~ The Thieving Guild ~

Bobbington

Legal notice: By posting this thread I permit Jagex LTD an unlimited unconditional lincence to produce, adapt, modify, and remove any sections of the suggestion at their discression. Whilst out of their area, I am posting under the full Terms and conditions as stated on http://www.runescape.com. All players posting content and suggestions on this thread, are giving me the permission, unless directly stated otherwise to use their input to improve my suggestion, and you are also agreeing to the terms and conditions of Jagex.

For those who don't know this message is provided so that Jagex are legaly able to use the suggestion (if they so wish).

~ The Thieving Guild ~

Underneath the town of Burthorpe, a group of agile thieves founded the rouges den, but that is not all they have done, at the south end of the main room, is a small door, guarded by Big Pete, the bouncer, Pete will only allow the true master thieves (level 70) to go past this door, as anyone who has yet to prove them selves as worthy to keep secrete what lies beyond.

The group of highly organized dodgy characters of the guild have formed their own currency (the black shilling) to support their network of stalls fuelled by thievery.

Along with the new currency the thieving guild will see the introduction of several new items, and features:

-*NEW* Bandits brew (M)

-*NEW* Potion of thieving

-*NEW* 4 new sets of lightweight, thieving clothing

-*NEW* Smuggler tunnel network.

It is important that the market feels busy, it should feel like a real collection point of the scum of RuneScape, with rouges, pirates, thieves, muggers, and highway men, all moving about the area.

thievingguild2jv5.jpg

1. the current rouges den

2. the entrance to the Thieving guild

3. the smuglers tunnel system

4. Blackened Jack - leader of the guild

5. The black market

6. wall safes.

~ The Black shilling ~

The Black Shilling is the currency of the guild of thiefÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s; it was developed by the rogues as a way to dodge the taxes placed on the GP by the kingdom of Asgarnia council. IT cannot be used or found outside of the black market.

Getting the Black Shilling ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ the Mini game!

To obtain the Black Shillings, you must be an accomplished thief, the aim of the game is toÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâæÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ. Wait for itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâæÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâæÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ STEAL STUFF!

(Well that was kind of obvious)

However unlike normal thieving, where the NPC just there and takes is, occasionally stunning you, you are now stealing from your own, and they can and will steal back!

However donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry, the only thing they will take is your Black Shillings, (if you are just starting to thief from them they will stun and damage you, when they attempt to pickpocket you, and find you have nothing.)

There are 4 main thieving targets within the guild, thieves, and dark thieves, strangers, and Market Guardians.

-Thieves:

Require level 70 thief.

Possible loot: 10-20 B-shillings, lock pick, bandits brew.

Thieves randomly steal back from you, and will take 5-15 b-shillings away from you, they will also stun and damage you if they catch you red handed.

-Dark thieves

Require level 75 thief.

Possible loot: 30-50 B-shilling, lock pick, bandits brew (M), flash powder.

Dark thieves randomly steal back from you, and will take 5-15 b-shillings away from you, they will also stun and damage you if they catch you red handed.

-Strangers

As seen in desert treasure quest,

Require level 85 thief.

Possible loot: 30-60 B-Shillings, lock picks, thieving potion, flash powder.

Strangers randomly steal back from you, and will take 5-15 b-shillings away from you, they will also stun and damage you if they catch you red handed.

-Market guardians

Require 90 thief.

Possible loot: 30-100 B-shilling, lock picks, thieving potion, flash powder.

These donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take too kindly to its members stealing from them, although these offer higher rewards, if they catch you they will kick you out of the guild for 10 seconds, but they wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t steal back.

Blackened Jack is the leader of the thieving guild, highly known in the organised crime rings, Jack has ties with both the Phoenix, and black arm gang in Varrock, cross him, or say anything not to his liking, and you may find his guardians are set on you, Blackened Jack is one of only two ways to get Black Shillings. He is often in need of ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅitemsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

sig2webzx7.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very nice, and well thought out suggestion... Very good, but perhaps you might wish to include stowing away in ships, as well?

That would be, like, going into a trader ship, and hidding in a barrel, and arriving at a possible destination, but you cannot chose where you will go. That could also be applied on the karamja boats, and many other boats. The boats that only Have one destination, you would obviously end up there, unlike the trader ships.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

you might wish to include stowing away in ships, as well?

That would be, like, going into a trader ship, and hidding in a barrel, and arriving at a possible destination, but you cannot chose where you will go. That could also be applied on the karamja boats, and many other boats. The boats that only Have one destination, you would obviously end up there, unlike the trader ships.

it's quite a nice idea but it's possibly traveling out of the boundarys of the guild too much, but may be good as a totaly seperate Idea

sig2webzx7.jpg

If anybody is intrested in the thread history:

This was originally posted on the offical forums in october 2006, 2 months later, My computer had a hard drive fairue and I could not acsess the forums for 3 days..... the thread died along with a 250 supporters (and 2 non supporters with terrible reasons, eg "no cos fevin is rubbish!")

It was recreated in april 2007 with a shiny new green background! the thread got to around 1800 posts and had close to 350 supporters, this thread died due to a forum bug which bumped newly posted on thereads to the bottom of the list :-k). I belive this time I had collected around 7 supporters again most reasons where kinda awful and 2 where from people know to disagree with anything a mod says :P (darn those forum trolls!)

This thread was written BEFORE hunter came out which is why this suggestion has gloves listed, although I could not bare to part with them :P.

sig2webzx7.jpg

You obviously put a lot of thought into this and the result is a really great suggestion. I support your idea.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I'm loving this is well thought out And Such a brilliant Idea I would love to see a thieving guild Me being a master thiefer As it is different

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

I am always worried what the high level theivs think of the idea as it is your ranks that need to be defended so I am glad you like it.

On my first thread I did (not in the opeining posts) write down some possiblities for xp amounds which I feel where balanced, and would not devalue the skills levels.

It has always been my view that we should gte updates that offer new ways to train, not easier ways. Of course it is upto Jagex what xp rates things get which is why I have not listed any..... but the important point I wish to push is that it shoudl be BALLANCED.

Crazy fast xp is not somthing I support

*evil point and stare at pyramid plunder*

sig2webzx7.jpg

Brilliant idea! Great map of the area, well fitted into the game, well thought out, 10/10!

I need to get working on my thiveing it seems, because this really does sound like an idea that Jagex would be celebrated for accepting! :thumbsup:

I've sigged it! :D

Also, may I ask, are those wall safes like banks?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

The safes are the same as found already in rouges den (possibly a bit better) where you can get a good number of gems and a small but of money.

I did not see much point in having a bank in there with the one right outside the guild.

(and thanks for siggying :))

sig2webzx7.jpg

OMG! Bobbington! I didn't know you were a Tip.Iter!

I was reading this and it sounded sooo familiar, (I read it on RSOF) then I saw the words Black Shilling so i looked back at the name and saw yours!

Total support of your suggestion! Great Job!

Oh and when you are saying the tasks of the thieve leader, you said "Varrock to Faldor bank, not Falador, sorry to be picky >_<

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

Really cool idea. I definitely support. Its obvious you spent quite a bit of time thinking this one out. I do have one question though; would it be possible to buy something from the Black Market using Black Shillings, then trade it to another player for gp, or possibly to the general store? If so what would be the ratio of Black Shilling to Gp?

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png