How To Become A Master Thief: 1 - 99 Thieving Guide!

Neglexis

1. Introduction

Welcome to the "1-99 Thieving Guide", written by me, Steiner-99!

In this guide I will teach you the tricks on getting your thieving level up as fast as possible at your current lvl! Ofcourse, there are some other ways as I will describe in the guide, and don't be afraid to post them, so other users can read them aswell!

I got my thieving cape on 25/03/2007, at 20.43 Pm GMT!

Now, a small Table Of Contents to begin with:

1. Introduction

2. 1 - 5 Thieving

3. 5 - 20 Thieving

4. 20 - 38 Thieving

5. 38 - 55 Thieving

6. 55 - 65 Thieving

7. 65 - 81 Thieving

8. 81 - 99 Thieving

9. Quick Guide

10. Ending Words

NOTE: I have not included ANY Sq'irk Juice method, since I don't know about the xp ratios over there, so sorry!

2. 1 - 5 Thieving

Yup, your first thieving experience starts here! Getting from 1 to 5 thieving isn't hard at all, and it's a nice way of getting around with thieving.

Your best choice at lvl 1 are the men and women all over RuneScape!

Man.png

Ofcourse, there are some great places!

~Edgeville~

How to get there: Glory/walk from Varrock

Where: In a house just north of the bank

MenEdgy.png

~Lumbridge~

How to get there: (Home) teleport

Where: In and around the castle

MenLumby.png

Those two spots are the best, since there is a bank nearby!

Now, to talk in number, you need to succesfully pickpocket 49 men/women to achieve 5 thieving. This shouldn't take that long.

Now that you have achieved 5 thieving, you can move on to the next part!

3. 5 - 20 Thieving

Now, to get from 5 - 20 will ofcourse take a bit longer than the previous step, but don't worry, the numbers are not that great.

At this time, you'll be stealing cakes, from the Baker's Stall.

CakeStall.png

This can only be done in two towns:

~Ardougne~

How to get there: Teleport (Completion of Plague City required), or walk there from Camelot!

Where: In the center, the big square. The stall is located in the north east corner of the place

Baker.png

~Keldagrim~

How to get there: Cave north east of Relekka/mining carts

Where: The big building in the eastern part. There are already lots of other market stalls there.

BakerKel.jpg

While stealing these, you should watch out for the Baker, as well as the Guard and Knights wandering around.

If the Baker catches you, your character won't thieve it, but when a Guard or a Knight notices you stealing, he'll attack you.

So, it's best to get out of the sight of these three!

Each cake gives 16 experience and it takes around 2-3 second for a new one.

The cakes you thieve can be used to get your hitpoints up if a guard or something else attacks you!

From 5 - 20 thieving you'l need to succesfully steal 256 cakes!

4. 20 - 38 Thieving

Around here you'll probably have guess what thieving is all about. Now, you want to get further? Sure, this is what you'll have to do!

You'll be stealing from the Silk stall now. You can find one in Ardougne, but also in Keldagrim. Though, the one in Keldagrim can NOT be stolen from.

SilkStall.png

~Ardougne~

How to get there: Teleport (Completion of Plague City required), or walk there from Camelot!

Where: In the center, the big square. The stall is located in the sout west corner of the place.

Silk.png

Same as with the cakes, you'll have to watch out for all the npc's running around, so just hide behind the stall or so!

Each piece of silk gives you 24 exp, and takes around 5 seconds to respawn.

From 20 - 38 thieving you'll need to succesfully steal 1,081 pieces of silk! Just don't get too amazed by this number, because for the next few levels, it will even be higher!

5. 38 - 55 Thieving

Yup, after having succesfully completed the last step, you have reached the hall of fame (read: Hiscores)! Now, go look yourself up, and yes, be proud! :D But, you want to get further, right?

This time, you'll be thieving Master Farmers, whose seeds can be sold to other players or used to get your farming level up! You'll find 2 in draynor village, one south of Varrock, and also one around Ardougne

MasterFarmer.png

~Draynor Village~

How to get there: Glory ammy/walk from Lumbridge, walk from Falador.

Where: They are wandering around the market place!

FarmerDraynor.png

~Ardougne~

Where: Just above the northern exit, the one with the bank (not the other, which is a bit more to the west)

FarmerArdy.png

~Varrock~

How to get there: Teleport/walk from lumbridge

Where: A bit south of the south gate of Varrock

FarmerVarrock.png

Each time you succesfully picpocket a Master Farmer, you gain 43 xp!

To achieve 55 thieving, you would need to succesfully thieve a Master Farmer 3,169 times :o

OPTIONAL:

After reaching lvl 40 thieving, you could also train on Guards. They are both even annoying, but the difference is the loot. Guards get you money, while farmers get you seeds :D

Guard.png

You can find the guards in most big cities, like in Falador and Varrock they're at the gate, but in Ardougne, they're at the center market.

Each time you succesfully pickpocket a guard, you gain 46.5xp and also 30 gp!

To achieve 53 thieving, you would need to succesfully thieve a Guard 2,766 times :o

Not amazed by the number yet? Let's go on then!

6. 55 - 65 Thieving

Yup, you're doing great if you've already achieved this. This also means that you can now complete desert treasure!

Now, for this step, the completion of "The Feud" is needed. Don't worry if you haven't done already, it's a very easy and fun quest! Also, it gives a little hint on how you will be training the next few levels.

If you wouldn't already have guessed it, you will be training on those Bandits (lvl 56, the 41's give less experience!) in Pollivineach!

Bandit.png

~Pollivineach~

How to get there: With the flying carpet from Shantay's Pass

Where: They're all over town

BanditDesert.png

Why them, you may ask. Well, they have a "Lure" and a "Knock-Out"option, handy, right?

You'll also need a blackjack for this. If you have just finished the quest, you should still have yours, if not, you can buy one from the Blackjack shop, in the center of the town. To stay here as long as possible, you'll also have to take some food (noted and unnoted) and some cash.

So, here's what you'll be doing:

- First lure the bandit in an empty house. Make sure it's empty, or else you can't knock them out!

- Knock them out.

=> If you failed to knock him out: quickly pickpocket him before he attacks you. If he manages to attack you, just run a bit away from him till you're out of his reach.

=> If you managed to knock him out: when he's fainted, quickly pickpocket him twice before he gets back up

- Repeat

This will take some time to do it efficientally, but practice makes perfect. Also, the stun he gives you when he noticed you wanted to knock him down is not a real stun, you can still move/pickpocket with that "stun"

And each time you are succesfull (which is Knock Out + Pickpocket + Pickpocket) you gain 176.8 Xp. In order to reach lvl 65, you must do this 1,584 times!

Not clear enough? I've recorded it and put it on YouTube. Just click this link to get there!

I tried the method today, and I guess that pickpocketing twice requires you to right-click as soon as you knock the bandit out and not wait for the graphical action to happen.

Also, you don't have to run away out of the area if you get caught. If you knock-steal in Ali the Camel Seller's house, you can make a quick escape up the stairs and down again. It's a small area and if you manage to position the bandit between yourself and Ali, it'll hardly move and you'll hardly need to (camel sellers don't attack). However, this requires you to close curtains whenever it resets...

7. 65 - 81 Thieving

So, I hope you got the hang of the luring/ko'ing, because this step is practically the same!

Only, this time you will be luring/ko'ing Menaphite Thugs, the yellow and purple guys. And you're lucky, they're also in Pollivineach!

MenaphitThug.png

~Pollivineach~

How to get there: With the flying carpet from Shantay's Pass

Where: Mainly south part of town

MenaphiteDesert.png

Just like before, lure them first, knock them out, and pickpocket them twice. Repeat.

And this is where the fast exp will begin. At lvl 70, I managed to get 130,000-150,000 experience per hour. Amazing, right?!

So, every time you success (Knock out + Pickpocket + Pickpocket) you gain 295 xp. To achieve 81 thieving, you will need to success 5,908 times!

Thieving still not bores you? Well then, follow the next step!

8. 81 - 99 Thieving

Yup, the very last step towards 99. And ofcourse, it is the longest.

Now, have you ever heard of "Pyramid Plunder"? Well, as you might have guessed, this is what you'll be doing the next few weeks! It's a minigame, in a pyramid (hence the name) that is located in Sophanem.

PyrPlunder.png

~Sophanem~

How to get there: With the flying carpets from Shantay's Pass to Pollivineach and Pollivineach to Sophanem. Or by teleporting with a Pharaoh's Sceptre

Where: Just when you enter trough the gate.

PyrPlunderSoph.png

To succesfully play it you will need:

- (Super) Anti potion / The book from "The Great Brain Robbery"

- Food

- If you chose for the book you'll also need holy symbol of Saradomin

Now, to enter the Pyramid, you will have to find the correct door. Keep trying till you find, and remember that one, because the mummy stays there for like 15-20 minutes.

Now, the mummy gives you 5 minutes in the Pyramid before he kicks you out. There are some pretty detailed guides on how to do it here, but I'm telling you quite summaried.

- Open the chest in each room

- Check for snakes in the second to last room (Which is room 6 from 81-91 thieving and room 7 from 91-99 thieving)

- Check for snakes + search in your last room. (Which is room 7 from 81-91 thieving and room 8 from 91-99 thieving)

- Repeat

While doing this, you have the chance to get a Pharao's Sceptre, which is around 750,000gp-850,000gp these days!

And voila, after a few weeks you've reached the almighty 99. Now, go get your cape! The thieving master is located in Rogues Den.

Thieving Cape Animation: Untitled.gif

9. Quick Guide

To lazy to read all of the stuff I described above?

Well, here's a quick guide on how to get 1 - 99

1 - 5 Thieving: Men and women, all over Runescape

5 - 20 Thieving: Cake stall, Ardougne and Keldagrim

20 - 38 Thieving: Silk stall, Ardougne

38 - 53 Thieving: Master Farmers, Ardougne, Draynor and Varrock OR Guards, in all major towns

55 - 65 Thieving: Luring/Ko'ing bandits in Pollivineach

65 - 81 Thieving: Luring/Ko'ing Menaphite Thugs in Pollivineach

81 - 99 Thieving: Pyramid plunder in Sophanem

I wish you luck! :D

10. Ending Words

I hope you enjoyed reading this guide and I hope it will be any help at all for you.

You might find thieving boring, but it-s not as boring as a lot of other skills, like mining or fishing. Thieving is fun, remember that while training.

Also, if you have any questions or remarks, be sure to post them here, I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

Sorry, but you can't pm me with your questions or remarks, for the simple fact that I have my private chat on friends.

Also, I wish you the best of luck on your way to whatever thieving level your goal is!

Thanks,

~Stein~

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guide, I will be sure to bookmark this. ::'

Are you sure luring/LO'ing is that effective until 81? I thought Pyramid Plunder could be used as the most efficient experience much earlier on. :-k

10/10, very good guide. :thumbsup:

Pictures my friend, pictures. i know what a menaphite looks like, but pictures make a guide more interesting!

Reading my friend, reading!

Check this quote:

Also, I wish you the best of luck on your way to whatever thieving level your goal is!

Thanks,

~Stein~

NOTE: I'M ADDING PICS NOW, PLEASE DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING ANY!

sigwg.png

Are you sure luring/LO'ing is that effective until 81? I thought Pyramid Plunder could be used as the most efficient experience much earlier on. :-k

Luring/Ko'ing is can even be more effective than Pyramid Plunder till 91. The reason I recommend PP at 81 is because Luring/KO'ing gets boring ALOT faster than pyramid plunder.

At 81, the experience is around the same, but since luring has a MUCH higher irritating rate, pyr plunder is better.

sigwg.png

Excellent guide! I don't think you have the youtube video link set up yet. Also, how do you feel about the Sorceress' Garden?

NOTE: I have not included ANY Sq'irk Juice method, since I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know about the xp ratios over there, so sorry!

sigwg.png

Nice Guide, It Seems you have coverd most of everythign there is in the thieving world, but i do have to say farmers to 55 thieving is quiet anoyign and pyramid plunder will work at that lower lvl to.

One more thing... that mini game the squirk juice, I know its a pain and extreamly anoying, but ive herd some sayings of good xp there to

skatrider234.png

I would not agree with squirk juice being the best way to train thieving, and I beleive I have a say in this, considering my thieving level.

I think its a good summaration of certain ways to train theiving, but not nessesarily the best.

I started plunder at level 61, and got 99 in less then a month. Its really much quicker then bandits.

snowsigyy7.png

I would not agree with squirk juice being the best way to train thieving, and I beleive I have a say in this, considering my thieving level.

I think its a good summaration of certain ways to train theiving, but not nessesarily the best.

I started plunder at level 61, and got 99 in less then a month. Its really much quicker then bandits.

From 55 - 65 you get around 80k - 120k xp per hours. Pyr plunder at that level can't beat it.

From 65 - 81 you get around 130k - 150k per hour, not like Pyr plunder can beat that aswell.

sigwg.png

I'm going for 99 theiving, and am currently 56. are you sayign that doing pyramid plunder is not faster?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm going for 99 theiving, and am currently 56. are you sayign that doing pyramid plunder is not faster?

Exactly, at your level, bandits are way faster :)

sigwg.png

I find your duide herlpful, But I herd that from 61/71-90 pp is the best xp you can get maxing at around 150k xp per hour, but once you get 90, ardy kjnights are the best xp maxing at 200k per hour.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage