Pixel Tutorial {FOR ALL TO USE}+Shading +Text added!

Quer_Skulll

i think its time there should be one, even tho IMO pixeling is something you should learn by yourself ive made a tutorial on request.

Step1.!

Get a hand drawing skill , practice it learn how to draw some characters objects and shapes (BY HAND) and get a art program , MS Paint higly recommended , i wouldnt recommend Adobe Photoshop tho

Step 2.!

step2.png

In your art program tho

Step 3.!

step4.png

Draw out the stick characters of the background/secundary characters, if you dont have them skip this

Step 4.!

step5.png'

Give the characters Muscle+Armor shape and remove the stick lines

Step5.!

step5.png

Shade it pixel by pixel Line by line (use zoom to see how)

Step6.!

step6.png

hey its starting to bring shape, color in the entire foreground and add details

Step7.!

step7.png

Draw and color t he background starting to get allot better?

Step8.!

step10.png

color the sky (use multiple colors to get a nicer effect)

Step9.!

step11.png

add a border , make it look cool it really helps the image

FINALÃÆÃââââ¬Ã°

arrow.png

add a text and maybe draw a outline around it to make it look better

Shading Tutorial:

Shading 1

shadeway1.png

Dithering good if done right

Shading 2

SHADINGWAY3.png

this is a very innacurate way of shading the shape is not defined.. i used for the characters above now.. 3 months later as i write this i regret i ever said this was a good way of shading ..it could be done right if the shape was defined

Shading 3

shadinway3.png

this is actually quite good way of shading if once again done right.. many wont believe me but if you put it in the right place it could actually come out looking quite 3D

Text Effect in MS Paint tutorial

Step 1

Textst1.png

select a pixel font (i prefer Arial and use arial on this one) and i recommend using size 9 because its read-able etc. etc. and use spaces between each letter for the effect

Step2.

Textst2.png

select a secondary color (orange in my case, and put it around the lines pixel by pixel (or line tool)

Step3.

Textst3.png

select a third color and put it around the second color pixel by pixel or the line tool and thats how it works.

End result (without zoom):

Skull.png

Remember never use more then 3 colors if you use one space between your text, well you can but it will look pretty weird

EDIT: another tutorial on the way with more things to practice on.. more tips and better tips an actual accurate one that will help more people unlike this one.. stay tuned.. and dont post on this thread

signature_1.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quer_Skulll i was wondering, see i have a graphics site called GFX industries and i'm always looking for tutorials to add to my tutorial section, i was wondering if i could take your tutorial and make a page for it and make it a tutorial at my site. Of cource i would say it was made by you, and maybe if you want have you e-mail or something, but if you are to do this then pm if you are not then thats ok.

Heres the site if ya wanna have a look.

http://www.Gfx-Industries[LikelyScam]

awesome dude!, its really good!, i was just going to do one a few days ago in the hols, but i couldnt be bothered, and im also by the looks of it a=, not a verygood pixelor!*Looks Down* lol, my shop is going down hill! im gunna close it after these people pay!, i go to the trouble tomake one and the never go on forums again.. :evil:

but very nice!!! 9/10 for a tutorial!

u missed a few little things but yea! really good :D

.:'':.Cool Banana :wink:

Offtopic im sorry,

Dude your site just dies in firefox! Even in IE you get a horizontal scroll bar. You got iframes everywhere. Can you at least conform to some basic html standards..... :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Quer_Skulll i was wondering, see i have a graphics site called GFX industries and i'm always looking for tutorials to add to my tutorial section, i was wondering if i could take your tutorial and make a page for it and make it a tutorial at my site. Of cource i would say it was made by you, and maybe if you want have you e-mail or something, but if you are to do this then pm if you are not then thats ok.

sure , do add my nickname and E-Mail adress tho (its in my profile)

thanks for all the positive comments :D ill add some more stuff on it soon like how to color it and text as TeeJay suggested

EDIT : shading tutorial added

signature_1.gif

wow thx. ive never even made a pixel drawing of any kinda be4 so ive given it a go now. i thought as a first time i wud jus try to make an alrite looking bloke and maybe later add some shading. im not gonna make a full scene until im a bit better tho.

duh i kno. but im jus practicing as ive never even used paint be4. wats the point in trying to make something good or original wen i hardly kno how to draw?? u see my point. u gotta start somewhere and im starting by using his guide to draw my first ever guy. next time i make sum1 i will make sum1 i think of myself.

duh i kno. but im jus practicing as ive never even used paint be4. wats the point in trying to make something good or original wen i hardly kno how to draw?? u see my point. u gotta start somewhere and im starting by using his guide to draw my first ever guy. next time i make sum1 i will make sum1 i think of myself.

You hardly know how to draw? That's what real life is for. You can't expect to not be able to draw with a pencil and paper, yet draw on the computer..It's a good way to practice if you follow his guide but not the pictures. Therefor, making your own guys.

hey skull, can u help me out... im using ur guide, and when i go back to my moms im gonna make my 1st pixil sig.im gonna hand draw my charcter. could u gimme a good suggestion fer a background/scenerio i should try my guy in. summing simple. o i also havent picked apperance or wep/ armour so what should i learn to master? thx in advance

blowfl3.jpg

goodfellasjo2.png

firmasopranos3oz2.jpg

hey skull, can u help me out... im using ur guide, and when i go back to my moms im gonna make my 1st pixil sig.im gonna hand draw my charcter. could u gimme a good suggestion fer a background/scenerio i should try my guy in. summing simple. o i also havent picked apperance or wep/ armour so what should i learn to master? thx in advance

uhhm.. something simple uhm a tree or three and a broken house would be nice i think and maybe some mountains if you whant its up to you

mages or priets are the easiest so its good to start with,

well shading is good think to start with in mastering and line art ground detail and background detail should come later

signature_1.gif