Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

An emergency issue of the Times, by the second of our Panel of writers.

A surprise issue of the Times rarely happens, but it's also rare that there is such an uproar abut an update as well :|

What the heck was THAT? ~Armadyllo

Also, as we do not link off site very often, we have an article by Qeltar on his own site, Truthscape. The TruthScape Soapbox - Issue #5 - ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Not Too Late to Save the Patient

~M

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reading.

I'm aware that 'tis the season to bash Jagex, and they've certainly invited it with these changes. But there's plenty of that, and I have nothing new to offer in that field. However, I've often wished to criticize them for not addressing bigger game problems, and it's really interesting to see them turn around and do something about RWT. Coincidentally taking down most of the game's scamming problems at the same time, and revolutionizing the hunt for bots.

So in a way I'd applaud Jagex for standing up to the problems, at all costs.

I just wish the cost hadn't been the loss of features that many of my friends loved.

Fortunately, I really do think the RWT problem might be solved - permanently - by these measures. Whether or not it's worth the change, the game does benefit in that respect.

I honestly think Jagex will realize their mistake and less the extremes of the update because of the Swift Switch thing. Many people rioted and Jagex saw the impact and changed it, lessened it so it was in the middle, not very bad for players but good enough to make Jagex smile.

For this update many more people are complaining which means Jagex is trying to find a middle.

Trapt45.png

That's a fantastic article written at short notice.

I'm pleased to read that it's balanced, and considers both parties (those who like the changes and those who don't)

It's true that no matter what changes Jagex make, however minor, people will moan. I mean the Rants forum on RSOF has 15 times as many posts as the Compliments forum (even before today's update).

Clearly people are more likely to express displeasure than they are to express their gratitude.

I think that when the dust settles on this one, most will look back and be thankful for the changes. The minority, and I truly mean the minority, will have left the game or will have accepted the changes and carried on. Either way, we just need to weather the usual storms.

Harrington.gif

Jagex loses hardcore customers, while casual gamers adapt. New customers are more likely to be retained by the friendlier environment.

the 3k trade limit encourages the GE, which is now better for any item worth 60k or more... 5% fluctuation, which I hope they keep at the very least.

Dragon Drops- D legs, finally

I honestly think Jagex will realize their mistake and less the extremes of the update because of the Swift Switch thing. Many people rioted and Jagex saw the impact and changed it, lessened it so it was in the middle, not very bad for players but good enough to make Jagex smile.

With the SwiftSwitch thing, Jagex posted that the makers of SS had contacted them and agreed to remove the features that Jagex didn't like, such as the ones that were guzzling the website's bandwidth.

It'd be nice if Jagex could form a truce with the RWT merchants, but there's a bit of a difference between the fans behind SS and the foreign businessmen who run gold-farming sweatshops. SwiftSwitch, as far as I'm aware, was written to help RuneScapers have fun by getting around some of the annoying (yet deliberate) restrictions of Jagex's website. The RWT merchants aren't trying to make the game better or help the community, they're trying to scrape a living, and it's not their concern if the game's economy or community is adversely affected.

So I can't really see that working out in any practical way.

well, its hard to say...

I don't pk allot, nor do I do much in the way of merchanting :-k

buttttttt

i feel sad that we are loosing so many players.

its really hard to make a decision for myself (im not usually wish washy) on the subject of massive updates, but right now its a hurricane of doubts, loss of money, and how can it be avoided, grief

I *sigh* just dunno what to think really, im not affected but many of my friends are.

id say... if i didn't know better, jagex hates the merchants...first the ge then the 3k gp trade limit...rather sad #-o

god im glad im not a merchant

i personally will continue playing, but with more reverie for getting my own items

one thing to look forward to now is the massive amount of new players for me to call Noob :twisted:

anyways, to the good people of rune tips, i salute you on this fine article written in such a short time!

koddos my friends! =D>

on a more sadder note, here is the last song that will be played on the sinking ship that was runescape :boohoo:

October 2002 - September 2007

I may be weird, but I'm saving up to be eccentric!

hahaha amazing!

but how do we return the items of a dead friend????

The very question i asked myself, or how do we share drops? guess im not going KQ anymore. Well teaming that is

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

That was an awesome article, thanks so much for posting it. It was a truthful, cool-headed way of looking at the positives as well as the negatives about these updates. I think you did a great job at presenting both sides of the story with out being all doom and gloom or all happy happy joy joy. I appreciate that. It is what it is, what the rest of us need to decide now is if we want to carry on with the new Runescape or pack up our toys and leave.

calistawolf.png

That's a fantastic article written at short notice.

I'm pleased to read that it's balanced, and considers both parties (those who like the changes and those who don't)

It's true that no matter what changes Jagex make, however minor, people will moan. I mean the Rants forum on RSOF has 15 times as many posts as the Compliments forum (even before today's update).

Clearly people are more likely to express displeasure than they are to express their gratitude.

I think that when the dust settles on this one, most will look back and be thankful for the changes. The minority, and I truly mean the minority, will have left the game or will have accepted the changes and carried on. Either way, we just need to weather the usual storms.

And after the storm, we get extremely pissed off at cheaters and pressure them into not being complete arseholes. \'

I loved this article! Maybe this will be enough to at least lessen the amount of pessemism on these forums recently. I had looked at the forums earlier today and saw the most locked threads on the first page I have ever seen in my entire life. Meanwhile, I was thinking "thank god the problem was solved before it forces us to never have that MEP3 or that second God Wars that is inevitable."

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

1. The theory is that we protect our dead friends' drops by clicking the Repair or Bless options on their gravestones. Their drops won't despawn while the gravestone's still there, so they'll be able to come back and grab their stuff.

2. The theory is that we can get into a clan with our team, turn on LootShare and go kill the KQ a few times. Over time - and I don't mean just over one drop - the rewards should be shared across the members of the clan who were helping to kill her. That's over several drops, with well-distributed luck.

And thanks for the nice feedback, guys! I do look forward to seeing what happens over the next couple of months. Now, if only we could see Jagex's membership figures!

Technically, my prediction is slightly doom-laden. There've been complaints that "all" the high-levels will quit and RuneScape will just be filled with newbies / noobs who don't know what they're missing (which it already is, yet life goes on). But that's a bad thing from the point of view of many players, and I'd sympathize with their feelings.

I started to read the updates, thinking to myself "really controversial updates, major rants, will probably help rs in long run..."

Then I got to the top of the list. (Yes, I started from the bottom.)

Rs isn't doomed cause of it... only because it doesn't kick in until january.

3k limit? What if someone wants to buy my d scimmy 110K? Or... what about expensive items, where closest you can get is give or take 50k (ones I've dealt with)...More importantly... rares? 3k limit of so called "price" for rares?

IF Jagex fixes all grand exchange prices by january and doesn't put it ANYTHING that severely changes price of items then with grande exchange economy wil barely survive... but what better to change prices then a skill? If summoning comes to hunter as smithing is to mining hunter items will be changed.... I doubt a 5% change will be suffice for some items. What (got this example from Queltar I think, from truthscape) happens if theres another change like making dragon axe wc power better then rune? Tripled overnight I've heard...

Also... new items... but Jagex probably won't put a price on them untill they stop fluxuating.... I hope...

Really worried about how this affects trading... :ohnoes:

...Put something like this in dual arena though, for staking? If stakers can stake mils as long as other guy puts up same amount will help fix it...

EDIT: Won't be quitting though, quester for life, and pretty much every quest has unfinished storylines I would like to see finished.

EDIT2: Oh yea, I don't like how dying doesn't affect you anymore... Just go back there and get stuff... But on the other hand I DO die... but if you can go back and get stuff why not just make it so you keep items when you die? I know there ARE scenarios where you would lose items but...

And there should be 2 clan wars: A non skulled one and a skulled one.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

1. The theory is that we protect our dead friends' drops by clicking the Repair or Bless options on their gravestones. Their drops won't despawn while the gravestone's still there, so they'll be able to come back and grab their stuff.

2. The theory is that we can get into a clan with our team, turn on LootShare and go kill the KQ a few times. Over time - and I don't mean just over one drop - the rewards should be shared across the members of the clan who were helping to kill her. That's over several drops, with well-distributed luck.

I have posted a topic about how jagex can fix that issue (2) :)

---

Thanks for the read. This article was very good and balanced. Personally I love that JageX addressed the seriousness in the RWT, and macro issue.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Jagex has just literally let World of Warcraft be #1.

You'll adapt. Besides, all the new people will have no idea that Runescape has effectively "ruined" the game. Though I honestly don't think they "ruined" crap. You can still kill people, and not have to worry about them keeping all their stuff. =P~

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Jagex has just literally let World of Warcraft be #1.

ok....i dont wanna rip on runescape, its my favorite game...but

did you seriously just compare a java based mmorpg to world of warcraft!?!

your crazy

WOW has better graphics, bigger fan base and much more devoted players.

I may be weird, but I'm saving up to be eccentric!