Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

andufusthebronze's Content

There have been 45 items by andufusthebronze (Search limited from 15-December 18)

Sort by                Order  

#4879204 Real life pictures - 4

Posted by andufusthebronze on 02 June 2011 - 08:37 PM in Off-Topic

...O.O!

Err... Not quite sure what that's supposed to mean. DX

"Oh my god, I want you so bad."

That actually made me choke on my drink with laughter.
Damn you, sir!

#4879133 Real life pictures - 4

Posted by andufusthebronze on 02 June 2011 - 07:39 PM in Off-Topic

...O.O!

Err... Not quite sure what that's supposed to mean. DX

#4878967 What's Your Favourite Book?

Posted by andufusthebronze on 02 June 2011 - 02:50 PM in Off-Topic

How to Kill a Mockingbird
The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan
The Great Gatsby
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hossieni

#4878951 Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Posted by andufusthebronze on 02 June 2011 - 02:29 PM in Off-Topic

Exams.

#4878873 Real life pictures - 4

Posted by andufusthebronze on 02 June 2011 - 12:15 PM in Off-Topic

That's some sexy hair growth you got there. I wish I could grow a beard >.>

Haha, I wish I couldn't!
Shaving gets old after a while!

#4878059 Real life pictures - 4

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 09:43 PM in Off-Topic

Wow, just looked at my pictures from the index.
They're bloody awful!

Can I replace them with these two photos please...

Posted Image
Vain moment I had recently :L

Posted Image
My best friend, Rachel, and I <3:

#4877522 Corrupt a Wish (IT's over Nine Thousand)

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 01:55 PM in Forum Games

Granted, but you miss them because you're a bad shot and they take over the world.

I wish I had a publishing contract for my current writing project.

#4877510 Problem Solved! Thank you! :D

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 01:48 PM in Tech and Computers

Overheating sounds about right. If it's idling near 70 than it will be getting very high after some gaming.

Well. I've totally found my problem. It's definitely overheating. Take a look at this...
Posted Image

I'll do my best to de-dustify it, but that probably won't get rid of 20 degrees...

#4877432 Problem Solved! Thank you! :D

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:32 PM in Tech and Computers

>Norton
>Good Antivirus
Pick one

Seriously though, get Microsoft Security Essentials or avast!, they are free and far better.

Did you run the temperature checker? Anything over 90° is a major issue; below 70° is ideal. If you have high temps, which are a problem with small prebuilts, you could look at getting a new CPU cooler or case fans.

I ran the temperature checker. It varied between 67 and 75 normally.
I'll try playing a game in a bit and seeing what it goes up to then and edit it into this post.
And with the amount of comments about other security systems I'll take a look at the suggestions. :L What about AVG? My netbook has that...

Have you tried checking the Event Viewer?

I do not know what this is, so no.
Sorry, I'm not great with computers. Could you expand that?

Basic symptoms of overheating. How much dust is there in your computer? Having looked up the specs of your computer, it's very old, which goes towards Overheating as the problem here. Open your case and look inside, as well as checking the CPU heatsink (Usually square or circle shaped block of metal that has the fan on top).

Yeah, it's bloody ancient.
I'll give a go at opening it up later today, then, as that seems to be the most common suggestion.

Thanks everyone! :D

#4877421 Real life help & advice

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:27 PM in Off-Topic

Giordano, either eBay or Amazon might work?
I've sold quite a few textbooks through eBay.

#4877212 Last one to post wins

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 06:42 AM in Forum Games

translate to english please?

Umm...

I'm playing Pokemon Red. I was going from vermilion to Pewter through Diglett cave. Realized when I got there that I didn't have a Pokemon that knew cut. Didn't want to teach it to my Oddish. So I caught a Diglett. The Diglett was unable to learn cut, so I was like, "[bleep] it" and started back through the cave. Realized that I had a Diglett, and could just use dig and go back to the last Pokemon center. Went to use it, and the Diglett I caught didn't know it, so I had to walk back through the tunnel.

that's much better. I don't play pokemon, and only watched it when i was 11-14.. just a few episodes.. and i haven't watched it since.

You need more pokemon in your life. :)

#4877206 Would you read this book?

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 06:37 AM in Art and Media

Hmm I dunno. Every writer book I've read has suggested this format of Query Letter, and there are websites such as http://queryshark.blogspot.com/ that are run by agents to help you to write them in a style similar to this.

You send this Query and 3 Chapters.
Then, if they like it they request a full, at THAT point you send the cover letter, the full synopsis and the entire manuscript.

The Query Letter is an attempt to entice them to the general plot.

And really? In honesty, no-one's told me that about this plot before. I wasn't even sure the book was fantasy because of the fact that all it has is souls.
Broken down family/lover figure was changed in the redraft from his best friend because I felt it worked better, and I thought best friend relationships struggling were a lot more common in books aimed at young people than sibling relationships.
I could argue all of your points but that would render this exercise useless. Thank you for your comments, I shall have a look at what I can do rewriting it to make it sound less generic.

Actually, I have one more question. From this letter, what do you think happens in the book?

#4876825 Problem Solved! Thank you! :D

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:54 AM in Tech and Computers

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000689.htm

Could be any of those five issues. Got a good antivirus?

Yeah, I have Norton.

I don't get any high pitched squeals or other indications of a fan failure, but that doesn't mean it's not overheating.
The computer does tend to hum when I start up either RuneScape/WoW but that tends to die down relatively quickly.

I don't think there's any hardware specifically involved in those two things... Though it might be the graphics card?
When I played League of Legends, a message flashed up telling me that my video drivers were out of date. Could it be that?

I don't think it's a virus - as I said, I have norton and do regular checks.

Ergh, I suppose it could be a failure of the operating system. Is that likely, though?

When I play RS in HD or Age of Mythology (similar to Age of Empire - same creators) my comp gets really hot and overheats then shuts down by itself. I have bought a cooling pad, which i put under my laptop and plug its usb into it, which makes a fan start to cool the laptop down. However, with temperature rising with summer, even when the fan is on, it sometimes overheat, so I have to be careful about that. :/

Hmm... That does sound similar. It might be overheating after all.
Is there an equivalent to a cooling pad for computer towers?

#4876817 Last one to post wins

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:48 AM in Forum Games

Suddenly, me.

#4876812 Problem Solved! Thank you! :D

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:45 AM in Tech and Computers

What GPU do you have? If it's only failing during gaming, it could be a graphics issue. Try playing RS in software mode and see if it still fails.

I'm not exactly great with tech stuff.
I'm assuming GPU to mean Graphics Card? Well, anyway, I ran a dxdiag and it came up with...
"Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405"
I'm assuming that's what you're after?

If by software mode you mean the downloaded version or the version with lower graphics I have done both of those but it still turns off. If there's something I'm missing and being an idiot about however, please tell me!

#4876802 Problem Solved! Thank you! :D

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:37 AM in Tech and Computers

Well, I don't take you for an idiot, but is the computer plugged in? If so, does your battery need replacement? If not, your battery probably needs replacement anyway.

Nah, it's a tower computer. It has to be plugged in so it can't be that.
Besides, it'd happen whilst doing anything if it was that rather than just whilst gaming.

It might also be an overheating problem. Download Core Temp from Cnet http://download.cnet...4-10794077.html

Your computer might be overheating and shutting down automatically to protect itself.

Ok, I'll give that a download. What does it actually do?
And that's what I thought it might be, but when I've checked the exterior of the computer's tower has never been exactly hot. That doesn't stop it being warm inside though...

Do any lights blink when this happens? Does it turn off immediately? Any sounds?

The screen literally just goes black, there's an almost whirring down sound and the computer turns off. The same way as if you hold the power button down on any computer for roughly 10 seconds.

#4876775 Would you read this book?

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:15 AM in Art and Media

This is my most recent draft of the Query Letter for my current project, a novel titled 'Ace, King, Queen'.
A Query Letter is what you send to either a Literary Agent, or a Publisher, along with the first 3 chapters of your work in a hope to get them interested. However, if the query letter isn't good enough, they won't look look at the chapters. Thus, it is important to have a good query letter.
I don't feel that this draft is perfect, but I would like some feedback on it. So any constructive criticism is welcome, but the fundamental question remains: would you read this book?

Dear Agent,

The relationship with his brother in tatters and his lack of a soul beginning to decay his senses, Gael Brett is a teen on the verge of suicide.

A victim of mankind and depression, Gael is dragged even further into the world of deception than he’s grown accustomed to: but this time in the name of salvation. If he can obtain an entire ‘deck’ of souls, then his shall be returned to him.
However, as with all offers of this kind, there is, of course, a catch. He is not the only one attempting redemption, and the charity of the organization which now counts his soul as their own will only extend to the return of one contender’s essence.

Torn between an attempt of reconciliation made by his brother and his only chance to ‘feel’ again, Gael’s lies entrench themselves within his reality, until his crimes against humanity far exceed the petty theft from days of old.

ACE, KING, QUEEN, a fantasy/gothic novel of [insert number] words is a sinister competition seen from the point of view of both competitors.

I have previously had a poem published in the Writer’s Forum magazine.

Thank you for your consideration,

Andrew E. King.

#4876763 Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:04 AM in Off-Topic

Anyone who falls for those 'OMG GIRL KILLED HERSELF AFTER HER FATHER POSTED THIS ON FACEBOOK' scams.

This.
A million times this.

I mean come on, people.

And also, those twelve year old girls that GENUINELY believe Justin Beiber is 'the one' for them. I mean, I honestly feel sorry for the guy.
Who would want that kind of attention from that kind of an audience? It's genuinely repulsive.

#4876757 Problem Solved! Thank you! :D

Posted by andufusthebronze on 01 June 2011 - 12:01 AM in Tech and Computers

Hey,

I have a fairly old computer.
To be precise, I have an Aspire T180-UB72. I don't know if that'll help but I figured I had to start somewhere.

The computer manages most things fine, such as emails and facebook.
However, whenever I try and play games such as World of Warcraft or Runescape, my computer will turn itself off.
It does not always do this with World of Warcraft and when it does I have usually been playing for an hour or so. However, it will always do it within half an hour of playing RuneScape. It has also done this whilst playing games such as League of Legends and Age of Empire, but I do not play those enough to comment on how frequently the computer turns itself off during them.

Is there any way I can stop it doing this?

If any extra information is needed just tell me how to get said information and I will!

Thanks,
Andu

#4876205 Has Jesus Returned????????

Posted by andufusthebronze on 31 May 2011 - 06:29 PM in Off-Topic

Conceding for the sake of argument that God does exist and that Jesus will one day return, what do you really think would happen? If someone all of a sudden started claiming he was the son of God come back to life, would we all bow down in worship or would we send him to counseling and probably have him committed to a mental hospital?

First off, your signature has the quote "why are you so surprised I came back?" in it, and that made me laugh due to the topic.

Secondly, this is actually an interesting question. The most interesting answer, I think anyway, is actually the Muslim answer: that Jesus (who is not the son of God but merely a prophet) will return to the earth upon the eruption of a war between muslims and non-muslims (which arguably, we already have - though it's hard to argue) and that Jesus will fight on behalf of the Muslims, bringing with him a terrible beast to destroy the non-believers.

I think that, if Jesus were to really return to this earth without slaughtering us all, he'd have a very difficult time of convincing us it was him. There is a quote somewhere in the bible of him saying 'I am not a show magician' or something similar, so I think he'd refuse to do so and therefore be labelled a "looney".