Slaytanicc's Iron Mining + Banking Guide.

gorgoroth

Slaytanicc's Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Welcome to my first attempt at a skill related Guide. I've never been a big fan of Mining. Its one of the slower skills and training it efficiently never ends up in a money maker...or does it? As i am sure allot of you know, there is one way (amongst others) to train Mining at a decent Exp Rate while also making some money. This method however is focussed on the player with a lower Mining Level. This method is the Piscatoris - Castle Wars Method. Hope you enjoy the guide. Let me know what you think.

[hide=Requirements]You must have at least 15 Mining to be able to mine Iron (However i would not suggest this method until you can at least use a Rune Pickaxe).

You must have a Summoning Level of at least 57 to be able to Summon a Spirit Kyatt (I would suggest that you have at least a stock of 10 in your bank).

You must have a at least 1 Duelling Ring (i would suggest that you have a stock of about 50 in your bank).

Just to make things fun you can wear a nice Skilling Outfit :) The items with red around them are the items you MUST have to use this method:

5-2.png[/hide]

[hide=Location]The location you will be using (as mentioned above) will be the Piscatoris Mining Site. There are three Iron Rocks there places in the perfect position to form a spin rotation as you mine them.

Getting to Piscatoris quickly is pretty hard unless you have a Spirit Kyatt pouch:

1-2.png

This familiar has a "Teleport" option that will teleport you just a few yards South West of the mining spot:

2-2.png[ [/hide]

[hide=Method]Now we get to the method itself. Since the 3 Iron Rocks are placed so perfectly, you are ably to mine them in a spinning rotation without having to move one squar. Below is an illustration of what to do:

3-2.png

Start by mining Rock 1, immediately after you get the ore move onto Rock 2 and as soon as you get the second ore move onto Rock 3. The respawn will take a few second (Respawn time depends on the population of the world you are in). Once the first rock respawns start the cycle again. Repeat this until you have a full inventory and then proceed to bank.[/hide]

[hide=Banking]So far everything has been pretty much the same as Power Mining. But this is where it changes. Once you have a full inventory of Iron Ore you are going to use the Ring of Duelling that you should have equipped to go to the fastest accessible bank. This would be Castle Wars bank since it is a 1-Click Bank. Bank all your items.

4-2.png

After banking your mined Iron Ore, click on your Spirit Kyatt an select the "Teleport" option to take you back to Piscatoris (as shown above).[/hide]

[hide=Don't care about banking Ores?]If you don't care about banking the ores this location is still perfect for you. If you are on a lower populated world the respawn will take just long enough to enable you to drop 3 Ores (this i have tested myself). This means that once you have mined 3 Ores you drop them while waiting for the first rock to respawn again. This method is also faster than all of the other Iron PowerMining spots i have used.[/hide]

[hide=Experience Rates]On an average populated world my runs averaged at 105 seconds. This means that in one hour i will manage to do 34 complete inventories. One inventory gives exactly 980 exp. This means that on an average populated world i can receive 952 Iron ore in an hour which is 33.3k exp per hour.

On world a bit more crowded (I like to use W2 as often as i can) it is much easier to get faster exp. On W2 (without any competition) my average run took me 90 seconds. That means that in in one hour i will manage to do 40 complete inventories. 40 Complete inventories will result in 1120 Iron Ores per hour which is equal to 39.2k exp hour.

**Stealing Creations Pickaxes are not worth using (unless you already have some banked). They ammount of extra exp you recieve from them is not enough to make up for lost time getting them.[/hide]

[hide=Tips and Tricks]There aren’t really a lot of Tips or Tricks to make things easier but here are some i can think of.

**When doing this method it is always to do it on a high populated world. This will make the Ores respawn meaning faster meaning Exp.

**If you wish to save yourself a fair bit of money when using Dueling rings for banking, stop using htem once they have 1 charge left. The reason for doing this is because Dueling ring(1) selfs for almost the same ammount at a **Dueling Ring (8) meaning you will have paid alot less to bank then you would have if you used up the last charge.

**When powerming it is often best to mine in a less crowded world. The respawn time for the ores will give you just enough time to drop the 3 ores you mined.

**Always keep a few Imp Jars and Nets in your banking tab. This spot is very popular for Implings.

**If you want to make a bit of extra money while mining, wear an Ava's device to attrack Arrows. This will not hinder your mining in any way.[/hide]

Hope you enjoyed the guide. Let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism is appreciated.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Forgot to save my exact post, but it was something like this;

Always have imp jars and magic/butterfly net in your mining tab.

Use ava's accumulator or attractor

Save rings of dueling (1)

ITs worth noting that SC pickaxes are only 17k exp each at iron and are definitely not worth using.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Nice guide mate, I might actually train mining now.

What's the average amount of cash you can make a hour with this?

Not alot. Depends on Ore Prices ofcourse. But if you're lucky enough to get w2 empty for an hour you could make about 220k an hour.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]