Tip.it Times Presents: Letters to the editor #11

MPM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you knows are really failing. :wall:

True, they're becoming more and more just common facts that 95% of all players who have been playing for over 6 months know. :|

Letters are always fun to read, especially when you've been power-trainning all day! :D

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I don't particularly agree that PKing ruled the economy as much as the last letter suggested. I believe that it plays a large part in the economy, but that it isn't truly the "central hub". PKers do demand armor, runes, food, and potions, but this demand also exists in other areas. Monster hunters and duelers also demand these resources in vast quantities, and even greater demand exists through skillers--who also buy goods that PKing doesn't use (Ores? Herbs? Bars? The list goes on). It's not fair to say that PKing is the entire economy, because it isn't.

Did You Know...

... that on busy worlds, guards like advertising multi million gp drop parties, even when there are none?

why would jagex do that? Are they stimulating us to have more partys?

These letters really opened my eyes in many ways, It made them hurt.

The "Jagex/Parents" Comparisation is freaking awesome :D \:D/

Really, the last letter is only true if PKing is the ONLY part of the economy. This letter would be truer if he replaced PKing with Combat, however, we still have combat. If you think about it, just as many people buy those items for fights like God Wars, KQ, Mithril/Brutal Greens, Quests, Etc. as they do for PKing. Also, the grand exchange makes it even easier to trade faster and more convienently, which keeps the economy going, as now more money is flowing, at an even faster rate. Also, who do you think makes these items? Like Sonicspeed said, herbs, raw fish, bars, ores, etc. are bought as well. The people who make the items are buying them, keeping the economy going.

Basically what I'm saying is: The Grand Exchange has sped up the economy enough that PKing will not have much of an effect on it.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

If you try to fail, and then succeed, what have you done?

If someone who draws is an artist, and someone who plays piano is a pianist, what do you call someone who races?

Really, the last letter is only true if PKing is the ONLY part of the economy. This letter would be truer if he replaced PKing with Combat, however, we still have combat. If you think about it, just as many people buy those items for fights like God Wars, KQ, Mithril/Brutal Greens, Quests, Etc. as they do for PKing. Also, the grand exchange makes it even easier to trade faster and more convienently, which keeps the economy going, as now more money is flowing, at an even faster rate. Also, who do you think makes these items? Like Sonicspeed said, herbs, raw fish, bars, ores, etc. are bought as well. The people who make the items are buying them, keeping the economy going.

Basically what I'm saying is: The Grand Exchange has sped up the economy enough that PKing will not have much of an effect on it.

Exactly, and with that even, Pking was a big industry i will give the writer that, but it was not that big, i can sell pots even faster than i could before pking, materials are still selling like crazy even though pking is long gone.

cool_sig1.jpg

Also, did you knows really could use a little more thought in them. I mean its not really interesting stuff anymore. Like when they first came out with Times, they were good interesting facts that could help. Now theyre just useless stuff you can find out by walking by a guard.

If someone who draws is an artist, and someone who plays piano is a pianist, what do you call someone who races?

I agree with everything except I don't understand how the trade update will rise the price of raw materials again (as if Yews aren't expensive enough--speaking of, I need to get woodcutting! Great money!). Sure, it will get rid of some bots who plan to RWT with the items--but it's still the same setup with random events so we will probably either have:

More bots focused on actual selling, which will cause an influx of raw materials causing a continuing drop in the price, OR

Same amount of bots and a continuing stabilization of the prices.

Ctth the bots are focused on selling now. They dont RWT for logs. They sell the logs for cash then sell that on websites. This raises raw material prices cause supply goes back down when the bots can't get their materials to sell. It means that millions of logs are no longer there. This means that buyers are willing to pay more.

Thus, a price increase.

Wow, some great points were made in those letters, they were very well written and thought out! I may have disagreed with afew things in those letters, like the whole thing about food and armour and etc. not being sold as much anymore because of the removal of pking, but I enjoyed reading all of them!

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Then write one and submit it, and youll get an article every week.

Then write one and submit it, and youll get an article every week.
Um, no. If he wrote a letter and submitted it, he wouldn't get any more articles from The Editor. If anything he would get more Letters to the Editor, and that one would be from himself.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

Sweet! I never thought my article would actually get put on the times!

well anyways thanks for reading my article and the others, hope it may help you to not think that the recent updates are the end of runescape and hopefully may even stop a few of you from considering quitting.

P.S.

Also if anyone wants to add me to just chat... PLEASE DO, its so boring just skilling for hours at a time...

At the end of the day you're just a fat man with an over-inflated ego, a balloon just waiting to be popped... and me?... I'm the needle.

I enjoyed this week, and to the people above me.. I agree the :Did You Know..." have definetly gone down hill lol, the next one will be, "Did you know that there is food in rs" or sumthing like that haha

BUt seriously, i enjoye dthe last guy's lil letter Props and KUDOS to everyone!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png