Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

complete waste of bankspace for f2pers. Many people would not be able to support the space
I for one would make room for it given the opportunity. :wink:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. True they got a 99 skill, but they are f2p. Members are PAYING for a reason. F2Pers arn't suppos to be getting all the benificts of members, even if it is only a small cape.

man some of u mems dont get it do u?! honestly we rnt askin 4 everythin just a cape and i dont care for a trimmed one just a skill cape for gettin 99. we work harder for our 99s anyways!!!

I have no doubt that. Being a memebr should have some advantages, and better items, and privlages.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

F2P shouldn't get any skillcapes. Sure, you say "but you members get tons of updates!" like you're being discriminated against. F2Pers are, and never will be happy with the updates that they get for free.

Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile.

lulz @ rs

yeah, its harder in f2p but the stupid $5 rule......

Do you seriously think that Jagex put in the "$5 rule" just to make the game harder?

I've noticed, with a few exceptions, that F2P players generally don't understand basic life skills, namely "money" and "spelling."

lulz @ rs

Do you seriously think that Jagex put in the "$5 rule" just to make the game harder?

I've noticed, with a few exceptions, that F2P players generally don't understand basic life skills, namely "money" and "spelling."

Are you honestly saying that a greater percent of members understand money and spelling? Money, maybe, but chances are that most have their memberships paid by parents. Spelling is a blatant lie. Of the members I see, 80% of them have no intention of spelling things correctly.

F2P shouldn't get any skillcapes. Sure, you say "but you members get tons of updates!" like you're being discriminated against. F2Pers are, and never will be happy with the updates that they get for free.

Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile.

Jagex can do what they wish with their game. If they want F2P to have skill capes, they can give them to them. They have made it clear that they don't, however. But I still think we should get an emote-only version at the very least.

No. True they got a 99 skill, but they are f2p. Members are PAYING for a reason. F2Pers arn't suppos to be getting all the benificts of members, even if it is only a small cape.

I honestly don't pay just for a skill cape, you know. That'd be really pointless. Giving them a skill cape without trim would be quite handy, and I'd only somewhat agree with the stat reductions that someone else suggested.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You guys are sorta getting a bit off the originators point - do they deserve them... of course they deserve them. A 99 stat whether through P2P or F2P is a great achievement.

BUT Jagex won't be giving them away anytime soon is my bet.

A portal sounds good, but I would add this: If a F2P player gained even 1xp point of thier 99 stat in P2P, then the only place they could get the cape would be back in P2P. A F2P cape should look different than the P2P ones to distinguish the feat.

so much for us not knowing how 2 spell look at your sig

my bro said,"get a life" so i asked "where do i download that...

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

so much for us not knowing how 2 spell look at your sig

his sig wouldn't be funny if it was spelt correctly

Nor is it funny spelled horribly wrong.

A portal sounds good, but I would add this: If a F2P player gained even 1xp point of thier 99 stat in P2P, then the only place they could get the cape would be back in P2P. A F2P cape should look different than the P2P ones to distinguish the feat.
I agree, this would be a good addition to that, although can they actually tell where you got the experience?

Nor is it funny spelled horribly wronng.

just cause his sig is spelt incorrectly. that doesn't mean he cant spell, its ment to be spelt like that

lol mems spell everything wrong *looks at hardy* ment is spelled meant + spelt is spelled spelled

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

just cause his sig is spelt incorrectly. that doesn't mean he cant spell, its ment to be spelt like that

lol mems spell everything wrong *looks at hardy* ment is spelled meant + spelt is spelled spelled

Actually 'spelt' is correct. 'Spelt' & 'spelled' are both gramatically correct. In personal experience, I've only ever seen 'spelt' used in that context.

Ananke32.png

Actually 'spelt' is correct. 'Spelt' & 'spelled' are both gramatically correct. In personal experience, I've only ever seen 'spelt' used in that context.

Ananke32.png

ok my bad im a math student anyways lol

ty for the correction

u sent it twice?

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

What I'm talking about is getting the capes like:

Cooking Cape (f).

Bonus like 3, no trimmed versions and the (f) stands for free :)

You'll have to pay 99k aswell!

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I don't think that is necessary, to be honest. I don't actually see the point of skillcapes being P2p - F2p people work just as hard for it, and they sometimes even deserve it a little (not much) more just because they have more limited ways to gain exp. Look at Runecrafting, for example: no law running makes it quite a bit more difficult.

Also, I hate the arrogancy some members show up for their own protection ("Skillkaepz r mien!!! Giev dem bak!!!!!1!). Honestly, does anyone with a bit of decency try to take something from someone else if they don't profit from it, and if it doesn't even affect them any way? It is up to JaGeX's judgement about what they allow or not for F2p's. And if the worse part of F2p is always whining about how they still don't get updates - learn to ignore those people, JaGeX won't really lose as much money as with a P2p quitting, especially since someone who really wants the F2p updates that badly isn't likely to become a member anytime soon.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

ok my bad im a math student anyways lol

ty for the correction

u sent it twice?

lets get back On Topic please?

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

Absolutely. Any level 99 is something to be proud of - even the ones that can be 'bought' like fletching. To get that 99 when there's less ways for you to boost the experience recieved is - to me anyway - an incredible achievement.

Yeah, give us the capes with a special trim to show that the skill was trained in f2p >:D

Skillcapes aren't necessary for f2p. They are extras. That said, I think it would be nice for f2p to have them.

Absolutely. Any level 99 is something to be proud of - even the ones that can be 'bought' like fletching. To get that 99 when there's less ways for you to boost the experience recieved is - to me anyway - an incredible achievement.

Yeah, give us the capes with a special trim to show that the skill was trained in f2p >:D

Skillcapes aren't necessary for f2p. They are extras. That said, I think it would be nice for f2p to have them.

that is my point.

P.S. your sig is totally teh L337!

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

WE f2ps should have achievement capes (skillcapes) because is lot harder being FTP and get 99 skill and for who get there is a present for they for being so hard get 99 skill

SO to those PTP achievement capes for FTP are pretty sure, the best thing that Jagex could do to us in this or another year

blackmhween06,Zurutius.gif

My stats

siggymv6.png

Quited RuneScape-17 July 2007, Still fighting for f2p rights

Look here

Most people don't pay FOR the achiviement cape....most buy because of the benefits that membership gives like more bank space,acess to all area in the game world, etc...

But some people train skills like cooking at member because have more thing to cook than in FTP

What im saying thats FTPs should have cape with these bonuses:

Def in all stats:+4

Don't be able to get trimmed only untrimmed ones

Prayer bonuses at least in +2

And the skill simbol in the cape

Almost the same as member but with less bonuses as PTP

My stats

siggymv6.png

I want complain about your updates about the game...

I'm sure that I am not the first to say this, and even the last

If you,people of JaGeX, want more people in the game, make achievement capes (skill capes) to free-to-play and you,people of JaGeX, will see that more people will play this (most will be those who quite the game) because of the achievement capes

I said that to JaGeX

If we are lucky they will do that as FTP

If we aren't...Then I maybe got ban or something worst to us

My stats

siggymv6.png