Animal Abuse on RS Already?!

lavijoe

Oh no! Not dogs! Theres allready so cruel things on Runescape! Think about those poor fish you kill just to keep YOU alive. And what about those poor dagannoths the Fremennik people like killing? And rock crabs that you 'pures' slash with your scimmies. They have feelings too!

~~ No sarcasm was used while writing this post because it has feelings too! ~~

RaGetheGreat.png

Retired from RuneScape for as long as possible.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the only animal abuse, look at hunter, and killing cows and chickens and rams is for that matter.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

Dude, it's runescape. Half the friggin game is about killing animals purely to gain something of value from them, if this was a legitimate feeling it would have been rustled up years ago.

It's only hitting a nerve because it's man's best friend, it has little to nothing to do with overall animal rights or the game itself would make you shed a tear.

Why is it people complain about "cruelty" to pretend dogs but not to stuff like "your slayer assignment is to murder 134 elves"?

Get real. Honestly.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Lets put an adopt option xD

Player owned dogs. Then they respawn for other people to adopt them.

Anyway, I can still dream.

2480+ total

RUNESCAPE IS A GAME.

Get it?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Shooing a dog is not the same as animal abuse. I do agree on the idea of being able to pet the dog or even give it a slab of meat but shooing is not animal buse. Animal abuse is the physical violence or neglect of a dog. If a dog comes at me I will shoo it away most of the time. :shame:

If you have a problem with it contact JAGEX. Don't make a big deal. It almost seems that this is whole post is to raise the number to the left of every post for yah. <.<

Not being mean just giving facts. (If i was being mean I would have told you to shoo(mayby they should have a shoo buton on lv5 beggers(aka noobs)))

Srry to leave on bad note :P

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

so because you can kill player in the wilderness its like sublininal army recruting service to kill others, what about people killing random rats, cows, birds, it happens in runescape because it is a FAKE IMAGINARY GAME, completely fictional, they arent supporting animal cruelty, they are just trying to simulate a bit of real life in the game, go to any city back streets and you will see abandoned animals, its just a fact of life and generally if one starts to follow you you tell it to go away

animal cruelty didnt even cross my mind when i clicked one of the dogs in varrock, i just smiled a bit and moved on, i wounldnt even think of hurting an animal after doing that, if you feel that strongly about such matters may i suggest you never study psychology because you wont be too pleased with some of the experiments they did to animals

Candymann16.png

You're taking this way too far, honestly.

The real issue here isn't promotion of animal cruelty. It's your inability to differentiate a virtual online game and real life. I suggest maybe stop playing Runescape if you're going THIS outrageously far with your opinions.

You're totally right on that one.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Here it is, with every update there is at least one thing players dont like...this time cruelty to animals??!? Come on, it is a game, the dog is pixels and has no feelings and shooing it away isn't cruel... :wall:

When hunter was released, i didn't see anyone complaining how we were catching wild animals and killing em... GET OVER IT, IT IS A GAME!

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The author is really just self centered.

Just because he lost a dog he thinks that dogs now must be seen as heavenly beings and cannot possibly stand any representations that could be viewed as "abuses", but what about the other pets!? What do they get?

Pet rats are not as uncommon as you might think. I use to have a pet rat which I loved dearly, and I must say it did hurt my feelings when rat pits came out (and I'm glad that didn't become popular) so I can sympathize on that point. But you've got to realize that this is only a game, and if it really makes you feel bad about these dogs, then try not to walk around varrock.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

people have been shooing stray dogs since the beginning of domesticated dogs...

we can THROW HAMSTERS at other people, but nobody seems to complain about that. MURDER is also common in the streets, and you get praised for being a good THIEF. we catch billions of fish every day and people are encouraged to KILL COWS for their hides. let's not forget the thousands of trees that are BURNED AND CUT DOWN down so that some random person can show he's skilled.

and you complain about shooing dogs?

do we not kill animals in this game to gain levels, do we not hunt them to gain levels? Can you tell me you have never killed one in this game?its just a game and your not actually hurting the dog anyway, your making a really wierd sound and its running away, dont take things like this so seriously

clansig7.gif

Apparently the genuises complaining about this don't realize that it has always been possible to get dogs as SLAYER ASSIGNMENTS.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

people have been shooing stray dogs since the beginning of domesticated dogs...

we can THROW HAMSTERS at other people, but nobody seems to complain about that. MURDER is also common in the streets, and you get praised for being a good THIEF. we catch billions of fish every day and people are encouraged to KILL COWS for their hides. let's not forget the thousands of trees that are BURNED AND CUT DOWN down so that some random person can show he's skilled.

and you complain about shooing dogs?

Chincompa = chinchilla not hamster.

Anyway we murder other players in the wilderness aswell. ITs not real life, its a game.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

it's not so much the option to shoo them but rather the 'whine' that appears. I'd much rather see the dog attack me rather than be scared away.

sig2ho7.jpg

So you can KILL beasts and animals on Runescape (including PEOPLE) but not shoo them...

Makes no sense whatsoever.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Lmao 'animal abuse' morons are pathetic. I notice that you don't care about killing the hundreds of different creatures and people(Including wild dogs...) on RS, just about saying 'tbbhhth!' to a dog. Wow, you told a dog to go away, how horrible! :roll:

And besides, it's a freaking game. I have a dog irl that I love, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go crazy when I see someone shoo a pixelated dog. And seriously, what kind of lifeless idiot would WANT to spend hours shooing a dog?

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg