Should F2P get skill capes?

hybrid2hell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end who cares what other people think of you. You shouldn't be going for 99 [skill] because of the cape, you should be getting the 99 for the sense of accomplishment, or money, or just the good feeling that comes with it. The cape is a bonus and because of that it is a Members-Only feature.

People don't believe you 99 Woodcut? Quickchat it buddy. Who cares what they believe anyways? You sure shouldn't.

F2P is getting new quests, expanded forum access, and a new skill for crying out loud, pretty big updates for a "large-scale demo." I'd be happy with what you have, and rest easy knowing that F2P is getting a lot more in the future.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

In the end who cares what other people think of you. You shouldn't be going for 99 [skill] because of the cape, you should be getting the 99 for the sense of accomplishment, or money, or just the good feeling that comes with it. The cape is a bonus and because of that it is a Members-Only feature.

People don't believe you 99 Woodcut? Quickchat it buddy. Who cares what they believe anyways? You sure shouldn't.

F2P is getting new quests, expanded forum access, and a new skill for crying out loud, pretty big updates for a "large-scale demo." I'd be happy with what you have, and rest easy knowing that F2P is getting a lot more in the future.

It isn't all about what people think. If I like the look of a cape I earned in F2P, I should also be able to wear it in F2P, although the bonus on it is a bit ridiculous. And the new head of Jagex or whatever the guys rank is said he considers F2P a valuable part of the game and not just a tutorial or demo. It is a game in itself.

Doesn't really matter because it is way too late to change it now, it's just that I spent a lot of my time leveling in F2P itself and feel like I should at least be able to wear the capes if I choose.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

member speeking.

f2p, in my eyes, dont "not deserve" skill capes, that is not to say that thay deserve them ether. although i am leaning to the do deserve side.

truth is no one "deserves" them, its just that becouse 1 8th of the players have the ability to have them, i see no reson for the other 7 8th to have what really is nuthing besides a spiffy looking cape and a spiffy looking emote (well to f2p it would have much better stats then any cape thay have now, but thats nuthing much and besides the point).

we have to remember, f2p make up around 7 million of the 8 million players, thay are every part of the comunity as the members (and them some!), not to mention jagex is proud to uphold there world record as being the most popular f2p mmorpg, f2p may of been a demo, but now f2p is as much a demo as p2p.

now geting a skill to 99 from a pure f2p standpoint is much slower, but really this means nuthing besides a reson for people to acuse the suposed pure f2p to have spent some time as a member nullifying that reguard, and probably thay will ofen be right.

f2p is that, FREE to play.

...and?

i dont see any reson as to think that means anything more then 5 or so $'s a month, you pay for the right to get skills faster, get more(note, more as in not all) content, and overall have more things to do.

your NOT buying the right to deside what f2p deserve, and yes maybe jagex could give you that but it would never be anything bigger then a poll or a thread on peoples opinions.

now im probably not going to change a single mind on this topic but meh, that is what i think.

f2p deserve it as much as any member, but neather side truely "deserves" it at all.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Guest jrhairychest

Hmmmm........So, for those in agreement to give F2P capes, why not give them items such as Barrows, Bandos, Godswords etc, extend the maps, more quests, able to get their own treasure trails etc. etc. etc? After all, you're condoning giving F2P items that are currently P2P so why not move the boundaries completely? Absurd? Possibly. Ridiculous? Probably. In the end, if you're advocating giving F2P things then sooner or later there comes a point where you'll draw the line with a big resounding 'No!'. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes, F2P'ers should get Skillcapes becuase if anything, it's harder to earn a 99 skill in F2P than in P2P. Whoever has a 99 skill should be able to earn one, it's only fair to the F2P'ers for working much harder to get that 99.

My good ser, my account predates skill capes on runescape and this is what I have personally witnessed before and after. (disclaimer: your results may vary from mine)

I'm Training X Skill to 99. I don't like the skill but it's hard to level so I can brag that I got a 99 in it.

I'm training X skill to 99 then I'ma go get the cape. I don't like the skill but the cape is rare so I can wear it to show my 1337 skillz.

Therefore skill capes haven't really harmed runescape in any way. In fact they perform their function quite admirably: helping players show off their 99's.

As to whether or not a F2P should get them. It wouldn't be terrible if they did but it would take away from some skill capes since more than just members can obtain them.

nuc_sol.png

i understand why F2p may deserve the capes but......its become what makes members ...well ...members lol.

There is no way Jagex is going to give F2p skill capes. One reason why is that (although capes aren't exactly the most important items that your character needs) a lot of people love to show off. The skill capes allow loads of bragging to be done without exactly having to shout it out from the rooftops. This to Jagex spells out $$$$$. Its to force you into getting members.

Yes, people do want to pay the money just for things like that. Its the way it goes.

kayumera.png

kayumera.png