Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's the story behind your RS name?

• Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

Skul_Lord1
[ Display Name History ]

Skul_Lord1

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 66 posts
Well when i created my account i wanted a name that would appeato me as being of a "scary" nature.

First i tried Skull....full

then Skull Lord.....full

Then Skul Lord1 and i kept it from then on :P
Posted Image

if you said "runescape" at my school, seeing that 90% of the population there are rednecks, they'd be like "whats that", me: "a computer game online", "eh!? oh one of those thinga-ma-gigers mrs clark got on her desk? a compooter?

TheTime
[ Display Name History ]

TheTime

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 18 posts
Short story:

2 years ago I had a camp where everybody had a Buddy, the person you slept with inside your tent.

When I made a new Runescape the Buddy part sticked to me and since I wanted to be opposite of those Pures, I decided to be a Skiller.

Skillers are usually lvl 3 so Buddy + lvl 3 = Buddy lvl 3!

Some nice stories around here!
Posted Image

Str4lif3
[ Display Name History ]

Str4lif3

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 591 posts
Its not my first account. I wanted to have a pure with 1 def and high str. called him Str4lif3. then my main got banned :(. so i took my pure because I did not want to do tutorial island again. I HATE my name, when i train people are asking me Str lvl? when I anwser they're like : lol. low for your lvl. That piss me off because combat is not all about str...
Posted Image

sir_molk
[ Display Name History ]

sir_molk

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nocsyn
  • Clan:None
I remeber I wanted my name to have something like "sir" or "lord" in it. I decided to take "sir" and then I just pressed some random letters on my keyboard.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shinji
[ Display Name History ]

Shinji

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 30 posts
He is Zamorak's most prized Warrior...

I friggen own...

chariot
[ Display Name History ]

chariot

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
i chose my name because my favorite band/army of philosophers was The Chariot. I tried to get The Chariot and Chariot, but both were taken. So i stuck some Hard-X-Core 'Xs' around it, and voila! xchariotx

Xstarfox33X
[ Display Name History ]

Xstarfox33X

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 174 posts
i made this acc back in 2001

tried starfox64 didn't work

tried starfox32, (thats half the number) didn't work

just went 1 number above 32, 33, and thats how i got my name

p.s. i have 2 accouts that have my full name in them... one full legal, last name+nickname (yes and i don't play on these acc, but still ahve em)
Right...

play4free
[ Display Name History ]

play4free

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
i hate my user name...

it call Azn Spy Noob, and i am italian not azn..........

i got azn from a dude name azn dog and some wired numbers in it..

i got the word spy from spyjoey

and i got the word noob from someone calling me a noob

:) end of story..

i wish i could change it to something better...
Join my clan chat if u like Chocolate =)
Posted Image

Pyrex
[ Display Name History ]

Pyrex

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts
I chose e174 as my first account, because all I wanted to do was test this game. That was back in 2001. I played a little and got like 20 combat. Then I found out how to do Ernest the Chicken and since it gave 300gp as a reward I made lots of accounts and did the quest with all of them and then I showed off with my accounts all with 300gp :XD:

I even thought a little about changing over to some of those accounts, like I made names like Ice Queen, Biohazard, Darkened Eye and lots more... Noes! Level 20 is too much to lose just like that :wall:

Then I played a lot and thought many times of just starting over, but all the times I just thought it's too much to lose and the next time I think of it I just thought I was stupid, I mean it was so easy to get all that.

Last time I thought of starting over I thought of the previous times and then I just thought that in a year I'll be sorry for not starting over so I started playing with Venqeance. I know it's spelled wrong, but I simply can't remember a password of accounts made 6 years ago. But I like Venqeance <3:
Retired
Ex-E174
Ex-Venqeance
[Ex-Tha Familia3]

InsaneChef
[ Display Name History ]

InsaneChef

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Pen chef
I'm really bad at cooking, so I thought calling myself a chef would kinda be ironic. Pen stands for 'Penguin', which is my favourite animal. I'm a Penguin Chef!
Runescape player since 6th November, 2003
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TrampInDenial
[ Display Name History ]

TrampInDenial

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 61 posts
Well my first account Depo-Provera has quite a funny story. I was making an account and I saw the top of a book next to my pc and it had Depo-Provera on it so I thought that it sounded unique so I used that.

Turns out my mum was studying contraceptives at the time (she's a nurse) and that Depo-Provera is a birth control pill :wall:.

That account got hacked and so I started my new one Spoonology, well thats was a joke name really, I got bored.
Posted Image

Juader
[ Display Name History ]

Juader

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
presses p,o,l,l,e,r

used, presses p,o,l,l,e,r,6

useable.. yay! i wish i'd have diff name tho :x
VIX VIX VIX

Giant_Torti
[ Display Name History ]

Giant_Torti

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • RSN:Giant Torti
There were simply too many accounts with Jason in and I wanted something without numbers in.

I tried a few other naming styles but didn't want anything with 'leet' in so I went with 'Giant Torti' partially out of desire to not have a number in my name but also because, well tortoises are kinda cute.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

Posted Image

Ollyc3
[ Display Name History ]

Ollyc3

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 747 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Ollyc3
  • Clan:Divination
Olly - Nickname

C - First letter of surname

3 - Favourite number

Olly + C + 3 = Ollyc3.

Would like to take the c3 off the end though.. :x
2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Nicolescat
[ Display Name History ]

Nicolescat

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts
I was 12 and obsessed with the Final Fantasy series. 'Aeon' from FF10. Queen , largely just chosen as I'm a girl. (I have a really old account called Gfs Princess alongside.) Looking back a good few years on, it isn't that bad a name, especially when it prompts conversations about Final Fantasy with random people I meet on slayer assignments. :P

Harrington
[ Display Name History ]

Harrington

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,252 posts
My RS avatar is named after the lead character in a series of books I really enjoyed written by David Weber.

The series is called the Honor Harrington series (and currently comprises of 10 novels, plus spinoffs).

It was the first thing that popped into my head when I created this account 6-7 years ago.

To be honest, I wish I'd chosen something else as I'm fed up with people in the game assuming that it's my real-life surname. I constantly get stuff like "John... is that you?" sigh. I sometimes answer "Yes" and see how far I can carry the conversation before they realise lol.
Posted Image

Smackapotato
[ Display Name History ]

Smackapotato

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • RSN:Potato faafy
When I made my RS name I don't really know what I was thinking lol

I just took some random stuff I liked at the time and made it into a name, potato is cause I like potato's and faafy is the name of this little dragon type lumpy creature on this show I used to watch when I made my account.
EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

BlackDawn
[ Display Name History ]

BlackDawn

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:George Rozas
  • RSN2:Hebella Lust
  • Clan:DOTA
i looked to my side and saw the name of a movie "black dawn"

and thats where the black dawn you all know and love came from :D
Posted Image

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

me
[ Display Name History ]

me

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • RSN:me
Before the friends list came out players communicated by typing their private message in the regular chat but preceded by "tell [player name]". For example, "tell bob hey what's up?".

At one point I said something along the lines of "tell me later, I'm just about to go for dinner" and RuneScape said something like "there is no user me". So I then registered that name and got a flood of messages from people using the tell system.

IIRC Moderator registered the name 'you' for a similar reason.
Posted Image
Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts
I had a certain fascination for the symbol, irrational number and mathematical constant Pi (pronounced "Pie" if you didn't know) so I named my Runescape character after it.

I don't regret that decision. Anyway any person who is 12 should know about that number.
My Blog
Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users