Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

Just to let everyone know, i am not saying that F2p needs skill capes, and i am not saying F2p should get skill capes (even though i think they should). i am just wondering if F2p deserves them. (when i say deserves it is because i cant think of a better word to use)

I am F2P myself, and since i joined tip.it i have seen a quite a few F2P'ers with 99 skills. The problem is, they have no way to show it. 99's are WAY harder to get in F2p. I am not saying any 99s are less admirable than others (although some are starting to become less admirable) but seriously, if you get 99 woodcutting using only willows, (whereas p2p'ers can use maples, mages, and all those other cool logs you have), that is quite a bit harder!

also, for those of you who say "there is only one master per skill, and most of the are located in p2p areas" look at this awesome suggestion. Thanks NJE!!

What if there was a portal that took you to the skill master to buy the cape. In F2P worlds you would not be able to leave the area or interact with anything besides the skill master. Thoughts?

but now to the main question.

Does F2p deserve capes of achievement?

Post your opinion here :thumbsup:

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 word="no!"

dunno why, but thats why we pay 5$ per month =p

yes, but would it really make people to become f2p just because of capes? the only reason you pay the 5$ is because of all the benifits, would you stop paying just for the cape that becomes f2p?

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

ye f2p need skill capes

my bro said,"get a life" so i asked "where do i download that...

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

umm no..

and dont tell me that same line - would you quit your member ship if F2P get (insert item) its been said a thousand times. anyway you cant get skill capes most of them are in member worlds.

sorry.. just pay for membership. simple

umm no..

and dont tell me that same line - would you quit your member ship if F2P get (insert item) its been said a thousand times. anyway you cant get skill capes most of them are in member worlds.

if i was a mem i wouldnt quit mem if 1 item was given 2 f2p... think about it the amount of stuf u mems get.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I had always thought that F2P will get Skillcapes, so when they didn't I was a bit surprised, considering they are meant to show off the skills of a character and do not actually provide any major bonuses (at least, they aren't meant to). But either way, it is for boasting; and I really don't care for that.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

umm no..

and dont tell me that same line - would you quit your member ship if F2P get (insert item) its been said a thousand times.

"Just pay for membership" is used much much more by members, than "you wouldn't quit membership" is used by f2pers. Also, what are you being sorry about? It's not like it is your decision or anything...

anyway you cant get skill capes most of them are in member worlds.

That's the whole point in the threat, to get skill capes available in non member worlds

if i was a mem i wouldnt quit mem if 1 item was given 2 f2p... think about it the amount of stuf u mems get.

Thats just the thing, its not just one thing: there are suggestions on this board alone for mage armour, more bank space, more NPCS and assorted others - If F2p were ever updated with one of them the others would instantly gain a precendant and be able to ask for more and mroe stuff - I doubt it would stay at "just one item" for long.

It seems to be an everything or nothing game here, and as everything would be unfair to members it will have to be nothing (or very little)

also, dont most 99 wcers cut willows :-s I read they were the fastest XP.

I don't know to be honest.

I'm normally a staunch anti-F2P-update'er. But in this case, in F2P, where 99 stat's are an even greater acheivement than in P2P - It would be nice for them to have some form of recognition.

I would usually say - 'Don't play video games for recognition, play for fun' - But there are great F2P'ers who have contributed so much to the RS community [Our own Lim_Dul anyone?] who get completely overlooked, and to be truthful - It isn't fair.

Yes, I know lifes not fair - But it does seem awfully harsh. No?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

also, dont most 99 wcers cut willows :-s I read they were the fastest XP.

u read correct

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

F2P players deserve skill capes, because they also spend time in their training till lvl 99. It's a reward and Jagex should know that(I'm not trying to insult Jagex, let that be clear). It is also a sign from Jagex, that they are still doing other things for F2P players. Nowdays you have to be a member to enjoy benefits and updates. I might be a member, but i know how hard it is to train in F2P. I trained lvl 90 combat in F2P(believe that!) and around total 1000!!! That's good for a F2P player!!!!!!

Conclusion: F2P players deserve skill capes!

kallenkoot2.png

When skill capes were about to come out I was quite excited when I read something along the lines of "A new cape available to all those with a 99 skill". Cool I thought, now people won't ask me my woodcut anymore.

But alas they were released and members only. I went to the woodcutting tutor just to be sure but left only disappointed.

I think that I, and other f2p'ers with 99 skills earned the right to get this recognition. Like I have said in the past, it's not like other updates. It was designed to show that you have maxed out a skill and I think it should be available to all.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

They deserve it. But Jagex won't do it, because it's attracting new members; more money.

But if someone who's been playing long enough and is dedicated enough to get 99 in a skill hasn't become a member already, would a skillcape really entice them to become a member when nothing else has?

Ananke32.png

They deserve it. But Jagex won't do it, because it's attracting new members; more money.

But if someone who's been playing long enough and is dedicated enough to get 99 in a skill hasn't become a member already, would a skillcape really entice them to become a member when nothing else has?

Excellent point.

I think getting 99 in a skill, and then joining members, would most likely only serve to dull the glow of their acheivement.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Why shouldn't they? Some of the work that they do on freeplay to level up those skills is exponentially harder than the work anyone on members would ever have to do.

If they did make it freeplay, you wouldn't hear me complain about it one bit.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

the only flaw with this is that there is a large macro problem in f2p. a majority of those capes would go to robots that existed for less than a month.

Not only is it rare to see an auto actually make it to lv99 without being banned, but they also would have no reason to buy a skill cape so I don't see that as a flaw.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

the only flaw with this is that there is a large macro problem in f2p. a majority of those capes would go to robots that existed for less than a month.

same with what nje said, and also i dont think the people who make the macros will give 98k to them for the cape.

Ammo931.png

lol quite true i have seen a massive increase in wc macroers. whole groups of them standing around 1 yew

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

1 word="no!"

dunno why, but thats why we pay 5$ per month =p

\

If you were a non-member, you wouldn't say that.

rssig-2.png

[Potatoed0] --> [Combat 63] --> [WCing 51] --> [FMing 40]