Pay it forward

Joordaan

I watched a movie today called Pay It Forward. This movie is about a 7th grade boy who is givin an extra credit assignment in which he must make an effort to change the world.

He comes up with an idea where he does three big favours for someone, then tells them to do three big favours for someone else, and so on.

So, now I'm gonna try to start this on an online forum, and see if it makes any differences in peoples lives. I don't really expect it to change much, but it might help some people, so its worth a try, right?

All you have to do is do a favour (big or small) for three people, then tell them to pay it forward to three other people. So if someone does you a favour and asks you to pay it forward, do it! Hopefully, this will help some people.

And if you want to put this in your signature to try and advertise it a bit more, heres the link thing.

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=670575]Pay it forward![/url]

Thanks for reading. :)

I watch that movie in religion :D That sure was sad when he died though... TREVOR! :(

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

I'll try to join in, but of course, everyone's hearts are like email inboxes nowadays. they see one of those chain mails and delete it on the spot. well, if i came with a chain of pay it foreward, those sad, angry inboxes would shut it out from their lives and report my voice and actions as spam and carry on their lives.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I saw it too, you forgot to mention how he gets knifed! hahaha, anyway I wish the world would do something like that but sadly it doesnt work out like that.

I hope you get stabbed [bleep].

if that isn't the nicest thing to say =p...

Well added your link in my siggy.

I saw it too, you forgot to mention how he gets knifed! hahaha, anyway I wish the world would do something like that but sadly it doesnt work out like that.

seriously i hope he gets stabbed, he laughs when someone gets stabbed even tho its in a movie..

Leonn

autogsigpe6.png

|Myssy <3 | Retired | 19/9/07

"My legs say no, but my body says f... you"
I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

No, actually I was just saying but it would be nice if everyone did do the three favours so I'm going to put it in my signature for people to see, I tip my hat to the guy who made the thread, nice thinking, I hope people see it, because even if you help one person, then you've accomplished a good job for the day.

Edit: Actually I would tip my hat to you but I don't wear hats :-$ put no one has to know that, lol.

Edit2: And as Vladknight was saying sadly the world isn't like that, and why do I get all the negative comments? lol

Edit3: And I was not laughing at the guy getting stabbed! I was just saying he forgot to say, I just have a really bad habbit of typing lol and hahaha alot, lol.

LastEdit (hopefully): And wishing bad upon others is one of the many things that stops a closer world, I'm not trying to insult you put if we all just try to avoid that, little and old then we'd be one more step closer to world unity.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

we did this same thing in my leadership. we watched the movie and every day we had to go out and do one random act of kindness to somebody we didnt know to help better their lives. its really amazing what you can do to help

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

I love the idea but I don't think it would work out.

There is no guarentee that the person you help will help someone else.

Second, thats a quick way to get poor if your doing "big" things like cars.

Pay it forward wouldn't work for poor people, only those with a decent paycheck.

I say just the random act of kindness in itself is the greatest reward. I wouldn't spoil it by telling them they have to go out and help others, which most wouldn't anyway.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

seriously i hope he gets stabbed, he laughs when someone gets stabbed even tho its in a movie..

LeonnThat's the point, it's a movie you moron.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

please lets not all start fighting and debating we had a misunderstanding end of story, continue on with the topic of the thread, putting a smile on someone's face is a great deed because even if its one person its someone, just like if someone were to help you out, wouldn't you like that? Sure you would, so lets all scratch each others backs.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

This'll never work.

Anyway its in a movie, things that happen in movies don't work out in real life.

yep, that reminds me of the gospel according to larry.

you are one messed up kid.

I think the actual moral of this movie was that if you try to help people, you'll get smoked by a car and die.

Just sayin'.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Any British people might want to know that this film is actually on tonight on BBC1.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So, now I'm gonna try to start this on an online forum, and see if it makes any differences in peoples lives. I don't really expect it to change much, but it might help some people, so its worth a try, right?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

Ill make sure to pay it forward. :)

• 4 weeks later...

good luck with that, but most people here are idiots and wont do it.

Also in the end he gets shanked and dies....hope you dont meet that fate too....

I get 30$ a day working at a haunted corn ma(i)ze, dressing up and scaring people crapless.

I saw that movie, it bored me greatly, until around the end. Anyways, even though there are some really nice people, this would never work in real life.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....