~Bring Back the Black Hole (NOW WITH PICTURES!!!)~

Our_Moon

~Copyright - Homer S 777 - The Platypus - 2 PM - May 26 - 2007~

~Summary of the Black Hole (Credited to runescape.wikia.com)~

The Black Hole

The Black Hole was Jagex's early punishment system back on RuneScape Classic. It existed throughout most of 2001 but was removed by December of that year.

The Black Hole was a place where players who were found to be behaving badly were sent into. It was essentially a place of total blackness where the players could not move or teleport out of. Players were sent there for an indefinite period of time before being taken out. The Black Hole consisted of the void space outside the programmed areas. Players who were sent into the Black Hole would have their law runes removed to prevent them from teleporting out.

A lot of players began deliberately misbehaving to see what it was like to be inside of the black hole, so eventually Andrew Gower programmed a clone of the Black Hole, dubbed "The Black Hole Experience". Players went into the western section of the Dwarven mine (to where Boot the Dwarf can be found on present-day RuneScape) and purchased a Disk of Returning from a dwarf named Thordur for 10 coins. Once a player had a Disk in their inventory they were allowed to go down the ladder into the mock black hole.

The Black Hole Experience was eventually removed, along with the real thing, due to players attempting to scam one another by claiming that "something really cool" would happen if players dropped the disk while in the hole, effectively trapping them until Jagex rescued them. This was before the game system could prevent players from dropping certain items, and almost 6 years before the Lumbridge Home Port spell was added to the game.

Postbag from the Hedge #6 gives the storyline reason of why the Black Hole was removed.

In RuneScape Classic there exists some bugs that allow the player to walk through certain walls and into the void. One early player, M_Oldfield, was known to be sent to the Hole for macro use, and was the only known player to escape from the Hole.

~My Suggestions~

~Bring BACK The Black Hole~

Why? Because Banned Players should be made into examples. Roman generals used to carry around their conquered enemies....In cages. Players can easily break the Rules in RuneScape and make another account. Therefore, they don't experience the pain that should be inflicted while being Banned.

This should force Players to behave better. Scammers, Lurers, and Autoers will diminish quickly, due to the "3-Ban, Bam Rule," which is explained later.

If you are Temporarily Banned, you WILL end up in The Black Hole. After your time is up, you will be reset in Lumbridge, wearing what you were wearing before you entered The Black Hole.

~The "3-Ban, Bam Rule"~

There will be a limit to the number of banned accounts one IP may have in The Black Hole. After three Permanently-Banned accounts, their IP should be banned permanently. This applies to Permanent Bans only. Temporary Bans for Offensive Language and such offences will NOT count towards this three.

~Plate of Re-Entry~

THE DISK OF RETURNING WILL REMAIN A RARE! Instead, a new Item, the "Plate of En-Entry" will be added. It will have four options. They will be "Use," "Information," and "Examine." The "Examine" will be, "Used to access The Black Hole." The "Information" option will tell you how many Players are currently in The Black Hole. The "Destroy" option is self-explanatory, because we all need to take out our anger on pixels sometimes. They will not be stackable. They will not be tradeable. THEY WILL NOT BE DROPPABLE, ANYWHERE. They will be sold by the General Store in Falador.

The Plate of Re-Entry will look like this:

plateofreentry2dl3.png

~Location and Colors~

The Black Hole will be located....It will look like a simple Portal. It will be in a black and red Marble stone, with a "bloodshot" effect. This means it will be black with red lightning bolt-shaped crevices of red in it. The stone will be shaped like a House Portal. Instead of a pretty, purple Portal, the Portal will be black and red, as is the Ardougne House Portal, which can be found in a Portal Room in a House. It will have three options. They will be...The "Use Plate," which uses up a Plate of Re-Entry from your Inventory, allowing you to enter The Black Hole. The "Look Into" option, will say, "I would have to really mess up to get myself in there!" And finally, the "Examine" option, will say, "The Portal...To who knows where?"

The Black Hole will be located in the southwestern-most part of Falador, near the "Under the Wall" shortcut, heading to Rimmington.

This is the Portal to The Black Hole (credited to me! Whooo!)

ardougneportal5bd6.png

This is what The Black Hole will look like, from the inside.

insidetheblackholeoq0.png

~Extra Information~

-Players WILL be able to move in The Black Hole

-The "Follow" and "Trade" options will not be available to Players in The Black Hole. The Chat Interface will not move, even if characters are typed

-All Players in The Black Hole, will be "Examine-able" to Players spectating. It will say, "A rulebreaker."

-Other Banned Players will appear GRAY in the mini-map to inhabitants of The Black Hole

-Temporarily-Banned Inhabitants will be allowed to wear whatever they were wearing before they entered The Black Hole when they leave. If they are Permanently Banned, THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR ANYTHING.~

-Spectators will be allowed to talk, but the Inhabitants of The Black Hole will not be able to hear or see the words being spoken outside the Wall.

-Inhabitants of The Black Hole will appear RED in the mini-map to spectators

-A Wall, preferrably a glass tinted black, will surround the Inhabitants from the Spectators in The Black Hole area.

~Any Suggestions? Comments? Questions? Support? Advice? Criticism? Ideas? Feel free to PM me through Tip.it or ingame (my RSN is in the first line of this post.)~

A Special thanks to the World 27 Rouge's Den Cookers from 1-2 PM on May 26, 2007 and everyone else who's helped.

Our_Moon.png

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to have thought this out, it sounds good to me. :-k

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Sounds good but maybe you could talk and if you abused that you would be sent to a further black hole with no one in it, not even friends could visit you.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

i wasn't around to see the black hole, but the concept always fasinated me. i support

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

No.

What would be point of that? If someone got black holed, do you think he'd stay online to be as an example for the others? If they were "forced" to be online (account logged in), it wouldn't really matter are there npc's which look like players or some real players.

Second, with all these current rule breakers, we'd soon have 10 servers full of black holed people. Is that what you want? It might have worked when under 10,000 people were online same time, but not anymore.

Btw where the hell did you find info of M Oldfield getting blackholed for autoing?

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

~Yes, i've figured that might be a problem. I was thinking you might have to serve x amount of hours to be released, and if you were Perm-Banned, it would tell you, say "10 Hours to go." Then it will go down to 0, and it will say, "Sorry, you've been Permanently Banned." This makes people serve their time, no matter what.~

~As for crashing servers, i was thinking of adding five new "Black Hole Servers," where all the Banned people go to. Either that or making replicas of Banned people and placing them in the Worlds they were Banned in.~

Our_Moon.png

Instead if making another disk, how about a button on the logout screen.

~Yes, i've figured that might be a problem. I was thinking you might have to serve x amount of hours to be released, and if you were Perm-Banned, it would tell you, say "10 Hours to go." Then it will go down to 0, and it will say, "Sorry, you've been Permanently Banned." This makes people serve their time, no matter what.~

What would that help? It would be figured out 10 hours after the update figure out there wouldn't be any point to serve the "10h perm ban". Everyone who had an access to any RS community, to these forums for example, would get the info about that immediately. For verbal abuse and scamming the current system is fine.

Also why to waste servers on that? They aren't free after all. That would have nothing to offer and if you read the latest news from Jagex, they banned over 21,000 accounts last week for just 2 different rule breakings. Add others to that and we get around 25k. How many servers would it take? That's right, many. How much does a new server cost? Google it.

signaturehoh.jpg

~Again, you have a point, which is the only real problem with this idea. Becuase no one will realistically serve 10 hours of doing nothing, except autoers (who will be Perm-Banned anyway,) i've come up with this idea.~

~Instead of the actualy Players wandering around, Jagex could create mirror images of them, wearing what they had when they were Banned, same Level, ect. These "zombies" would wander around The Black Hole for others to see. Maybe when you "Examine" them, it tells you when and why they were Banned?~

~Thanks for your continued responses. I'm much happier to have constructive criticism than Spam =).~

Our_Moon.png

~Again, you have a point, which is the only real problem with this idea. Becuase no one will realistically serve 10 hours of doing nothing, except autoers (who will be Perm-Banned anyway,) i've come up with this idea.~

If I could get my character unbanned after a perm ban just by talking 10 hours to mates, I'd do it. Wouldn't even be anything too new for me just to stand and talk :P

~Instead of the actualy Players wandering around, Jagex could create mirror images of them, wearing what they had when they were Banned, same Level, ect. These "zombies" would wander around The Black Hole for others to see. Maybe when you "Examine" them, it tells you when and why they were Banned?~

I'd rather make a hall of shame list to the website and include all characters with over 50 combat or 600 total to it. This would help us to get answers where have our mates gone and it would show the people who broke rules and cut wings from lies and rumours. Also including stats to it, it would show the players that even high lvl paying members can get banned.

signaturehoh.jpg

~That's also a good idea, but it negates the purpose of The Black Hole =). Perhaps, add the Hall of Shame, but only with the names of people Banned that week or something. Otherwise, people will read the list and The (New) Black Hole will be like any other update: it's really huge for two days, then everyone forgets about it.~

Our_Moon.png

~That's also a good idea, but it negates the purpose of The Black Hole =). Perhaps, add the Hall of Shame, but only with the names of people Banned that week or something. Otherwise, people will read the list and The (New) Black Hole will be like any other update: it's really huge for two days, then everyone forgets about it.~

That's the point: We don't need a black hole :P It takes just server space and who the hell would want to watch zombies or see black holed people?

signaturehoh.jpg