The Pest Control Guide-'Tips and Tricks'-

soulegleon

Nice guide, but you forgot a few tips, such as how to get the "boost" off of the lander. You really don't need str/attack pots - the time it takes to buy/earn then more then outweighs the xp you would get pcing (After all, when I PC i average 50k xp an hour from the game, and 70k+ xp an hour from the points

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love the guide buddy, but did you mention anything about finding a good world? :?:

Thats what i have been working on but havent been able to write on my guide due to problems on the computer. Ill try and work it tomarrow

The only real problem i have with this guide is that it almost encourages drop trading

How does it encourage that?

And to other poster. I use pots cuz i already have them in my bank from herblore. I guess i should add that to the guide

newsignature1fs8.png

The only real problem i have with this guide is that it almost encourages drop trading

It doesnt really, but unless youve got a very good pure and have won a lot of stakes/pkilled a lot of good stuff, ur unlikely to be able to afford ranger sets, furys, etc.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

It doesnt really, but unless youve got a very good pure and have won a lot of stakes/pkilled a lot of good stuff, ur unlikely to be able to afford ranger sets, furys, etc.

Well its actualy not that hard to get alot of money on a pure. You can merchant and yes what you siad, stake/pk alot.

newsignature1fs8.png

I am level 106 and never thought about pest control in this depth, 9/10 only other thing that could possibly be added is a world finder bit, but thats me thinking abstract.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

I am level 106 and never thought about pest control in this depth, 9/10 only other thing that could possibly be added is a world finder bit, but thats me thinking abstract.

I know but i have already put in a little info on it. Although it could be a bit better.

Thanks for the Rate :D

newsignature1fs8.png

Very nice guide. 9.5/10, just add the rock cake section for dharoking.

I bet it's some totally awesome 20-stringed, dragon shaped instrument that doubles as a flamethrower/laser phaser. Or some really lame Chinese bamboo thing.

Very nice guide. 9.5/10, just add the rock cake section for dharoking.

lol trying to. its really hard to do so when i cant test it myself as i have completed RFD :XD:

(I think im getting closer to figuring it out but if i you fond someone to test it that would be great)

newsignature1fs8.png

I updated the Finding a World area a bit.

Now its more descriptive.

I'm going to test out these new bracelets for pures.

Some people have said to me that the give stats like RFD gloves :shock:

Just not as good as barrows :D

Leeking FTL \:D/

newsignature1fs8.png

Great guide!

I've played Pest Control a lot when I trained my att from 41 to 60 but this guide still has something new to me!

Good and cheap weapons for PC are DDS or DD and also, yes, Dragon Mace. Dragon Mace has hard reqs for low-level players, but it hits nearly always and Spec. Att. is TOTAL PWNAGE!!! I can hit 25 when I use Ultimate Strenght and Str ammy and I only have str 62.

-Tiigon

Yes i know that the Dragon Mace special is quite good. But remember you have a highly reduced chance to hit, and if you miss (which you usualy do at a lower level) the special will be worth nothing. However DDS special hits 2 times per special and has increased accuracy and damage, hence being beter for lower levels.

So in order for the dragon mace to be worth it you would have to hit 2x your max hit with a DDS with special activated. And Dragon Mace does not double your damage.

Although I guess if you could not use DDS dragon mace would be the next best special attack.

I very well may be wrong but in order to do heros don't you have to have* Lost City* done? Wich would almost make a sure thing you can use the dragon dagger.

On Topic: Good guide, I used something like it on my main when I played \'

EDIT:

Required:

Quests: Shield of Arrav, *Lost City*, Merlin's Crystal and Dragon Slayer. You must also have over 55 Quest Points.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you know the Portal weaknesses? Is there any way to be really certain (short of asking Jagex)? If each Portal had a weakness, I don't know why they wouldn't put it into the Knowledge Base, so I'm inclined to think that the whole idea of portal weaknesses is merely a rumor. I could be wrong, but there is no proof.

How do you know the Portal weaknesses? Is there any way to be really certain (short of asking Jagex)? If each Portal had a weakness, I don't know why they wouldn't put it into the Knowledge Base, so I'm inclined to think that the whole idea of portal weaknesses is merely a rumor. I could be wrong, but there is no proof.

i have no proof for this, and i cant show you proof in a guide. the only way to really see this is true is to do it for yourself. you seem to hit far more often when using the corresponding weakness(tested by myself), so if you want to see try it out ::'

it seems that crush attacks work well on the red/pink portal, but i havent played enough games to actually say it. ill be joining heart unit next month, so ill be able to do plenty more testing then

newsignature1fs8.png

10/10 great, but for Torso you actully need 375 points in ea. Not 350

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?