What was the 1st thing you did as a noob? 1k+ views

Guest Rob

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I got lost. I didn't learn the lay of the land until my much later levels. For some reason, I can't remember how I thought Runescape was layed out.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

The very first thing that ever happened to me was i was attacked by a mugger. For some reason it came out of nowhere, right there on the lumbridge castle steps. Somehow I won even though he was level 5 and I was only level 3. I got some coins and at the time a few coins seemed like 10,000 coins to me now. ::'

Signatures are useless. That's why I have one.

benx53.png

Average level 49.13 going for 50!

The verrry first thing? Clicked my way out of Lumbridge castle. Then mined for a bit...after finding a mining spot...for 20 minutes...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Finished Tutorial Island, wandered out of Lumbridge Castle, got lost at Al Kharid. Found my way out, went to Draynor and got lost. Then I discovered the World Map.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I never was a noob, really.

As a newb, my first thing was to ask around some newb questions, like the ones in the "noobs say the funniest things" topic, then I asked where can I mine and smith. I was led to the Lumbridge southeast mine (at that time there were no tutors). #-o

Later I went into Falador and I only realised it was Falador after whipping out my trusty newcomer map. It was my treasure <3: Then I discovered that the world map is actually quite easy to use.

After that, I started mining the ores for bronze and didn't manage to do it efficiently at all: I didn't realise that banking could be useful as I thought the furnace was closer than the bank #-o I actually made about 2k and bought a mithril pick with that, then started going for iron more actively than with the iron pick I had before. Later I practiced some more mining, and I was proud to produce my first steel med helm :P

Then I gave away my password thinking that scam was actually true #-o

Though for the second time, I did all that weeks of work in a few days and I quickly exceeded my old account in every level.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I wandered into the cow field. There was no tutorial island back then (it seems like only yesterday that was added), and I had to ask some other players how to cook meat, make a fire, chop a tree, etc. I also got lost frequently, wandered into Varrock, and some kind person gave me full iron!

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

My friend lead me to karamja thinking "this is tutorial island." But he didn't tell me you needed 30 gp to get back or about the banana plantations, i then cut down dead trees at the volcano and sold at gneral store until i had money to get off the island

Stuperkid.gif

Sea Monkey Salute!!

I walked over the bridge in lumby, and saw a lot people fighting with goblins... I was really scared of a fight with other high level people, after that I got killed by an lvl 5 goblin. I thought I lost my account so I started a new account, and after that one many others, untill I discovered you don't have to make an new account after dying.

I spent an hour looking for a mine...I thought they were all subterranean likeon Tutorial Island! :P

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I remember having trouble going through tutorial island. But in all cases, I don't remember, it's been more than 4 years.

2480+ total

When I first arrived at Lumbridge castle, the first I did was to go to the other side of the river. There I managed to kill 3 goblins before I died myself :(.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

You may find my combat a noob (lvl37 combat now)

I could do many things, yet i was a noob when i first reached Lumbridge. I know much things thanks to the great Tip-it (no bluffing, that's true) and my real friends. I learnt most types of scams and realised how silly it is to get to Wildy with a fire cape.

What I did? killed chicken until combat = 15, went to draynor, and wc, fishing until 15 and start mining and so on

I'm sooooooooo clear of that 'cause my account is registered 5 weeks ago :pray:

Currently taking a break from Runescape

Beat

Up

Mary

Poppins

(BUMP)

Beat 'er up real good!

Can't remember how I started.*takes trip down memory lane* Oh yeah, now I remember! I spent half and hour killing goblins for some gold, then walked down to al-kharid, and bought a bronze scimitar! It was my treasure. 2 weeks later i was level 18! woot yeah! So i tried my hand at killing al-kharid warriors. I didn't realise they would gang up on me :oops: and there was a guy, kept closing the door <.< so i died. the end. :boohoo:

Got stuck in Draynor Manor. Nearly quit then and there. Looking back, I'm kinda sorry that I didn't. :lol:

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I remember having trouble going through tutorial island. But in all cases, I don't remember, it's been more than 4 years.

I remember I could not get out of the first gate.

I didn't know you had to cut down trees and fish etc.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I logged in...

...and played. I got to level 23 with Black robes and Steel helmet, then got Iron plate and leg, and traded my steel helmet for an iron helmet thinking having whole set would be better.. But I realised I got ripped... #-o .

I had a lot of fun when I was newby..

Hell+Raven.png