Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

yeah limitless bank space is pretty unlikely.

and dude, the gullibility test thing is a joke... by trying to click on the link it proves that you're gulible :lol:

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was browsing the forums when a signature caught my eye.

You do not get more bankspace, because you rarely have new items added to your gameplay, whereas members have perhaps thousands of items, amulets with charges, armour that stores seperately at different degrade states, potion doses, and hundreds of quest items. Many have been able to deal with the f2p bank space limitations fine, so it is obviously not an impossible obstacle to overcome.

fishing.gif

right, new items aren't being added to ftp all that often although i know that the scepter from the sos has four parts, which is four more spaces.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

ftps have no room to complain they don't pay....and i don't perticularly like ftp players most of them constantly moan about banks i say reduce the space! :twisted:

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

f2p plays a rule in the economy, spoil them once in a while

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

F2P should get more bank space because:

Random Event Items, Quest Items, Armour, Weapons, Food, Simple Tools, Runes, Equipment, Money.

Not everybody is able to become member!

j0xPu5R.png

Top F2pers would agree that they want more bank space

but they would also agree that they do not need it

It is the principle of it

When Cook-x and other select buttons were put into place the game was made so much easier.

Having played the original game, the old School f2p'ers feel they have had it rougher than most and would not like to see a few new players who want some space to get what they want

F2P should get more bank space because:

Random Event Items, Quest Items, Armour, Weapons, Food, Simple Tools, Runes, Equipment, Money.

Not everybody is able to become member! They are either stopped by their parents or are in an extremely tight financial standpoint. Internet is usually available because they go to a library or they share it as part of their parent's work.

If you are too poor to pay for a Runescape membership, you should be worrying about your next meal and not about bank space in a game. Besides, it isn't Jagex's fault that your parent's won't let you pay, or because you can't always go on the internet. Jagex isn't a charity.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

I feel they don't deserve the bank space because they do not support Jagex enough to get i paid for. I'm not using the, "They don't get updates if they don't pay" argument. In case all of you non-members didn't know, your precious F2P server cost money. You say you see the ads and you generate money for Jagex. But did you know that your money generated from ads is hardly enough to pay for your servers?

hatewn1.png

Alot of stuff you get over the period of runescape playing are stuff you need. I would say the current bank space is good for just the skilling, merchant, and pking.

HOWEVER with more random events add each update, i.e. demon drill (3bank space) lederhosen (3bankspace), there simply isn't enough to put the randomevent clothing.

YOu may say that those are absolute bull, you don't need random event or holiday items in your bank, they are not nessecery, but as al of us know, being a f2p limits the options of outward appearence.

How many times have you walked through a f2p world and see full runes?

Having random event stuff gives high level f2pers, who either has difficulties paying for whatever reason for members, a nother hope of fashion the the sea of full runes after full runes

some more bank space to store the randomevents clothing would be nice

Proud member of the Crimson Raiders

1000 total lvl achieved on 4-17-07 -F2P

1. Bank space is meant to be restricting - even on members worlds.

I agree with this

2. Jagex is a company, there is no incentive for them to give ftp more bank space as it will likely make ftpers more complacent and less likely to upgrade to members.

Do you really think that jagex loses a lot of potential clients just because of a few lines more bankspace? I have been f2p for like 2 years so I know that the current f2p bankspace is annoying but I know it's not the reason why I became member. Jagex "lures" f2p to become member with new quests, skills, weapons, armor, ... Not with bankspace.

3. Just pay 5 bucks, it's not a lot.

agree again, it's not a lot ... for me. But there are many many other reasons why f2p stay f2p.

4. The appropriately named "give them a penny and they want a dime" factor.

I think this is nonsence. So if you don't give f2p anything they won't ask for updates?

5. There is, in fact, enough bank space for ftp to store all necessary items. the only people who have problems are pack rats who try to save everything.

If f2p would have enough bankspace than they wouldn't ask for more.

As f2p you can hardly store all the items you need (if your a normal player, not skiller, or pker, ...)

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

yeah that's a very common opinion... lots of people hate throwing random event stuff away.

everybody: thanks for posting your opinions. i'm checking through em now, i'll decide which ones are different enough from stuff i've already posted and put em in the top post.

They don't deserve it! One reason is they don't even pay! Another reason is jagex will loose so many members. Alot of people become members because of the more bank space. If I was a free player and I got more bank space I wouldn't wanna become a member as much

well i wouldn't say a LOT of people become members for bank space... there are a lot of other benefits but bank space is meant to encourage ftpers to become members, thats for sure.

Man, it's hard to decide. Both sides actually have nice arguments.

I personally would love a few more spaces in my bank. I'm constantly switching between wearing my mime, camo, and lederhosen sets, which take up a lot of space - at least 9 if I'm doing combat. And I will never, ever, ever throw away any of those clothes. Ever. Ever. Never.

But... I just thought about it, and I can junk my frog stuff since I don't wear it at all. Heh heh. And my pots and buckets, even though I use them to make pizza. And maybe that skull sceptre. And I don't fish pike much, so that's three spaces gone for pike and supplies for it.

See? You can always find stuff you don't need in your bank. Well, mostly always.

And I might have somewhat of a solution. So, you can't store everything for all skills at once, so, switch out your bank. Let's say you want to skill awhile. Sell your armor, weapons, food if you're not fishing, pots, arrows, runes, etc. Buy it back later. The same for if you're only mining a lot of different ores, fishing different fishes, etc. Just sell what takes room and buy back what you need later.

Personally, even though I'd love a huge bank space increase -- wouldn't we all, though? -- I have to say that overall, Jagex has no reason to give us more space. And I'm pretty cool with that. One of the consequences of not paying for the game. At least we don't have to pay now, and we still get enough. We're quite blessed to get a free version, in my opinion.

But if I become a member again, it certainly wouldn't be for that bank increase. It'd be for Barrows and quests! :P Although bank space is nice.

:D

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

right but if you had a place to store that random event stuff, you wouldn't have to switch between your sets of stuff, right? in general, it seems like if jagex gave you a way to drop random event stuff and then recover it (like diango with holiday stuff) then ftpers would be fine with their bank space.

Give them the space what does it matter to p2p we have our bank space and hey I rune out of that hwo can a few rows hurt.

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

right but if you had a place to store that random event stuff, you wouldn't have to switch between your sets of stuff, right? in general, it seems like if jagex gave you a way to drop random event stuff and then recover it (like diango with holiday stuff) then ftpers would be fine with their bank space.

Exactly f2p don't need more bank space if they have a place like hte POH storage room for random clothes. the curent bank space is good enough for a regular player such as myself, but it's the random event clothings that are hard to get, that crowds the bank sapce

Proud member of the Crimson Raiders

1000 total lvl achieved on 4-17-07 -F2P

i've gotta say, i'm experiencing firsthand the amount of bakn space ftp has and it seems adequate... i quit members and although i did a huge bank dump, most of it was ptp stuff anyways. i only saved one ptp item, my staff of zamorak, because i really like it.

yea,....the only F2p people that need bank space are all lower levels...and pack rats...im lv 94 F2P and i have like 10 mem items..in my bank..and i still manage enough room...so i support..wich iv already said...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Yeah. That'd be at least 8 spaces empty, plus I could keep my frog outfit. Now that I threw away stuff I really wasn't going to use, I have at least 4-6 spaces empty, probably more.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

wow dude i'm sort of running on the edge of how much stuff i can hold but i couldn't imagine doing it with 10 spaces occupied by stuff i couldn't use... gratz on being able to do that lol.