Discussion: Real Life Picture Announcement

[hide=Announcement]We have been discussing allowing real life pictures off and on ever since the last suggestion for it. Recently the subject has come up again, and the staff is in agreement that allowing them would make a perfect holiday present to the Tip.It Community.

This means you can now post real life pictures as long as they follow a few rules:

• [*:36p64jce]Any pictures showing personal information must be cropped or blocked out of the picture. This includes: addresses, license plates, last names, etc.

[*:36p64jce]No pictures showing illegal activities or use of drugs.

[*:36p64jce]No pictures that are risque or sexual in nature.

Where are some of the places that real life pictures are allowed?

• [*:36p64jce]In signatures and avatars

[*:36p64jce]In your Blogscape Blog

[*:36p64jce]Off Topic

[*:36p64jce]On private forums

One thing we ask is not to create topics on the Runescape Boards just for posting real life pictures. Those belong in Off Topic.

We will not allow any mean or hurtful comments regarding someone's picture. Such behavior will NOT be tolerated and anyone found to be doing this will be seriously punished. If all you have to say is something negative, simply don't say it.

Lastly, please use good judgment in what you post. We'd rather not disallow them again due to a few irresponsible people.

Happy Holidays,

The Tip.It Staff[/hide]

Please use this topic to discuss the change in the rules regarding real life personal pictures. If you have any questions this is the place to ask them.

If you want to post pictures please use this sticky located in Off Topic instead of creating a new thread specifically for it.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Could you explain your reasoning? Just though it'd be interesting to know.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Cool. Why the sudden change of stance, though?

Well as some might recall, there were several of us, me included, that have liked the idea but the Staff as a whole could not reach consensus and the arguments against it were understandable, as noted the last time this was suggested.

Despite what some might think (:P) we've discussed this multiple times privately since then and steadily have been leaning more towards allowing them. We've relaxed several things around the forum, the censor for example, and this seemed a natural extension to it. One of the Staff (I won't single them out but they can come forward if they like) had the idea to do this as a holiday gift to the forum and I think everyone decided this seemed like a perfect time to finally do it.

We hope everyone enjoys the new changes and that everyone can abide by the few remaining restrictions on pictures.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

2012 total - 91 combat

Could you explain your reasoning? Just though it'd be interesting to know.

We're doing all we can to make Tip.It as friendly as it can be. You've all voiced your opinions (several times) that it should be allowed. We're inclined to agree with you at this point, so long as it's handled properly.

Enjoy!

- Ard

Awesome update :mrgreen: .

Quick inquiry though: does anyone think that there's going to be major flooding of the thread (possibly moronic question), if it will last, and most importantly, if it'll be a problem? I'm sure it'll die down massively after the first week, but with all of Tip.it diverting to one single thread, won't we get like a page or two a minute :-k ?

Personally, I'm not sure it's going to be a problem, but it could become physically impossible to talk on the thread, especially tomorrow :lol: .

Whether or not it's a problem, any ideas for trafficking :-k ? I mean, sure, it's a thread for posting pictures, not ongoing conversations (which generally eventually get deleted from what I've seen on other boards), but I'd like to be able to talk with the few people (OT'ers) that I actually care about seeing pic's of. Again, that's possible right now at night, but come midday Sundey... o_O.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Whether or not it's a problem, any ideas for trafficking :-k ? I mean, sure, it's a thread for posting pictures, not ongoing conversations (which generally eventually get deleted from what I've seen on other boards), but I'd like to be able to talk with the few people (OT'ers) that I actually care about seeing pic's of. Again, that's possible right now at night, but come midday Sundey... o_O.

Could you make it a PM conversation?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

If the pages start going by too fast we'll see if we can spread the load out a bit. If it becomes that bad, temporarily making separate ones for various boards could work, such as M&M, General etc.

We'll see how it goes and if it starts becoming impossible to chat on the thread then we'll make changes (chatting back and forth is half the fun so it's understandable to want to be able to).

tallest.jpeg

2012 total - 91 combat

Sorry, you'll have to excuse me. I get a bit 'teary-eyed' when I see a dictatorship turn into a democracy. :cry: :P

Great update. :wink:

I think you just need to be clear in enforcing that nobody ages 13 or under posts a picture of themselves.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think you just need to be clear in enforcing that nobody ages 13 or under posts a picture of themselves.

Unless they're like 8 [or possibly even younger], is it even possible to be sure :| ?

Could you make it a PM conversation?

PM conversations are between only two people, and are generally rather dull- I'm thinking more of a thread conversation, between a larger group of people. I mean, I'm not just looking for other people's pictures; I'd like to talk with everyone too :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Agreed. You should also make sure that everyone knows the possible risks of posting a RL picture of theirself.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Sweeeeet idea, good job guys! And thanks!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for the update, it's one of the better things you've done for the non-playing part of this community.

All hail Tip.It!

Holy crud, if that's your picture in your profile, you are some hot stuff.

RAET MY PICTUR 1-10 PLZZZ~~

(I'm kidding :D )

Thanks for the update!

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top