"Who wants to be my GF/BF" - Any of you?

REDACTED

This is a debate about those fools in Runescape who go around asking every girl in their path if they wish to be their girlfriend..... Only seconds later to then ask them to marry them.

What is it that drives people to do this?

I actually confronted one of the guys (or boys I should say) who was doing this, Because the female he was asking started to get rather agitated/annoyed by this.

here is how the conversation went, Not naming any names here...

[hide=Click to read conversation, I typed it up, because it was longer than one screen shot worth]

---- I walk up to a guy asking/forcing a girl to be his girlfriend ----

[Me] Hey mate, Why are you asking girls out over the internet?

[Him] Because I fancy her... Got a problem with that

[Me] No, but you should... You have never seen her before in real life now have you?

[Him] So???

[Me] And she clearly said that she doesn't want to be your GF

[Him] I will force her to be mine then...

[Me] Really? Why do you not get a nice girl in real life, someone you can love, and see.

[Me] Rather than trying to fall in love with a pixelated game character

---- He finally leaves her alone ----

[Him] Man, I get turned down by everyone... It's not fair

[Me] Well maybe thats because you should stop trying to e-love every girl you see

[Me] And just try to become friends with them

[Him] Ok then

---- I walk of to bank, come back, see the same guy asking another female out, only with the aid of his buddy's... ----

[/hide]

Now I just don't get why some people do this, It is some what creepy, because it could very well be the act for a internet predator on the hunt.

Now to my surprise while reading through the rules, I noticed that asking someone to be your BF/GF is not allowed, So if you share the same reasoning as me, or just simply dislike them, then report them.

Now I have a few friends from school who are of a female gender, and they play Runescape, some of the story's I have heard about guys wanting them, some sick and disturbing, others just plain immature and rather sad...

What's your views on this matter? Oh and please don't say Ignore it, I would, but I feel for the girl who's getting asked this questions and trying to get away from then.

[This debate also applies for girls who ask boys out, but I found this less common]

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, having read both views being posted here, I will say this.

I think it is unhealthy to have an internet relationship. I personally am married. I have no desire to pretend to have a relationship with someone else. That doesn't mean that I don't think that two people who are actually (I mean can physically touch/see) in a relationship can't use Runescape to chat and play while apart.

I just think that too many of you young ones hide behind the internet to develop these relatively undevelopable relationships. Just play the game. If you want a girlfriend/boyfriend, then go out and find one.

Runescape is a game not a dating service.

felter_laur.png

K. I'll post the thing I said in my thread.

Ok now I don't mean something like walking up to a random person and saying "Wanna be my girlfriend/boyfriend?" I mean like actually having a relationship before you became boyfriend and girlfriend.

I think it is fine. After all they tell you to go by personality not looks. Technically on Runescape thats their personality not their looks.

Anyways what do you think? Do you think if you guys were friends and stuff or at least talked before you became Boyfriend/Girlfriend its ok? I do, but I disapprove of the randomly walking up to someone and asking to be their boyfriend/girlfriend.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Please do not think I am bashing you here, I am just curious to know how you feel and stuff...

Firstly may I ask what your age is?

Secondly do you not feel there is more to love than talking via a game? I mean sure its nice to talk with that person, however you can't really understand someones personality over the web, simply because we can change who we are when on the internet.

When people write they have a different personality than they do in true form, simply because we can mask the true self over the internet, Don't you feel that you want to see her?

And what do expect to be the outcome of dating her over the game? surely you can't expect it to last forever.

Again, please do not feel I am trying to be rude/offensive, no no, I am simply curious about what it is someone can see in such a relationship, and how they feel.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

Make that 3!

I'm at a point in time where I just can't care if someone wants to have an e-girlfriend or e-boyfriend. I didn't ask the question, so I don't really need to know the answer.

If the people feel victimized, they could report it themselves under Rule #1 now.

Dunno why you decided all of a sudden to butt in and tell these people that it's wrong. Sure, it's wrong in your eyes, but why ruin their imagination with reality?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Because making an imagination go to far can ruin you in reality...

Its fine if you don't care, You know there's times when I don't give a care as well, I just find this area topic rather interesting, to see why someone would want a relationship like this.

True I don't agree with it, But I am interested to know why people do, And any other reasons towards it, Hence the opening of this thread.

acantha.gif

Make that 3!

Is it okay to ask for a boyfriend or girlfriend in RuneScape?

No, that is solicitation and is not allowed at all. This is to ensure the safety of all our players.

Right from Rule 1. Just report them and ignore.

My views:

Pathetic, and dangerous. Who's to say that 14 year old hot girl isn't a guy in his 50s looking to do things to you?

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

I really dislike people randomly asking for e-girlfriends, and i also dissaprove of e-girlfriends in general.

I have been in a relationship for nearly 10 months now, not ingame. I just dont find it healthy to be in a relationship with some "pixels" and a fake person who you dont really know what they are like.

I can portray myself as anyone over the internet, and this is the part that i find wrong.

Your "beautiful" e-girlfriend could be anyone..

I personally disapprove of rs girlfriends. It is just creepy IMO.

If you want somebody like that, just go out and find one. If you are in high school, then thats the perfect place to build relationships.

For those of you who want a girl but are too afraid to try, then listen to this. Girls are just as nervous as you are. I remember telling this one girl that I liked her and she started acting really nervous and she was afraid to tell me she liked me also.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Please do not think I am bashing you here, I am just curious to know how you feel and stuff...

Firstly may I ask what your age is?

Secondly do you not feel there is more to love than talking via a game? I mean sure its nice to talk with that person, however you can't really understand someones personality over the web, simply because we can change who we are when on the internet.

When people write they have a different personality than they do in true form, simply because we can mask the true self over the internet, Don't you feel that you want to see her?

And what do expect to be the outcome of dating her over the game? surely you can't expect it to last forever.

Again, please do not feel I am trying to be rude/offensive, no no, I am simply curious about what it is someone can see in such a relationship, and how they feel.

Well I'm not going to give my age out. I am a teenager though. Yes I realize I will never see her. Yes I realize she can mask her personality. I may call her my girlfriend, but I treat her more like a little sister. Do you get what im saying?

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

It is freaky, why would you try to marry a random person playing runescape? For all you know that girl could be some dirtly little 12 year old boy who has nothing better to do than irritate everyone around him... :wall: :wall: :wall:

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

i think people do it for different reasons.

I can remember on my first account (rexy14-he died=[ )i had a e-girlfriend. Bit schody when i come to think of it. I can remember that for a month she acted all nice and stuff then when she had my trust asked for my granite maul for a bit, said she would give it back. Didn't.

logged. Never saw her again.

So from this i would say that people do it for the free the stuff (scamming?) not the interaction.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i did that b4 it was stupid

click if u want to see how it went

[hide]i made my account to a girl last year cuz i was walking and alch was at the make over mage so i made my self to a girl just for the hell of it

and a few days latter i when to cw was in waiting room

then dont guy ask me to add him so ok i did

then after the game he ask to lets go for a walk

then a bit latter he ask "do u want to be my gf"

i said ill think about

then a bit latter after he loged off i when and did something

he logs back on then a bit latter he ask do i want to go out him or not

so i said sure i guess (hoping i might get free stuff only reason i did it lol)

ha after like a month he ask me to help him make nats the walking way with the store so i helped him make a lot of nat (i lose no money from he gave me unnoted p ess then i give him the nats)hmm so when we finally finished i asked what do get for all this work

he answers no.....

ok i left it alone

some day latter i was ranging blue dragon then he pms me tell to come to varrock and wants to show me something

turns out it was a d chain he bought after he use the nats to alch 7k yew longs

i ask for 1mill for i can get a new c bow i get a no

and mad why? because i helped him get a d chain and i get nothing

then yeah after a bit he took me off cuz i kept yelling at him lol

and thats my story why i wrote it im bored

ha and too bad that [wagon] got hacked and lost all his stuff :twisted: [/hide]

filewf5.gif

rarely ever check forums.

• 4 months later...

For all you know your "girlfriend" could actually

A) Be a man

B) Be a 60 year old

C) Be a pedofile O_O

I would rather be safe than sorry......

Also, its now against the rules to ask someone to be your boy/girlfriend. So if you ever see Zezima mentioning anything to his "wife" 5pirit you can report him if it has anything to do with this matter! =D

Chances are it's not going to be an old man/pedophile. It's going to be some 13 year old boy who has nothing better to do.

3 rules to stick by:

Guys are guys

Girls are guys

Little boys are FBI

As I said in my other posts, its a matter how determined and serious the relationship is. If you really cared about the other person, you would try to varifiy they're true. Talk with them over a phone, set up a webcam, etc. (Personally I think a webcam is the best way)

On the subject about online pedofiles, if you have a normal-functioning brain you wouldn't be caught in them. Sure, your girlfriend would of been a pedo, but at least you found out before hand. We shouldn't be teaching our kids not to trust anyone, but to know whom not to trust and a way to find these people out. And for all those percentages lovers, how many online pedos REALLY exist? No media BS please.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's absolutely [developmentally delayed].

Can you explain why Mr. God?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

lol the people that do that are just stupid ;) theres no point in wanting to go out with some one on runey they could be the wrong gender or really dogey.....

Just dont go there it's not a good place -.- :? -.-

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

So what's the debate?

Do you think they are:

A) Stupid or

B) Stupid ?

Hmm, such a tough choice... Which one should I pick?

2480+ total

So what's the debate?

Do you think they are:

A) Stupid or

B) Stupid ?

Hmm, such a tough choice... Which one should I pick?

What...?

The problem here is that some people don't know the difference between meeting someone online and "be my gf plox",

siggy3s.jpg