strength (125 exp): 1,000

Super Restores (143 exp): 700

Super defence (150 exp): 1000 <- hard to sell

Anti fire potions (157.5 exp): 800

Ranging potion (162.5 exp): 1000 <- hard to train with.

It is immediately clear that making super defence potions aren't efficient. Super strengths are also highly inefficient, as the most expensive training method.

From level 72, roughly twelve million experience is needed, that's:

Super restores: 84,000

Anti-fire potions: 76,200

Ranging potions: 74,000

On average, you can make a thousand potions an hour. That's:

- 84 hours for restores

- 76 hours for anti-fires

- 74 hours for ranging

Total cost for each method:

To save eight hours costs 2,160k (270k per hour). To save two hours would cost thirteen million. Don't make ranging potions *lol*.

Therefore, if your average income is under 270k per hour, make super restores until 99. Any higher, and you should make anti fires. [/hide]

[hide=Herblore Seconds]This section will deal with the optimum methods of obtaining the seconds required for those mentioned in this guide. Rated on a scale of one-five stars.

Eye of Newts:

** Herblore shops; Taverly is the most conveniently placed Herblore shop.

**** Magic shop; Port Sarim. This is great if you have access to glories.

Unicorn Horns:

** Unicorns in Catherby; very slow respawn.

*** Unicorns in Edgeville; tad closer to bank.

***** Level 22 wilderness (black Unicorns).

Ash:

* Killing imps *lol*.

*** Follow a person training fire making.

**** Burn your own logs (better experience ).

Snape Grass:

** Hobgoblin peninsula; long walk to a bank.

*** Waterbirth island (six respawns)

**** Waterbirth island (with full lunar magic to bank extremely quickly).

Limpwurts:

** Grow your own

*** Hobgoblins; peninsula near crafting guild

**** Hill giants; Edgeville dungeon (faster to collect).

Red Spider Eggs:

** Karamja Dungeon (slow respawns)

** Varrock Dungeon (LONG walk to bank).

**** Edgeville Dungeon

Blue Dragon Scales:

** Taverly Dungeon without shortcut

**** Taverly Dungeon WITH shortcut

Wines of Zamorack:

* Kalphite Queen (just for fun ).

*** Tele-grab them in the Zamorack altar.

If you know of any other key locations just fill me in, I'd be glad to add them to the list.

There are a few extra pieces of information that may help you when training Herblore. There is an NPC who will identify un-noted herbs at 200gp each. This is good to organize your anti scam system. Other mini-games can help you with Herblore include the Eadgar** Ruse reward system, or the sinister chest in Yannile.

So remember, if your average income is under 270k per hour, make super restores until 99. Any higher, and you should make anti fires. [/hide]

[hide=Crafting A]Crafting is, perhaps, one of the must under-rated skills throughout RuneScape. You either love it, or you hate, there isn't generally any middle ground.

In the case of crafting, the goal level is 90 as that is the highest current crafting item. At 90 crafting, an average income of 600k per hour can be achieved.

In this guide, I will examine a variety of training methods including:

Tanning and crafting GREEN leather.

Tanning and crafting BLUE leather.

Crafting GREEN leather.

Crafting BLUE leather.

Molten Glass

Opening a crafting shop (80+ crafting required)

Note, that calculations are based on getting 90 crafting from level 71.

Roughly 4.6 million experience is needed to reach level 90.

In terms of supplies, the average prices are:

Green Hides - 1.55k each

Blue Hides - 1.95k each

Green leather - 1.75k each

Blue leather - 2.2k each

Molten Glass - 800gp+

24.4k Green bodies (186 exp each)

21.6k Blue bodies (210 exp each)

86k Uncharged orbs (52.5 exp each)

Green bodies sell for 4380gp, 300 less than high alchemy price.

Blue bodies sell for 5316gp, 300 less than high alchemy price.

Uncharged orbs sell 200-300 each.

It costs 20 gp per dragon hide to tan in Al kharid, and 45 in Canifis - although Canifis is much faster.

Cost using green hides is 4710 per body, losing 330gp per body.

It costs 5910 per blue body, losing 594gp per body.

Using green leather, you lose 870gp per body.

Blue leather - 1284gp per body.

You lose 500gp per orb you make.

Total losses:

• 8050k (green hides)

12,850k (blue hides)

21,300k (green leather)

27,750k (blue leathers)

43,000k (glass)

Glass - just don't do it. It's the slowest experience of all, and costs the most. To craft more effectively, craft your hides on the way back from the tanner.

Approximate Times:

•  
    73 hours using green hides.

65 hours using blue hides.

17 hours using green leather

14.5 hours using blue leather

To save 8 hours costs 4.8 million. That's 600k an hour. Don't make blue bodies (from hides) unless your income is more than 600k an hour.

It costs an extra 13.25 million to save 56 hours: 240k an hour. Don't make green bodies (from hides) unless your income is lower than 240k an hour.

Saving 2.5 hours costs 6.5 million: 2.6 million an hour. Don't make blue bodies from leathers.

In summary;

If your income is under 240k an hour, make green dragon hide bodies from hides. If it is above, make green dragon hide bodies from green leather. [/hide]

[hide=Crafting B]Total time: 73 hours.

Using green hides, 8050k loss.

Using green leathers it's a 21,300k loss with 56 spare hours.

Crafting furies for an average income of 600k per hour means in the extra time, you can make 33,600k. Therefore, net profits:

- 8050k LOSS via tanning green hides

- 12,300k PROFIT spending your time crafting furies.

Therefore, if you can afford to be offset 26 million or so, green leathers are your most cost effective method of training. Remember: you'll need around 4.5m cash spare AFTER you reach 90 crafting to start making furies.[/hide]

[hide=Farming]I'm not going to get into much detail here because it's a rather large guide on it's own. What I *will* do, is give you the basics on how to train the most efficiently WITHOUT losing money (perhaps a slight profit).

I do make several assumptions here, including:

• Time of growth

Average harvest

Farming level (what you are growing).

This guide is aimed towards the modest player, so please stick with me if I only explore the 'less glorified' route. For example, growing maples instead of mages . Due to the nature of the skill, I'll only be considering herbs, fruit trees, trees and Calquats. Sorry.

Firstly, your basic price guide for the items used throughout this training method.

• 1.) Snapdragon seeds ~^~ 30k-32k each

2.) Maple Seeds ~^~ 35k each

3.) Papaya Seeds ~^~ 45k each

4.) Calquat Seeds ~^~ 45k each

Onto the produce:

• 1.) Snapdragons ~^~ 8k each

2.) Papaya Fruits ~^~ 1.5k each

3.) Calquat fruits ~^~ 1.5k each

4.) Super compost ~^~ 1k each

These are just rough pricings; I suggest you do your research before blindly following my lead :? .

On average, each snapdragon herb produces 6.4 herbs per seed. Note, this is an average of my results and others too. It *does* include dying. On a similar point, each Papaya and Calquat tree nets six fruits before you re-plant. I recommend paying the farmer 200gp to cut down your maple.

Now, to *not* lose money training farming, you need to at least make the same money you spend on trees from herbs. Roughly following the pricing guide outlined about, for *each* patch of herbs you plant you make 20k. Oh: also, before you plan on farming long-term, I highly recommend you do "My Big Arm's Adventure".

Knowing you get 6 Calquat fruits and 6 Papaya fruits from each tree, you can effectively lower the cost.

For example, the Calquat fruits might be sold for 10k all up. That means, you can buy a Calquat for 35k. The same applies to Papayas.[/hide]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Oceans!

This is a nice informative guide we have here! Even though it is kinda confusing in some guides! :P

However, this guide is sure to be a good success because of all the detail you go into!

Stupid Jagex for saying it's too detailed. Nubs.

Anyways, good luck with your new account!

hugo_da_dark.png

I have already readed the pre-version of this guide and was anxious to see what the final result would be. And reading through it, it was perfectly clear. Data is correct, good lay-out.

I'm loving it!

A great job on writing this guide!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Wow! Gongratz! This is one really well-written guide. You did a lot of research and even more calculations to support your conclusions. Most of what you included truly is the best way to train. Some things I never even thought of. Great job!

The only thing I would add to your guide is under the Mining section you might want to mention the superheat method. It was something I read a while back that revolutionized the way I felt about mining. For quick reference: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=650 ... =superheat

Also, for the Agility section (Wilderness course) you might want to add that damage received from failing obstacles is percentage-based. I'm not sure what the % is, but at 85 health I take 17 damage while at 17-21 health I take like 3-5 damage. Therefore, it is wise to eat only 1/3 of a cake everytime your life falls below 15hp. Also, take a couple monkfish/ shark with you in case a pker comes along, because the cakes will not heal you fast enough. An anti-poison pot also helps here. Ultimately, I like to die after 5+ hours (1 trip with method) rather than banking because I find it faster (personal opinion + change in surroudings is very nice).

a really good written guide... just missed a part about thiefing there, but there are other guides about it of cource... but i would give this guide a 9/10!

just a few things that stays unclear, but thats probably just me... i would like to see this guide in the archive of wisdom, and i've already bookmarked it =D

edit: i found a littel thing that should be corrected.. the closest furnace to a bank isn't the one in that ghost town, but on neitznot, the clay forge there is the closer one.. you might want to add that... also, it's much more nice and bright in neitznot than ghost town =P

Scherzo.png

shawrty4...

*Cough*...I er. I don't know exactly what happened but crafting didn't get posted properly. :oops: I'll post it now, lol.

Hiya Hugo, maybe it's because you were tired :P? Thanks though, it could have been a while before I worked it out.

EDIT:

Ah, for some reason I'm missing both crafting AND farming. I'll upload them in just a sec.

Thanks for the feedback everyone else :).

Things to add/fix:

Superheat (mining)

Agility damage

Furnace location

Wilderness agility course map

nvm

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

This is a great guide! One problem. All your guides start (cept for herby) at a higher skill level than most players. Could you start from the beginning on each skill? I know it would be a lot of extra work, but it would really help a lot of people (namely: me) because almost all my skills are below where you start.

Therefore, if you can afford to be financially displayed by 60 million ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ combination runes are the best you can get.

shouldn't it be "if you can afford to be financially Displaced by 60 million ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ combination runes are the best you can get.

The new lunar magic spell humidify (obtained after completing the Dream Mentor quest) is perfect for power mining granite at the desert quarry. Bring the required runes to cast, and fill the rest of your inventory up with waterskins, leaving the two bottom rows empty for the granite you are mining.

Why the two bottom rows? It's faster to drop items from those rows because if you click the item near the bottom (second row from bottom) or near the top (last row) the mouse will already be hovering over the drop option.

Did you calculate your averages there before or after the hidden update? If it was before the update, then your average exp/hour figures would still be the same. If you calculated the average exp/hour after the hidden update, this will net you a considerably larger gain since there is no need to take longer then a few seconds to refill all of your waterskins.

The only thing I would like to see added into the guide that I haven't seen anybody else do yet is to determine these statistics with other forms of cooking, such as cooking cakes, wine (an efficient way of obtaining grapes if there actually exists a way, and I don't consider the RFD chest efficient with it's small stock), etc.

Awesome guide though. Very concise and to the point. Anybody with an appreciation for the technical will have a field day reading though this.

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png

Why the two bottom rows? It's faster to drop items from those rows because if you click the item near the bottom (second row from bottom) or near the top (last row) the mouse will already be hovering over the drop option.

alas, this is no longer true, after the game engine update as of june 26'th, you have to move your mouse down to click, also in the bottom row

Scherzo.png

Absolutely great guide man...

I have a feeling it won't get as much attention as it deserves, but still very well done, and I want you to know that. I find it to be quite useful, especially with those figures in determining what's best to do depending upon your income lvl. That's definitely unique to your guide.

The only thing I worry about is that guides dedicated to an individual skill will have more detail/options than yours, and so will be used more. It's hard to do every skill in depth...although you did it pretty well anyway.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

very nice guide- doesnt cover all the subtleties of each skill but is a good base for all skills. I like it very much and can see how much effort u put in.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

WOW (and I don't mean that crappy, expensive game) =D>

Great work dude. ::'

I read the lot. When I got to the herby section, I thought you could add Cockatrice as another good source of limps (as good as hillies imo).

:thumbsup:

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator