The Ultimate Guide to Herblore: V2!

lavaownz

63herb.jpg

This guide is LONG so use CTRL F to find what you want to know.

Quick starting note: If you look at my stats, you will see I only have 64 Herblore. You may ask how I can make the ultimate guide when Im a mere 64, but I know many things about training Herblore and getting ingredients, so please do not flame me.

Introduction

Herblore, one of the many skills in runescape, was originally called herblaw. In its days, it has seen very few updates. Many people only level up this to do Legends quest and then forget about it, yet when they do that, they lose many benefits of this skill. In my guide, I will teach you how to level up Herblore, get second ingredients, as well as monsters you can kill to aid you in your quest to 45 (Legends Quest), 85 (New finale potion level with mix) or 99.

Table of Contents

-Part One- Basic Guide to Herblore

-Part Two- Getting vials

-Part Three- How to obtain herbs

-Part Four- Getting your second ingredients in seconds!

-Part Five- High-level alternatives to chaos druids

-Part 5.5- Other Alternatives

-Part Six- Mix potions

-Part Seven- Extra hints and tips

-Part One-

The basic guide to Herblore

Herblore is the combination of Herbs, adding those to water filled vials (wfv on forums) and then adding a second ingredient (2nd on forum). This creates potions that can have range from increasing your strength, to giving you more run energy!

vialherb.jpg

NOTE: to fully experience Herblore, it is an advantage to be a good merchant so you can buy herbs, make potions, and sell the potions to either break even or make money, but my guide is not about merchanting, more about DIY.

Well here is my own personal, basic guide to leveling

#-# levels to use this method-Potion

Sell ability

Price to sell (Makes you money if you get things yourself)

1-3 Druidic Ritual (Quest)

3-12-Attack potions

Low

200gp-500 gp

12-15/38-Strength Potions

Low (in members) High (free play Pking worlds in Edgeville)

1k-1.5k

*15-38-Serum 207

None (no one buys them)

38-45/Any-Prayer Potions

High

7k is common, 8k in pking worlds

44-Any-Harralander Tar

Medium

Hard to say, around 300+ ea

45-55-Super Attack potions

Low on its own, high in a super-set

1k is a common price doesnt go much higher

55-63/66/Any-super Strength Potions

Medium on its own (High in pking worlds), high in a super set

4k-5k

63-Any-Super Restore Potion

High

9k really easy to sell

66-Any-Super Sets

NOTE: Super sets are super strength, super attack, and super defense potions

High on Pking worlds

72-Any-Range Potions

Medium

81-Any-Saradomin Brew

Medium

This is how most people level, and you can find some people making businesses out of it, trading seeds for toadflax in a 2 seeds for 3 flax ratio. They get Herblore xp and the other person makes money.

*Quick Herblore tip for making serum 207 (requires shades of Morton and I recommend you do in Aid of the Myrque)

Gather 12 Tarromin, 12+ water filled vials, and 12+ ashes and make 12 serum 207. Combine them to make 9 four-dose potions. Then head to Morton and use one dose on one citizen. They will award you with something. It can range from logs to coins to a tinderbox. What you really want though is Tarromin that they give you. Make these into more potions and you will be able to continue doing this. I found that if you start with 9 four dose potions, you will end with 12+ herbs so you will always have more than you started with. This method is cheap and effective up to the upper 40s.

Quick Herblore Tip for making Harralander tar: The reason I put this is because 1: Its like cutting bows, you do not have to do anything, 2: not many people really know how to make it. First, withdraw all the tar you will use, a pestle and mortar, and 26 Harralanders. Simply click on the Harralanders and then on the tar, right click make all in the chat box, and you will Make All. YOU NEED 15 TAR PER HARRALANDER!!!

Why this is a good idea: Harralanders run for 1k-1.5k each, and tar goes for 250ea. so 15k tar=3.75m, 1k Harralanders=1m (4.75m) selling those for 300 each gets you 4.5m (250k loss) but they can go for more in bulk. With the Tar giving 72.5 experience each, losing 250 each tar means 3gp per experience. I for one have not tried selling them, but I plan to in the future.

The Cape

Yup, the cape of Herblore

You can obtain it by going to the alter in northern Taverly, there is a person there with the skill cape, simply ask him for it.

herblorecape.jpg

The emote

You take a vial; add a few things to it, and it turns purple.

herbcape1.jpgherblorecape2.jpg

-Part Two-

How and where to obtain your water filled vials -

One of the many parts needed to make a potion. Water filled vials (wfv) are readily available on the official forums, but for a hefty sum. They can range from 250-300ea yet from stores with a little extra effort, you can buy them for 3gp each! Here are the best places to buy them

Here is the first store. This is located in Taverly; the closest bank is Falador so I recommend teleport runes. Good thing here is not many people go hear so you do not need to hop too often

eon-1.jpg

TIP: It is faster (by around 10 seconds walking) to go south of the west bank, hop over the fence, and go north as opposed to going north to Taverly.

The next spot is in Ardrouge General Store. You can easily get to the bank, so you do not need teleport runes. Many people go here so you will need to hop often.

wfv2.jpg

The third, and in my opinion the best spot, is in Shilo village (Shilo Village quest needed). The bank is very close, but the odds are you will need to hop. In addition, there are normal vials here that you can buy also, so this place is good.

vfv3.jpg

Now, there is one more way, which requires no world hopping, but has its down sides. This is the farmhouse in northern Catherby. If you go there and buy the potions to heal plants, you can walk to the bank and empty them thus giving you a fair amount of vials. Not many people use this method and if you walk, it should always be stocked with vials, so a good option if you do not mind emptying the vials and later filling them.

vial1.jpg

1. The Fastest Method: Catherby farming shop. You mention this one, but you missed a large part. You can empty the vials on the way to the sink (between the shop and the bank) and then fill them there. This averages 27 WFV every 72 seconds.

BIG NOTE: the best water source location is lumbridge basement bank

the sink is right behind the counter(requires RFD to be started)[/quote

If you have not beaten RFD yet, the best place is north of the west Falador bank.

wfv.jpg

The new FASTEST way to fill vials is use the humidify spell in the new lunar book.

2. Entrana herblore Shop. Take the hot air balloon to Entrana buy vials and fill them at the sink in the shop, then duel ring back to CW. This averages 27 WFV every 75 seconds. The cost is actually cheaper than using the catherby shop method because vials are less expensive then plant cure. (Entrana vials cost 810gp less per trip, more than compensating for the duel ring purchase). You can also yse a yew to get back to CW, but that will cost you 300 per trip, about the same as a duel ring (300 x 8 trips is 2,400), and the added time is not worth it.

As you said yourself, not really worth it. It is better to use one of the other routes I have in my guide. I would prefer a different method that gives you more vials per gp, and you need to do a quest (even if it is easy) and then unlock the Castle Wars route.

3. Buying Attack potions. I have purchased literally 3,000 attack pots for 200gp each. This is the same price, or cheaper than WFV on the market. Just empty and fill in the Lumby basement like you mentioned.

That is a good way, if you manage to find someone selling a lot of attack potions.

4. Another free but slow way is to get on world 18 edge and just pick them up. The PKers drop them all over.

As you said: slow, it is much more worth it to use a different (safer) method

- Part Three-

How to get your herbs

Now that you have all the vials you could possibly use, you need herbs.

The most common way to get herbs is by killing chaos druids, but are they the best? Look in section 5 (high-level alternatives to chaos druids) if you are so impatient that you cannot wait.

The first way is obviously killing monsters, the most common being chaos druids, yet chaos druids are not the best. If you go to them anywhere you are never alone, even in the wilderness, the most dangerous place to kill them, there are always a boatload of people there.

The second way to obtain herbs is from farming. This way you can guarantee what herb you will get, but not necessarily guarantee that they will not die and thus lose your money.

Catherby Patch (Northern Catherby)

cammypatch.jpg

Falador Patch (Southeast of Falador)

fallypatch.jpg

Port Phasmatys (West of the Ectophial Teleport)

pppatch.jpg

And North Ardrouge

ardy.jpg

Here is where you can farm Herbs:

herbpatch.jpg

After farming herbs you will get around 3-11 herbs each time

I have been flamed many, many times stating that you CAN get up to 19 herbs from one spot. Although this has never happened to me, I will put this here, so I hope you all stop flaming.

TIP: Using magic Secateurs (from Fairy Tale part 1) increase your amount of herbs by 10% automatically giving you a minimum of 3 herbs when you farm, and giving a max of 19.

TIP: Also, using super compost will give you an increased max amount of herbs, and a greater chance of the herb plant not catching the disease.

TIP: If you spend a lot on rarer seeds, and you want them to 100% not die, use the patch from My Arms Big Adventure quest because My Arm will look after them for you!

Another alternative is Mini Games (4 in particular) here is a basic outline:

Sorceress Garden

Goutweed Mini Game

Pest Control

Kingdom Managing

Sorceress Garden

Sorceress Garden is a new mini game where you pick sqirks make that into a drink and give that to Osman. Yet not everyone knows there is an herb pile in each of the areas where you can get some nice herbs (2 per run).

You can start by speaking to Osman, who will tell you to go to the Sorceress house. Talk to the apprentice and she will lead you to the Garden. Go through any of the gates, and try to avoid the gaze of the elemental guards.

Here are charts I made of what herbs to expect from the gardens out of 20 tries

Winter (easy)

Guam-6

Marrentill-5

Tarromin-5

Harralander-4

Spring (medium-easy)

Guam-3

Marrentill-8

Tarromin-3

Harralander-2

Avantoe-4

Autumn (medium-hard)

Guam-2

Tarromin-2

Marrentill-3

Harralander-3

Ranarr-3

Irit-2

Kwuarm-3

Canditine-2

Summer (hard)

Guam-4

Marrentill-2

Tarromin-2

Harralander-4

Ranarr-3

Irit-1

Kwuarm-2

Canditine-2

Overall, I think summer is best because you get a large amount of different herbs, and the whole course is very simple to master. I only was caught if I miss-clicked and as long as you are moving, the guards do not seem to notice a lot. Still, this game can be very frustrating, so unless you really like this mini-game (or you do not mind your blood pressure rising) I recommend against using this for herbs.

Goutweed

Not really considered a mini-game and can sometimes be more frustrating than Sorceress Garden. (Is that even possible?) Anyway, you can start this after you did Edgers Rouse. Go to the troll stronghold

You can get there by going to the entrance below My Arm/just west of Tollheim Teleport. Go through the gate, go south, down the staircase and you will be by the area with the cooks. There is another stair just west of there. Go down it. Follow that path and you will find an area with guards.

Here were my results from 13 gout weed (couldnt stand do it any more)

Guam-4

Marrentill-3

Tarromin-2

Harralander-2

Avantoe-1

Kwuarm-2

Unid (above snap)-2

TIP: There is a good Goutweed guide in the Archive of Wisdom

Pest Control

Finally, there is Pest Control. This game is normally associated with combat experience, but you can get herbs to. You can exchange 30 points for an herb pack that always contains the following herbs:

herbpack.jpg

3 Harralander

2 Toadflax

2 Ranarr

3 Irit

1 Avantoe

4 Kwuarm

herbpacks3.jpg

Ok, it takes approx. 2 minutes per game, and 4 points (max) per game. 30 points per pack, so 15 minutes per pack, so 4 packs per hour. This equals 60 herbs per hour

When I first figured this, it was not great but then I rethought this. If you look farther in the guide, you can expect 60 herbs per hour from only 3 monsters. I will not spoil which 3 but, if you do not need the combat experience, you could spend pest control points on Herblore.

Kingdom Management

You also missed the option to collect herbs from the kingdom of miscellania. I have from my kingdom and received a lot of herblore experience from it. They charge you 826.4gp per herb and no Guam or Marrentill is collected.

I agree with the kingdom management scheme. If you get them to collect herbs up to the max' and lets say fishing on the side, you can generate about 700k from potion sales with about 500k invested and thats not including the 750 raw swordies and 1500 raw tuna.

I estimate the XP to be in the region of 45,000 per week. (Invest 1.3M, cost 500k, returns 700k = 200k profit - keep favor up to 100% - go back in 7 days and refresh).

During that time, you can collect seconds, vials etc and merchant unids. You neglected the merchanting part if you want to collect herbs quickly.

Might I recommend when you're starting out in Herblore and intend to level the skill, NEVER to sell any unids. It can mean the difference in gaining a level whenever you are in a position to make the next potion up.

I think money-making comes into it because it can be more than self-funding once you can make prayer and super strength pots. And you need money to get serious with this skill.

Thanks for reminding, I finally got around to writing a guide, so here it is:

Ok well managing your kingdom is pretty simple, but there are a lot of calculations involved.

NOTE: This is all on herbs, but the same principles apply for all items.

NOTE: Before you start, I recommend at least 1.35m and the ability to part with it.

To start you must have done Throne of Miscellanea but I recommend you do Royal Trouble also.

First, talk to Ghrim on the second floor of the Miscellanea Castle. Ask how your kingdom is faring. For the purpose of this put 100% on herbs and 50% on whatever you want, (I suggest maples because you make the most profit).

Now, you should go to the other island (they are actually two islands connected with a bridge) and west of the bank (located on the northeastern part of the island), you will see teak and mahogany trees. Get out your woodcutting axe and start cutting teaks (note, you do not get xp for this). Eventually the man who is also cutting teaks will tell you that you have 100% approval rating (will explain later) and you can stop.

Now put your 1.35m in coifers into it by pressing deposit.

Why 1.35?

Because, everyday the workers take 10% of the money away (max of 75k) and this is based on a weeklong kingdom. If you only put in 750k, the workers would take 75k the first day, but less the second. If you put in 1.35m, it will last for a week and a few extra days if you cannot find to the time to take your items to your bank.

Come back in a week and you will have your herbs and maples. Simply sell the maples (80ea) at Catherby bank and you should have made back some of the money you spent on the kingdom. Then, just sell some pots you get from the herbs to make the rest of the money back.

WARNING: Technical statistics ahead

First, look at the table found on tip.its guide

Ok so this is how the 75k per day is spent. Therefore, with 10 workers on herbs (costing 826.4 gp) will get you roughly + or 50 herbs per day. However, let us say your approval is not 100%. Let us say 90%. Therefore, your workers will be working, but only using 90% of the 75k, well still taking 75k out. When spending only 67.5k this ends up with you only getting 45 (ish) herbs per day well still spending the money to get 50. This is like spending money to 10k Nature, but only getting 9k. I hope that this is not confusing, just keep your approval up. If you miss a few days, it will not kill you, but just do your best.

Here is what you can expect (nest-wise) from the kingdom:

-Part Four-

Getting your second Ingredients in Seconds!

So here, I will list the second, in the order of level that the potion requires to make.

NOTE: I included a Per Hour. That is how many you should get per hour. That is based on 6 minute testing, or calculating the time it takes to get to that place, get the item, and come back; so if run energy is an issue, the number is not accurate.

NOTE: The amount per hour is with running, so if you walk you can figure about half per hour.

Eye of Newt

The best place to get it is from the same place you got your vials: The herb store in Taverly

eon.jpg

Well running the whole time (super potions) and factoring my errors, I was able to do five loads in 6 minutes each giving me 26 newts because of teleport tabs

Per Hour: 1,300

(If you did not read this before) TIP: It is faster (by around 10 seconds walking) to go south of the west bank, hop over the fence, and go north as opposed to going north to Taverly.

Alternatively, if you have glories, you can use Betty (the magic storeowner) in Port Sarim. She sells them at the same price as Taverly. It is faster than Taverly if you use glories.

This saves one inventory space

Per Hour: Around 1,400

TIP: If your free play, you can buy eyes of newt and sell them to members. I have never tried it, but for low-level merchanting, many guides suggest it.

That is only the best place to BUY them. The best place to GET them is actually creature Creation mini-game found under the Temple of Life. (Temple of Life Quest)

In order to get the eye of newt, bring 1 eye of newt (for the first time) and around 10 feathers. Use both of these items on the alter then activate. A level 19 Newtroost (combination of eye of newt and chicken) will appear. Simply kill it, put the items back on the alter, and activate it again. They drop between 2-17 eye of newt which means around 3-5 kills for a full inventory.

Per Hour:

1 minute to get there (running), 2 minutes walking

It takes 2 minutes to kill enough for a full inventory, then teleport back and bank

520 Per hour, better to use above methods

newtroost.jpg

Over all, the creature creation is a waste of time since using Betty can get you almost triple to amount of eyes per hour.

There WAS a market for rune satchel, but it died down. You may get lucky and find a buyer, but it is unlikely.

Unicorn Horn

These are obtained by killing unicorns. The best place to do this is in the wilderness north of the hill giants (yes, it is multi combat) in level 21. It is best to bring only 1 item (like an abyssal whip dds, or dragon scimmy).

Per Hour: Only a few, maybe 100-200 depending on how fast you get there.

unihorn1.jpg

Like eye of newt, there is also a creature creation way to obtain these. (Read eye of newt for a guide on creature creation) In order to do the creature creation, you need one unicorn horn, and one cowhide (but I recommend around 10). Then a unicow comes, simply kill it and reap the rewards.

Again, as above, it takes 3 minutes to get there, kill enough, and teleport out

Figuring you only get 25 inventory spots (2 extra cowhides)

Around 500 per hour

unicow1.jpg

Overall, it is best to use creature creation, unless you have something against collecting cowhides.

NOTE: for potions, unicorn horn needs to be crushed, so simply use a pestle and mortar with them.

Just like rune satchels, people do not buy green satchels much any more.

Limpwurt roots

These can only be obtained a few ways. One is killing monsters like Hill giants or Hobgoblins. Another way is to buy them from free play for around 1k each. Finally, you can plant them in the flower patch. It takes 16 minutes for them to grow and you are guaranteed 3 Limpwurts.

limpwurt.jpg

I will round that down to 15 minutes each, so 4 times per hour, if they all lives at all 4 patches, 48 per hour

I notice you didn't mention it, but cockatrices drop limpwurt roots pretty often.

Thanks, I forgot about them! (I would also like to mention they require 25 slayer to kill). To all who do not know, they are located in the Slayer cave.

Because drops are luck-based, I cannot say how many per hour, but if you try you can probably get 2-3 full inventory per hour, so 50 (ish) per hour

Combine that with farming and you could get 100 per hour.

Swamp Tar

Along with hunter came salamanders, and along with salamanders came swamp tar ammo.

Two good ways to get it:

One: go to the Lumbridge swamps, kill cave bugs in the northwestern corner, they drop a few every time and are weak.

Two: If you did Lunar Diplomacy, go to the ship (Lady Zay?). In the southern, part, go down the stairs go a little farther south, and you will see these rooms:

swamptar.jpg

All you need to do is click the buckets, each time you do you will get 1 swamp tar. Keep clicking until the bucket is empty and then go to the next. I calculated around 22 seconds for the spawn. (Does not change between low-high populated worlds).

Per hour: You get around 1,260

Definitely best to use Lady Zay

Here is a picture of the full ship; the purple dots are the buckets

NOTE: There is a purple dot in the transportation symbol, but it is hard to see

swamptarboat.jpg

TIP: There is a bucket just north of the ones I recommended, you can try using that if you want.

Ashes

Not many ways to get these, simply killing monsters like demons or (the easier way) burning logs. The best place to do this is at the duel arena or at Edgeville.

To burn them as fast as possible, I like to bring 3 tinderboxes (like in picture). Then go to where I started, and pick up the ashes.

logs.jpg

fire.jpg

NOTE: I do not recommend burning magic logs, I just though they looked Impressive

Per hour: 1 minute to burn the logs

30 seconds for ashes

1 minute to get ashes

25 per load, 24 loads an hour

600 ashes per hour

For even faster ashes, go here (seers) on a populated server to find people burning logs. Just take their ashes (you should ask first, just to be polite). This reduces time to wait for the logs to finish burning.

Per hour: It takes about 1 minute per round, so 1,680

Red Spider eggs

These can be found in only a few places. The best respawn point is in the Edgeville dungeon wilderness. Go north from the entrance and keep gong north, you will come to it.

Respawns are slow, so not many per hour.

This is also the final second you can get from creature creation (for a guide see eye of newt). Simply put RAW sardine and red spider egg.

redspider.jpg

500 or so per hour

TIP: All creature creation monsters drop tea flasks, but they are untradeable

Chocolate dust

This is easily obtained by going to the Culianromancers chest in Lumbridge.

culinaromancers.jpg

You see 50 chocolate here, but that is only if you beat the full Recipe for Disaster quest. Note though there is a lot of competition for chocolate here, so you may want to try the shop at the gnome stronghold. Alternatively, you could just buy them from the forums, but they are around 600+ each.

Very nice guide, I might suggest that in Nardah, I believe there is the chocolate seller which is a very nice alternate to not having rfd chest.

Thanks, I think that this is a good alternative, but maybe not as good as the one below

Tip: The gnome stronghold restocks 3-4 of chocolate dust + bars if you close and re-open the window.

Well, that might actually be easier, if you mind putting your bank pin to get into your bank every time you world hop at the rfd chest

NOTE: you can get chocolate dust by using a pestle and mortar with a chocolate bar

White Berries

These are hard to get unless you either have 59 farming, beat/started mourning end part one, or enjoy the wilderness.

At 59 farming 16 per hour (lol)

To grow it:

Either use super compost or give the farmer 8 mushrooms (the ones from farming bitter caps at Canifis)

whiteberrybush.jpg

If you started or beat (it does not make a difference) mourning end part one, you can go to a respawn.

NOTE: you do not have to have started Mourning end part one, but that is the only bank and otherwise makes this method useless

whiteberries.jpg

The white square is the respawn. The blue line is the path you follow, the orange lines are traps and the maroon square is a leaf trap. The pink dots are dire wolves. The respawn is quick (every few seconds). Also, if your are 70 mining, there are a few adamant rocks (5 I believe) so you can get those before you fill your inventory. Do be aware, there is a trap before you reach those.

Per Hour

1:10 to get there

3 seconds per respawn, 81 seconds for a full inventory (tele crystal)

2:31 per load of 27

600 or so per hour

The final way is through the wilderness, but I do not suggest it because the respawn is on red dragon isle but you are surrounded by dragons and pkers (Even scarier: no bank for a long while!!). However, it respawns at the same speed as the one in the Elven lands, so it is an ok alternative if you are not using teleport stones.

EDIT: someone did say how good this place is because there are little to no pkers, but there is still no near bank.

Toad Legs

Go to the Grand Tree; go to the bottom floor, head west, you will be by a swamp. Simply click the frogs to pick them up, and then click them to remove their legs (Yuck!).

Per hour:

From the bank to the its 35 seconds

1:15 for a full load, 35 seconds back

700 per hour

Ground Goats Horn

One of the newest editions to Herblore is found by going into the desert and killing goats (obviously). Each time you kill one you will get a horn. The easiest way to get these is to take the carpet to Pollnivneach and slightly north, there are 3 goats. You can either bank by going back through the shanty pass or use the house portal and have your butler bank.

Good guide, can I suggest for the desert goat horns you use the set of 4 west of the Nardah bank.

Pros - more to kill, bank on your doorstep, statue of elid to restore hp if low level

cons - longer walk if you havent got carpets.

Thanks, I did not know they were there! My suggestion would only be better if you had a butler and do not mind paying money for a little quicker banking.

i found a fantastic way to get goat horns that is really close to bank. however it only works if you have compleated Contact!

ok so near the temple to the lesser gods there is a hole

right though the hole there is 3 goats just hanging out kill them for their horns, go back though the rock you came out of, bank, and repeat. you do need water because you are in the desert

That is easily the best way to collect them, but again, only if you did Contact!

30 seconds to get there,

1 minute to collect

30 seconds back

840 per hour

NOTE: you have to use a pestle and mortar to make the goat horns ground

Snape Grass

There is only really one way to do this but there are many alternatives. First go to waterbirth isle, and there are 6 respwns, simply pick a full inventory and leave.

snapegrass.jpg

Now the method I use is the best but it requires the completion of Lunar Diplomacy and 72 magic. Simply wear your Seal of Passage, teleport to waterbirth, pick a full inventory, and teleport to Lunar Isle, bank and repeat.

Per Hour: 900

While walking around the island, I found a respawn of 9 snape grass and I wanted to se if that is any better.

After trying it out, I found the northern snape grasses are inaccessible without going around, so again only 6 spawns, but there close together.

snapegrass-1.jpg

Per Hour: 900 again BUT you do not use as much energy, thus maybe making it more.

There are two other methods, one being picking up the snape grass and going to your house (outside of rellaka) and banking with your butler. The other one is using lyres to teleport to rellaka; get a full inventory of snape grass, and teleporting to Camelot.

actually there is another way of obtaining snape grass which is the fastest in the game but does have its requirements

first off, you must have only started Fremnik Trials quest so that that one person in relekka will bank your items in your inventory for you. Second this does require a lot of money, but will certainly pay off in the end. So what you do is pay the dude at the dock 1000gp to take you to that one island where there is tons of snape grass around the edges. Then you just collect a full inventoryand go back and the man will bank all your snape grass, but before you talk to him, just drop your money on the ground for a second so that he doesnt bank your money. So the 1000gp you payed to ride the boat will be gained back in just two snape grass which will give you a profit of 25 snape grass per trip im pretty sure. Then just keep repeating. It is very very fast snape grass and can be very profitable if done for a long time.

Wow thanks for finding that! Sadly, many of us have done that quest, but for those who have not this way seems amazing!

..Another way to collect Snape Grass:

Have a house in Rimmington. There is a spawn on the hobgoblin isle (Near the crafting guild). 3 spawn there, and come back pretty fast. The walk is shorter than the Relleka method, but there are half as many respawns. Bank with a butler when needed.

The thing about this is the respawns are slower and much more populated. In addition, it costs money.

Note: Another way you can get snape grass, (If you have done Fremmy Trials) is to go to Waterbirth island, get a full inventory of snape grass, then go back to Relekka. Go to the other dock to the right of the one to go to Waterbirth Island talk to the sailor, and go to Miscellania/Etceteria, and there is a bank on the north-eastern corner of the island. I use this a lot, and its relatively fast.

I do not really like this method because its slow, but I guess its an alternative for those who have not done Lunar Diplomacy, and refuse to make lyres... but honestly, if youre serious about snape grass, just make lyres or do lunar diplomacy quest.

Mort Myre Fungi

These can be found in mort myre by using your blessed silver sickle on rotting logs. There are not many good places to do this, but this video outlines the best way to get them:

El Cusco made a video about collecting fungi.

He sped it p at the fungi probably x2, so around 3 minutes for 25 fungi (runes and sickle), 20 loads per hour, 500 per hour if you run.

(pretty much the same method, but written)

Requirements:

50 construction

Canifis portal in your house

Alter in your house (preferably close to the portal)

Done nature spirit (duh)

You need house teleport runes, or house tabs.

Where boots of lightness and a spotted/spottier cape.

This works best with 50+ prayer

Teleport to canifis through you house (blue dot), and run to the red circle.

Around there are 3 logs together, stand where your blessing will hit all of them. Its random how many it will get fungi off of, but it will always be at least 1. If you're low prayer it would be good to bring a prayer pot/super restore.

When your inventory is full, teleport to your house, recharge your prayer, then teleport to canifis. Bank, and repeat.

:)

Kebbit Teeth Dust

To get these, go to the troll hunter area (D-K-S) in the south-west area and set up a dead fall (made by clicking on the bolder with a knife and a log of any kind in your inventory). In a few seconds, you should have a nice squished kebbit who will give you a tooth.

kebbet.jpg

15 minutes for a full load (26)

100 per hour

NOTE: you have to use a pestle and mortar to make kebbit teeth dust

Ground Gorak Claw

To get to Goraks you need to start fairy tale part 2 and use the fairy ring code D-I-R to reach them. They are level 143 and are very aggressive. Protect prayers DO NOT WORK!! Once out of about 3 kills you will get a claw. They can hit 13 so watch out!

When you first go there run to the safe spot shown (you can melee them, but be careful!) and you should have a few follow you. Kill the second one (like I am doing) until there is only one left. This is so you can avoid the one the respawns in the safe spot. When you find that Gorak, lead it to the other side of the wall (shown in second picture) and do not attack them. You are safe until you get a full inventory of Claws.

goraks.jpg

gorak2.jpg

TIP: They are some of the best gem droppers in the game! Every time you get a claw, you will almost always get a gem!

NOTE: to grind them up, use a pestle and mortar

Per Hour: 25+ depending on your stats

Star Flower

To get a starflower go to a fairy ring C-K-P. You will be in an open area with nothing to special right away. Wait for a few seconds and green sprouts will appear, a few more seconds and flowers will bloom. Simply pick those. Use that on the potion first than the Gorak claw.

sprout.jpg

Per Hour: You could get a good amount of these, around 500

Ground Blue Dragon Scale

This is pretty simple: go to Taverly Dungeon Blue dragon room and there are some respawns. The best thing to do id have 70 agility (67 with potion) and go through the tunnel, pick up some scales and teleport to Falador. (Teletabs recommended)

42 seconds to get there

1:30 to collect the scales

700 per hour

NOTE: to grind them, use them on a pestle and mortar

Nail Beast Nails

There is only one spot to get these, that using the temple trekking mini game. I recommend going on route 1 with one of the hardest people to use/ the weaker people. Simply escape all events except for nail beasts

nailbeast.jpg

They hit pretty fast, 3 attacks, wait a few seconds, 3 more attacks, but they are not all the accurate.

nailbeastatt.jpg

It is impossible to find out how many you will get per hour, each event has 5 Nail Beasts, and you can probably get 10 events per hour, if youre lucky. So I say 50(ish) per hour.

Tree roots

Two potions use tree roots. Simply dig up a tree that you planted with the farming skill. These are rarely sold and the potions are not in great circulation. I recommend staying away from these.

Per Hour: 4 trees, so 4 roots

NOTE: In Herblore you only use yew and magic roots.

Wine of Zamorak

Go to the small church near the wilderness north of Falador. Either use telekinetic grab or kill all the monks of Zamorak and take the wine. It respawns every 20-25 seconds so you could spend a while there. Alternatively, you can buy them from free players for around 1k each.

30 seconds to get there

3 items in your inventory, so 25 space for wine

10 minutes per load (if spawn is 25 seconds)

150 per hour

winezam.jpg

Cactus Spine

Pick them off a cactus you plant in Al-karahad

cactuspatch.jpg

nice guide

i have found another way to get cactus spines and coconut milk

it however does require 58 hunter

with the new mini-game Impetuous Impulses you can hunt nature implings

nature implings give cactus spines and coconuts frequently and besides that they also drop a fair amount of herb seeds and some other seeds

(i know that i can't use spines and coconut milk yet but i just thought you would like to know this for your guide ::' )

The best place to find these is the southeast area of the crop circles. This is one "Corn field" (or what ever it is) from the corner, you will see some people there normally. They require 58 hunter to catch.

Per Hour: 3 from cactus, random from implings. I say you could get 10-20 per hour from the nature implings. So 15 (as an average) per hour

I herd on the forums JAGex changed the respawn function, meaning that it is more random, and possibly rarer.

Coconut Milk

Use a hammer on a coconut (gotten from a palm tree grown with farming) with an empty vial in your inventory.

nice guide

i have found another way to get cactus spines and coconut milk

it however does require 58 hunter

with the new mini-game Impetuous Impulses you can hunt nature implings

nature implings give cactus spines and coconuts frequently and besides that they also drop a fair amount of herb seeds and some other seeds

(i know that i can't use spines and coconut milk yet but i just thought you would like to know this for your guide ::' )

The best place to find these is the southeast area of the crop circles. This is one "Corn field" (or what ever it is) from the corner, you will see some people there normally.

I herd on the forums JAGex changed the respawn function, meaning that it is more random, and possibly rarer.

Potato Cactus

There are respawns in the room with Kalphite Workers and in The Queens lair. Bring a few K to Shantay Pass; buy a rope and a Shantay Pass. Walk west to the lair; pick up the potato cactuses, and ring of dueling out of there.

cactuspotato.jpg

1:10 to get there

30 seconds per spawn, around 4 minutes

5 minutes per 27; 324 per hour

Jangerberries

Grown with farming or gotten by going to the island west of Yanille. To get to the island, go west of Yanille, there is a small lake. The west part of the lake there is a Long Branched Tree that is not on the isle. Use a rope on the branch and swing to the island. There are 4 respawns and you are behind it by about a second if you run.

The green circle is the tree; the purple dots are the Jangerberries

Jangetisland.jpg

NOTE: Trolls do not auto attack

It takes 50 seconds to run there and back 1:40 walking

It takes 1:50 to get Jangerberries running, 3:40 walking

So running, 3:30 per run, which is 18 runs per hour

Meaning 504 Jangerberries per hour

Crushed Birds Nest

Gotten 3 ways: First (and Slowest) got from woodcutting. If you are lucky, a bird nest will fall from the tree. Second: gotten from manage your kingdom. This can take a while but will get you many nests if you put your workers on maples.

nice guide! but one tiny little thing :boohoo:

Crushed Birds Nest

Gotten 3 ways: First (and Slowest) got from woodcutting. If you are lucky, a bird nest will fall from the tree.

this goes faster by using a rabbit's leg, you can get this with hunting (woodland)

all the other stuff is great :thumbsup:

Thanks for noticing. You can get rabbit feet from hunting rabbits, taking their feet, and stringing them. How to: First, do Eagles Peak Quest and then catch a ferret using a box trap. Then put a rabbit snare (bought at hunter store) in front of rabbit holes (found in the same area as ferrets). Then, right-click flush when you have the ferret in your inventory. You should get a rabbit in your trap, click it and you will get some items and a rabbit foot. Just use a ball of wool with it and you can wear it.

Third and best is to kill the giant mole. He drops skin and claws, which you can give to the gardener in Falador garden for bird nests.

mole.jpg

Per Hour: It is best to solo the mole to keep all claws and skin, but maybe you can find someone who will give you skin and claws and they keep the drop. You can kill about 20 per hour if your high-leveled, with 3 being the average of skin and claws combined, 60 nests per hour.

TIP: there is a guide in the Archive of Wisdom on mole killing

NOTE: you can kill molanisk for claws and skins, but they only have a 1 in 200-drop rate

NOTE: Normal bird nests cannot be noted from your bank! Only crushed ones can be

NOTE: to make crushed nests, use a pestle and mortar on a bird nest

Nightshade

Can be farmed at Draynor Manor Patch using Belladonna seeds; requires level 63 farming.

Nightshade. Isn't there a spawn during the watchtower quest. I am pretty sure there is. In the northern cave, between CW en yanille. I am pretty positive there is. Must have started Watchtower quest and have the map + a lantern. But it works :P

Yep there is one. You can get the map piece back as well after completing the quest. The spawn is very slow thoguh, so bring along some alchables and high alch away until you have a full inventory of belladonna.

35 seconds per respawn

Around 100 at the most per hour, 95 counting time to get there

Ok, I did not know if you could still use after you beat the quest.

Poison Ivy seeds

Can be farmed at a bush patch; requires level 70 farming.

Not much else I can say about these 16 per hour

- Part Five-

High-level alternatives to chaos druids

The main part that my guide is/was centered around. This took me awhile to do but after killing 100 of each of these monsters I have determined what you can expect (herb-wise) every 10 kills.

NOTE: In this section, I say good herbs and just herbs. Good herbs refer to what a medium-high level herbalist would keep. The good herbs are Harralander or higher.

What monsters?

I tested these alternatives:

Outlaws

Cave Crawlers

Sarlain the Twisted

Aberrant specter

I compared them all to chaos druids

This was my method

I started out with killing 100 of each and listing every drop

Then I took the amount of herbs out of each 10 drops and made them into percentages

(I.e. I get 4 herb drops in 10 kills, so the odds of a drop is 40%)

Then I found out an average for the whole 100 kills

Then I repeated the process for the percentages of good herbs

I will say you have an X% chance of getting an herb and than the same for a good herb. DO NOT add those together. It is a basic figure and I will also include the basic odds of getting a good herb out of that X% of herbs. (If you do not understand, look below and I hope you will. If you still do not, mention that and I will try to explain better)

So let us start out with chaos druids

Basic Guide

Wear something like this

chaosdruidinv.jpg

With that inventory also. This is made for killing in Taverly dungeon and the teletabs are for banking in Falador. You could kill the chaos druids in the Edgeville dungeon by using the glory to bank.

The black dragon hide is simply for protection. One of the chaos druids attack is mage based so it offers good bonuses, also saves you from mage pkers. You do not have to wear anything though if you do not want to.

Every kill you have a

48% chance of getting an herb

And

16% chance of getting a good herb

Which means in 100 kills you will get?

48 total herbs

And

16 of those will be good

Therefore, you have a 1:3 chance of getting a good herb. Therefore, out of every 3 unids, you will have 1 good herb. Not bad considering they only have 20hp and many people can 1-hit them.

Good

-Easy to kill

-Good percentages

Bad

-Very crowded

If you do not think it crowded look at this:

ppl-1.jpg

This was taken in the wilderness, the least crowded area with still a lot of people.

Other places:

cd.jpg

Where I kill them, 40 (I think) Agility is required, and the door is an exit and an entrance (with 82 thieving!). Otherwise, you have to go slightly north of Yanille, cut a spider wed, and go down stairs. Just follow the path and you will come here (or look down to Sarlain for a full map)

cd2.jpg

This is great, close to a bank and a good amount of druids, but if there is even 1 other person, it becomes really bad. Requires 46 thieving.

Now for the first contender: Outlaws

stand-1.jpg

Outlaws (for those who do not know) where added when the quest What lies Below was released. They were known for dropping a fair amount of herbs but how do they measure up?

location-1.jpg

They are located east of Edgeville so it is best to bring a glory for banking (the cyan square is where a glory teleports you to). You do not need to wear much but I recommend some ok armor weather thats rune or dragon hide it does not matter.

Every kill you have

25% chance of getting an herb

And

10% chance of it being a good herb

25 total herbs

And

10 of those will be good

Therefore, you have a 1:2.5 ration to get good herbs. Based on this, chaos druids are twice as good having 48, which is almost double 25 and 16, which is almost double 10. BUT they do have a better ratio meaning that if you got 100 herbs from chaos druids and 100 from Outlaws, the outlaws would have better herbs.

Good

-Not many people (I wonder why)

-Easy to kill

Bad

-Overall not good for herbs

RANDOM FACT: Outlaws only do damage when they say, Stand and Deliver

So, that was disappointing, lets see how cave crawlers stand up to the power of the chaos druid[\b]

Why cave crawlers?

There mentioned directly in the knowledge base as a good herbs dropper

slayercavelocal.jpg

The orange square and pink path is the house portal location

The red square and purple path is the lyre teleport

The blue square is the fairy ring location (A-J-R)

cavecrwlersinv.jpg

Wear and use what I showed because they will poison you if they hit you so it is best to wear good armor. They do not hit very hard but their poison compensates for that.

NOTE: the pink potion in my inventory in super-anti poison

Every kill you have

31% chance of getting an herb

And

12% chance of it being a good herb

31 total herbs

And

12 of those will be good

Wow, JAGex must have no idea what a good herb dropper is because these are pretty bad, only slightly better than Outlaws, these really are not worth the extra trouble of anti poison potions. Again, they have a ration of 1:2.5 meaning, again, that you will get better Herbs from these than from chaos druids.

sarlain.jpg

Yet again, chaos is ruling the world of Herblore, but Sarlain the Twisted definitely a fair representative of Herblore.[\b]

yanille.jpg

The green dot is the teleport location

The red line is going to the dungeon

The pink line is using a shortcut to the dungeon

The black line is for a major shortcut (82 thieving requirement)

yandun-1.png

The blue and brown lines are obstacles

The yellow dots are chaos druids

The cyan dot is the final obstacle to Sarlain (67 agility, 64 with potion)

The white dot is Sarlain

Sarlain requires you to use basic strike spells to kill him. I recommend using fire strike because it seems the best overall.

sarlaininv2-1.jpg

sarlaininv.jpg

You should use similar runes and armor for a good mage bonus. There are a few safe spots for killing Sarlain there all behind the red line but if you go behind there he will back away which is why I recommend using the two dots so he will back into a grave stone but you ca stay in the safe spot and attack Sarlain.

sinisterkey.jpg

In addition, the main reason people kill him is for the sinister key which is used to open the sinister chest.

sinisterchest.jpg

The herbs in red I got from the chest

NOTE: In my calculations, I included the sinister chest as herbs and as good herbs because they are part of their drop.

Every kill you have

56% chance of getting an herb

And

35% chance of it being a good herb

56 total herbs

And

35 of those will be good

BUT with just herbs it was 29 herbs to 8 good herbs

Just counting the herbs and the keys, Sarlain is better than chaos druids but you do have to remember that it takes around 1 minute to kill him + wait for him to respawn. So better herbs, but longer wait. However, Sarlain does have double the likelihood of getting good herbs (1:1.6 ratio).

TIP: There are also Chaos druids around Sarlain, so you can kill those while you wait for the respawn

abberrant.jpg

The final monster is the famous aberrant specter requiring 60 slayer to kill, but it is a fine specimen of Herblore power.

You can get to them by going to the slayer tower northwest of Canifis and either climbing the [bleep]ed rope or going to the second floor and killing the last monster on the floor.

I absolutely loved these because they gave me a ton of herbs! Here are my 3 bank trips I made (with the other monsters I only made one bank trip when I finished the 100)

asbt1.jpg

asbt2.jpg

asbt3.jpg

Ok for a guide always remember your nose peg and I recommend praying because otherwise you will use constant food against them.

EDIT: I tried using black dragon hide against them, I was able to survive for a little while, but I do have 80 defense, so it may not be the same for everyone.

absetup.jpg

Basically bring out protect from magic and lay it on the smelly ghosts!

Note because of double, triple, and even quadruple herb drops I have one percentage based on just dropping between 1 and 4 herbs and the second is that it will drop one. Like if I get 4 herbs in one kill after 4 kills that would be 100%.

Every kill you have

61%-92% chance of getting an herb

And

46% chance of it being a good herb

92 total herbs

And

46 of those will be good

Aberrant specters are definitely my favorite. With combat level 96 and many herb drops they are formidable, fun, and fantastic for Herblore! Hey, wait a second I thought you said you had to use prayer there, so other monsters you motioned that you do not need prayer for (like chaos druids) be better? Not really. You get enough Ranarr weeds from these to make enough potions and still have more to use elsewhere like at the barrows. Also, this has an exact 1:2 ratio, so these have the best odds of getting good drops.

-Part 5.5-

Extra monsters

Monsters so far

-Men

-Al karid warriors

-Druids

-Flesh Crawlers

The first monster I will investigate is man/men. They have been motioned to drop fair amounts of herbs, but personally, I do not consider what I found "fair".

men.jpg

Every kill you have

13% chance of getting an herb

And

6% chance of it being a good herb

13 total herbs

And

6 of those will be good

Their low level really describes their drop rate: really bad. You are much better off killing chaos druids. Even with their 1:2.1 ratio, they are really, really bad

Another commonly killed monster are Al Karid warriors. They were more often killed "way back when" when there was a rumor going around that they dropped lots of Ranarr weeds. Personally, after killing 100 of them, I only got 2 Ranarr weeds.

akw.jpg

Every kill you have

23% chance of getting an herb

And

12% chance of it being a good herb

23 total herbs

And

12 of those will be good

Better than men, but not nearly as good as chaos druids. A 1:1.9 ratio is pretty good, but I still feel that you should not kill them for herbs.

Druids, what I personally killed when I first started Herblore. Then I found out about chaos druids, and moved on, but did I make the right choice?

YUP!

Guide:

druids.jpg

druid.jpg

Wear this; they are pretty much stronger chaos druids. The bottom is druid robes, which they drop, are equivalent to monks robes for prayer. What? Why do you need prayer? Because right in the center of druid circle (best place to kill them, north of witchs house) is a stone tablet that is an alter to Guthix. I recommend using any strength and attack prayer. Even with that, they are still not worth killing

14% chance of getting an herb

And

3% chance of it being a good herb

14 Total herbs

And

3 of those will be good

They are officially one of the worst well known herb droppers. With a 1:4 ratio, the highest I have found so far, they are definitely not worth it.

Finally (for now), flesh Crawlers. These are on the second floor of the stronghold of security, and are commonly AFK on. There are some guides on the stronghold, but this is the best one.

Tip.its

Official Runescape

My little guide:

fleshcrawlers.jpg

Go here because there was no one here, as opposed to 2+ people at the other spots. As you can see these have good rune drops, and good amount of iron ore.

TIP: They drop bottom of scepter, and well killing 100 I got 5, so its a 1 in 20 drop.

Honestly, I was not excited to go kill 100 of these, because I simply thought that they would stink and were not worth the time, but I was wrong.

41% chance of getting an herb

And

19% chance of it being a good herb

41 Total herbs

And

19 of those will be good

As you can see, they have a 1:2 ratio, and have more common good herb drops than chaos druids. They are goodWell ok, I will admit they are some of the best monsters to kill, and are very easy to kill. You do not even have to do anything. So if you do not have 60 slayer or 62 agility (with potion) and refuse to kill chaos druids, then yes, kill flesh crawlers.

-Part Six-

Mix potions

How To

(There is a better guide then my guide here)

Items you need: 2-dose Attack potion, Fishing bait/feathers (either one), and a knife.

To make these potions, first you must start Barbarian Training. Go to the Barbarian assault area, and continues south until you reach a lake, then head on the lakes west side until you find a hut. Alternatively, you can go up from Ardrouge, north to the house with a small raft that you board when you go to the fire giant dungeon, north across the bridge, and to the west side of the lake.

Talk to Otto and ask him about potions. He will ask you to get him a 2 dose attack potion mix. He will also give you a fishing rod. Go to the lakes fishing spot, and use your rod with it. You will end up getting Leaping Trout, Salmon, and Sturgeon. Use your knife with the Trout or Salmon to get roe, use your knife with a Sturgeon to get Caviar. Put the roe into the 2 dose potion to get Attack mix (2). Give this to Otto to unlock the ability to make mix potions!

Potions that take roe

(Roe with potions heals 6)

Attack through Restore potions

Potions that take caviar

(caviar with potions heals 8)

Energy potion though Zamorak Brew (currently the highest potion you can make into a mix)

Uses for 2 dose Mixes

Many people on the forums are ranting that these potions are useless, but there are a few uses.

They are really good for the DIY herbalist (like this guide is made for). Even if they can put value down, you can make useless potions (i.e. normal attack potion) and get extra experience. The Attack potion (for example) gives 25 experience, but 8 extra with roe. This is a 30% increase in the experience, substantial if you ask me. For Zamorak brews, they give 175 experience, but adding caviar gives an extra 58 experience, again about a 30% increase. This could reduce the number of potions you need for 99 by 30%!

Pkers sometimes complain, Ohh, I only used 2 doses of my potion, and now it takes up more bank space!!!1! What do I do?!? Well now, you can take your super sets, and make them into healing sets! So you can heal up, while drinking potions! (Also useful for people who do things like KBD or KQ, use only 1 dose, and would normal throw the rest away).

NOTE: this is not a good food replacement, always bring food, this only heals a small portion, no mix potion can replace a shark

NOTE: You CANNOT use these in duels with no food!!

-Part Seven-

Extra Hints and Tips

This where player submitted tips, and my own tips will be put. This section will be constantly updated so it is worth checking up constantly!

Quests that give Herblore experience:

(Quest)-(experience)-(requirement)

Eadgar's Ruse Quest - 11,000 exp - 31

My Arm's Big Adventure - 10,000 exp - none but must have done Eadgar's Ruse

Grim Tales 5,000 - 52

Fairy Tale Part 2: Cure a Queen - 3,500 exp - 57

Zogre Flesh Eaters - 2,000 exp - 8

Shades of Mort'ton - 2,000 exp - 15

Digsite Quest - 2,000 exp - 10

Hero's Quest - 1,825 exp - 25

Recruitment Drive - 1,000 exp - none

Jungle Potion - 775 exp - 3

Druidic Ritual - 250 exp (you need to do this quest to start Herblore)

Ways to temporarily raise your Herblore level[\b]

Green mans Ale

Raises by 1

Bought at Yanille pub

Also bought at the store on top of the light house, faster than Yanille, but a limited supply

Green mans Ale (m)/mature

Raises by 2

Made by brewing Green mans Ale with "The Stuff"

Mini-Guide to Brewing

1-go to a vat found at either

-Keldagrim - above the bar

-Port Phasmatys - below the inn

2-Put 2 buckets of water in the vat

3-Put 2 Barley malts (use barley from farming on a range) in the vat

4-Put 4 identified Harralander into the vat and "The Stuff" (The Stuff can be bought for 50 Pieces of Eight from Trouble Brewing minigame)

5-Put a pot of Ale Yeast (5 ectotokens or 25gp) into the vat

Wait around 24 hours, examine the vat and it will say if its mature, then simply use beer glasses with it

NOTE: the stuff does not guarantee 100% that it will be mature, just increases the chance. If it is not mature, it will simply be normal Green mans Ale

Evil Stew of DOOM!!!!

Raises by a max of 6, lowers by a max of 6

Made by adding brown spice to a stew in Evil Dave's basement (Recipe for Disaster required)

How to use "low-level herbs"

After reading my guide on monsters, I mentioned that "good" herbs are Harralander and above, but what do you do with those extra herbs? Well, you have a few options:

All three of them:

Use in making ammo for salamanders. These are made by using the herb with a pestle and motor and using it on 15-swamp tar. You can find how to get swamp tar by looking in the second ingredients section.

Marrentill

Needs to be used on a burners for use of a gilded alter

Acknowledgements

All the people I quoted, thanks for making my guide better!

Moonlapsed For finding spelling mistakes of V1

Well this concludes my V2 of my first guide ever; I will accept any and all suggestions to make this guide better. In addition, any spelling mistakes I have made I will correct if you tell me where I misspelled it.

Scratch thatI have quit Runescape, so I will no longer be making updates to this guide. Feel free to use it, since it should still provide good information. I had a blast writing it, and I hope you can use it to further your mastery of the skill

This is V2, and if you really want to read V1, you can click here.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible, simply incredible.

The guide is jam-packed with information, pictures, calculations, and tips and hints. I am just on part 4, scanning it, and plan to read more, but I felt I really needed to comment. Already I have found 5 things I did not know about herblore, including that you can get 1.2k tar per hour. :shock: I expect there will be a lot more when I continue reading the last parts.

Once again, awesome guide, really one of the best ones I have seen on tip.it.

EDIT: I noticed your guide just cut off. A post can only carry 50k characters(with spaces I think), so I guess you should make another post below mine(sorry for the post!).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

:shock: wow, what, whats that smell..is that AoW i smell... 100/10 for awesome guide 10000000/10 for it being your first guide, i wish i had some input but my herblore level is uno :|

Could use a sig or avatar, PM me if intersted in making one.

Sorry about that, if you want I can ask a mod to delete that post and I can just make another below the second part.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Sorry about that, if you want I can ask a mod to delete that post and I can just make another below the second par

Its ok, Ill edit a little bit, make more space and put it all on the first post

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Wow, great guide, it has really inspired me to get back into herblore...

I did soem slayer tasks and noticed something on things that dropped herbs, they seemed to drop them less often when I was doing tasks with ring of wealth on.

I had a 120 basilisks task and decided to test this, and got these results.

Oh btw, I considered ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅgoodÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Barrows-Blog-Siggy.gif

ACTUALLY that link goes to my new blog. A double-blog with IpwnKthxbai

Wow, great guide, it has really inspired me to get back into herblore...

I did soem slayer tasks and noticed something on things that dropped herbs, they seemed to drop them less often when I was doing tasks with ring of wealth on.

I had a 120 basilisks task and decided to test this, and got these results.

Oh btw, I considered ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅgoodÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

63herb3-1.jpg

Wow, I just finished reading it. Once again, awesome guide! Jam-packed with information and pictures! You've actually inspired me to train herblore!

No longer will herblore be my second lowest skill! :P

dangsig.png

A good way to get vials and eyes requires the hot air balloon quest. When done you can take cash and oak logs to c wars. From there take the balloon to entrana (also taverly) and buy up all the vials and eyes before using a ring of dueling to teleport back to cwars

Mikel2311-Saris_night.gif

funnysigzl9.jpg

Dragon Drops: 2 x Dragon Legs, Dragon Spear

A good way to get vials and eyes requires the hot air balloon quest. When done you can take cash and oak logs to c wars. From there take the balloon to entrana (also taverly) and buy up all the vials and eyes before using a ring of dueling to teleport back to cwars

someone metioned that, it costs a lot more (with ring) then you would pay using other methods

63herb3-1.jpg

This is quite an amazing guide. How long did this take you?

Well the longest part was writing the guide to make it very clear. It tooke me a long time to take pictures as well. A few hours for the Monsters, but I think it was well worth it, don't you?

63herb3-1.jpg

Nice Guide, I gotta get 45 for Legends (but aren't stopping there)

Unless I forgot then from guide...Got any tips from 39-45? Like if I did Prayer Pots what monster drops Ranarr Weeds or Seeds more often that others...

Slayerofduck.png

Slayerofduck.png

~~The Mods truly are Crazy~~

Mod Pheby:

"Jennifer Lopez loves Tacos"

Nice Guide, I gotta get 45 for Legends (but aren't stopping there)

Unless I forgot then from guide...Got any tips from 39-45? Like if I did Prayer Pots what monster drops Ranarr Weeds or Seeds more often that others...

Its mostly luck, but abberrant specters drop a good amount of them.

needs a leveling for free section, like making p pots and selling to make an even or profit, but great guide

Your missing the point of my guide. This is so you can get all the herbs your self, the potions yourself and the 2nds yourself. This is not ment to be a "buy all the herbs, make potions, and sell them" guide, because if it was that woudl be the only thing in the guide.

63herb3-1.jpg