Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double posting, but my yellow cymbal wire came in the mail today. I made the fix myself and it seems to have solved the problem! :thumbup:

Now I can do cymbal rolls without having a bunch of notes dropped. Hazzah!

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Yay. :D

Still not sure what to do with the Keyboard. Probably gotta go complain about it to the store for a refund. Buy a new one somewhere else. :/

Also, free HMX song pack released today. No keyboard parts, no vocal harmonies and I can't download them for a week since I'm not a Gold Live Member. -.-

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

At least here in the UK with all products you get a guaranteed 1 year warranty on it. The store should simply be able to replace it for another one then send it off to the manufacturer. Although that's usually only up to a month (depends on the store really). Just email Mad catz and see what they say.

I had problems with my rock band drums as one of the pads broke (wasn't responding). The store wouldn't take it back as I no longer had the ENTIRE packaging for the band kit (I'd have had to send back my guitar and microphone too :rolleyes:). And Harmonix wouldn't take it back either (or whoever made it). The store told me to contact the manufacturer who then told me to contact the store. In the end I bought another drum set from a store, switched the set with my broken set and took it back for a refund.

Also, free HMX song pack released today. No keyboard parts, no vocal harmonies and I can't download them for a week since I'm not a Gold Live Member. -.-

Aren't they just repeats of the ones from RB2?

Yeah. They claim they left them out from the purchasable export pack for "licensing and file size reasons". They could've added the extra parts during the two months it took them to publish the package, but...

I'll look into what I'll do with the Keys, probably going to try to check with the store and if that direction doesn't work I'll consider emailing the UK support. Just frustrates me since I don't make a lot of money, and when I purchase something this expensive I won't get what I paid for. :mellow: They can't swap the Keyboard instantly for a new one at the store though, since they ordered only two Xbox Keyboards and I have the second one which I got when I turned the first one in for being faulty right from the start. :S

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm perfectly willing to blame my controller for my sucking because I know it's broken. Previously had problems with the red button not reading, now spread to at least the yellow too :???:

Yeah, know how frustrating it is when you know you could pull a song off but you can't because your controller is busted. <_< Oh well.

They still sell old Rock Band 1 all-instrument bundles here for like 20€, dunno are there any there but that could be a good way to get a new guitar.

Got this one today. Used a totally random path and got my first FC on it, instantly jumped there from place #13. :D

odetosolitude.png

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

The Guitar Hero video game franchise is officially dead. According to publisher Activision, which will close its music game division and cease development of existing Guitar Hero titles, they're ending the series in order to refocus efforts online.

Due to continued declines in the music genre, the company will disband Activision Publishing's Guitar Hero business unit and discontinue development on its Guitar Hero game for 2011, the company said in its most recent financial statement. These decisions are based on the desire to focus on the greatest opportunities that the company currently has to create the world's best interactive entertainment experiences."

Insiders expect that the firm will shift its attention to multiplayer, social and online connected play, a field currently characterized by all-digital products including iPhone, Facebook and downloadable casual games.

The news comes on the heels of lackluster sales performance by last holiday seasons Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. Game industry news site Eurogamer also reports that severe layoffs have hit DJ Hero developer FreeStyle Games, though the future of the virtual disc jockey franchise, also a retail underperformer, has yet to be confirmed.

Signs look bleak for the music gaming industry, with MTV Games recently shuttered by Viacom following the fire sale of Rock Band creator Harmonix, which in turn dropped Rock Band Network support for Wii. As reported earlier, gaming analysts believe the pressure to convince cash-strapped shoppers to pay $60 for too-similar annual updates, let alone $100+ for new plastic peripherals, to be too much to sustain.

With the video game industry known for regularly reintroducing new franchises or translating hit titles to new devices, its entirely possible Guitar Hero will live on in mobile or social formats. Given potential profits from the sale of digital song downloads and updates, much cheaper to make and deliver than physical goods, its also unlikely that the company will completely cut off customers who want to expand the libraries on their existing games.

But at least for now, the days of rushing out to GameStop to grab a giant plastic axe controller are over.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blogs/gear-up/guitar-hero-dead-20110209

Fun while it lasted. I wonder how long Rock Band will stick around.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

The series really went downhill, I thought, and became too repetitive. The best were the first two GH's. I'm surprised it took them this long to stop, honestly.

I can't comment on RB because I've never played it, so I don't know much about that series and if it would too die off...

1icyna.png

Rock Band isn't much better.

[fanboy]

Rock Band came up with something new, something innovative - the Keys are the most awesome things I have ever played (until my keyboard broke that is :unsure: ). Harmony vocals are also killer fun. People just quickly judge them to be "just another pile of plastic instruments" when they are NOT. They're actually real instruments, the real deal (at least the Squier and the Keyboard).

Latest GH games have simply been new song packages. Their game engine was horrifying (vocals, anyone?) and GH games' music libraries mostly covered metal and rock only. They added nothing new to the genre. RB, on the other hand, has new songs flowing into the game every few days with official releases every week with loads of different genres included.

I do not think Rock Band will die. The Guitar Hero genre dying, though.. no surprises there. Glad it's gone. :thumbup:

[/fanboy]

Also, thread on this matter posted on RB Forums by Harmonix employees.

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png