*UPDATED V.3* Barbarian Assault Tips and Tricks

Hooya2

World 6 Barbarian Assault 4ever!!!!

*UPDATED* added pics moved some text around, added to the Additional Features section.

*UPDATED V.3* Completely revamped the Point Breakdown section, it really deserves a second look now. Edited a few sections, trying to make them more readable and less text-intensive. Added a couple tips and tricks to a few sections too.

Most of this is standard fare, and shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be useful to you B.A. pros, but there are a few diamonds in the rough. If you learn anything useful from this thread, anything at all, I ask you, nay, I lay this upon you as a sacred dutyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

racistmodhq9.png Racist Mod (may or may not have been taken out of context)

Figuring out what to put in my signature just takes too much work.

If your still reading this, your a noob.

lol

Fighter hat is also a good reward item to use for PC. It gives +5 to stab, slash, and crush attacks and defense comparable to Rune Full Helm.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

oh... im a noob, is that better than worse than say, helm of neitzinot?

lol

hmmm good point, i will

lol

the best place for bad bait is south of the traps, so that the penance runners run right back to the good bait on the traps-note that the bait in front of the runners exit may make it hard to get them to the traps

the bad bait in front of the exits is to keep them from leaving, which is my biggest concern

if you place a lure line leading from the bad bait to one of the traps, runners will usually follow it and die

lol

I too love the Barbarian Assault minigame. THough I knew everthing on this guide, you ahve some great tips for people who don't play it much. Like dancing with the queen. I do that during my queen battles. It really helps. Good guide. 9/10. :thumbsup:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

First off, the the cannon does not cost you points, but u GAIN less points. If you kill something with the cannon, you don't get then points for killing it, so in a way you do lose points.

Another error, is "dancing" with the queen. This works on normal monsters because they only atk one person at a time. In this case, the queen will shoot at every1 else with magic, and melee you with her head. SO this dosn't work.

Your "Evil PLan" won't actully work, after a while, and a certain amount is healed, it will no longer award points.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

i hate it when people talk about stuff they don't know. like this fool

First off, the the cannon does not cost you points, but u GAIN less points. If you kill something with the cannon, you don't get then points for killing it, so in a way you do lose points.

Another error, is "dancing" with the queen. This works on normal monsters because they only atk one person at a time. In this case, the queen will shoot at every1 else with magic, and melee you with her head. SO this dosn't work.

Your "Evil PLan" won't actully work, after a while, and a certain amount is healed, it will no longer award points.

your wrong about all three points.

1. you always get the same amount of set points, even if you use the cannon to kill some monsters. that is a FACT you idiot, RESEARCH IT BEFORE YOU SAY ITS NOT TRUE!!!

2. the queen only ever focuses on one person, if your that person and she can't get you she WON'T FIRE, that's a FACT you idiot, TRY IT BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

3. truth is i've never tried the "Evil Plan", but im going to go out on a limb and say you haven't either

go back to the RSOF you jerk

having said that, i just want to say; im open to debate on what people say, but if you think i'm wrong, get some evidence before you start posting stupid stuff like this

lol

About the 'Evil Plan'; I've been playing BA a lot over the past couple of weeks trying to get a torso, and the most I've ever seen on hits healed was 512. This number cropped up several times, so my theory is there is a cap, and 512 is it.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

About the 'Evil Plan'; I've been playing BA a lot over the past couple of weeks trying to get a torso, and the most I've ever seen on hits healed was 512. This number cropped up several times, so my theory is there is a cap, and 512 is it.

now thats a reasonable argument; i'll add it, see what ppl say, and if other ppl agree ill rewrite the "evil plan" bit

thx for the input =D>

lol

Yeah, i think its 512 as the cap for healing because i remember reading in another guide that that was the cap.

Btw, nice guide!!

Don't ask me for what I do for fun.

Anyways, what I do for fun (besides RS) is to tear up assignments I get and then try to re-create them. It's so much fun =D.

(I also like differrent things.(and purple ))

Hasaple2.png

Hasaple2.png

my technology level is 3 :wall: i can't add pictures. lol im a noob

lol

In the final wave (10) a Collector should use the horn of glory until the queen is there. No matter everybody will get 80 pts in their role and 5 in all other roles so it doesn't matter what they do. Horn of glory is also a safe spot. Only the queen can hit you there

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif

Updates completed! Pictures added! Excuse for me to bump my thread given!! 8-) Sweet.

lol

i hate it when people talk about stuff they don't know. like this fool

your wrong about all three points.

1. you always get the same amount of set points, even if you use the cannon to kill some monsters. that is a FACT you idiot, RESEARCH IT BEFORE YOU SAY ITS NOT TRUE!!!

2. the queen only ever focuses on one person, if your that person and she can't get you she WON'T FIRE, that's a FACT you idiot, TRY IT BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

3. truth is i've never tried the "Evil Plan", but im going to go out on a limb and say you haven't either

go back to the RSOF you jerk

having said that, i just want to say; im open to debate on what people say, but if you think i'm wrong, get some evidence before you start posting stupid stuff like this

Apparently you havnt every played BA.

I play it ofen, 500 points in all, and trying to find that guide on high gambling. Anyways, i have tried all of this. It is try you get set points, but only on queen stage. Look on advanced breakdown. For cannon,You DO get the kill, but you DON't get the points as a team for it. So basically the monster is wasted. And the most obvious thing I can see that you have never played BA ever, or atleast killed queen, is that ur fact 2. The queen fires off a magical atk ay every person in her range, which is every1 unless u hide in the corner doing nothing. This "dancing" trick has been though of billions of ppl, and JAgax thought of it too. So i must say, YOU go do BA a few times and tell me that the queen only atks one guy.

But enough of that lol. Anyone whos played ba knows the queen hits every1.

--

On topic, thouh the guide siint the most effective, its still good for begginers. Also, for pics, use the actual code, and not the link or soemthing, the pics are way to tiny.

Owned_Nex.png

Pantim, i guess i didn't explain some of my tips well enough. It's true that her magic attacks hit everyone, but like every monster ever invented she only fires at one person at a time--even if the attack HITS everyone, only one person is the TARGET. You can tell who she is "focused" on by seeing which of your teammates she is facing. If the person she is "focused" on runs underneath her, she will cease firing until she can reposition herself to fire at that person again. Of course, she only "focuses" on one person for so long; then she will switch to someone else.

Your continued insistence on believing in the unsubstantiated rumor that using the cannon in any way affects the points you earn annoys me greatly. Of course, I've already run tests to disprove this rumor, and the results have been conclusive; I wouldn't have posted that in the guide if i didn't know it to be true. Since you continue to doubt me, I redid my tests, taking pictures this time.

The test was simple; i played wave one through once, acting as a defender, and killed both runners with the traps. I then took a picture of the advanced breakdown. Having done that, I then reset my wave and did wave one again. This time i prevented the runners from escaping, but did not kill either of them; instead, i let the cannon take them both. I myself didn't use the cannon. Another player--it could have been any of them, but it was NOT a defender--shot both runners to death. I then took a picture of that advanced breakdown also.

This is the picture of the advanced breakdown for when the cannon was NOT used:

runnerstrappedxx2.th.png

This is the picture of the advanced breakdown for when the cannon WAS used:

runnerscannonve9.th.png

As you can see from the photos, if you bother to follow the links to look at them in full, the point value for the runners remains the same. This is what i've been saying all along: the amount of points you get for killing ANY penance monster, in ANY way, is constant.

Now, about you, Pantim; apparently, you are an idiot. If you still think I'm wrong, that i've never played Barbarian Assault before, or that I'm even outright LYING, then please post your remarks below. But next time, if you think I'm wrong about something, try getting some PROOF.

P.S. one good thing came out of this; I'm posting these images on the first post of my guide, so no more idiots come along telling me how wrong I am.

lol

Now, try this test but shoot down all of the defenders. I do agree that you get points for normal killing, but cannon kills don't count. kill all with cannon and post the pic. Lets see the results. onwards, I can tell the queen only focuses on one player at once, like every other monster in runescape, but you see, she or it has a head. If you get under her, she won't try to magic you, she will melee you with her head. While sending those blue rings ar your teammates. So go do that test. I want to see those results.

Owned_Nex.png

lol pantim, i don't know what you mean by the test. I used the cannon to kill the penance, compared that to the points i got when killing them without the cannon, and they were the same. what more can i possibly do?

and if she's meleeing you with her head, you're not under her, you're near her. trust me, this technique does work; stop saying it doesn't and go try it.

lol

I mean ONLY kill them with the cannon.

Also, I was under the queen. The head can reach right below it. Yes, i have tried this. Either way, this doesn't stop the queen from shootin at ur teammates weather or not it is moving/spinning around. Maybe you can be immune froom the attacks for a microsecond or two, but not as much as yu mak it out to be.

Owned_Nex.png

I too love the Barbarian Assault minigame. THough I knew everthing on this guide, you ahve some great tips for people who don't play it much. Like dancing with the queen. I do that during my queen battles. It really helps. Good guide. 9/10. :thumbsup:

So i suppose i hired this guy to say that dancing with the queen works?

and for you "I mean ONLY kill them with the cannon" comment, that's EXACTLY WHAT I DID in my second test. And, big surprise, i didn't lose any points for it.

lol