Will Dark Bows and Dragon Arrows make a difference PKing?

Lakitsym_Rose

I don't expect much seeing as the bow has a requirement of 60 range.

This means it shouldn't be any better than Karil's Crossbow...

So don't expect much, else you get let down.

99 Crafting, Fletching, Cooking, Magic - Fire Cape - 1900+ Total

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this will be the equivalent of a whip, but for ranged. And how much is the whip used? All the time. I believe the Dark Bow will follow this trend, and that's how JaGEx intends it to be.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Did it mention anything about the requirements for the bow? It may be 60 range, in which case it will be worse than the crystal bow (which has free ammo)

So it may not even by as popular?

Someone has already said something like that and got a response a little bit like this...

D scimmy req. 60 att to wield

T Hammers req. 70 att and str to wield

I think 99% of people will say D scimmy is better than Hammers.. Don't judge the bow by the req.s to wield it

My guess is once people start risking the bow and arrows in the wildy some rune pures and mages will moan but i guess you can't make everyone happy

I doubt it will be better than the crystal bow, but it may be close. I can't imagine Jagex making the crystal bow obsolete.

People pk with whips, and there are more people capable of getting dark bows than there were with whips. Of course, dark beasts are considerably harder to kill...

People will pk with them eventually, but it may become the sort of thing like ancients, where you have to get consistent pks to break even...

If Dark Bow + Dragon Arrows = better than crystal bow, then there isnt any problem. If you are using dragon arrows you will be wasting a lot of money, while using a crytal bow, your still doing it relatively cheap. I mean 72gp per shot is okay huh? I see people training with it.

But i'm quite sure ive never seen someone training with rune arrrows, let alone dragon ones...

They better not nerf it. Dark Bows won't be used in PKing until they go down. Who takes 15mil into the wilderness(just my estimate)?

Also, this bow isn't even out yet. It could be the thing we needed to balance out the combat triangle, or it could be as useful as the Blurite crossbow.

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

i dont think it will cause that much difference because not many people will use dragon arrows or the dark bow for the first few weeks because they will be very expensive, and it still wont beat melee. Melee can dds 36-36 4 times in a row and hit up to 44s with whip. Range will still most likely get owned by melee

They better not nerf it. Dark Bows won't be used in PKing until they go down. Who takes 15mil into the wilderness(just my estimate)?

Also, this bow isn't even out yet. It could be the thing we needed to balance out the combat triangle, or it could be as useful as the Blurite crossbow.

I know quite a few people who go out in ahrims, fury, mages book, master wand, whip, and more.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

I know quite a few people who go out in ahrims, fury, mages book, master wand, whip, and more.

yea but they are the people that 30 v 1 someone though...

on topic..the bow should be about the price of whip when it comes out..won't affect pking to much untill it lands below 5 mill most likely...

sigjicu0.gif

i think its a good overall update, they have finally released an update for rangers, most of the update have been for either mage or melee if u think bout it, new spell books, torso, defenders, ect. not to much range updates lately. so i think this up date would b good. but i dont know how it would affect pking, because when it is released drag arrows will cost you a good amount of $$ and if i were a pker, i wouldn't want to really risk loseing drag arrows because of the cost.

pyro93900.png

pyro93900.png

--> 99 crafting 8/31/07 <--

pyro93900.png

Jagex Cares!!!

A good improvement on Ranged which i got 99 just...

PKing time when Dark bow comes out

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

my guess is that it will be over priced to start with (I think abby whip was sold first for like 20m) but then it will go down as people get higher and more come into the economy.

IDK if anyone will use that with dragon arrows right away, but i wouldnt doubt like 1 iteming that with some rune arrows

LOL! What stone did you live under? The first whips were being sold in the high 90M's, by fir3g0d.

Noble_Skull.gif

Proud member of The Slayer's Guild

Well I think they will be expensive like 3rd age mage.. After 2 months everybody will have 90 slayer instead of 85 and whip prices will probaply rise a little bit because everybody will be getting 90 slayer and than dark bows.. For pking: Depending on the price, the max hit, and the special attack.. I guess everybody will be getting 90 slayer and 83 hunter.. (85 slayer noobs with all 99 except slayer are owned now because it's waste of time because they cant rise their stats anymore)

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif