The "Did you know..." game.

Blaze The Movie Fan

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've heard stuff similar to that. I don't think it was actually a drug itself. It may have originally contained the drug, though. Too lazy to look it up.

Did you know that things feel cold not because you are feeling how cold they are, but because, to establish thermal equilibrium, the cold object takes away heat from your hand, causing that part of your hand to become cold, which is the coldness you are 'feeling'.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Acctually I did.

Did you know that things seem dark not because they are but because there is a lack of light.

And on the coca-cola that is how it got its name because it had traces of cocaine in the original make before they made it completely safe. Also that might come from the fact that coca-cola was originally sold over the counter in drugstores, not sure why as I am Canadian and it is an American thing. (Don't be to judgemental, to much time and a show on the origins of coke with nothing else on.)

I knew about the coca cola thing. I studied the company years ago for Media Studies because they are the biggest company in the world.

Did you know coca cola created the image of the red and white santa?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Mind is blown.

Did you know that a lot of the explorers coming into America were assumed to be gods by the natives because their soon-to-be invaders matched a lot of the descriptions of their prophecies involving gods arriving?

I never knew that but I can understand how the natives thought that.

Did you know that sometimes octopuses eat their arms when they are stressed?

rc1tzc.png

Really? That's awesome.

Did you know that I made the perfect statement that can't be proven right and another perfect one that can't be proven wrong since nobody has replied to the You're Right and the You're Wrong Game for over a month now. Come on, you can't deny it. I killed those threads, otherwise people would have replied to them. But they didn't so it's obvious. :twisted:

I don't even...

Did you know there are over two hundred types of moray eels?

Damn comic teaching me too many fish facts.

rc1tzc.png

Nope

Did you know that taking antibiotics more often is actually contributing to stronger bacteria because they're becoming resistant to it? Therefore, it's wise to only use antibiotics when it's necessary.

j0xPu5R.png

Didn't know that, but it makes sense. Good thing I don't take anti-biotics unless I really need to.

Did you know the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is E?

rc1tzc.png

I could have guessed because I do the same.

Did you know that it's hard to pull up facts when you're thinking on the spot?

rc1tzc.png

Not surprising. Many don't wiki walk or look up random, useless information as much as others.

Speaking of, did you know that trypanophobia (the fear of needles, injections, sharp objects) affects at least 1 in 10 people?

I didn't know that, I would have thought it was more common due to the drama I hear.

Did you know 20% of youtube vids are music related?

rc1tzc.png

Reeeeeeallly?

Did you know that people often confuse pessimism and cynicism as the same thing, but it actually means different things? Cynicism, based on the Greek word for "dog", is a philosophy of indifference where the goal was to simply be happy, being self-sufficient, and mainly focuses on bare necessities. Unfortunately, the definition of the words began to be blurred around late 19th-early 20th century and was controversial to begin with because cynics acted as watchdogs sometimes in the form of pointing out the flaws of people.