Powerleveling Hunter

Vmi90

Powerleveling Hunter Guide by Vmi90

A lot of people are uncertain what to hunt at what level to get hunter up quick, so here it is: the answer to all your questions. How to get Hunter up as fast as possible.

Starting out:

Beginning levels will be somewhat slow, but once you get higher, they get faster. So if you find that the exp is slow in the beginning, dont give up ;)

To start hunting, you need to first go to the hunter shop in Yanille, and get some supplies. Buy the following: 5 box traps, 2 bird snares, a poking stick, 5 butterfly jars, and a butterfly net.

Storepic.png

Levels 1-9

From level 1, you're gonna have to catch some crimson swifts. Go southeast from Yanille (a lot), and find the place where I am in the picture below. Set down the snare and wait for a bird to get caught. Since youre only lvl 1, you can only use 1 trap at a time for now. If the trap fails, just reset it back up. Exp here is pretty slow, but you don't have much of a choice at level 1. Snare these birds until level 9.

Crimsonswifts.png

Levels 9-15

Location: Northwest from Grand Tree, by piscatoris fishing area

Once you reached level 9, you can catch copper longtails. These are still rather slow exp, but once again, the best you can do. Head over near the monkfish fishing area, and set up bird snares to catch these guys. I found that the spot near the falconry area is fastest. Snare these guys until you've reached level 15.

Copperlongtail.png

Levels 15-20

Once you get level 15, equipt your butterfly net, and head south. You'll find Ruby Harvest butterflies flying around. Just click on them to catch them, they are fairly easy. You can get up to 5 at a time, then just release them from the jars. These are fast exp once you find their respawn points (this doesnt take long). Catch these guys until you're level 20.

Rubyharvest.png

Levels 20-29

Now you can drop your butterfly net and jars. Take the equiptment you have left, and head to the tropical wingtails. Now that you are level 20, you can set up 2 traps. Place the snares about where I have them in the picture. Exp is a bit faster since you have 2 snares, but it seems slow since you need 9 levels to move on to the next animals. Trap these until 29.

Tropicalwingtails.png

Levels 29-47

Once you get level 29, grab 4 small fishing nets and 4 ropes. Now head to Canifis and start walking southeast to the hunter spot to catch the green lizards. All you have to do is click on the young trees to set up the traps. After you catch the lizards, just release them. At level 40, you can set up 3 traps. These are very fast exp, catch them until you reach level 47.

Greenlizards.png

Levels 47-59

Once you reach level 47, you can catch orange salamanders. These are also very fast exp. DONT FORGET WATERSKINS. They might seem like a pain to bring, but the exp is well worth it. Just set up the traps where and how I have them in the picture. Catch these until level 59.

orangesalamanders.png

Levels 59-80

Now you can catch red salamanders. These are the same as the other lizards, once you hit level 60, you can use 4 traps. There isnt much explaining to do here, these are fast exp, trap until level 80.

redsalamanders.png

Level 80

Before you do anything else, you will want to trap larupias. Making their fur into armor greatly increases your chances of catching Red Chinchompas. You will need to get a knife, and 3 logs. Head to around the same area as the tropical wingtails, but a bit east. Find a pit and set up a trap. Then poke a larupia and as it chases you, jump over your trap. The larupia will fall in, and you get its hide. Do this 3 times, and take the fur to varrock fancy clothes shop. Make the armor and then you can move on.

larupia.png

Levels 80-99+

Now its time to get the best exp. Head to the spot I am on the picture, and set up your 5 traps exactly where I have them. This guarantees you 100k exp/hour (it might be a bit less at first, but its still fast). Just trap the red chins until you get to whatever level your little heart desires.

redchins.png

Level 99

Grats you've made it!! Either keep going, or go get yourself that skill cape you've always wanted :)

Emote:

Vmi90-1.gif

I hope this guide helped, thanks for reading it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red salamanders till lvl 80? :shock: arent red chins better xp than that? At least i have done 63-73 with red chins and cant complain about the exp...

Very nice guide overall though :)

Fletching 99 Achieved 8th of October 07 || Attack 99 Achieved 3th of November 08 || Max Questpoints 7th of November 08

yeah cool guid ill use this when i go to get 99 hunter which will be soon lol, can u remember how long it took u from 75-99?

blood_52.png

1894th to 99 Hunter Achieved 22/12/07

Quest Cape Achieved: at 81 combat on 20/12/06

yeah cool guid ill use this when i go to get 99 hunter which will be soon lol, can u remember how long it took u from 75-99?

if your only 75 it wont be soon :S I'm guessing your at 1-1.5m exp? level 99 is 13 million exp so when your level 92 your halfway there exp-wise

nice guide, maybe you should mention, that if you want money do 63-99 on chins :D 35m or so from the 48k chins u get

This doesn't come close to the time someone caught a friend tossing off to a night elf dancing in World of Warcraft...

holyfear1du4.png

Please give my blog some luv 0.0

I certainly like the guide, but I read the exact same one over at RSC.

Can I see some proof you're actually the original owner of the guide?

Well, is the fact that im the same person who posted it on rsc proof enough? :wink:

nice guide, maybe you should mention, that if you want money do 63-99 on chins :D 35m or so from the 48k chins u get

remember 63 - 80 is nothing compared to 80 - 99, you lose barely any money by just going ahead and getting faster exp by doing the red salamanders. And really if you wanted the money you could probably do a little more after 99 and get the same amount of chins faster than doing the 63 - 80. Nice guide btw :)

HipHop.png

TheDark or Kevinnv on other forums.

Very nice guide. Loads of pictures, and I like how it's split into sections. I'll be following this guide throughout my hunter journey.

Just one question, are orange salamanders much faster experience than spotted kebbits?

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Red salamanders till lvl 80? :shock: arent red chins better xp than that? At least i have done 63-73 with red chins and cant complain about the exp...

Very nice guide overall though :)

i got 50k xp on red salamanders per hour, and 40k on chins.

great guide!

Poopuidiot.gif

proud owner of a crystal bow 1/7/07 :)

my sig hates me, I cant get it to work :(